Removing Ranks?

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

yeah what others are saying, it’s a longterm goal.

feel i may as well start a new game if you take this away =(

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I have to shake my head in disbelief that after over a years progression in ranks Arenanet are going to get rid of them.
Gaining ranks is a form of progression that many people love, and have worked hard to move forward, you cant just take that away after so much work has been put in. Sure add new systems that go along with the rank system, but do not remove the ability to keep progressing with ranks.
For me progression is everything in an MMO, be it gear, spvp ranks, wvw ranks, achievement points, or whatever else that can be built on, and without progression I lose interest and start to get bored. Removing ranks from spvp will do more harm than good Imo. Please do not make that mistake, listen to the community, seems to me most people want ranks to stay.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Already expressed my opinion in the other thread. I think it’s a very welcome change. They could easily keep permanent divisions as rank analogues.
Let grinding be the domain of PvE.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

As I wrote in CDI topic:

Ranks will be removed imho because they are unnecessary considering what PVP is supposed to be.
There is no competitive game (afaik) out there where you are rewarded for how long you play. Rewards are based on how good you play.
Let’s take LoL as example, since it is the most played competitive game: you have an account level, from 1 to 30, which only purpose is to be an entry barrier to ranked matches. And that is exactly how it should be in GW2 imho.

Players need skill-based rewards, not farm-based ones.

If this is true then why is a season 1 spvp being hinted at. We all saw what wvw season 1 did to rankings a queue times. If the new system of reward is implemented we will still have the same core pvp players. Instead we will have pve players getting their achievements ranking up the ladder then droppping off after season 1 meta is full filled. I see how adding ladders would bring in more hard core competition but its still a small group of people. Removing ranking will just segregate the casual pvper from the hardcore ones. I really don’t expect to see a massive influx of people ranking up the ladders anyway. The first 2 weeks of season 1 spvp(if there is a season 1) will be the most exciting after that it’ll just be the same old crowd.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its not about grinding its about some sort of progression. Ladders arent progression. Progression is something where you still going forward. Ladder is more like rollercoaster where you arent rewarded for your work but all your work is about to stay on one place and its for most players more frustrating than fun. Rewards based on this are also frustrating. Anet made this game for some sort of audience (for players what want to play how they want without pushing more relax than hardcore) but now they do everything to destroy that philosophy.
Only very few players want be super hardcore competetive for all coast. All other plays it just for fun and ranks are one of things what keep them playing. They dont do it for ranks itself but vision of titles/finishers what make that difference.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Its not about grinding its about some sort of progression. Ladders arent progression. Progression is something where you still going forward. Ladder is more like rollercoaster where you arent rewarded for your work but all your work is about to stay on one place and its for most players more frustrating than fun. Rewards based on this are also frustrating. Anet made this game for some sort of audience (for players what want to play how they want without pushing more relax than hardcore) but now they do everything to destroy that idea.
Only few players want be super hardcore competetive for all coast. All other plays it just for fun and ranks are one of things what keep them playing. They dont do it for ranks itself but vision of titles/finishers what make that difference.

This exactly. That’s why removal of such rewards and finishers is such a big deal. Especially for something that could very well still exist after any such progression changes.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I think what most people on this thread are saying is that they want a system that rewards time played in spvp as well as a purely competitive based reward system like ladders.

I’m hoping that the new reward system incorporates this, and actually that was the impression I got from the blog, that the rank system will be replaced with a more robust reward system for time played, but we don’t yet know exactly what that system will look like.

Another thing is that simply taking rank away is like taking levels away from players in pve. So hopefully we will get compensation/advanced standing for our current rank in the new system?

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

instead of removing rank, maybe rename it?

call it

sPvP experience bar or PvP Level or something suitable.

it represents time spent participating in sPvP.

i dun think we should reset that.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Rozbuska.5263

I think what most people on this thread are saying is that they want a system that rewards time played in spvp as well as a purely competitive based reward system like ladders.

