S3 is designed to stop players climbing

in PvP

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Really? Just because you’re not a winstreak doesn’t mean everyone isn’t.

-A person on a 14 winstreak and going strong

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Holl u didn’t understand anything…but gz on your 14 streak. Hope you continue it. Really.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

The tier system is meant to put u where u belong, if ur having close matches and win about 50% of the time thus staying where u are it seems like u reached ur appropriate place

that statement is very wrong. unless your god and can carry every team you get then it is dumb luck you advance . am a sapphire teir 2 atm i just had a match normally i would say personal score means nothing. however in this case it does 2 team mates got 0 points . sorry man but i am way beyond players like that skill wise

Dude you have played 182 games since the season began and have barely won half of them. You are not beyond anybody skill wise.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

This is the best season. Thank you ArenaNet. We finally have balance. Low players will stay Emerald with their SoloQ fun, good players will go up and up with their TeamQ fun. This is exactly how the game should be. Everybody happy for their pixels, more effort (trying to play as team with voicechat) equals more reward.

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

@Acrisor Sorry to break your heart but SoloQ’ers reached Legendary before any team this season.

Wow to many people way to emotional….

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

in PvP

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Wow man to many people going on each throats over a pixel game here.The thing some of them are right the system is weird!Ho it pairs teams up is beyond my comprehension .Personal experience i managed in 1 day to hit Ruby form 0 then i ranked up nice in it,not to mention was put against a loots of premades somehow we won it.What got me high placed.Then after having few pips in ruby i sudden got hit with weird teams do not understand the system and lost all progress.

Here Example Screen shoot from 1 of the last games i played i started leaving fast game without any more paying attention after loosing over 29 games in Ruby thx to having Amber-Sapphire and Emerald team pairs.

Having the same problems, my win % just dropped to below 50% in bottom ruby. I had 70% winrate in season two, but suddenly I’m getting lots of players doing weird rotations and not paying attention to the map, making us lose. I just tilted today since I can’t even keep the 50/50 win rate up, and being in edge of tilting just makes me play bad too.

I have never been less motivated to play sPvP, and this season I don’t even care about getting to legendary. I just want fun matches., which I seem to find once in 30

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Sry started is sapphire. Got them mixed up.

And no..he played like 80% solo both seasons. He does indeed know some people at his same skill level but timezones kinda made him play more solo. He is just legit good.

And as you i am also tired of people defending a flawed system who can’t see past their pride. As i said, the consequences of this seasons charade are already seen under the form of queues and pugs-vs-team matches which i get more and more. People are simply just quitting. If that’s what you wanted for your game mod, then you will receive it…pretty soon as i can see. It’s all down to the balance between time invested vs reward (may it be items or pips). What seasons have done is to frustrate and drive away new people who were attracted to this mod by the wings (without those wings you would have never had the pvp population to host seasons in the first place).

^this

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The system is flawed for sure but frankly with enough farming you will get in high division. However i would like to clear one thing: system does NOT put you with teammates of your level. Proof? I had necro on my team in ruby/diamond range that got soloed by cheftain.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

he should definitely git guder…but who cares…he’s diamond and u’re not….so by that standard u should git guder.

in PvP

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Last matches I was placed with 3 amber and 1 diamond premade – I’m emerald atm, cos of this kittenty system – and we wree up against 2 diamons, 1 ruby and 2 emeralds…

screenshot please.

Dig up at forum, there is plenty of screens of such situations during last few days. I can’t send you screen, cos I don’t have it. Why to ever bother with screening when there is a lot of em at this forum and yeah I was solo q

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The tier system is meant to put u where u belong, if ur having close matches and win about 50% of the time thus staying where u are it seems like u reached ur appropriate place

In which theres no point in playing any more, which is counter-intuitive design considering this an MMO, where the whole point is to keep players interested through opportunities for progression.

This isn’t counter-intuitive, to progress you have to progress your skill to be able to climb into the higher skill divisions. It’s of interest to the players that want to be better performing at pvp

Personal skill has nothing to do with how well you do in the league. As you are only 20% of a team. Yes a team. If the other 80% don’t do there job, you, no matter how good you are, can not hold points on your own in a 5 vs 1. You might be able to hold out for a bit, but you know the out come. People can “git gud” all they like. If the other 80% don’t know what they are doing, and 80% of the other team dose. You will lose.

