Revenant OP!

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I like the sound of thischange but they also didn’t say how conversion skills interact with the stacks. Will skills like Corrupt Boon remove all stacks or just one stack? Something to ask them at PAX or EGX I guess.

It will most likely like might, also boon removel will remove all stacks but cc only 1.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Stability change seems like a really really bad idea… what if you hit the same line of warding twice, you’ll lose stab for every single time you hit it? What about slick shoes? Headshot spam is a boon rip on stab stacks?

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The rest of us get 100 to 0-ed already.

who the hell dies to a hambow now.

like god people still bring up hambow like it’s something useful, people can beat it without stability and people will do the same after stability change.

Are you agreeing with me or…..?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

So I was watching the stream, and somewhere around the half of it I made a picture of it being played

Step 1. Stack confusion (there is nice utility for that)
Step 2. Stack Torment (another utility for that)
Step 3. Switch legend to the dwarf
Step 4. Taunt
……..
profit?

Sure, it will involve more than what is asked from a bearbow ranger atm, but that is one heck of a class in 1on1.

Also watching on the stream, It certainly didn’t seem too hard to keep energy up. Idk why Ruby went on saying that if you don’t look up after your energy you’ll find yourself dead … seeing how fast it regenerates, it surely beats thief’s initiative, at least on first glance. So i hope this is just a testing parameter and it gets balanced out. Anyone else sharing that concern or am I exaggerating in here?

Also i was expecting Taunt to be some silly control ability like the fear, just in reverse but … it is chainable for the revenant as long as it has energy … and that sounds like a lot of time :U

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

If you’re dying to hambow, stability is not the problem. Just saying.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

A lot of new stuff on revenant in today POI, i hope there will be a site/topic/blog/something else where we can find every infos anet showed us this evening.

Dulfy.

Nice

She did a good job.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

From what I have understood, each utility will drain 40/50% of your bar, more or less depending on the utility. After using two utilities in quick succession, you’ll be left with almost no energy , your enemy will be able to clear both confusion and torment and you will be left wide open to a massive counter-attack

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I feel like revenant will need to be hotfixed as soon as it is introduced. That is part of why thieves used to be so broken, some skills used too little initiative while giving the thief way too much reward. I get the feeling energy will be kind of the same.

Also who’s excited for being able to use a healing skill twice in a row!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

From what I have understood, each utility will drain 40/50% of your bar, more or less depending on the utility. After using two utilities in quick succession, you’ll be left with almost no energy , your enemy will be able to clear both confusion and torment and you will be left wide open to a massive counter-attack

Well on the stream energy didn’t go down like you said. The energy loss was minimal. I think he had like 50% energy left after he showcased both utilities

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Im so curious about revenant

They can only have one set of weapon, so they have less attacking skill even then the warrior (healing skill will still be a healing skill even switched so 3+ elite, while warrior swap have a complete new set of 5 skills and a new burst skills)

and they not only have cool down but also have energy like thief..(basically thieves with short cooldowns) except for utilities. interesting

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

no, it will punish the less numerous side

currently my guild can routinely wipe groups up to 3 times their size, when said group will only need to put down 1 million statics/lines and we won’t have any way to negate that it won’t be possible anymore.

stability stacking intensity just favors who can stack the most cc = the larger side.

Which will reduce open Zerg v Zerg combat and make siege weapons and capping forts more important but maybe keep WvW issues with WvW thread.

Yes yes. More siege, less fighting, this is the way of Anet.

This will change large scale fight combat in interesting ways. It will make zergbusting a bit easier since the amount of targetless aoes like line of warding and static field will probably outdue the amount of stabiilty stacks, giving us a way to control these groups.

All it could really do is make things more of a ranged war yet things have already evolved like that in large scale fights already.

However, if this really empowers larger numbers even more, then im against the change. Anet has made it harder and harder to fight outmanned throughout the history of this game. Nerfing damage, nerfing specific skills.

(edited by SkylightMoon.1980)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Isn’t that technically more than 2 buttons?

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I feel like revenant will need to be hotfixed as soon as it is introduced. That is part of why thieves used to be so broken, some skills used too little initiative while giving the thief way too much reward. I get the feeling energy will be kind of the same.

Problem is….you won’t be able to use the healing skill twice, did you see that each skill/utility has a CD on top of energy consumption? The main heal showed so far has 30s CD, the utilities had like 50s+ CD and skill 4-5 something like 25s+, skill 3 on hammer was 15s CD and mace skill 3 was maybe 20s CD.

Revenant will play like a GW1 profession, a bad player will soon run out of energy and die easily, a good player will make appear as revenant is actually spamming skills all this thx to superb energy management

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Isn’t that technically more than 2 buttons?

