S3 Division Placement effect on achievements [Merged]

in PvP

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Could we get clarification from players and Anet on how the change in division placement based on season 2 rankings affects the division crossing achievements for The Ascension back piece?

How exactly rewards, in regards to achievement credit, from previous tiers are delivered is not fully stated in the patch notes, so anecdotal evidence from players able to log on and Anet employees would be helpful.

I imagine for those casual players who have not completed their division crossing achievements, this new system would “unfairly” penalize them. Is this the case in game, and if so should Anet do anything about it?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they just kittened up the divisioon crossing achievements for casual players.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm wait. whats this

“Rewards from skipped divisions will be awarded after players play one match in the new season.”

so as a ruby player in season 2,

do i get all the golds, silvers, dyes in amber season 3 that i will skip ?

what about the one (skipped amber to emerald) division crossing achievement ?

they better not mess that one up.

$#^%$#^%@#% kittens

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Please fully read the notes:

“Rewards from skipped divisions will be awarded after players play one match in the new season.”

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

get in a game and find out, i am also curious

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’m not sure I understand how this is going to affect my progress on the division crossing achievements.

I was in Ruby last season and had planned out how far I need to get to finish the last two metas.

So…do I play one game then it skips me off to where I should start and get progress in the meta or am I screwed? I"m at work so I can’t play a game now to find out myself.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Please fully read the notes:

yeah i just saw that.

i expect the rewards for skipping amber:
- 5 gold
- silvers and dyes for all 5 tiers of amber
- league tickets
- one division crossed achievement

they kitten one up imma rage here

in PvP

Posted by: Simeonus.9237

Simeonus.9237

I’m pretty sure division crossing will be bugged :o

in PvP

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Wow… great… friend and me were planning on playing all matches together this season… now he’ll start one division higher than me… awesome \o/

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Exactly my 1st reaction… wtf. I still have to finish the back item achievement and I have to cross 4 divisions, but now I will start from sapphire… o.O /facepalm

in PvP

Posted by: Erik Waananen

Erik Waananen

Game Designer

Next

Crossing divisions as a result of the new season placement system will properly progress the division Ascension achievements in addition to automatically distributing all rewards that you would get for crossing those divisions normally. Sorry for any confusion, folks. Again, you will get proper division crossing progress on your Ascension meta achievement if you begin in either Emerald or Sapphire at the start of this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Erik Waananen

Previous

Erik Waananen

Game Designer

Next

Crossing divisions as a result of the new season placement system will properly progress the division Ascension achievements in addition to automatically distributing all rewards that you would get for crossing those divisions normally. Sorry for any confusion, folks. Again, you will get proper division crossing progress on your Ascension meta achievement if you begin in either Emerald or Sapphire at the start of this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

phew

/15characters

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Also very, very interested in this. I don’t want to have to hit Legendary just to finish my achievement, when someone else could just hit Sapphire a few times.

Really hoping the automatic adjustment counts for achievements and all the rewards.

noice

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks !

hopefully this works out well for everyone and no bugs occur.

everyone loves getting their rewards ! XD

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Not all heroes wear capes <3

noice

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Sounds great for many players as they now can progress divisions quicker in subsequent seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Holy crap people were quick to assume the worst. So glad I’m not a game developer.

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Thank you Erik! I appreciate the response and hoped that was the case. Now I can look forward to working on my metas when I get home and not bummed that I have to recalculate what I have to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Called it^^

I knew arena will do this! And this is will be much better for lower tiers:P. Good change…we only have to see how matchmaking will work.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Oh thank god, my jaw dropped when I read that because I really didn’t wanna have to cross the entire sapphire Division to get my final 1 division Chivo when Amber woulda been super fast. XD I guess I’ll just get it instantly then. =))!

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I was just about to blow a fuse if this wasn’t the case.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

The patchnotes say we will get division crossing rewards after playing one match, but what about the rewards you would get from crossing tiers within a division? Do we miss out on those?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

so what. play more.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

You get everything.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Zodryn.4216

so what. play more.

Ummm…what? Your response makes no sense. I’m happy about starting in Sapphire, I just want to know if I’m missing super easy tier rewards from lower divisions.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You get everything.

Like more tickets to buy nothing with?

in PvP

Zodryn.4216

You get everything.

Awesome, thank you very much!

in PvP

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

I need to cross divisions for the legendary wings. Does this count towards the achievement?

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

I need to cross divisions for the legendary wings. Does this count towards the achievement?

You get everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Why on earth doesn’t anyone read the god kitten notes? It says as soon as you play your first match you will get your division crossing achievements.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Zodryn.4216

Why on earth doesn’t anyone read the god kitten notes? It says as soon as you play your first match you will get your division crossing achievements.

I know, and I said that in my opening post. Tier rewards within a division (e.×. getting to T3 Amber from T2) are different than division crossing rewards (e.×. crossing from Amber to Emerald), which is why I asked for clarity.

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

This actually makes it that much harder for me to finish the legendary back back.. I started late last season and I have 7 days of daily plays to do… now most of those crossing won’t even count for my track since I need to finish those 7 days of 3 matches before it starts counting the division crossing.

This literally kittens me over =\

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Daily plays achievement is stupid as kitten

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

This actually makes it that much harder for me to finish the legendary back back.. I started late last season and I have 7 days of daily plays to do… now most of those crossing won’t even count for my track since I need to finish those 7 days of 3 matches before it starts counting the division crossing.

This literally kittens me over =\

The division achievements progress when the previous is completed. You don’t need to complete the meta for that part. You’ll be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Daily plays achievement is stupid as kitten

I completely agree, I had planned to literally play the 3 matches per day for 7 days, probably not be passed 2nd division, so for my tier 3 achievement I’d simply have to get to diamond, and by that point I’d be caught up with the rest of the gang who does 1 achievement tier per season…

Had to work my kitten off last season to do so since I started 3 weeks before it ended since I recently got better internet and can actually try to compete.

But now with this, a lot of people may get locked out.

EDIT : Oh wow seems ayrilana is right, thought it was locked like everything else until the previous tier was done. Guess I overreacted too quick, not that I overreacted, was just a little sad lmao.

(edited by Takato.4976)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

SOMEONE SAID CAPES?!! Capes as season 3 rewards confirmed.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Did Season 3 start at 12 pm PST like someone said?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Did Season 3 start at 12 pm PST like someone said?

Based on all of the complaint threads of people complaining after only two matches, I’d say it has started.

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There’s a problem here – you don’t get wins towards the wins achievement even if you’re rated in a higher league – so say I was diamond and made sapphire – this should give me the wins for emerald and amber league towards my achievement – but it doesn’t.

This is both sad and upsetting.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

Season 3 is already turning out to be a joke

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There’s a problem here – you don’t get wins towards the wins achievement even if you’re rated in a higher league – so say I was diamond and made sapphire – this should give me the wins for emerald and amber league towards my achievement – but it doesn’t.

Oh please just play more, this is a good change and the only real issue is to do with the crossing division achievements which they have clearly dealt with.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Wait you want the wins that would have earned you the pips to get to your division!? Wtf?! How entitled can you be? You can’t even calculate it because it can vary so much with wins, losses, and streaks. And besides, it’s not like there’s a cap on number of wins. Go out and earn them just like every other season.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Too bad I can’t use amber and emerald division to learn a 3rd class for those AP wins. That was all I was really looking forward to this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

How about the wins on X class I need for AP ? Do we get those too?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Wait you want the wins that would have earned you the pips to get to your division!? Wtf?! How entitled can you be? You can’t even calculate it because it can vary so much with wins, losses, and streaks. And besides, it’s not like there’s a cap on number of wins. Go out and earn them just like every other season.

In theory it’s far easier to earn wins in Amber/Emerald than it is to earn them at a higher league level. I just played a lot and did my wins at higher leagues but the profession wins I was looking forward to doing them in Amber/Emerald since I’m not very good on those profs and don’t wanna mess up people’s games at higher levels.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, it worked out. I was bounded into Emerald, and only needed one more division to clear Tier 3, and it cleared as soon as I won my first match.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Holy crap people were quick to assume the worst. So glad I’m not a game developer.

People should read the patch notes.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yeah i got my division crossing achievement plus one.

was at part 4 , 1/4

now its 2/4

nice no bugs.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

That’s because there are no capes in GW2.