The league is as much about luck as it is skill. The pip system.is not a true reflection of.your skill, losing pips is just a way to slow people down, and to make progression harder. To create a false sense of peoples “skill”. Look at every sport on the planet, no one takes away points for losing. They all work on games played, then win, loss, draw. Better players will always win more games, than bad players, even if the bad play more games. This would show peoples skill more truthfully than the pip system. I’m not saying that people in the high divisions don’t belong there, but this system would show people how good they really are. As the match making could just pit people with the same win rates against each other so the cream would rise to the top.

I’m not saying there isn’t a better way to implement a more reflection of skill, but individual skill does come into play in the current system, the better you become the more you can tilt the odds in your favor, it would have helped more so if they reset the MMR for everyone as well as division placing to better allow people’s skill to place them appropriately, could it be implemented better? Yes. But right now it does show you where your skill level is till the better players filter out of the lower tiers to the tiers they belong

But the match making is making is slow. This time last season I was out of emerald and into sapphire. I’ve won 11 matches, lost 11. But only gained 6 pips dew to how my wins have worked out. How is this a true reflection of my skill. It’s not. I’m sure you have more wins than pips. Unless you are riding a win wave.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

That is not true this season.

Now you are always matched up with players with simliar MMR so except for a few outliers you will always have close to 50% winrate in theory. Does not matter which division you are on.

The only tier system that puts where you belong should be a tier system that directly correlates your position to your MMR. Current system is a test of luck and raw number of games played. e.g. wwwlllw > wlwlwlw

You are teamed up with players with similar MMR and then you fight a team in the same division range. Your opponents team MMR may be much higher or lower than your team’s MMR.

So if you’re a skilled player playing only few matches or starting the season late you will be teamed up with other skilled players and probably face opponents of lower MMR and skill. That’s why you will win most matches as long as your MMR is higher than the average MMR of players in your division range.

In theory, once you start having a 50% win rate you know that most players in your division range have a similar MMR to yours. But we’re not talking about a handful matches here, there can always be streaks of WWWW or LLLL or WLWL in between for many reasons. Players tend to overestimate what matchmaking can do and what a streak of some matches means.

in PvP

Sismis.5390

That is not true this season.

Now you are always matched up with players with simliar MMR so except for a few outliers you will always have close to 50% winrate in theory. Does not matter which division you are on.

The only tier system that puts where you belong should be a tier system that directly correlates your position to your MMR. Current system is a test of luck and raw number of games played. e.g. wwwlllw > wlwlwlw

You are teamed up with players with similar MMR and then you fight a team in the same division range. Your opponents team MMR may be much higher or lower than your team’s MMR.

So if you’re a skilled player playing only few matches or starting the season late you will be teamed up with other skilled players and probably face opponents of lower MMR and skill. That’s why you will win most matches as long as your MMR is higher than the average MMR of players in your division range.

In theory, once you start having a 50% win rate you know that most players in your division range have a similar MMR to yours. But we’re not talking about a handful matches here, there can always be streaks of WWWW or LLLL or WLWL in between for many reasons. Players tend to overestimate what matchmaking can do and what a streak of some matches means.

You realize that actual you did point out how the system is not working right?Cause every player gets virtual point system cumulated playing.Lets say taking table top games like warhammer 40k where you get 2000 army points.So each team is composed on both sides of 2000 points,what is not representing their skill lvl its just virtual number to get filled for a group of teams and bamm there you go round start.That again shows that a program algorithm is not working and never will for actual pairing up match system.

Cause program can’t Calculate Human in calculations.

(edited by Sismis.5390)

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

thus, by waiting for everyone better than you to get ahead of you, you can get easy matches and play catch up later and have your progress and your legendary.

It didn’t work that way in season 2, as you’d need to wait for longer than the season’s length. Why do you think it would work now?

i had several friends play a little at the start of s2 and get stuck and i told them to wait a few weeks and come back to it. when they did, they streaked to ruby/diamond.

it did work that way in s2. if it didnt for you, idk what to tell you.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

Last matches I was placed with 3 amber and 1 diamond premade – I’m emerald atm, cos of this kittenty system – and we wree up against 2 diamons, 1 ruby and 2 emeralds…

screenshot please.

