SPvP Build Tier List - Updated 5/26

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If i can say my idea…
i want to start wtih a difference between mindless player and skilled player because there is a great difference.

Mindless player
S: warrior, engineer (condition), thief (full zerker)
A: ranger (condition), necromancer
B: mesmer, ranger (power), engineer (power), elementalist (holder), guardian
C: engineer (power), thief (stealth), elementalist (power)

Skilled player
S: warrior ( + ), necromancer (condition), thief (stealth/condition), ranger (spirit), engineer (condition), elementalist (holder)
A: mesmer (phantasm)( + ), ranger (power build)( + ), guardian (holder), engineer (power), elementalist (power)
B: necromancer (power), mesmer (condition), guardian (zerker), ranger (bm)
C: none -with a minimum of skill and a smart party you can do everything-

Alright, good idea but… engineer S tier on mindless player, necromancer S tier on skilled player and not the other way around? I can’t see newbies being good on engineer at all, even the most mindless engineer builds – hgh and sd – take a fair bit of practice/talent to master.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

S
+Warrior
=Necromancer
=Thief
-Ranger

A
=Guardian

B
+Mesmer
-Engineer

C
-Elementalist

Agreed. Though, I still think these lists lack a proper way to account for various builds for each class, as well as their offensive and defensive roles in team compositions.

A = Average (All classes should strive to be here) meaning only Guardian is truely balanced. Tier S all suffer from the same imbalance: too much damage for their survivability.

Power Ranger, DPS Guardian, Minion or Power Necromancer, Condition or PP Thief, Bunker Warrior, Staff Elementalist, Rifle Engineer, Phantasm Mesmer, … all still underperform purely because of flaws in weaponsets, traits and utilities.
S/D Thief used to be unviable, but added mechanics shot them up the tier list so I’d advice caution with adding random effects to weaponsets.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

S – guardian (because of allround usefulness and the ability to tank while providing heavy CC)
A – Condition ranger (not spirits in particular, but any condition tank spec will do)
+ CC/regen tank Warrior
– HGH Engi (ill put em there due to personal issues when dealing with em)
+ Necromancer

B + BM Power Ranger
– Turrent Engi
– Minion Mancer
+ Shatter Mesmer

C + Thief (any build)
– Elementalist
—-- Any type of warrior not running CC or regen tank.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Prysin hgh engi and espically turret engi are not viable at high level play. Where you thought turret engi had any use at all still suprises me… remove them from your list engis use bomb /nade now.

BM ranger and mm necro aren’t use at any competitive level either. Your list seems to be the troll hot join list…

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m reviving this thread so that it can actually be updated since the creator of that old thread no longer hangs around here. If someone knows of a way to make a poll that has more options than straw poll that be great. Also, if a mod could merge the old thread with this one but give me the editing rights that would be really helpful.

EDIT: I’m thinking of maybe making multiple polls, 1 for each tier, and letting people vote multiple times. I ask that posters list builds that they think should be included and I’ll take it from there.

EDIT 2: Changing it from a Class list to a Build list, seems to make more sense.

EDIT 3: Here’s a test version of the poll, I know I left some builds out I just wanted to get feedback.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)