Well i use it as a slang term for something that requires little effort but has huge reward.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

It doesn’t even have two of it’s trait lines yet. Who knows what it will actually be like?

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Problem is….you won’t be able to use the healing skill twice, did you see that each skill/utility has a CD on top of energy consumption? The main heal showed so far has 30s CD, the utilities had like 50s+ CD and skill 4-5 something like 25s+, skill 3 on hammer was 15s CD and mace skill 3 was maybe 20s CD.

Revenant will play like a GW1 profession, a bad player will soon run out of energy and die easily, a good player will make appear as revenant is actually spamming skills all this thx to superb energy management

The utilities most certainly did not have 50 second cooldowns. That’s the Energy cost of the utility. Most of the Revenant utility skills shown didn’t have any cooldown at all. Inspiring Reinforcement, the stone road/Stability utility, has a 5 second cooldown. It’s actually the only utility from both the Jalis and Mallyx set that has any sort of cooldown.

The weapon skills do have cooldowns, but except that one, the utility/elites don’t. That said, I wouldn’t panic yet. This is a very early, pre-beta build. Energy regeneration and costs are going to be tinkered with, as are the traits. I mean, the one trait of “stun break when swapping legends” is stupidly broken as is, given that it also removes activation time for legend swapping and there is no cooldown on legend swapping either, meaning it’s a constantly available stun break. Internal cooldowns will be added to most of the traits, energy regeneration will be dropped across the board, and the class will become more balanced by the time the game sees release.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

This will be more useless then… along with many other similar abilities/traits that give just a short uptime.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

if you paid attention, you would see the healing skills still had and shared a CD.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

mistsim.2748

This will be more useless then… along with many other similar abilities/traits that give just a short uptime.

all stability skills and traits are being reworked…

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Change in stability is almost laughable tbh.
If they want to nerf stability, they gotta nerf all AOE CC in general, making them hit 1 target instead of 3 or 5, otherwise hammer train will be out-of-handly OP. (It is incredibly OP right now, and Anet want to make it more OP? Srsly?)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

5 Revs vs 5 Revs

That will be PvP formula for 1st month or so.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

mistsim.2748

Change in stability is almost laughable tbh.
If they want to nerf stability, they gotta nerf all AOE CC in general, making them hit 1 target instead of 3 or 5, otherwise hammer train will be out-of-handly OP. (It is incredibly OP right now, and Anet want to make it more OP? Srsly?)

how about learning to time your dodges so you don’t get clipped by the cc? gdub is the one game that truly gives you a lot of control over your character.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

Really hope this won’t nerf Guardian’s ability to support with stability, since that’s currently one of the only things they do better than Warrior.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Headshot: the stability remover! Slick Shoes OP! RIP 8 hour stab Ranger elite! RIP Mortar(lol)!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Headshot: the stability remover! Slick Shoes OP! RIP 8 hour stab Ranger elite! RIP Mortar(lol)!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

cant wait for slickshoes to take off SYG’s 10 aoe stacks in under 2 seconds

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Simon.3794

nah, because it takes time to master a class, and people are so good with other classes.
it will be out of the meta for at least a month.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I wonder if there will be a balance patch implementing the stab change soonish or if we’ll have to wait months and months for HoT.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

rev class isint that good, not sure if u guys noticed but the class had 0 mobility skills. sure its cool and stuff but if u cant escape from a fight its not that useful unless its super ttanky or has kiting abilities like an engi.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

This needs to came with a HeadShot and Slickshoes rework. Definetly.

EDIT: My comment was related to the new stability change… Why was it merged here? Mods! C’mon lol.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Simon.3794

rev class isint that good, not sure if u guys noticed but the class had 0 mobility skills. sure its cool and stuff but if u cant escape from a fight its not that useful unless its super ttanky or has kiting abilities like an engi.

sword will have similar mobility as guardian sword 2.
im sure dagger will have some sort of evade as well.

hammer is super ranged like mesmer’s gs, and mace is generally not a mobility weapon and axe did have some nice stuff.

as revenant can’t weapon swap, once chosen a melee weapon i’m sure they need some superior combat mobility in order to be any viable without having melee and range weapon at the same time.

some guy said that they will have combat mobility like target required, similar to guardian i think? (which showed in axe 4) which is slow…lol but fast in combat..but slow…lol

Revenant OP!

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

Yep, it seems like an improved necro version.

But we need to wait, there is other stuff, other weapons and other traits.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Where did you see a list of all the skills?

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Where did you see a list of all the skills?

