Reveal on missed BS

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Good job Anet (honestly). Now apply it to all stealth attacks!

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

it is not just missed bs, even if you hit empty air with BS you get revealed

i really wish they would at least post it on patch notes~
oh and assisted rocket triggers of anything, has 10sec CD and hits like truck, because fire/air procs weren’t enough~

definitely not buying xpac, eff this crap, back to league

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Best change ingame. >:)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

oh and assisted rocket triggers of anything, has 10sec CD and hits like truck, because fire/air procs weren’t enough~

I guess it’s time to get gud

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

now those $50 HoT doesn’t look so good huh?

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

friendly reminder only bad players think thief is overpowered

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

Overpowered? Not game breakingly. Poorly designed with all of the burden of skill on the defending party? Definitely.

This change is long overdue.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

obey me

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

sinject.4607

Overpowered? Not game breakingly. Poorly designed with all of the burden of skill on the defending party? Definitely.

by far the dumbest post defending a bug i’ve seen in a while

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Don’t want to sound like a smart kitten but don’t swing at the air????

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Cynz.9437

have you ever play a thief and fight other thief or mesmer? just curious

All is Vain~

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Yes, I play one. If both of you are in stealth, you predict/guess/fire and hope for the best where the thief/mesmer is and try to BS.

Anet now took the “guessing” out of the equation and the first to leave stealth gets punish. They just need to apply this rule set to mesmer as well and all is good.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yes, I play one. If both of you are in stealth, you predict/guess/fire and hope for the best where the thief/mesmer is and try to BS.

Anet now took the “guessing” out of the equation and the first to leave stealth gets punish. They just need to apply this rule set to mesmer as well and all is good.

Yeah i wish they would apply it to other classes. If you don’t land attack, all your defensives should get locked for 3 sec. Sounds balanced to me~

On more serious note, if this is a bug i just wonder if they even logged on thief to test things. How hard is it to use BP+HS or refuge and hit 1?

All is Vain~

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Yeah i wish they would apply it to other classes. If you don’t land attack, all your defensives should get locked for 3 sec. Sounds balanced to me~

On more serious note, if this is a bug i just wonder if they even logged on thief to test things. How hard is it to use BP+HS or refuge and hit 1?

Trolling aside…is it on any attack or just BS? Example, BP plus HS but if you HS again will it reveal you?

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Sweetbread.4701

Come back when you have something to say that isn’t just “ubad” and “udumb” assuming you can manage it. Its hilarious to see thieves having to deal with the whole “gitgud” schtick idiots like you perpetuate for once lol.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

If it did something like lowered the amount of stealth you had remaining by 1 second it might be worth a ‘bug’ test, but this sounds way to easy to outplay.

Aegis? GG

Phaatonn, London UK

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Trolling aside…is it on any attack or just BS? Example, BP plus HS but if you HS again will it reveal you?

it is just BS, no matter circumstances use of BS automatically causes 3 sec revealed debuff (in pvp); other attacks can be still used (even sword 1) out of stealth w/o getting revealed if you didn’t land hit on target

All is Vain~

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

it is just BS, no matter circumstances use of BS automatically causes 3 sec revealed debuff (in pvp); other attacks can be still used (even sword 1) out of stealth w/o getting revealed if you didn’t land hit on target

Thanks. This is interesting. Maybe they are changing stealth/reveal and accidently included in this patch. This is the second time in the last couple of months that this happened…

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Sounds like it’s a step in the right direction.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

sinject.4607

Come back when you have something to say that isn’t just “ubad” and “udumb” assuming you can manage it. Its hilarious to see thieves having to deal with the whole “gitgud” schtick idiots like you perpetuate for once lol.

nothing you’ve posted warrants an actual response given how shallow it is. you’re more than likely an embittered player talking about a clear and obvious bug as if it’s a positive balance change without actually giving a logical explanation as to why it’s “imbalanced” that someone has to play defensively against someone playing offensively when counterplay to that offensive mechanic already exists. you don’t give any details or put any effort into articulating as to why it’s a good thing, you just spout “THIEF NERF GOOD!!!” and act like dismissing your rambling isn’t a valid response.

so please, try harder next time

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Sweetbread.4701

nothing you’ve posted warrants an actual response given how shallow it is. you’re more than likely an embittered player talking about a clear and obvious bug as if it’s a positive balance change without actually giving a logical explanation as to why it’s “imbalanced” that someone has to play defensively against someone playing offensively when counterplay to that offensive mechanic already exists. you don’t give any details or put any effort into articulating as to why it’s a good thing, you just spout “THIEF NERF GOOD!!!” and act like dismissing your rambling isn’t a valid response.