Dig up at forum, there is plenty of screens of such situations during last few days. I can’t send you screen, cos I don’t have it. Why to ever bother with screening when there is a lot of em at this forum and yeah I was solo q

gosh, then i dont believe you. as ive said, all of the screenshots of “wtf is this matchmaking” are perfectly explainable and fall within the set parameters. when you see ambers while you are diamond, it is because they are queuing with a diamond/ruby/legendary. im sure there is a perfectly legit explanation for your match, but without a screenshot and with your attitude, i have no reason to think anything besides “this guy is clueless”.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

thus, by waiting for everyone better than you to get ahead of you, you can get easy matches and play catch up later and have your progress and your legendary.

It didn’t work that way in season 2, as you’d need to wait for longer than the season’s length. Why do you think it would work now?

i had several friends play a little at the start of s2 and get stuck and i told them to wait a few weeks and come back to it. when they did, they streaked to ruby/diamond.

it did work that way in s2. if it didn’t for you, idk what to tell you.

Typically losing is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes so you could do better the next time around. However, with a Glicko/Elo/whatever system in place in a team game your teammates are going to get worse while your opponents will have a higher average rating. With this information we know that losing carries some risk to it and the more you lose the more you’re going to lose. Since there are more bad players than good you’re more likely to get bad players on your team until you reach a certain point. Another reason we need division loss is so bad players can’t chill near the bottleneck. The more you lose the more likely you’re going to have such teammates.

Tl;dr: hedging one’s MMR against likely further deflation by waiting seems like a good policy so the people that keep beating you rank away while those holding you back get their MMR deflated enough to not get on your team (hopefully).

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

it did work that way in s2. if it didn’t for you, idk what to tell you.

Typically losing is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes so you could do better the next time around. However, with a Glicko/Elo/whatever system in place in a team game your teammates are going to get worse while your opponents will have a higher average rating. With this information we know that losing carries some risk to it and the more you lose the more you’re going to lose. Since there are more bad players than good you’re more likely to get bad players on your team until you reach a certain point. Another reason we need division loss is so bad players can’t chill near the bottleneck. The more you lose the more likely you’re going to have such teammates.

Tl;dr: hedging one’s MMR against likely further deflation by waiting seems like a good policy so the people that keep beating you rank away while those holding you back get their MMR deflated enough to not get on your team (hopefully).

there is also a very definite point where you simply stop playing against the people better than you and you cannot ignore that breakpoint, whether you trashed your mmr to finally reach that point or just stopped playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Wesa.3580

Wesa.3580

I’ve come to an interesting conclusion.
From my personal experience, matchmaking works quite well when it comes to queueing in premades and not really when it come to solo queueing. Seriously, after I teamed up with some nice guys I started getting very good, competetive matches (mostly against premades like us, not full random teams), and I do not mean only winning, there were looses, very intense & interesting looses as well, except for the very few matches. And just I got back to solo que – guses what ? Three blowouts in a row when I could stay afk entire game and we would still win.

I don’t know, maybe somebody else feels the same…

Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It’s Irish for, “you’re kittened”.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

So your arguement is that by grinding out matches with absolutely no skill you should be rewarded with a top PvP rank?

You do understand PvP means Player versus Player right? And that you actually have to be better than other PLAYERS to get top ranked?

Yes, PvP is designed to make you lose against players that are better at the game than you are. Are you saying it shouldn’t be? Are you perchance a big fan of Call of Duty?

I like the high horse you’re on.
“players vs players” lol. It is build vs build. This was the major compliant every single single, that some builds, even when in lesser hands will consistently out perform other builds that are in more capable hands. There is no player vs player, there is only what professions are entirely up, and what professions are entirely down. If it were truly player vs players we’s still see D/D cele ele’s, because it wasn’t the build that was strong..it was just that really, really good players were attracted to double dagger ele’s.

You’re fooling yourself if you think this is an actual player vs player experience. That like putting a Honda vs a Porsche and saying, “May the better driver win.”

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

So your arguement is that by grinding out matches with absolutely no skill you should be rewarded with a top PvP rank?

You do understand PvP means Player versus Player right? And that you actually have to be better than other PLAYERS to get top ranked?

Yes, PvP is designed to make you lose against players that are better at the game than you are. Are you saying it shouldn’t be? Are you perchance a big fan of Call of Duty?