There, super flashy skills with 0 mobility

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/627401366

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

i want to shoot random things from hammer too on war….1200 range projectile aoe kd earthshaker would be fine (I don’t like to move when i use it…i just want to stand still and hit ppl with hammer from safe distance, because you know…you may have to l2dodge if you melee too much)…you can make rifle full melee if you want…rifle sucks anyway

thank you

#balanceop

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

It’s very hard to understand complitely the profession because we miss 2 more trait lines/other weapons and legends.

In general yes, it seems revenant lacks in mobility and their sustain depends or their conditions management and direct damage mitigation through Retribution traits and heals.

But we don’t have the complete scenario.

In general it seems really interesting.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I hope a leech build is viable for Revenant. 100% projectile finished with a 50% dark field in front of you blocking stuff?!?! Yessssss. It’s fantastic.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Drop the hammer: 2 sec kd /1200 range/ 5 target/ radius 240 / CD 15
Plus the stability nerf, I can already see a train of Revenant killing everyone in WvW with Greathammer. (20+ longest range AOE kd ftw)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Those two buttons are really going to be sad against:

Stun Breakers
Condi Clears
Condi Transfers
Stability
Resistance
Dodging

Who am I kidding, it’ll probably work, then there will be thread after thread about how people don’t want to bring stunbreaks again. Or something.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

you call something OP, that is not even here, you don’t know how other class evolved. It is a bit early to talk about OP.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Aomine.5012

you call something OP, that is not even here, you don’t know how other class evolved. It is a bit early to talk about OP.

I said is OP because I saw it on the video, and I know all the current GW2 skills and how they’re used. I know a 15 CD range AOE kd is way stronger than all the current CC out there in our current game. It has cast time yes, but also it has no preparation requirement unlike warrior, and it has some of the shortest CD of CC.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

well if we got revenant who can spam condition
we need an improvement to other class who dont got an high condition clean
(mesmer, engy, thief, ranger) without trait

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Plus the stability nerf, I can already see a train of Revenant killing everyone in WvW with Greathammer. (20+ longest range AOE kd ftw)

Cast time: 1.75 seconds.

What a lot of people are missing about revenant hammer is that the attacks have long cast times (auto-attack is 1 second cast time) and are highly telegraphed. It’s like watching a slow-motion hammer guardian.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

And i quote myself

you don’t know how other class evolved. It is a bit early to talk about OP.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

if you paid attention, you would see the healing skills still had and shared a CD.

This is not what JP stated in an article previously. Each legend’s heal is on its own cooldown. Pretty awesome to have access to stab on-dodge plus 2x healz.

I think its clear Reve will be OPAF when it comes out, and need to be nerfed. With Anet’s habit of “shaving” every 6 months, we should be in for the year of the revenant.

Of course, some other specialization might be even more OP. Given the track record with thief and their inherent mechanics that can be broken, I’d put my chips there.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Cast time: 1.75 seconds.

What a lot of people are missing about revenant hammer is that the attacks have long cast times (auto-attack is 1 second cast time) and are highly telegraphed. It’s like watching a slow-motion hammer guardian.

Sure if it’s just dueling than this skill is no big deal due to how telegraphic it is.
I’m talking about WvW situation, which there’ll be 20+ consecutive hammers falling from your head CC you to death.

Guess I shouldn’t post here because you guys are all assuming it’s a PVP situation.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think given the no/low-CD nature of the skills, and the energy mechanic (which is like init), Reve will be OPAF at-release, like thief was. Some skills will have inordinately low energy requirement for their power, and will get to be used way too often.

As mentioned in other places though, its likely other specializations might be just as OP. Given the track record with thief (and the nature of its inherent mechanics, init, stealth, ports that ignore LOS, high evasion, etc.), I’d put my money there.

Edit: Look at the traits available to a revenant in just the 3 lines shown. Reves traited correctly will have MORE self-healing that current d/d eles, while being condition focused. There are clearly some already broken combinations. Just the Invocation line alone can give over 400 HP/s from minor traits alone at the adept and master tier, with more from other traits. Add to that an adept trait that gives 50 HP per condi application. Really look at how quickly condis get applied nowadays and tell me that isn’t broken by itself. Clearly there will be a balance pass, but it appears they are headed for broken atm.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Those two buttons are really going to be sad against:

Stun Breakers
Condi Clears
Condi Transfers
Stability
Resistance
Dodging

Who am I kidding, it’ll probably work, then there will be thread after thread about how people don’t want to bring stunbreaks again. Or something.

Love how you talk as if you have the things you listed always available.

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Rev so far looks like the perfect counter to condi/boon spam we´ve been asking for.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Revenant OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Another class not being affected by chill…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood