Revert quickness and slow change please

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Why would quickness and slow not affect how fast a movement animation went? This change hurt warriors so hard, and was very unnecessary

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Why would quickness and slow not affect how fast a movement animation went? This change hurt warriors so hard, and was very unnecessary

Do you mean quickness and chilled?

I thought slow affected anims.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

incisorr.9502

PLs dont, in fact it was hurting the warrior more then it did good..
Quickness makes your leaps faster (resulting in a much SHORTER leaps…)

Now this may not be bad for Evi, but it was really hurting Earthshaker and rush/bulls, and in small way shield bash.

You have no idea how many rush and bulls but most of all earthshaker missed because it didnt reached what it should be. it was really hurting it more

you’re dum as kitten

quickness makes your leaps faster and thats bad how exactly? LOL. I’ll trade shorter distance for faster animation/effect/dmg any day. When you cast whirlwind/earthquake/rush without quickness every kittened kid will just dodge it np and in WW’s case you wont even hit all your hits and you’ll do super kittenty damage.

If quickness doesn’t work for warrior then basically

GS 3,5
axe f1
sword 2
hammer f1
shield 4
bull’s rush
rampage’s 2,3,5
and whatever else im forgetting are kittening kitten and slow as hell and useless and nerfed as kitten wtf

imagine u play kittening gs/axe + shield warrior with rampage and you use frenzy and proc heightened focus 10 seconds of quickness then you do gs 3,5, swap to axe do 4 f1 and go rampage and do all ur kitten and if this was last patch you’d have dropped 10 kittens but if this is this patch your quickness will end by the time you do gs 3 because thats how kittening slow it is

if u think shorter dash distances made warrior worse then ur just a scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Wasn’t that changed because cripple/chill no longer affect movement abilities?

If so then sure, if they revert that change then they need to revert the change on cripple/chill on movement abilities as well.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They changed it because it had inverse effects on distance. Slow made you go further and quickness shortened your distance. (Which actually hurt eviscerate quite a bit, btw.) of they were to change anything back it would be swiftness/chill/snare affecting speed, and thus, distance because at least that made sense.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

PLs dont, in fact it was hurting the warrior more then it did good..
Quickness makes your leaps faster (resulting in a much SHORTER leaps…)

Now this may not be bad for Evi, but it was really hurting Earthshaker and rush/bulls, and in small way shield bash.

You have no idea how many rush and bulls but most of all earthshaker missed because it didnt reached what it should be. it was really hurting it more

you’re dum as kitten

quickness makes your leaps faster and thats bad how exactly?

Take Rush, for example. Normally a 1200 range dash. Quickness made it execute in 2/3 the time, but this did not increase the traveled speed. When you had Quickness, Rush got dropped to an 800 range dash. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Slow made it go 2400 distance instead.

This is why they got changed.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Mooncow.6847

if you think quickness affecting movement speed did anything but help warrior you are very wrong. just because you’re bad and push rush to run away and you don’t realize you have quickness and wait till it’s gone to use it doesn’t mean everyone everywhere should be punished for it. Whirlwind attack got a HUGE nerf because of this

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

if you think quickness affecting movement speed did anything but help warrior you are very wrong. just because you’re bad and push rush to run away and you don’t realize you have quickness and wait till it’s gone to use it doesn’t mean everyone everywhere should be punished for it. Whirlwind attack got a HUGE nerf because of this

Situation: You are trying to land Earthshaker on someone at max range. However, when you use Earthshaker, a friendly Chronomancer gives you Quickness.

You fail to land your blow due to an ally buffing you.

Situation: you are trying to gapclose with any given movement skill and you get Slowed. You now overshoot your planned destination by travelling double the distance, possibly forcing you off point from your own skill.

This change needed to happen a looooong time ago. Boons should never be negative to have on you and conditions likewise (things like corruptions and transfers notwithstanding).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I wouldn’t mind if they just removed quickness and slow from the game. Did we really need more boons and conditions?

in PvP

incisorr.9502

what kind of idiot is trying to land max range earthshaker and what kind of idiot gets hit by that? low elo pls

your animation is so kittening slow even a dead monkey will dodge your "max range earthshaker "without quickness, ROFL.