I like the high horse you’re on.
“players vs players” lol. It is build vs build. This was the major compliant every single single, that some builds, even when in lesser hands will consistently out perform other builds that are in more capable hands. There is no player vs player, there is only what professions are entirely up, and what professions are entirely down. If it were truly player vs players we’s still see D/D cele ele’s, because it wasn’t the build that was strong..it was just that really, really good players were attracted to double dagger ele’s.

You’re fooling yourself if you think this is an actual player vs player experience. That like putting a Honda vs a Porsche and saying, “May the better driver win.”

Seeing how Honda has a car that can perform better than a lot of Porsches the argument is funny…

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s a rank system for god’s sake…

Tied to a reward track that had the aim that everyone should be able to get the reward. There are conflicting goals at work.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The should honestly separate ranked based rewards from rewards gained from playing ranked. The pack pack piece should be gained by playing ranked and gained faster by ranking up. The other rewards such as pro league rewards should be gained by wining your way into pro leagues. The mistake is having players play to legendary for in-game rewards.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

The mistake is having players play to legendary for in-game rewards.

No. That is not a mistake. Legendary backpack in PvP is what resurrected PvP in the first place. If there was no legendary reward, PvE players would not have come to PvP, and we would still wait 10 minutes in queue, while Twitch channel would have had 250 viewers on Pro League, instead of 2500 like it had last monday. Why? Because of no players. Legendary items in PvP is a marketing strategy to make PvP more active, because most players enjoy PvE, not PvP.

So, thank you ArenaNet, thank you for introducing legendary items in PvP. At least we now have some activity.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The mistake is having players play to legendary for in-game rewards.

No. That is not a mistake. Legendary backpack in PvP is what resurrected PvP in the first place. If there was no legendary reward, PvE players would not have come to PvP, and we would still wait 10 minutes in queue, while Twitch channel would have had 250 viewers on Pro League, instead of 2500 like it had last monday. Why? Because of no players. Legendary items in PvP is a marketing strategy to make PvP more active, because most players enjoy PvE, not PvP.

Its going to kill it as well, may many players I know (including me) have burned out on spvp due to the grind exacerbated by the extremely poor matchmaking. And with Overwatch out there is a better objective, team based pvp game available now.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Hatemefearme.3148

Hatemefearme.3148

Personal skill has nothing to do with it? Are you actually serious? How can personal skill not be involved? If you’re trash, you’re not going to contribute to the team, simple as that.

In which theres no point in playing any more, which is counter-intuitive design considering this an MMO, where the whole point is to keep players interested through opportunities for progression.

This isn’t counter-intuitive, to progress you have to progress your skill to be able to climb into the higher skill divisions. It’s of interest to the players that want to be better performing at pvp

Personal skill has nothing to do with how well you do in the league. As you are only 20% of a team. Yes a team. If the other 80% don’t do there job, you, no matter how good you are, can not hold points on your own in a 5 vs 1. You might be able to hold out for a bit, but you know the out come. People can “git gud” all they like. If the other 80% don’t know what they are doing, and 80% of the other team dose. You will lose.

The league is as much about luck as it is skill. The pip system.is not a true reflection of.your skill, losing pips is just a way to slow people down, and to make progression harder. To create a false sense of peoples “skill”. Look at every sport on the planet, no one takes away points for losing. They all work on games played, then win, loss, draw. Better players will always win more games, than bad players, even if the bad play more games. This would show peoples skill more truthfully than the pip system. I’m not saying that people in the high divisions don’t belong there, but this system would show people how good they really are. As the match making could just pit people with the same win rates against each other so the cream would rise to the top.

in PvP

Posted by: Subte.8725

Subte.8725

PvP is dead, is boring, is frustraing. I started to play this sunday and im in diamond, win streak & easy money. 0 fun matches, ppl crying cause some of their team mates goes in rage mode and stay afk, other ppl is a complete dead hands playing, etc. This league system is a complete sh** and joke for the ppl who play rankeds only to improve our skill and enjoy good fights without expecting any kind of reward.

Pls Anet give us old rankeds. No pips, No achivments, No Legendary PvP Backpack. We are in a PvP mode, this in not pve. PLAYER VS PLAYER MODE let the f****n* achivments in pve or move it to unrankeds. Give us a non reward league systeam with no pips and no ranks and no divisions=old ranked systeam.