Exactly.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

If you cannot figure a way to make peoples currents ranks fit into the new system equally, THEN DO NOT TAKE OUR RANKS. I have played guild wars since the first game, and this is the most disappointing thing I read. I have worked for my rank and so have my friends who are 60+ and you plan on taking away all of the past year and a half’s work replaced by a kittening finisher. I sincerely hope anet has mistaken their calendars and think this is April fools.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Updated Reward System
With gear unification we will also introduce a system that allows players to set goals for rewards in PvP and work towards them. We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game. All existing glory vendors will be removed at this time. We will give advance warning when this is coming so you can spend all of your existing glory before that happens.

That’s the part you should keep in mind.

If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.

This is also something you should keep in mind. You are making this “players set goals for rewards” idea, yet you are stripping away that very thing. It may not be the epitome of what PvP stands for, but its still an encouraging factor, especially for a casual like me.

Not to mention, I can almost bet that like the direction WvW is going, Seasons/Leaderboards are really going to be the only way to attain any goals. You are moving away from the casual side of PvP. Which would have been fine if it was never introduced in the first place.

What incentive could you possibly provide a casual player like myself that I couldn’t get out of PvE or WvW? It’s definitely not gold or any other currency. I can almost guarantee it won’t be skins as those will be saved for stuff like LB’s. Finishers was really the only unique thing PvP provided that imo was neat and able to be worked towards and for a casual like myself, is now a pipe dream.

I would very much like to know what casuals can aim for in terms of goals, or should we really just quit while we’re ahead?
This new system so far has destroyed it in my eyes. I may not be the most skilled player, but I try. But trying doesn’t seem to get you very far in LB. You either make it, or you don’t. Not something I enjoy investing in.

Duty is heavier than death.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Kirmora.4976

Kirmora.4976

ranks: lifetime achievements. seasons are here today and gone tomorrow.
please keep ranks for most of us casual players its a long term goal and watching that progress bar slowly move to a new finisher/vendor is what keeps me casually playing!!!!. we cant all play 24/7 we have jobs/family and very little time for gaming. Why get rid of something thats been there from the beginning and i will look in amazement the day i get stomped by a dragon……so please don’t remove ranks ( stop messing things up!!)

“Success is a mind Game "

Killswiittch -Thief

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

If you cannot figure a way to make peoples currents ranks fit into the new system equally, THEN DO NOT TAKE OUR RANKS. I have played guild wars since the first game, and this is the most disappointing thing I read. I have worked for my rank and so have my friends who are 60+ and you plan on taking away all of the past year and a half’s work replaced by a kittening finisher. I sincerely hope anet has mistaken their calendars and think this is April fools.

+1

AN ppl will not be pleased if you are going to throw away their time and effort to trash.

I can understad that you are making gold as the the main currency in the game just to get more GEMS to GOLD in TRADING POST. = more $$$$$$$$$$$$

You can easily leave Ranks as they are. Ppl will play on ladders and seasons and during this they will earn ranks.

The same system as it is going to be in Diablo 3: ROS with paragons lvls.

Ppl didnt’t play the sPvP for finishers they have played for Ranks lvlp your character and skill. not the glory not the finishers. They are playing for Ranks to be better.

Rtght now You are saying: “screw you guys i’m going home”

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

They’re introducing more long-term rewards as they are taking this away. Right now you have 1 long-term goal that will take you perhaps 2 years to finish (Dragon finisher). They’re introducing MULTIPLE long-term goals for you to work towards.

If people would actually read the post and stop skipping over things that are said maybe they’d understand. Hell, I’d rather have MULTIPLE long-term rewards than just one. Not sure why everyone is so kitten about it.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

They’re introducing more long-term rewards as they are taking this away. Right now you have 1 long-term goal that will take you perhaps 2 years to finish (Dragon finisher). They’re introducing MULTIPLE long-term goals for you to work towards.

If people would actually read the post and stop skipping over things that are said maybe they’d understand. Hell, I’d rather have MULTIPLE long-term rewards than just one. Not sure why everyone is so kitten about it.

or you have nothing in pvp to worry about? maybe if YOU read you would notice that the ranks will be eliminated. SURE I would love to have multiple long term goals but if that means I lose the one that the only reason I played the past year and a half was for, then kitten no. That’s like me suggesting to add more classes into pve but to do that we erase all of your current characters and gear. Pvp rank is all we have had since launch so this is erasing any progress we have ever made. Take all your gear, all your gold, all your level 80’s and present you a finisher. Pretty sure you wouldn’t be happy either.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Kirmora.4976

If people would actually read the post and stop skipping over things that are said maybe they’d understand. Hell, I’d rather have MULTIPLE long-term rewards than just one. Not sure why everyone is so kitten about it.[/quote]

whats wrong with leaving the rank reward system..and adding new ones i.e multiple (more then one). you have answered your own question.

Killswiittch -Thief

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Arnekun.6170

Arnekun.6170

I think the current permanent rank finishers should be available to earn even after the ranks are gone through the new reward system… I don’t think people should have to worry about losing a cool finisher just because their position on the ladder fell.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Kirmora.4976

i have to agree with you….

Killswiittch -Thief

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Updated Reward System
With gear unification we will also introduce a system that allows players to set goals for rewards in PvP and work towards them. We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game. All existing glory vendors will be removed at this time. We will give advance warning when this is coming so you can spend all of your existing glory before that happens.

hmmmm okies! thanks justin!
i will look forward to them!

by the way, could we trade in our PvP boosters for other boosters of similar value? O_O

yes please

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

Updated Reward System

Bad precedents are being set.

• Fractal progress wiped to implement a leaderboard (that no one cares about);
  • Spvp ranks delete to implement a new system;

I guess ppl are starting to have trouble taking arenanet serious and commit to anything long term.

Setting goals?
Goals that might be deleted at any given time, due to “insert random arenanet thought here”?

Ranks don’t mean anything. Removing them means everything.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

HOLD THE PHONE!

Ranks and Finishers are being removed? So that rank 39 which takes a significant amount of time to achieve, unless you farmed glory before the “fix,” will be wiped away and I won’t have anything to show for it?

Unless there is some new awesome system being implemented that rewards me for that time played before the deletion of ranks, I’m going to be upset.

Also, I was looking forward to getting the Lion Finisher, which I’ll probably be able to do before deletion, but maybe not. And what about the finishers after that?

• Established finishers shouldn’t be part of leaderboard rankings. If you want to create new ones to reward top players, fine. But the established finishers are a testament to how much time you have put into spvp.
Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

A lot of people are misunderstanding what is happening. People who have earned their rank emotes and finishers will get to keep them as they are.

If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.

Hey Justin,

Do you think we can get a stats system that tracks different attributes that the player has done in pvp?

For example:

Most healing done
Most points captured
Longest a point has been held by the player
How many killing blows you have
How many kill assists you have
Number of attacks blocked
Number of attacks dodged
How many times you have been downed
How many times you’ve been defeated

You get the point I’m sure. But I feel if we could track individual stats then it would be easier to get a broader perspective of our own pvp abilities and that of others. And it could also show areas you need to work on. Such as if you have a low capture point stat it show you may need to work on learning how to capture them more effectively.

The leaderboard could then show the players stats as well. I think it would be great for the game.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

NO for rank remove….
I am working slowly towards shark finisher (it’s so lovely!!!!!!) while playing tournies and now I don’t know if I am able to hit it before rank remove.
So time I spent lvling 50-60 is just a waste (xept fun in tournies). Not to mention U reward those awfull shyhamemr farmers….This is a bad idea, and as U see Justin, many ppl are against it, so I think the team should consider it, at best scenario abandon and come up with something else.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Dorian Teal.1203

Dorian Teal.1203

Hi,
I think ranks should stay. Before patch I fought my way to ~450 on the solo queue leaderboard, it was great. Now, I’m at 9% for bad luck or for actually being terrible, but the motivation is gone to pvp. Looking forward to a wolf finisher and increasing rank. Not sure how long I’d keep pvping without that.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

like i said in ither topic

hotjoins + curent rank system promote brainles farming/spaming/zerging , then on soloque u have 5 ppl caping one point , i respect your opinions guys , my opinion is just diffrent , and if the system change will improve curent state of the game (wich i think willl) i can deal that my time spended doing tournaments to get my rank will be how to say it “removed” , with current state of pvp wicth is on critical level i am up for any change , those changes are big thats why i am looking with optimism for the next monhts and i hope devs will finaly improve pvp. Like i dont care atm abour rank/gear/leeder i want this game to be realy good pvp competetive game with big commiunity , esport?? yes it will come easy when we will get good ppl base and reword/leeder system

