Revenant got nerfed too much

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

Its pretty obvious now that rev got overnerfed. There like 3 people on NA that can play it properly and maybe 5 on Eu. Whenever I get a rev on my team that I never seen its basically gg.

I would rather get a Bad DH/ele/scrapper/druid on my team than an Average rev, that’s how bad the class is right now especially in solo Q.

It loses most 1v1s, and loses to thief and all condi builds, and its unviable without a support class babysitting the rev. The damage shave was insane now you can basically facetank a rev and kill it overtime with passives.

The risk is too high and the reward is too low compared to most builds, I dont see the point of playing rev currently unless you are in the 1% of the players that can still be effective with it and even then it feels unrewarding cuz u could be facerolling on something else instead of try harding and focusing on your gameplay.

Revert rev nerfs, it was too much and it shows, I dont see any revs and I’m plat 2 ( at least I was before decay).

High risk no reward= revenant, yup nice balance .

in PvP

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

They just need a survivabilty bump.

Unrelenting assault is still bugged (doesnt trigger after cast sometimes).

I think the bigger issue is that certain classes have too much dmg for how survivable they are (cough war,dh)

Staff is a crappy weapon, the AA is complete kitten. Staff 2 is too slow, and undependable. Staff 4 should be instant, not cast. I agree that staff 5 dmg nerf wasnt really needed.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Staff 5 damage nerf was absolutely the right move on that skill. It was obviously meant to be a skillful CC and evade while providing some damage, but the damage was overtuned. Though part of the high damage came from OP traits.

The AA should be kitten. It’s an AA. AA’s should always be kittenty filler attacks. They cost nothing, so they should do almost nothing. The best buff Staff can get is a buff to skill 2. That skill is definitely “slow and undependable”, no doubt about it there. It costs energy and has a CD, so it should do something decent.

They shouldn’t do anymore damage nerfs to skills anymore. What should be nerfed is their ability to maintain nearly 100% crit chance, be able to spec for 560+ ferocity and still be survivable because of all their evades/blocks. That’s what made them OP. SotM still needed a nerf, but if they nerfed some damage related traits, I wouldn’t be against buffing SotM back up another 25%. So, my summary of what I think should be done:

- Buff Staff 2 to be more reliable and useful.
- Buff Staff 5 up 25%.
- Replace fury increasing GM trait with something not impacting crit chance. Perhaps increased ferocity while having fury.
- Replace trait giving 7% damage boost with fury.
- Reduce block duration slightly on Shield 5, but keep healing amount the same. This’ll reduce sustain but also make Rev faster. It’s what happened after the nerf to Shield 4 on Chronomancer. The skill reduced sustain but made the profession faster.
- Slightly nerf life leeching GM in Devastation.
- Actually make Salvation useful so maybe Revs can spec into that for some defence. Then maybe you can make real nerfs to all their evades without demolishing the profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree that they got nerfed hard. Im not saying the nerfs should be reverted but something needs to be done for their heals. Both Glint and Shiro require active events to heals. Glint needs you to be targeted which any smart enemy will stop attacking. Shiro requires you to land hits. I don’t know any other class that has those restrictions.

DH trap heal is very easy to trigger so that doesn’t count.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

DH traps are the easiest and lamest dmg mechanic in the game and need to be removed/nerfed

FTFY

Also, you can cast one of the dmging traps WHILE DODGING/kd/kb/ or stunned. Absolutely ridiculous.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

DH traps are the easiest and lamest dmg mechanic in the game and need to be removed/nerfed

FTFY

Also, you can cast one of the dmging traps WHILE DODGING/kd/kb/ or stunned. Absolutely ridiculous.

Play around with traps on thief or ranger, after that you can cry and wonder why Anet approves HOT powercreep when you see how much more dmg DH traps does compared to them.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Staff 5 damage nerf was absolutely the right move on that skill. It was obviously meant to be a skillful CC and evade while providing some damage, but the damage was overtuned. Though part of the high damage came from OP traits.

The AA should be kitten. It’s an AA. AA’s should always be kittenty filler attacks. They cost nothing, so they should do almost nothing. The best buff Staff can get is a buff to skill 2. That skill is definitely “slow and undependable”, no doubt about it there. It costs energy and has a CD, so it should do something decent.

