Runes/Sigils and PvP

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

I know many posts have been made about this in the past, but I think it’s a bigger issue than people realize.

Runes/Sigils allow for build diversity the very thing that ANET is trying to accomplish.

If it wasn’t for shout runes the bunker guardian wouldn’t be able to thrive like it does.
(There are more examples like this but to keep it short I’m just giving the one example.)

If we had more rune/sigil diversity (with correct tool tips ofc) we would be able to change the meta and allow for more build diversity.

Bam Bam

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Just bring Perplexity to Pvp, and instantly, almost every class has a new viable build!

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Well, this seems like a great place to ask!

• What runes/sigils would you like to see added to PvP?
  • And for any adventurous readers, what different stat combinations on amulets?

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Add Runes of the Traveler please!

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

What you introduce stat wise in pve, I think it only fair to also add to pvp.
For example you add dire to pve/wvw you add it to pvp, I don’t see why you shouldn’t.
Same goes for runes and sigils to, giving it to pve/wvw and not to pvp seems biased to me.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I think 2 stat combos on amulets that would help build diversity in PvP would be:
Magi: Healing Power Main – Precision minor – Vitality minor
Knight: Precision Main – Power minor – Toughness minor

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

The more the best !!! If we can just make lots of status combinations, many new builds would come…

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I’ve been lurking a lot, since my computer has been dead for the past few months, but this was important enough I guess to actually log in on my tablet.

Basically, everything. If it exists in pve, make it available in PvP, and if it’s in PvP, make it available for pve. Magi, barbarian, knights, traveler, etc. Such things as runes, sigils, and stat arrays should be homogenous between the 3 game"worlds".

One question though, is where would you stop? Would you add food and nourishment to pvp since you can use it in pve/wvw? That’s another discussion, but for me, the runes, sigils, and stat arrays should be equal availability.

I remember stating a while ago that I could make some interesting builds if only I had “PvP shaman” gear. Within a few updates, we had settlers gear. It’s almost like destiny.

Fishsticks

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I’ve been lurking a lot, since my computer has been dead for the past few months, but this was important enough I guess to actually log in on my tablet.

Basically, everything. If it exists in pve, make it available in PvP, and if it’s in PvP, make it available for pve. Magi, barbarian, knights, traveler, etc. Such things as runes, sigils, and stat arrays should be homogenous between the 3 game"worlds".

One question though, is where would you stop? Would you add food and nourishment to pvp since you can use it in pve/wvw? That’s another discussion, but for me, the runes, sigils, and stat arrays should be equal availability.

I remember stating a while ago that I could make some interesting builds if only I had “PvP shaman” gear. Within a few updates, we had settlers gear. It’s almost like destiny.

Agreed, all stat combo’s should be available in all game modes (pvp, wvw, pve). This would increase build diversity and overall would make for a much better pvp experience.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I think the best middle ground stat combination a class could possibly get right now is Knight’s (Toughness/Power/Precision).

It might give certain classes power builds the sustain they needed to be viable all along (maybe instead of buffing Healing Signet, for instance).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TheUnhallowed.7289

TheUnhallowed.7289

I would really like to see a Healing/Precision/X amulet for sPvP. Iv’e already got in mind lot of builds that are less prevalent that could benefit from an amulet with these stat combinations.

Glôrie
Anvil Rock

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: spiesswart.7680

spiesswart.7680

i’d like to see more runes like Rune of the Lyssa with a nice and very strong active; almost everyone uses lyssa runes because there is almost no alternative which is as strong, so i’d love more active effects and more diversity in runes

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

please create a new rune combination that reduces the cooldown for elementalists’ attunement by 1 second!

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

• Runes of the traveler
  • Runes of perplexity
  • knight’s amulet (power precision toughness)

I may be asking for alot here… But I’d like it if the stats from an amulet were spread out over 3 items. An amulet, trinket, and ring.

Currently the amulet gives 1000 or so stats, so just give each item 333 total (numbers arent accurate, but you get the idea).

It gives the kind of build diversity we have in WvW, customizing our stats etc.

Maybe it’d be nice if it was glory unlockable too :o.

1. you start with 1 amulet, 100% stats
  2. at X glory (lets say enough to reach rank 2), you can buy the abilty to use an amulet and trinket, both with 50% stats
  3. then at rank 4 glory, you can buy a ring aswell, so you can wear 3 with 33% stats.
  4. at any point you can just switch to low rank items, so you get a single amet with 10"%, or 2 with 50% etc.

Also give each item an insertable upgrade like the amulet jewel, and we get alot of customisation C:

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

I honestly think the stat combos we have now are fine . But I do have one suggestion, making Jewels more useful.

Now I don’t mean buffing jewel stats and stacking it on your amulet, but maybe you can reduce the amount of stats the amulet gives by 40%, and buff the jewel’s stats by the amount taken from the amulet.

~Today’s Zerker Amulet/Jewel~
Amulet: 798 POW, 569 PREC, 284 VIT, 15% CDMG
Jewel: 125 POW, 75 PREC, 45 VIT, 5% CDMG
Total: 923 POW, 644 PREC, 329 VIT, 20% CDMG

~Proposed Change~
Amulet: 554 POW, 386 PREC, 197 VIT, 12% CDMG
Jewel: 369 POW, 258 PREC, 132 VIT, 8% CDMG
Total: 923 POW, 644 PREC, 329 VIT, 20% CDMG

I feel like if the PVP jewels were a bit more beefier people can experiment more on what stats they want to play with in their build, and maybe add some more viable builds into the mix (although I cant see this working with celestial).

(edited by Oraith.1732)

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

rune of Antitoxin, rune of pirate, rune of mad king, rune of perplexity into spvp/tpvp

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Please add Magic Find runes to PvP.

We could use any extra rewards we get the chance to.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

I’ve always wondered why you guys never added the real Knight’s stat combo (Toughness, Power, Precision) in spvp and instead added a completely different combo with the same name (Vitality, Power, Precision).

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’d like to ask a question;

What if the way runes functioned was changed?
What if they worked like this;

Rune of Awesome;
Head: +28 Condition Damage
Shoulders: 15% increase in awesome duration
Chest: +55 Condition damage
Hands: 50% Chance to summon an Arenanet dev to fight by your side
Legs: +100 Condition damage
Boots: Gain Stealth as a F5 ability.

What I mean by the above is, I can take “Boots:Gain stealth as a F5 ability” and put it in combination with any rune set but I have to put it on the boots in order for it to give me that benefit and I can do the same thing for the rest of the runes so (now using real runes) we could have something like;

Head: +28 Condition damage (Rune of the Afflicted)
Shoulders: +15% Burning duration (Rune of Balth)
Chest: +55 Condition damage (Rune of the Afflicted)
Hands: 50% chance to summon an Arenanet dev to fight by your side (Rune of Awesome)
Legs: +100 condition damage (Rune of the Afflicted)
Boots: Gain Stealth as an F5 ability (Rune of Awesome)

Swapping the layout around would see the benefits be completely different.

Build diversity increased by 100%. Balance changes to be made probably increased by 50%…

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

only problem now i see is some classes/builds have to use special runes and there is no way they can use any others – this is something what you guyz should adress before add new ones

guardian HAVE to use Soldier runes – so give a guardian trait the soldier #6bonus and nerf/change soldier runes

Thief HAVE to use Lyssa (lyssa is op^^) – so give them somehow the #6 bonus (not all the buffs but aqtleast stability for 5 sec + some condiremove) and nerf lyssa

……

and other runes

dont just add new runes cause my guardian will never can use it before you change soldiers^^

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I would like to see power + precision + toughness and power + precision + healing amulets for dps builds that want to rely on healing as the main form of defense. Elementalists come to mind. Valkyrie is similar enough, sure, but that one is a bit more bursty, and for the stats I’m suggesting, they could always have toughness/ healing as their main stat, as I’m specifically talking about more balanced healing builds with sustained dps.

I’d like to see all recently added runes and sigils in pve to exist in pvp as well. With some balancing changes, of course.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Just bring Perplexity to Pvp, and instantly, almost every class has a new viable build!

… no

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Irvine.3487

Irvine.3487

Add foods also. More diversity!

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

You should first promote build diversity by fixing OP builds, fixing the condi/spam/bunker/immob meta, fixing useless traits & traitlines, fixing broken weaponsets, adressing balance, …

If you have done that succesfully you COULD MAYBE CONSIDER changing something about/introducing new runes, sigils or amulets.

Please don’t try to adress build diversity with this… Build diversity should be based on everything i posted above and runes, sigils and amulets are the “extra’s” to builds. They are NOT the core.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I still do not understand why we have amulets limiting options instead of regular gear to mix n match like in pve but w/e

But to give my 2 cents;

Amulets;

-knight amulet (tough, power, prec)
-assassin (prec, crit dmg, power)

Sigils;

-Generosity

Runes;

-Traveler
-Mad king
-Antitoxin
-Exuburance

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Definitely Runes of Traveller to increase amount of roaming builds(yes it’s kitten annoying being a roamer in your game considering that so few classes have access to perma swiftness/25% ms so you walk around like a snail around the map.

Next would be nerfed Runes of Perplexity again to increase build diversity, a build solely based on interrupts is kitten fun and challenging to play, requires precise timing and game understanding. But yeah, those runes need reduced amount of stacks on interrupt+fixed 30% duration of confusion too btw.

More importantly i want you to fix all those bugs with Add lifesteal proc on heal runes(only Vampirism available in spvp atm but there are others i forgot the name of*) If you take only 4 of those, it’s already a kitten good boost to surviviability of any build that wants to be somewhat tankier and still be a damage dealing build(jack of all trades builds will benefit from this greatly)

And kitten … add more runes with Movement Speed as a bonus please! Roaming is the hardest thing to do in your game atm considering that so few classes can get an easy movespeed boost. Really it would still be a meaningful choice between permaswiftness from traits and 25% from runes, just add more of those types please.

Oh and definitely we need all stat combinations available in PVE for amulets (that means Celestial amulet should be buffed to PVE stats too, cos now there’s absolutely no reason to pick it up in sPvP form)

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Bring Dire amulet and perplexity runes to spvp .I dare you ANET

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Adding more 4-stats type Amulets.

798 POW, 569 PREC, 284 VIT, 284 Toug
798 POW, 569 Toug, 284 VIT, 284 PREC

These 2 Amulet will allow more balanced to be used/created.

All is vain.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Yup! Bring Perpexity Runes and destroy the slightest bit of balance you already have.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Yup! Bring Perpexity Runes and destroy the slightest bit of balance you already have.

Only with perplexity will trully be balance :P .Think about it

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

runes of perplexity? oh yeah! make stun warrior more OP! and thiefes with double pistol too! That´s a great idea

here some notes from wiki:
(4) Applies 3 stacks of confusion with a 5 second duration
(6) Applies 5 stacks of confusion with a 10 second duration
Rune is added with Queen’s Jubilee release
Rune is not available in sPvP

the last Point should stand there forever
the actual rune is too OP to let it be avaible in PvP
in few seconds a foe have over 10 stacks confusion? anet pls do not add this, only when this rune gets a hard nerf

the sigils of malice and bursting could be too strong by the actual condition meta, so a no to this two

rune of tormenting could be okay but in one rune +45% Duration is too high

rune of the noble would be cool too see now in pvp since the mf Change

and, thats only a personal opinion, no runes which add a pet by your site like the ogre rune (annoying dog!)

the new rune with aegis on signet yes, but maybe without heal skill Signets
the new toughness sigil yes too

oh and yeah the rune of awesome ftw +1

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: xoom.4918

xoom.4918

Rather than add more runes/sigils, fix the existing ones first.

Also, if Runes of Perplexity were introduced to the game, this game would get even more ragers and even more people leaving the game. A lot of people are losing faith in the balance team and Anet in general.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Turra.4529

Turra.4529

I think 2 stat combos on amulets that would help build diversity in PvP would be:

+1

Boris Yeltsin
Desolation

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

• Any ones that are incomparable with existing ones, so they are never a clear upgrade. For example, Sigil of Generosity should not be added, because it’s a clear upgrade over Sigil of Purity making it pointless, unless Generosity gets balanced in effectiveness, like being downgraded to 30% chance or getting a 20 second recharge instead 10.
  • As for stats combinations, I would add at least all that can be found in ascended amulets.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

plz bring never perplexity runes in spvp

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Nerf perplexity’s base duration and add an ICD, then add them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Antitoxin, Traveler

Knights, Magi, zerker w/o vit.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Necro main and Im fully against perplexity runes, as well as the dire set. Maybe a actualy balanced perplexity but dire, just no

What I would like to see:

-Celestial / All-stat to give more stats like in PvE
-a “Power-Precision-Toughness-Anything” combo , with toughness being a minor. This is a MUST to keep zerker viable
-Bigger custumization with jewels

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

Sentinel stats please o.o

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think is useless to add new runes/sigil if the alternatives are not at the same level and people continue to use always the same combinations.

Now we have (Speaking about soloqueue/team queue)

Dps: berserk
Pure bunker: cleric
Condi bunker: Settler
pure conditioner: Rabid

These amulets cover 90-95% of every builds, after that we have some Carrion on ranger spirit , valkyrie on Ele and some soldier on war/guardian.

For runes we have:

For every class that has an elite with CD 90s or less: lyssa (op on warrior/thief)
Dps runes: scholar or divinity
Condition runes: undead/nightmare
Shout bunker: Soldier
Condi bunker: Forge (or condition runes).