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

As a long time player of only tournys, I would probably quit spvp if my ranks where taken away from me. Sitting at 47 atm. Keep ranks, remove glory if you must, but let us grind out our ranks as a long time goal.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

There have been two things I played GW2 for Fractals and Tournements.
Working on my Shark Finisher since launch and now when I feel it s really reachable in the next 5-6 months [atm r44] you want to remove my rank and let me repeat from scratch like you did with my fractal lvl 80? It feels like you just deleted all my score to make me quit since i have nothing to show off anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Paradoxo.1502

Paradoxo.1502

I support the rank removal. It doesn’t measure the player skill, since people can just farm it on hot joins. I think a new bronze/silver/gold/diamond system would be enough. Plus more informations like ELO in the ranking, and how much of it you won/lost after a match.

“no one helps no loves” – mighty meak.6387 2014

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Where are we suppose to get our sense of pride and progression?

By working at actually being good at pvp? If I understand it correctly, the higher-up finishers will now be linked to those who are in the top tier of the ladder system.

In GW1, not everyone had a gold trim cape. Only the best did, and everyone respected it – there was major respect for guilds like Last Pride and War Machine. Rank and the finishers are so devalued right now, it’s ridiculous. Simply because ANYONE can get them by simply farming enough times in hotjoin.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Rexivus.3794

Rexivus.3794

Please remove ranks soon. I dont like grinding rank points for my RNG armor sets.

I am a casual, and I get feel no sense of accomplishment at all from the current rank system.

Rivendusk | Rivendawn | -daze | -drake | -dash | -drop | -dire | -dyre | Daxter

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I’m R39 and looking at the 45k glory needed to get to 40 I can say it’ll take me at least a month to get it. I will be highly annoyed if they strip my rank this close to the next tier.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I want to echo my previous question from another thread, but when should we be expecting the rank system to be removed? If you are really going to follow through with this then we’d like to know how long we have to finish getting our desired ranks/if they’re worth going for at all.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I want to echo my previous question from another thread, but when should we be expecting the rank system to be removed? If you are really going to follow through with this then we’d like to know how long we have to finish getting our desired ranks/if they’re worth going for at all.

its not going to happen for a while. maybe sometime next year but not anytime soon. It’s a big change they’re making and you don’t have to worry about it happening overnight

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

I would also like to see ranks (and their finishers/gear unlocks) kept in place as a method to demonstrate effort and experience over time. It doesn’t reflect skill like ladders might, but I don’t think ladders make sense at all in a team based battles with pugs. Implement ladders for tPVP if you wish.

I do think the rank point requirements ramp up far too much each tier making it take longer and longer to see an improvement to your title/gear/finishers.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

good stuff in here guys. and i to just want to reitearte that i am definitely looking forward to the new ranking system and depending on how it rolls out and actualyl functions, it could be very promising.

again, that being said, don’t see the need to “wipe” the progress that players HAVE made or had planned to make.

for those asking for it to be removed, does it affect you in a negative light? if so, how? if it doesn’t bother you, causing you less enjoyment in the game, then why not leave it be for those who enjoy it? sure, they may not measure actual skill and ability to perform in the game in its current state.. which is what i assume the new ladder system and reward system will be for. so you can get go test yoruself there. again, i don’t see the rationale of completely wiping the rank system. if anything, it can be indication of how long you’ve played the game. that in itself is worth something else is it not? afterall, time is the only think we can’t buy. and is simply another form of dedication and passion for something.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