They shouldn’t do anymore damage nerfs to skills anymore. What should be nerfed is their ability to maintain nearly 100% crit chance, be able to spec for 560+ ferocity and still be survivable because of all their evades/blocks. That’s what made them OP. SotM still needed a nerf, but if they nerfed some damage related traits, I wouldn’t be against buffing SotM back up another 25%. So, my summary of what I think should be done:

- Buff Staff 2 to be more reliable and useful.
- Buff Staff 5 up 25%.
- Replace fury increasing GM trait with something not impacting crit chance. Perhaps increased ferocity while having fury.
- Replace trait giving 7% damage boost with fury.
- Reduce block duration slightly on Shield 5, but keep healing amount the same. This’ll reduce sustain but also make Rev faster. It’s what happened after the nerf to Shield 4 on Chronomancer. The skill reduced sustain but made the profession faster.
- Slightly nerf life leeching GM in Devastation.
- Actually make Salvation useful so maybe Revs can spec into that for some defence. Then maybe you can make real nerfs to all their evades without demolishing the profession.

Yeah terrible ideas, stop nerfing even more power builds and fix the underperforming ones. “Guys there are still 5 people playing Rev, we clearly need more nerfs so just 1 or 2 are able to be competitive with it.”

Or maybe if they now actually nerfed the rest of the classes as well cough* Warrior not being touched last patch, the rest are still overtuned in comparison to current Rev.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

FTFY

DONT EDIT MY POSTS. TYVM

in PvP

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

I main’ed rev up through season 4. For season 5 I switched to Druid due to the rev nerfs. Now that I play druid, I’m happy with the rev nerfs I wouldn’t consider switching back to rev in its current state.

I haven’t lost any 1v1 fights vs power rev in season 5, or even had a standoff with one. After a bit of fighting, i’ve always sent the rev running; some get away but I attribute that more to the fact that I am bad at hunting vs Rev being good at running.

Condi rev is more of a problem for me, but people don’t seem to play them as much.

I definitely get heartburn now when I see a Rev on my team. If they are on the enemy team I often focus them first, even as a druid you can put some hurt on them. In general, though, revs of any type are pretty uncommon now.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

FTFY

Play around with traps on thief or ranger, after that you can cry and wonder why Anet approves HOT powercreep when you see how much more dmg DH traps does compared to them.

Would you also like to compare spirit weapons to gyros? Thought not.

Or compare gravity well to necro wells?

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

I agree that they got nerfed hard. Im not saying the nerfs should be reverted but something needs to be done for their heals. Both Glint and Shiro require active events to heals. Glint needs you to be targeted which any smart enemy will stop attacking. Shiro requires you to land hits. I don’t know any other class that has those restrictions.

I just want the dmg nerfs reverted

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I just want the dmg nerfs reverted

I do too, hopefully they give back a good chunk of the damage back on PS,but knowing anet it’s going to stay :< just like what happened with True Shot.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I just want the dmg nerfs reverted.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think the bigger issue is that certain classes have too much dmg for how survivable they are (cough war,dh)

This is absolutely a large problem with balance right now. Builds with lots of survivability should not be dealing extremely high damage.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

someone kills a few golems with revenant “ZOMG ANET PLS NERF TOO OP”

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Actually that was a warrior in the picture.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Hehehehehehe

Jokes aside, Rev is broken. Sure it’s damage has knocked it off the scene, but if not for that you’d still be facing it’s broken sustain mechanics. Fact is, if you give Rev back it’s damage, it’ll come back on the scene and kick other classes and their builds to the curb again. Again, as in, has already happened once. Suggesting we repeat the same mistakes again is just idiocy.

Rev doesn’t need a buff. It needs a redesign. Preferably not by the HoT guys who created that monster.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Hehehehehehe

Jokes aside, Rev is broken. Sure it’s damage has knocked it off the scene, but if not for that you’d still be facing it’s broken sustain mechanics. Fact is, if you give Rev back it’s damage, it’ll come back on the scene and kick other classes and their builds to the curb again. Again, as in, has already happened once. Suggesting we repeat the same mistakes again is just idiocy.

Rev doesn’t need a buff. It needs a redesign. Preferably not by the HoT guys who created that monster.

ANet doesn’t do re-designs. You should know better. The thief and especially the ranger are proof of this, whose CDI which was literally a community-based event to rework ranger consisted of ANet outright refusing to do the single-most-requested rework made in the entire game for all professions (pets) because it was “against their vision” despite being broken and mandating a redesign/rework on so many levels.

If it’s poorly-designed and not guardian it doesn’t get love, js.

While the damage nerfs were definitely needed (surge for 25k+ in WvW was super fun to be on the receiving end of /s), the profession is broken and subsequently doomed.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

in s5 i started as rev, then i switched to power warrior. why playing rev when you deal more damage, have more survivability, condi cleanse and easy access to stability as warrior?

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Hehehehehehe

ANet doesn’t do re-designs. You should know better. The thief and especially the ranger are proof of this, whose CDI which was literally a community-based event to rework ranger consisted of ANet outright refusing to do the single-most-requested rework made in the entire game for all professions (pets) because it was “against their vision” despite being broken and mandating a redesign/rework on so many levels.

While the damage nerfs were definitely needed (surge for 25k+ in WvW was super fun to be on the receiving end of /s), the profession is broken and subsequently doomed.

Speaking of CDI, why did ANet stop doing those? The newest post in there is over 2 years old. I do wish some classes were redesigned however.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Actually I’m seeing hammer revs in t3 gold now. Laying it down in team fights and suddenly youre down.

in PvP

DeceiverX.8361

Hehehehehehe

Speaking of CDI, why did ANet stop doing those? The newest post in there is over 2 years old. I do wish some classes were redesigned however.

Because they’re incapable of deciphering good ideas from bad ones to begin with, frankly, and anything involving a rework is clearly not on their absolutely enormous tables they have.

in PvP

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

I believe the guy who was behind those, Chris Whiteside, is no longer in Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Rev’s the only class in HoT that’s been fun for me to play due to the highly active/reactive gameplay. But yeah, let’s push passives more and replace him with the passive king (Warrior) for this season. I’m so glad this game’s forcing people to reroll with every patch, keeps the meta fresh right?

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Rev’s the only class in HoT that’s been fun for me to play due to the highly active/reactive gameplay. But yeah, let’s push passives more and replace him with the passive king (Warrior) for this season. I’m so glad this game’s forcing people to reroll with every patch, keeps the meta fresh right?

Yup, couldn’t have said it better. kittening gross how braindead Zerks and DHs are and I used to main all the Heavy armor classes along with Necro, Revenant was by far the most active/complex one with great reward for that. It’s kittening sad.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Not going to cry for a class that was op for over a year and can still be useful.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Yup, couldn’t have said it better. kittening gross how braindead Zerks and DHs are and I used to main all the Heavy armor classes along with Necro, Revenant was by far the most active/complex one with great reward for that. It’s kittening sad.

This is funny and will get funnier the moment someone posts that gif of the two rev’s spamming through the exact same skill rotation at eachother and never landing a single hit.

Rev complex, rofl, what a joke.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

U can be happy for now but its only a matter of time till your class becomes worthless aswell. It just takes enough QQ

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

How does every thread slowly but surely transition into DH trap-hating threads. Seriously.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

U can be happy for now but its only a matter of time till your class becomes worthless aswell. It just takes enough QQ

The entirety of GW2 has had to endure an OP Rev for four seasons. As for class nerf fear mongering, my main is mes which was mostly rubbish per-HoT, and outside of the one condi-chrono meta build, mostly rubbish post HoT. I also play warrior which was trash for three seasons, only had a condi berserker build in the 4th, and is only being able to stretch it’s legs a bit now in the 5th thanks to, drum roll please, the fixing of rev. You can kitten all over these classes and the rest for all I care, it won’t matter to me. What’s important is the desolation of OP HoT features. Rev being prime amongst them.

All this said, had a staff rev on my team last night. Did an amazing job, and his team support really boosted the team potential. It was death and destruction for the enemy in the team fights. Good revs are still good I suppose.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

All this said, had a staff rev on my team last night. Did an amazing job, and his team support really boosted the team potential. It was death and destruction for the enemy in the team fights. Good revs are still good I suppose.

I don’t think that Rev is viable outside ultra god tier players; easiest class to kill at the moment. I would like to se the Pro League soon again to prove my point due my bet is that is out of the meta (maybe could work in a couple of teams or so, but anything from perfect play + team support and Rev falls apart like a house of cards).

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I don’t think that Rev is viable outside ultra god tier players; easiest class to kill at the moment. I would like to se the Pro League soon again to prove my point due my bet is that is out of the meta (maybe could work in a couple of teams or so, but anything from perfect play + team support and Rev falls apart like a house of cards).