I’d think the “entire burden of skill being on the defending party” part would be the valid explanation. Sorry that you actually need someone to spell it out for you, but block, block, block, block, block, block, block, block, 7k backstab is not good game design and rewards unskilled play. Backstab still works great as a sneak attack, but now it actually requires skill to land instead of brain dead spam while in a fight. Thieves now have to actually bait out defenses and use burst setups/misdirection to land their burst like the rest of the kittening game instead of just going 1111111111111111111111111111111111111 and burning through block charges and evades with 0 penalty or risk while invisible. Oh god your class finally has some actual counterplay, better scream and cry about it.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

It’s honestly not that big of a deal, still hasn’t changed my thief. Still easy to land a BS.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Hell yeah! And if both stealth, the first backstabber loses?
It’s called mexican stand-off and Clint Eastwood approves this change;)

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’d think the “entire burden of skill being on the defending party” part would be the valid explanation. Sorry that you actually need someone to spell it out for you, but block, block, block, block, block, block, block, block, 7k backstab is not good game design and rewards unskilled play. Backstab still works great as a sneak attack, but now it actually requires skill to land instead of brain dead spam while in a fight. Thieves now have to actually bait out defenses and use burst setups/misdirection to land their burst like the rest of the kittening game instead of just going 1111111111111111111111111111111111111 and burning through block charges and evades with 0 penalty or risk while invisible. Oh god your class finally has some actual counterplay, better scream and cry about it.

There is already plenty of counter-play vs thief stealth. You can prevent them from entering stealth other than with blinding powder. Adding this in would allow you to prevent them from entering stealth and then give you extreme ez mode counter-play after as well.

It’s gotta be a bug since the other stealth attacks are not behaving in this way anyways though.

I don’t main thief and don’t even usually use it for the daily (I’ll choose the other one) and I think it’s dumb as all kitten to think this is the way the class should operate. Then again some players seem to become grazing cattle when faced with stealth…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

So if you miss backstab you get revealed? I did not see this in the patch notes. O.o

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Sounds like it’s a step in the right direction.

no, it IS the step in the right direction, and hopefully Anet will not give into Thieves crying and moaning.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

It’s a bug. Too bad for ppl that only want to play d/p tonight.

Phaatonn, London UK

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

A bug in the right direction

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

but given the past history of Anet’s infatuation for thief class, they probably will fix this “bug” due to all the crying, even with all the insane buffs the class received in this patch.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

but given the past history of Anet’s infatuation for thief class, they probably will fix this “bug” due to all the crying, even with all the insane buffs the class received in this patch.

You dont thief do you

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Cynz.9437

2 years of nerfs in every single patch (not including bugs)… idk, i didn’t feel any love there~

All is Vain~

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Maybe they are giving theives the necro treatment, call it a bug and then just make it the new normal.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Im buying the xPac now

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

It’s definitely a bug. If you do four hs in a black powder field and then backstab in the air you get revealed debuff and stealth buff at the same time.

Anyways seems stupid. The hard counter to thieves is guards, and condi guards have become super aids with this patch. Guards win now by being able to blind a thief and have aegis up.

Not to say thief isn’t super strong now, just that this mechanic is bad especially for 1v1s. I can see this as somewhat of a balance in team fights, if you miss a backstab you have to get out of there kind of thing, but in 1v1s its stupid.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I really wonder about one thing: how hard it must be for QA team to make a thief and press 3 buttons…..It is not like bug is hard to reproduce or rarely happens…

All is Vain~

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Definitely the right direction. I’m buying the xpac! This patch has better balance than I expected

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I really wonder about one thing: how hard it must be for QA team to make a thief and press 3 buttons…..It is not like bug is hard to reproduce or rarely happens…

They said transfusion canceling after exiting deathshroud is a bug. Then they made it baseline. Welcome to my world.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

It’s definitely a bug. If you do four hs in a black powder field and then backstab in the air you get revealed debuff and stealth buff at the same time.

Anyways seems stupid. The hard counter to thieves is guards, and condi guards have become super aids with this patch. Guards win now by being able to blind a thief and have aegis up.

Not to say thief isn’t super strong now, just that this mechanic is bad especially for 1v1s. I can see this as somewhat of a balance in team fights, if you miss a backstab you have to get out of there kind of thing, but in 1v1s its stupid.

It’s also stupid stacking 12 secs of stealth while u gain more ini, take less damage, cleanse condi and heal.

D/P needs a nerf, a kittene.

Reveal on miss is stupid tho.

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

It’s also stupid stacking 12 secs of stealth while u gain more ini, take less damage, cleanse condi and heal.

D/P needs a nerf, a kittene.

Reveal on miss is stupid tho.

out of all the changes today d/p thieves are the least OP build in the game

Reveal on missed BS

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

According to the patch notes, this bug has been fixed! :-D

Oops, maybe I shouldn’t have said anything ;-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *