Retired, Educated, Curious

in PvP

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

So I’ve been in the hardcore seen in GW2 (before it was esports unfortunately) and I’m curious what would be the best class to invest my time in to have the most fun and still be very strong. I have alot of time on mesmer/guardian/thief/necro which it seems that 3/4 are meta currently and mesmer is meta in EU. So I’m not entirely sure what to actually choose to invest my time in as I love mesmer but it seems to be able to be 1 shot by a good thief and no other class has that except mesmer.

Anyway if you didn’t want to read that paragraph, what’s a good class to run now that will be fun still after the trait reworks.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

You can’t go wrong with Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Thief and mesmer. They’re getting huge buffs and don’t think they’ll be out of meta any soon.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Thief is designed to have a death-grip on the burst-roamer goal, and ANet won’t let anybody else come to the party that can truly compete. It has been required on every truly competitive team, forever, and that is not going to change. It is certainly a safe bet.

However, if you are soloQ-ing, have a backup like warrior in-case you get stuck on a team with a bunch of other thieves. They don’t scale too well past the first one.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Thief is designed to have a death-grip on the burst-roamer goal, and ANet won’t let anybody else come to the party that can truly compete. It has been required on every truly competitive team, forever, and that is not going to change. It is certainly a safe bet.

However, if you are soloQ-ing, have a backup like warrior in-case you get stuck on a team with a bunch of other thieves. They don’t scale too well past the first one.

if you learn warrior and thief and switch when appropriate you should have a good time.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

Only do this if you don’t care about rewards/records/mmr/dishonor (yet to do implemented). Apparently, you automatically make yourself and your party deserters by switching characters after seeing your team layout.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Thief is a safe bet for years and years to pass and to come, probably. Engi is also a safe bet, i would say.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Thief and mesmer. They’re getting huge buffs and don’t think they’ll be out of meta any soon.

Mesmer is in the current meta? LOL…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

+1 . . . . . . . lol

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

+1 . . . . . . . lol

Yes, top EU teams plays mesmers. They’re getting huge buffs, both mesmer and thief. The reason why people don’t want to play it is because of thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Thejewishpeople.1367

Thejewishpeople.1367

Just play what you play best on, every class can work if played properly. Just ask Eura, he plays ranger…

Secretary of Blixx
80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

well in that context not a single thief will play that profession because of:

Medi DPS guards
Cele Engis
Condi ranger
Cele Ele
Condi Engi