Good thing 99.9% of players aren’t playing in the pro league then!

And since when does a player need to be “ultra god tier” when facing your day to day pvp player? Never, and people say I’m dramatic. I’ll grant you one thing, that Rev isnt meta right now. Not in the god tiers of pro league, nor the day to day gauntlet of ranked conquest. However, in day to day ranked conquest, rev can contribute from what I’ve witnessed. FYI, Rifle warrior is not meta in ranked conquest, never has, but I’ve always succeeded with it regardless. Hmmm.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Whatever happens in Pro League is not really relevant, not because of the tiny population it involves but cause it’s almost a different game mode.

Rev is not necessarily out of Pro League meta. It’s defintely weaker than before and could lose its spot, probably to a thief, but it’s still a strong pick for the role it excels at: offensive +1er and teamfighter, aided by team support.
If a pro league team includes a rev, it will also almost surely include an elementalist, not include a thief (as they somewhat overlap roles) and try to maximize revenant strengths and minimize its weaknesses through rotations.

SoloQ/DuoQ is a completely different story.
Nothing ensures you’ll get a teamfight support spec unless you duoQ with that player, and even with that, it means another niche role which can only be as effective as the rotations of the rest of the team are and which might be forced to reroll because of class stacking.
On the other side of the picture we’ve the warrior. It could not be pro league material either, but it’s such a good allrounder that things like team compositions and misrotations matter a lot less, and thus, it becomes an insanely strong pick for this season, specially if soloQing.

Balancing around either soloQ/duoQ or organzied 5 on5, that’s IMHO the biggest balance issue we have right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

How many times have you seriously seen ANet straight up revert their decisions? I can’t think of any. Asking for such is pointless.

What other ways can you see ANet improve revenants playstyle?

What I would want to see is them removing the rooting effect from shield 5, as well as the trait since it sometimes actively works against you.
I would like to see UA proc confusion on activation, not on hit.
I would like staff 4 to be instantly cast and staff 2 made into single skill.
The activation time on Chaotic Release should be lowered, since it has the biggest tell in the game. Quite literally.
I would like Ferocious Strikes and Vicious Lacerations to be merged. Fill the new spot with something that promotes using Assassin Stance skills/one of the skills. Stability comes to mind since revs only stability access is currently in Retribution.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Buran.3796

Whatever happens in Pro League is not really relevant, not because of the tiny population it involves but cause it’s almost a different game mode.

Man, 95% of the PvP population and 60%+ at least of the WvW roaming population runs what the Pro League runs, because they use builds that works. No matter of dicussion about that.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Cant call a Hot spec/proffesion overnerfed, what anyone in search for good pvp should said its:

Good work on rev, now lets put the rest of meta builds on its level.

Hot need to be nerfed not the contrary, that includes nerfing revenant more, because its not on the same level as a core build.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Man, 95% of the PvP population and 60%+ at least of the WvW roaming population runs what the Pro League runs, because they use builds that works. No matter of dicussion about that.

Pro league teams can also count on support and teammates doing what they are supposed to be doing, something you cannot count on in solo queue. So very few parallels can actually be drawn, regardless of whether the same builds are being run or not

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Pro league teams can also count on support and teammates doing what they are supposed to be doing, something you cannot count on in solo queue. So very few parallels can actually be drawn, regardless of whether the same builds are being run or not

That’s it. It’s not about the builds, which will still be mostly the same at high tiers, but about the comps and rotations you can’t control.
When you can decide your whole comp and easily communicate with your whole team, niche roles might have their place and allrounders become far less interesting.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

The above 2 posts nailed it. In a premade you can run all kinds of specs because you can compensate for a builds weakness with other classes. Rev weakness to condi was mitigated by an ele. Necro was protected by an Engi as rez bot.

In solo q you have to use an all rounder type of build because except for your duo partner (if you duo) you cannot depend on being lucky with the MM.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

How many times have you seriously seen ANet straight up revert their decisions? I can’t think of any. Asking for such is pointless.

After the first year of the game, they put a FIVE s Cooldown on ele’s cleansing water (making it basically useless, and leaving ele with no real defense against condi spam, at a time they introduced dhuumfire necro). They let ele be complete garbage tier for about 1.5 years before eventually reverting the nerf and giving the OP celestial amulet that created the cele ele meta.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

DeceiverX.8361

Cant call a Hot spec/proffesion overnerfed, what anyone in search for good pvp should said its:

Hot need to be nerfed not the contrary, that includes nerfing revenant more, because its not on the same level as a core build.

Take my +1, sir.

in PvP

Buran.3796

Take my +1, sir.

Herald is bad, non-Glint Revenant doesn’t ever exist. You want every HoT specialization nerfed to the point that you wouldn’t play them? I’m fine with the class unable to compete in PvP, I main Guard and was useless most of 2015. But I’m not fine with a class being useless in every department in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Take my +1, sir.

Herald is bad, non-Glint Revenant doesn’t ever exist. You want every HoT specialization nerfed to the point that you wouldn’t play them? I’m fine with the class unable to compete in PvP, I main Guard and was useless most of 2015. But I’m not fine with a class being useless in every department in the game.

What many people want is for the elite specs to be reduced down to “just another trait line” where it becomes the defacto choice for a given play style.

So for example say you wanted to play a support ranger you would pick druid and its ability to heal allies, cleanse them and add some sprinkles from the core lines to protect them from damage or control opponent’s.

That is not what we have now is it? Druid is the defacto choice for any build you play whether it be power burst, bunker, support even most condi builds use it. This comes down to the way it offers so much for you to use.

in PvP

DeceiverX.8361

Take my +1, sir.

What many people want is for the elite specs to be reduced down to “just another trait line” where it becomes the defacto choice for a given play style.

So for example say you wanted to play a support ranger you would pick druid and its ability to heal allies, cleanse them and add some sprinkles from the core lines to protect them from damage or control opponent’s.

That is not what we have now is it? Druid is the defacto choice for any build you play whether it be power burst, bunker, support even most condi builds use it. This comes down to the way it offers so much for you to use.

And it’s that way for pretty much all elites because all elites provide very strong bonuses to either the core’s innate weaknesses all in one trait line, or buff something into insanity that just makes the “core” option strictly more useful/better than it was before. The lone exceptions are pretty much PvP burn guard since it just does so much damage, and warrior because the Defense line carries the class (and as such is probably the best trait line in the game).

Elites were intended to provide playstyle changes and new synergies, not improvements. Claiming otherwise is factually incorrect as ANet said repeatedly before HoT that the elites were designed not to provide more power, despite the name.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Elites were intended to provide playstyle changes and new synergies, not improvements. Claiming otherwise is factually incorrect as ANet said repeatedly before HoT that the elites were designed not to provide more power, despite the name.

An elite spec with two core specs is always going to be better than three core specs if for no other reason than the inherent mechanical benefits (changed mechanics, new skills, a new weapon), nothing short of actively hamstringing them will change that. Anet doubtlessly realized that almost immediately.

Since elites are clearly made to be balanced against each other (which is why you can only have one, and the weapon/skills are tied to the trait line), this will probably improve when there’s more than one option available.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

An elite spec with two core specs is always going to be better than three core specs if for no other reason than the inherent mechanical benefits (changed mechanics, new skills, a new weapon), nothing short of actively hamstringing them will change that. Anet doubtlessly realized that almost immediately.

Since elites are clearly made to be balanced against each other (which is why you can only have one, and the weapon/skills are tied to the trait line), this will probably improve when there’s more than one option available.

In theory.

Then we look at Chrono as an example. The line proves +25% move speed, incredible clone generation, alacrity for universal cd reductions, the sustain and cc power of shield, the potency of CS in its various forms, and it leaves you to wonder: Are they going copy over these important features into the elite lines?

If not mesmer will be left wanting, and holding dearly to Chrono.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Revs needed nerfs badly, they are roamers after all and roamers are not supposed to be so stupidly strong (Anet logic, not mine). Not to mention until all HoT specs (rev including) get nerfed, there should be no buffs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Burn.5401

Revs needed nerfs badly, they are roamers after all and roamers are not supposed to be so stupidly strong (Anet logic, not mine). Not to mention until all HoT specs (rev including) get nerfed, there should be no buffs.

thief main

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

thief main

So? Why should Anet treat revs differently than thieves? Welcome to the club.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Burn.5401

thief main

So? Why should Anet treat revs differently than thieves? Welcome to the club.

Dunno, your post is ironic since thieves atm are the ones that are stupidly strong.