Report Players for AFK?

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Verdis.8472

Verdis.8472

Is there anyway i can report a player for afk’ing every Arena game he “plays”?

A user joined my team and a member of the opposite team told us to immediately report him because he had been AFK’ing in their previous game. He did the exact same thing in our game, he would run to a capture point and go AFK. He would then move once every so often so as not to get autokicked but wouldn’t participate in the battle at all.

About an hour later he ended up in our team again and was doing the exact same thing. There’s no report option for this type of behaviour. “Botting” is the closest thing i could report him for. Is this even a reportable offence or are the Devs not bothered about it? Thanks.

EDIT: Edited out the users name, although i think people should know who to avoid…

(edited by Verdis.8472)

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Botting is what we’ve been told to use. It’s defined along the lines of “not actively playing the character”. Also you’re not allowed to call people out by name, might want to delete that.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

No account name / nameing anybody on forum.
so please edit out the accname of the person. It’s rude and it will get deleted this way by Moderators.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Verdis.8472

so please edit out the accname of the person.

I had already done so. I wasn’t aware of the rule.

It’s rude

No, rude is somebody crippling a team and wasting players time. He was happy enough to show in chat he was enjoying it.

(edited by Verdis.8472)

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

I run into the same thing all the time. It would be nice if there was either a auto kick from inactivity for 30secs, or a special report option for this behavior. It really is disheartening to the team and causes people to not want to play any more.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Verdis.8472

auto kick from inactivity for 30secs

They already have an autokick system as far as i’m aware. The guy kept moving his character slightly every now and again to avoid getting kicked. So if you’re sitting there, watching the screen and having to move your character, then why not just play the kitten game.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Proxish.3607

Proxish.3607

so please edit out the accname of the person. It’s rude and it will get deleted this way by Moderators.

Can you please specifically link to the rule stating that no account naming on the forum is allowed?
As far as I’ve seen, there is no rule in the code of conduct that states no account can be named.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

Can you please specifically link to the rule stating that no account naming on the forum is allowed?
As far as I’ve seen, there is no rule in the code of conduct that states no account can be named.

“Do not engage in personal attacks against forum members or in character assassination. Posts that attack another member, that single out a player for ridicule, or that accuse someone of inappropriate in-game actions will be removed without notice. In-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team. If you believe that using the support system did not result in a sufficient or timely response, you may post your concern in the Support section of the forums.”

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

auto kick from inactivity for 30secs

They already have an autokick system as far as i’m aware. The guy kept moving his character slightly every now and again to avoid getting kicked. So if you’re sitting there, watching the screen and having to move your character, then why not just play the kitten game.

Thats why I think the kick timer should be extremely shortened for PvP, you need to be constantly in motion while you are playing anyhow. This wouldn’t affect actual players just the AFK kittens that stand around at spawn.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

Kick-timer is not the solution. The solution is actually present in GW1. Give the ability to report AFK players. After a certain number of reports from a single game (So that it doesn’t get abused by haters) you get a dishonorable effect the blocks you from joining PvP matches for a period of time.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

So what does he get out of this behavior. Any Points?
Or just happy to troll?

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Verdis.8472

So what does he get out of this behavior. Any Points?
Or just happy to troll?

I’m pretty sure he still gets exp at the end of the game, but only the win/lose exp, no bonus for kills or top player. I’m assuming that’s why he always captures one point before he stops contributing, because you probably need to have contributed something in order to be eligible for the end game exp

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Got one today – of course names our not allowed, but this is kittening me off

TPvP, not soloQ, not Skyham – just a thief who decides to AFK after we lost the first mid-fight because “You guys are noobs and should learn to play”

This kind of additude should be punnished, get these freaking leechers out of my game and let me at least win the moral high-ground with my team by trying!

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Yeah, let’s all try harder because we have people who rush mobs in Forest of Niflhel, because we have bunker who runs to close at start of game, because we have people who "cap faster with more people standing in circle", those who never go back to help home, those who only run in zergs, etc. Yeah, let’s try harder and win games for them. You know, cause we are all nice and friendly people.

Report Players for AFK?

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Reporting for afk’ing has been discussed quite often recently.
I do not think that it needs yet another thread.
If you search for it, you will find plenty of other threads to add your comment to.

Afk reporting should not be implemented as it opens the door to massive abuse.

Going afk sometimes is the better solution. It is legit. It should not be changed.