Your point about rush being 800 range instead 1200, thats whats good about it , 800 range is plenty (just like eviscerate/shieldbash/earthshaker are) when you’re ‘fighting to hit a guy, you have to be close anyway. The only problem with quickness is when ur trying to run away but you can easily just wait it out and time your skills in such way that you don’t use them with quickness

im not sure in what world having more options is worse than having less options
quickness before = more options
quickness now = kittening doesn’t work for half of your kittening skills and whirlwind is kittening useless when it was ur main burst damage for kittening years for zerker warrior builds

im only talking about efficiency right now, quickness warrior was one of the main things why it was good on previous patch

if i start talking about the fun-factor and motivation to play warrior? it went down the drainpipe with this kittenty patch, im playing my elementalist because i cant stand how kitten and boring warriors currently are in comparison to how they were before

how about they kittening add an option in game options how quickness works for you so scrubs can use their kitten quickness and i can oneshot their kitten with whirlwind insta wep swap after 4th hit and stun plus f1 with my proper quickness that has worked like this since game release

these type of changes just show how little arena net devs know about their kittening game cuz they listen to bunch of casual low mmr people who think having 30% less dashes is worse than casting skills AND animations 50% faster

I wouldn’t mind if they just removed quickness and slow from the game. Did we really need more boons and conditions?

quickness is in the game since release, the stupid slow isn’t

(edited by incisorr.9502)

in PvP

incisorr.9502

well boo kittening hoo you kitten

I may prefer for my 5 dollars to be worth 500 dollars but they aren’t cause thats not how the real world works, do you see me crying about it in a forum until the arena net of real life changes it to suit my kittening autistic needs?

fact is that right now warriors are utter kitten because of the quickness change

another fact is that your kittening rush is 1200 range if you don’t use quickness even pre-patch so if you want your kittening rush to be 1200 range (Which is utterly kittening pointless) then you can kittening drop quickness and get something else + burst mastery (Which is kittening awesome for the record) and IT WILL BE THE ABSOkittenINGLUTELY THE SAME AS IT IS NOW. BECAUSE QUICKNESS CURRENTLY DOESN’T WORK FOR MOVEMENT SKILLS SUCH AS RUSH. SO IF WE WERE TO REVERT TO LAST PATCH AND YOU WERE TO NOT SPEC QUICKNESS IT WOULD BE THE SAME AS IT IS NOW kittening brainless low rated autistic kid

more options is always better, before = 2 options
now = everyone is forced to play without kittening quickness that doesnt work

in PvP

Mooncow.6847

That’s your opinion cause you’re a stupid kitten warrior

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

-snip-

I like kittens, but clearly not as much as you.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

I’ll trade shorter distance for faster animation/effect/dmg any day. When you cast whirlwind/earthquake/rush without quickness every kittened kid will just dodge it np and in WW’s case you wont even hit all your hits and you’ll do super kittenty damage.

If quickness doesn’t work for warrior then basically

GS 3,5
axe f1
sword 2
hammer f1
shield 4
bull’s rush
rampage’s 2,3,5
and whatever else im forgetting are kittening kitten and slow as hell and useless and nerfed as kitten wtf

imagine u play kittening gs/axe + shield warrior with rampage and you use frenzy and proc heightened focus 10 seconds of quickness then you do gs 3,5, swap to axe do 4 f1 and go rampage and do all ur kitten and if this was last patch you’d have dropped 10 kittens but if this is this patch your quickness will end by the time you do gs 3 because thats how kittening slow it is

if u think shorter dash distances made warrior worse then ur just a scrub

If anet ever wants to see warriors again they need to revert this asap.

in PvP

HEDRO.2345

bump for visibility

in PvP

HEDRO.2345

hai. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

also…since it is possible for single skills to interaction with slow/q to be altered..
Heartseeker: This skill is now able to be affected by quickness and slow.
Weakening Charge: This skill is now able to be affected by quickness and slow.

Power Warrior DESPERATELY NEEDS this on at least Whirlwind attack, Shield Bash, Earthshaker and Evis. Physical skills too.

However, IF there is any way to just change all movement skills to be affected by quickness if you take heightened focus. That could be a good balance for people that were annoyed by quickness reducing length of movement skills?

in PvP

HEDRO.2345

Any chance of a real discussion about reverting or singling out skills to alter?

I still cant understand how… warriors can just stand by and not be more vocal about this GAME BREAKING TERRIBLE change for power warriors. I am not even close to a warrior main…. but this NEEDS to be discussed more.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Look, we have warrior that rerolled to necromancer here.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

HEDRO.2345

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…………………………………

hallo warrior that rerolled to necromancer¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿?

(edited by HEDRO.2345)

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The main reason I can think of why quickness affecting movement skills helped warrior was whirlwind attack. With quickness it would cover a very short distance there by making all the hits connect against its target for massive damage just like what happens when it is used against a target that is next to a wall. It was a lot like the old fiery rush/lightning flash combo, the difference being much less damage overall but nearly instant in execution.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

HEDRO.2345

hai. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

since it is possible for single skills to interaction with slow/q to be altered..
Heartseeker: This skill is now able to be affected by quickness and slow.
Weakening Charge: This skill is now able to be affected by quickness and slow.

Power Warrior DESPERATELY NEEDS this on at least Whirlwind attack, Shield Bash, Earthshaker and Evis. Physical skills too.

Anyone else care to voice whether warriors need specific skills altered to work with quickness again?
Last call…. Any warriors actually care about greatswords viability in pvp…..¿
or are we forced to shelf power warriors for rev?