Revenge of Capricorn Map Mechanic

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

So in a ranked match I was just in it was a pretty close score. We were losing at the start but were making a comeback. A large fight ensued over the canon mechanic. Our entire team and entire enemy team were fought for the cap, which went on for quite some time, with some mesmer/ranger rotations on both teams trying to decap/cap during the big brawl at the canon.

Enemy team eventually won the fight, and our whole team got wiped on the point. But since the fight when so long, and SECOND canon buff was loaded up in the background. Is there not some kind of internal cooldown on this mechanic or something?

So what happened was, they got the first bell. Then immediately got a 2nd bell, as most the team were on respawn cooldown across the map. It pretty much ended any chance for our team to make a comeback. The score ended up something like 500 – 440. So, a balanced matchup besides this mechanic which gave one team too much advantage from winning that one fight. At least with tranq, beasts, and such you can make a comeback.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

hmmm….
Reminds me last night.
Was the same exact fight.
And yes, cause of the long fight on bell point, a second bell rang.

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, sometimes losing a long fight like that can result in being doubly punished.

On the other hand, a long fight like that means a long period where neither side is getting the bell and there are at least some players on both sides that are not being contested. I’ve seen some teams which try to put a couple of tanky players to contest the bell against superior numbers while capping the rest of the map – therefore, if it’s a long fight for the bell, they win through cap points.

The bell is an interesting mechanic, but you’re generally not actually supposed to drop everything to 5v5 at the bell unless the bell would put one team over 500 (and sometimes not even then).

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I don’t see anything wrong with this. The more resources you dedicate to getting an advantage, the higher the risk if it doesn’t pay off. It seems fair because you could get the same advantage.

Now what isn’t fair are the coliseum buff locations