just reposting my thread topic to where it will be read.
Just to start off i’m against removing ranks. Here’s why: Gw1 had ranks, ex: r6 glad, but that didn’t mean you where good or bad. (atleast in RA :P) To show who was the best they had gold/silver/bronze trim capes, emotes, and other forms of rewards.
So; I thought we could do something similar, here’s my example:
Top 90 % rating : Title “Contestant”
Top 75% rating: Elite Lux/Kurz armor
Top 50% rating: Oppressor Weapons
Top 25% rating: Title “Contender”
Top 10% rating: Tormented Weapons
Top 5% rating: Capes
Top 1% rating: Title “Tyrant”, Obsidian Armor.
That’s the basic idea of this,higher rated players will have exclusive skins as a status symbol. Loose your rating? Loose the ability to equip said status symbol. The rewards need to be appealing enough to make players not fond of spvp to come and try and compete for them.
Constructive criticism welcome.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

or you have nothing in pvp to worry about? maybe if YOU read you would notice that the ranks will be eliminated. SURE I would love to have multiple long term goals but if that means I lose the one that the only reason I played the past year and a half was for, then kitten no. That’s like me suggesting to add more classes into pve but to do that we erase all of your current characters and gear. Pvp rank is all we have had since launch so this is erasing any progress we have ever made. Take all your gear, all your gold, all your level 80’s and present you a finisher. Pretty sure you wouldn’t be happy either.

I said I would rather have more than one long-term reward. I never said they weren’t removing rank.

I’m glad they’re removing rank because in return we’re getting more long-term rewards.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

hotjoins + curent rank system promote brainles farming/spaming/zerging , then on soloque u have 5 ppl caping one point , i respect your opinions guys , my opinion is just diffrent , and if the system change will improve curent state of the game (wich i think willl) i can deal that my time spended doing tournaments to get my rank will be how to say it “removed” , with current state of pvp wicth is on critical level i am up for any change , those changes are big thats why i am looking with optimism for the next monhts and i hope devs will finaly improve pvp. Like i dont care atm abour rank/gear/leeder i want this game to be realy good pvp competetive game with big commiunity , esport?? yes it will come easy when we will get good ppl base and reword/leeder system

This

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Rozbuska.5263

System can be improoved without removing current ranks and their further progression thats the point of this topic.
This game miss its chance to be esport long time ago actualy just on release where we havent spectator and template saving. Game simply havent enough players (a mean those who cares about some competetive play) to create that competetive enviroment. Anet just trying beat dead horse nothing more.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Michael.7382

My idea for ranks from another thread:

I would remake it. Reward ppl with rank points ONLY for win in tournaments. Hot joins are good for casuals, they r fun but got nothing in common with competitive play. Yes, I would decrease everybody’s rank. I know, ppl would loose their finishers. But rank would be a measurment of tournament wins (read GW1). I’m ok with the fact ranking up for phoenix would take me 2-3 more years. But it would be a phoenix consisting only from wins. And that would be gr8. Coz now ppl say rank means nothing, rank farmed and other bullkitten. It would eliminate it. When a guy scored a dragon rank in GW1 after years, every1 was like: wow, dat guy won MUCH, he is good for sure.
Also, rollback skyhammer farmers.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

I would remake it. Reward ppl with rank points ONLY for win in tournaments. Hot joins are good for casuals, they r fun but got nothing in common with competitive play. Yes, I would decrease everybody’s rank. I know, ppl would loose their finishers. But rank would be a measurment of tournament wins (read GW1). I’m ok with the fact ranking up for phoenix would take me 2-3 more years. But it would be a phoenix consisting only from wins. And that would be gr8. Coz now ppl say rank means nothing, rank farmed and other bullkitten. It would eliminate it. When a guy scored a dragon rank in GW1 after years, every1 was like: wow, dat guy won MUCH, he is good for sure.

This!

I would do a change with current rank system. Rank should be a measurment of tournament wins to actually say something about if you are good or not. So calculate how many wins every player have in solo and team que and set a proper rank amount for every win and do a rollback. Hot join is for casual play and test out builds and should NOT give rank but could count towards some titles.

Do it like this and realise that it should have been like this from the beginning.

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Rozbuska.5263

Its actualy very good idea but farmers again find their way. Anet need fix that farm issue first

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Michael.7382

I think what I proposed would be much better. They should consider it and give reasonable ammount of point for wins we already have. Y, I don’t get why farming hot joins is better for being higher rank than playing tournaments…. if it’s kep, give rank in ratio 1:5 hj/tourn….