Old rankeds means only real pvp players will play it. Means no frustration for climb up to reach the f****** legedary where ppl are “good” players cause only the fisrt weeks they are good, 3 weeks or 4 and u can only find dead hands in legend too. Means ppl wont come to cry here. WvW players will stay in wvw and make wvw. PvE players will stay in open world and make pve AND PVP PLAYERS WILL MAKE PVP. “Only PvP players” This is hard to understand. S3 has to be the last season. If the ppl dont have their f*c***** achivments in 3 seasons and their “PvP” Legendary Backpack, listen “PvP” legendary backpack if u are not a pvp player return to your pve u will not get this skin. 3 seasons are enounght to do it. From the start of the game playing pvp in season 1 & 2 i was legendary and one of my guild mates was legendary too, he started to play pvp in season 2, he is a complete dead hand and he was legendary in S2.

The only real PvP now in Gw2 are the duels in 1v1 servers. League systeam is a joke. U are killing your own players. Not only the real pvp players. U are killing your pve players cause u gives him a legendary skin that they cant have cause they are not pvp players, u are killing your normal pvp players cause they want a f*****g tag in their name that shows “skill”. Oh look at me im legendary look at my skill lvl. Sh** lvl go to any 1v1 serv and tell him that u are legendary they will f*** u and your tag too.

Finish this. I hope this is the last seasson.

PD: Sry for my bad English.

(edited by Subte.8725)

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

It’s the Globalist’s New World Order agenda. The system is designed to keep hard working players on the bottom while the wealthy elite sit on top.

in PvP

Sismis.5390

It’s the Globalist’s New World Order agenda. The system is designed to keep hard working players on the bottom while the wealthy elite sit on top.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

it did work that way in s2. if it didnt for you, idk what to tell you.

How nice that ur friends had u to advise them. How nice they only “play a little at start of s2” and that, like me, they didn’t play and play and play that first week (and got trounced by pro teams on ts). How nice that they streaked to ruby cuz they didn’t play against the pros.

S2 didn’t work that way for me. I played the first week a lot. I got pitted against the pro teams, and got matched w/ brand new players w/ 50% mmr granted to them for no reason, and players who thought that match manipulation of straight losses was a good idea cuz it worked in seas 1. Well, that is how mmr hell and low mmr got bestowed on me (not to mention the countless dcs, clueless players and good 1 v 1ers who killed but knew zip about team strat and actually winning a game.

But w/e. Once low mmr starts, it now travels w/ us forever, courtesy of anets policy to not reset mmr (and y? have they chosen to not reset mmr, at a very minimum, so we are all on equal footing – no one knows, except it appears an obvious ploy to cater to and placate pro players). Everyone else I guess can just go have fun playing in the pit teaching newbies how to pvp. Fun. Fun fun. And hence, quitting time – and the player base shrinks some more. Yay! GW 1 death spiral on its way in GW2! yay!

Hurry anet! Do something positive for the bulk of your remaining player base! I’m begging u!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I started in emerald. Made it trough with about 20 games. I expect me to get stuck in ruby. I might be able to grind through it, but am not shure i will take this effort.
Legendary backpack? I don´t even know how i can get it. I got my ascended and this is all i need. The legandary BP should either be only from unranked or reserved for true legends like not complicated to get but you have to hit Legendary and gone throug it once. Something not acivable for the mass.

It’s a rank system for god’s sake… It’s not a bad thing if ranks would begin to mean something. Starting in saph this season opened my eyes, I am a bad player and should have never gotten as high as diamond in soloQ…

We need to start accepting the fact that most of us aren’t probably as good as we think and the previously achieved ranks have been lies. For god’s sake usually reaching Diamond rank in a competitive game means something already and legend is reserved for the true cream of the crop (1% or something similar).

The previous seasons have been too easy to climb and this is disrespectful for actually good/talented players.

A lot of truth in there. Hard to sell to most players.
But we should accept that this is a team game. And diamond and legandary without a good team (on com) is basicaly a requirement to advance.

I have no porblem if 80% of all solo Q players get stuck in sphire and ruby. It´s RANKED and thus competitive. It´s not the place to try builds, farm legendary or just do daily´s with a class you can´t play well. Doing this ruins the game for four other and is igonorant and recless.
Yesterday i intentionally played unranked with warrior. To train, have fun and do warrior daily. Then i swaped to my main and won my ranked games.

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

If the tier system would have been designed to put you where you belong then the s3 would have been like s2 with the addition of the division drop.

Instead the s3 system has made with the intention to make everyone (good and fail) to get to top division with a different amount of farm, due to the 50% win rate.

This is indeed the death of any competitive league.

Every esport, or irl sport share a single rule: everyone is equal at the start then the stronger win. If the winner is so strong to win always then he will win always, if the loser is so weak to lose everytime then he will lose everytime, till he drop division.

S3 (and 1) are different, their goal is to try to make everyone to win\lose a similar % amount of match (aka 50%).

Have you even seen a irl sport with rules that, instead to try to make everyone equal at the beginning (letting the stronger win) try out to make everyone equal at the result (50% win rate)?

Obviusely don’t.

It’s sad that people in this game ask for a matchmaking like this and “feel good” whenever win a droven result.

Still this game offer the moist pathetic pvp experienced\community all around

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I disagree that the system is pushing 50:50. It´s not random like S2 and you have to fight much more matches harder (closer) but the system is placing a favorite and a challenger on a similar skill level (if available). Of course it´s discussable if personal MMR measured from a team effort makes sense …

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Yes, the Legendary Backpack did attract players back to PVP. Sadly, those players where then exposed to a “competitive” system WHICH WAS SET UP EXPLICITLY TO MAKE THEM LOSE. This is not a move calculated to cause most people to want to PvP.

On top of that, the bar for the backpack has been set so high that it’s barely achievable. So, the game pulled lot’s of players to PVP. Many of those players won’t ever come back.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I think the game need a restriction starting from Ruby(or mid ruby). Only 1 of the same profession per team. Everything else is just destroying the balance and fun with it. And all the pathetic excuses like “there are not enough players” or “new players have only 1 profession available” are only filling the void of wasted time.

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

I disagree that the system is pushing 50:50. It´s not random like S2 and you have to fight much more matches harder (closer) but the system is placing a favorite and a challenger on a similar skill level (if available). Of course it´s discussable if personal MMR measured from a team effort makes sense …

S2 wasnt random.

S2 was putting you in team with people that had similar mmr to you.

Then your team was putted against another team (where people had similar mmr to each other) within the same division.

The average mmr difference between the 2 team was due only to the fact that inside the same division there where really big difference in mmr between people.

The reason of that mmr difference was related to the fact you wasnt able to drop on lower division after loss streak.

S2 with the division drop would have been perfect. We didnt had the division drop because people QQ for it, then they get jailed on loss streak.

About the s3 being “more closer\balanced” i totally disagree.

On s3 i have around 60% win rate but the result inside the match are usually 200+ point difference in result, without any comeback.

This is part of the wrong way of think of the pvp community of this game.

A game where you win (or lose) 10 match in row with 5 point difference on result is more balanced than a game where you win 60% of the time with 300 point difference in final result.

Anyway, whatever is the system a game add to match up people the result should never been taken in the math.

Playing drove match is the worst crappy thing ever.

And i don’t get why what’s the point to have league without the option to drop your league if you lose too much.

This makes by itself fair matchmaking impossible.

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Personal skill has nothing to do with it? Are you actually serious? How can personal skill not be involved? If you’re trash, you’re not going to contribute to the team, simple as that.

If you are skilled and the rest of your team is not, you are not going to win. Skill as a team will get you wins, not skill on a personal level. I’ve already explained it, I can’t understand it to you.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

The whole pip thing is a very bad idea in random arena with random ppl. Obviously these victories or loses would never show your personal skill that way. (+ in the top of everything MM system kittens the whole things up.)
It is just really bad game design nothing more. If anet had a (real) game designer this things would not be exists now.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

s2 i climb to ruby only with 3 losses and boom stuck in ruby with wlwl. soloq
now i the games are more close but i cant control my allies actions so we losing
like the red team had 350 points and 2 of them rush lord. i rush to decap thoer points and did 1v2 and later 2v3 on far. 2 allies rush to help with lord so 2v2. and our ele stay mid .. i write ele go heal lord and he stay mid. so lord got killed. now why i lost 1 pip??? this is whats make me frustrated. when i make mistakes and i do i dont have problem to lose pipe but when my ally go afk, die in 2 sec burst, push far versus his counter and get killed , never support, no target, no focus fire why should i lose points.

i wish they could do the system on personal achievment . like if i am support build how did i do with support, if i am bunker how i manage to hold caps, if i am dmg dealer how many kills i had etc.. if i win you get extra points for that but if you did good you get points for that too…..

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/