For sigils, we have more combinations but Sigil of energy/accuracy/force/battle cover 90-95% of dps/bunker build and other 2/3 sigils for condi builds.

Or Anet nerf what we have now or they need to add more power alternatives. Otherwise no one will chose new runes/sigils/amulets.

Perplexity runes are very lame and need a nerf in WWW, Dire stats are too strong for a condi bunker, maybe knight pve stats (tough/power/prec) could be interesting but it’s a risk, like traveler runes (every dps zerk build with very good mobility).

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

add rune of resistance to spvp please – could prove to be very strong with power rangers, even more so, if they get some active condition clearing.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

is there any way we can set our own gear with 1 mainstat and 2 secondary of our choice?

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

How about all of them?

Except perplexity. Those runes are bad and whoever designed them should feel bad.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Anything involving Perplexity that isn’t a fix for the 6th rune bonus is extremely unwelcome.

I would like to see Knight’s amulet/jewel come to sPvP to allow more balanced power builds.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I would love to see PvE versions of knights (T/p/p) and Valk (P/v/crit) to open up builds. Also celestial amulet getting a slight buff.

In terms of variety, making the amulet have less stats the jewel have more may help – such as a 2/3 to 1/3 distribution. This may allow more variety as builds could change the jewel more effectively to cover weaknesses in builds that may be not used.

Also, please add perplexity runes to PVP. As the currently are, no changes. Then the rage on these forums would be never ending and they may finally get fixed (ICD on 6th skill, make the +confusion duration actually work, thieves basi no longer triggers effect if you use it on a perplex user). The fact these have not been fixed after this many months is a really bad reflection on the balances teams apathy to any game mode outside pvp…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

What runes/sigils would you like to see added to PvP?

all of them, if not for actually using them in pvp, just for testing them since testing a runeset in pve can get quite expensive. especially when it doesnt have the effect you were looking for.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Agree. I also agree with others that Dire would be too strong on certain classes, like Necro.

I also would like to see a little bit more refinement capability on stats, only having amulet and jewel (with jewel stats being so small in comparison to amulet so as to be almost insignificant) doesn’t allow for enough build diversity. Here’s how I would like to see it done:

Current System:
Berserker Amulet: 798 Power, 589 Precision, 284 Vitality, 15% Crit Dmg
Berserker Jewel: 125 Power, 75 Precision, 45 Vitality, 5% Crit Dmg
Total: 923 Power, 664 Precision, 329 Vitality, 20% Crit Dmg

New System:
Berserker Amulet: 598 Power, 469 Precision, 212 Vitality, 10% Crit Dmg
Berserker Jewel: 175 Power, 105 Precision, 63 Vitality, 6% Crit Dmg
Berserker Ring 1: 75 Power, 45 Precision, 27 Vitality, 2% Crit Dmg
Berserker Ring 2: 75 Power, 45 Precision, 27 Vitality, 2% Crit Dmg
Total: 923 Power, 664 Precision, 329 Vitality, 20% Crit Dmg

For runes, it would be cool if all the current sets that exist in PvE land could make it to PvP in some shape or form (perplexity definitely needing to be fixed first, of course… that 6-set bonus should be more like 3 stacks of confusion for 5s on interrupt with 10s icd). I would especially love some version of Traveller, that would be great for DPS Guard.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Nerf/Buff on Amulets/Jewels is good, as a backstab thief i cant just let go of 15% crít. Dmg, so my only choice is valkyrie or zerk, but if Jewels were better i could for exemple use soldier amulet with a different build and put a zerk Jewels with 8% crít. Damage…

This was just an example…. I am sure other people feel the same… Create more competitive runes… We have lots of runes indeed but in the end that are not so many options since some runes are waaaaaaay better than others….

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

Feel free to ignore my suggestion, but realize I am not trolling when I say this:

If I had a wish for SPvP, I’d remove all amulets except for the Celestial one for 2 weeks (like an event around the Xmas holidays or something).

I know it’s unlikely and people would scream bloody murder, though.

Runes/Sigils and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

Do not introduce any more sigils/runes/amulets into the game before adressing the true issues of build variability.

I’m still reluctant to suggesting this but what you could do is, like some people have suggested, make the amulet choice more “freely”. For example an amulet, 2 rings and a jewel.

Another thing to TRY AFTER you have adressed balance(broken weapons, traits, spam/condi meta, op builds): 2-4weeks acces to celestial amulets only. Would be interesting to see how playstyle, builds and team compositions will change