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Ranks were useless and exploited.

What would be great is if rank finishers would be given out depending on your rating/leaderboard/league placing. With the the very top players getting a legendary -edit- weapon.

So, instead of having a meaningless number, we’d have our finishers tied to something that actually shows skill over simple grinding.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

From what I understand, with the ladder system, someone like me who likes to play sPvP every now and then will end up having nothing to show for it. Only the players who stick to sPvP throughout the seasons will be rewarded, and only for that season at that… This whole thing sounds horrible.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up pushing people like me out of sPvP all together rather than pulling them in each season as Anet is hoping for.

I like to knit every now and then. With how much the seasons change I fear that only knitting casually will never get me a woolly winter jumper made in time. This makes me not want to knit any more and has pushed me away from a community I was already only vaguely connected to and took only a passing interest in.

That is basically what you just said. You are asking to get some sort of reward from pvp when you only have a passing and casual interest in it. Rewards in life go to those who are dedicated, preserver and progressively want to get better and work at it. Nobody has ever been rewarded anything for having a casual and passing interest in something. Sorry bud..but this is just a harsh reality of life..if you pander to rewarding every tiny little thing a person does, you never get anything done.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Michael.7382

Rozb, there were no farming like hj farm or skyhammer farm. In HA. It was epic to see ppl with ranks 12+.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

A lot of people are misunderstanding what is happening. People who have earned their rank emotes and finishers will get to keep them as they are.

You guys just can’t help yourselves from stepping on the toes of your pvp playerbase. Why even remove ranks in the first place? It has been the only progression we’ve had since release, it would be like removing levels from pve players when you released new content.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

From what I understand, with the ladder system, someone like me who likes to play sPvP every now and then will end up having nothing to show for it. Only the players who stick to sPvP throughout the seasons will be rewarded, and only for that season at that… This whole thing sounds horrible.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up pushing people like me out of sPvP all together rather than pulling them in each season as Anet is hoping for.

I like to knit every now and then. With how much the seasons change I fear that only knitting casually will never get me a woolly winter jumper made in time. This makes me not want to knit any more and has pushed me away from a community I was already only vaguely connected to and took only a passing interest in.

That is basically what you just said. You are asking to get some sort of reward from pvp when you only have a passing and casual interest in it. Rewards in life go to those who are dedicated, preserver and progressively want to get better and work at it. Nobody has ever been rewarded anything for having a casual and passing interest in something. Sorry bud..but this is just a harsh reality of life..if you pander to rewarding every tiny little thing a person does, you never get anything done.

I’m rank 32. I don’t play sPvP only. There are other aspects of the game. I try to be the best that I can be in all aspects. In a SINGLE VIDEO GAME I think it’s reasonable to be able to achieve some level of rewards within each aspect of that VIDEO GAME. To you, because I would dare spend any time in PvE or WvW I shalt not be rewarded with a single penny in sPvP… Nice logic.

… I still want tengu.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Updated Reward System

The bit you have highlighted is too vague to have much bearing on discussion.

On the one hand we’re being given concrete specific information about what will be taken away (glory and ranks), but the information about what will be added is just a vague reference to “a system.”

You can’t expect people to comment on how they feel about this when they only have half the proposition. For all we know, your plans are at such an early stage that between now and releasing them you might be forced to radically revise them and be unable to deliver anything at all to meaningfully counterbalance the absence of ranks.

If you genuinely want community engagement on this (or any) topic, you will need to share your ideas. Otherwise it just feels like your sharing the negative just so people can get used to the idea and you have no real intention of acting upon feedback.

We see this all the time. You go through the motions of sharing and listening, but every single post from a dev you see amounts to a rebuttal of the user input or some vague “yeah, we should think about that.”

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I am not much for removing ranks. Ladder and Leagues sound great, but here’s the catch:

People want a way to show veteran status as well as league standing.

Especially people like me, who play with very high-ranked people on an even footing but I don’t get to play very often. I don’t want my status in pvp to be reflected by only my league standing.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP