"Save yourselfes!", for Guardians, needs a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: GustavoM.7605

GustavoM.7605

As someone who mains a Guardian for more than 200 PvP matches.

Nerf It by 50% of the current time for all buffs or as the skill description says, when an ally has a condition, and not everytime by himself, etc.

Mix It with the support tome, and It’s literally /godmode for palad—- Guardians.

(ps: I don’t use this shout and never plan to do so.)

in PvP

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

You do know that there are classes that can competley counter this ability right?

The problem is the meta hasn’t fully developed so people don’t bring the counters for it.

Hard Counters for it are :
Mesmer Arcane Thievery
Necro Corrupt Boon

There are also plenty of boon stripping abilities in the game that counter it very well.

(edited by Teulux.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

A necro can completely negate that little move, I do it all the time especially in WvW when I see 10 boons pop up on the guardian, I yank some of those boons off him and he goes down easier. There’s also a debuff (forget the name) that drops his regen/healing by 50% (but also affects yourself too).

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in PvP

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

Talking about the meta not fully developing and then mentioning necros in the same sentence.

Sorry, bringing a necro over a guardian in order to counter (if it lands btw, 50% chance it fails) one single annoying ability does not outweigh the fact that a necro is just a useless class.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

Talking about the meta not fully developing and then mentioning necros in the same sentence.

Sorry, bringing a necro over a guardian in order to counter (if it lands btw, 50% chance it fails) one single annoying ability does not outweigh the fact that a necro is just a useless class.

guess you aren’t up to date

necro is played by most teams in forest & guild now

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Considering there are hard and soft counters to this one move I don’t see the point in nerfing it. A list you may want to read. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_remove_boons

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Daays.4317

Cool story.

Considering my pug team of DWi members has not lost yet to a top end team with a necro, gonna go ahead and say necros are useless.

The moment they swap him out for a guardian, the fights are infinitely harder.

You’re sacrificing group stability, group condition removal, retaliation, and control for…..blinds? Boon removal? Your focus targets anyways are DPS then support. Not to mention a mesmer has aoe boon AND condition removal AND portal.

Necros are awful. Teams playing with them just want to be different. Like thieves wanting to use s/d. Mediocre at best. They work in free tournies because you play pug teams 99% of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Be sure to half the cooldown on the skill with the 50% reduction in boon duration .

Do that and i’ll be OK with it.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in PvP

Posted by: demonstrative.9176

demonstrative.9176

Cool story.

Considering my pug team of DWi members has not lost yet to a top end team with a necro, gonna go ahead and say necros are useless.

rofl jokestime

The moment they swap him out for a guardian, the fights are infinitely harder.

You’re sacrificing group stability, group condition removal, retaliation, and control for…..blinds? Boon removal? Your focus targets anyways are DPS then support. Not to mention a mesmer has aoe boon AND condition removal AND portal.

Necros are awful. Teams playing with them just want to be different. Like thieves wanting to use s/d. Mediocre at best. They work in free tournies because you play pug teams 99% of the time.

First off, who says you’d completely replace a Guardian with a Necro. Posters were saying that Necros are counters, not that they were better at bunker. Most of the top teams run a Necro, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Second, Necros are easily the best counter to Guardians right now. That being said, you’re still going to need to stack numbers to reliable down one. Corrupt Boons is extremely effective, especially when they put any form of Protection, Regeneration, or Stability up.

Third, Necros are easily the strongest condition profession in the game. Couple Scepter/Dagger with Epidemic and you have extreme AoE output.

Are Guardians counterable? Yes. Do they need adjustments? Definitely. Bunkers are defining the meta right now, the amount of 4v4 fights and team stacking caused by them are pretty detrimental to strategy and variety in team strategy in general. There’s almost no need to run high mobility with Guardian Bunkers and Portal.

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock
Demonstrative/Bible/Sprankles

(edited by demonstrative.9176)

in PvP

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

^ what he said

Daays you are clearly as good as you think you are. If you can’t understand the most effective way to use the classes in the game, I’d say you should stick to 8s

in PvP

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

i used to think save yourselves was uber …. til the time I used it an instantly died.
i then read the tooltip.
happened again to me lastnight. a necro can put ONE ring of poison on the floor, all your team can trip it and you can pull 10 stacks of poison onto you and 10 stacks of vulnerability. i pulled 20 stacks of vulnerability onto me lastnight, i LIVED, but I hadnt noticed what I pulled ONTO me from someone else til I got hit for 6k

there is a warrior skill that REMOVES all conditions and gives you EVERY boon for warrior and thats fine, but a guardian skill that gives you boons and takes all conditions from everyone else onto you.. needs a nerf?????

(edited by BishopX.6453)

in PvP

Daays.4317

You can stop mentioning top teams. I’ve played against them. Every time they want to use a necro, they lose. If they swap it out, we go 50/50. It’s a game changer using the class, and not in their favor. And yes, they typically replace their guardian for a necro.

Necros aren’t even close to being the strongest condition damage in the game. Engineers take that role, because they actually use all of them. Mesmers come in second. Then necros. Being a condition class and being 100% reliant on one condition to do damage (as poison is there to stop healing) does not make you good condition class. In fact, it makes you a very poor one. Not to mention you build for tank anyways, so your bleed are ticking for 90 instead of 110.

How you can even think necros are the best condi damage class is beyond me.

But I don’t know what you would sacrifice for a necro. Everything is vastly more valuable.

Can’t drop guardian. Can’t get rid of a mesmer. Can’t drop a tank/condi engineer.
So you’re dropping DPS? If you’re going to run 4 tanks (only useful on BoK btw) you need knockbacks and roots to take/hold the point from players. Necro doesn’t bring any of that and a 1 second fear isn’t enough time to get people off the point.

The amount of sacrifice you make to counter 1 ability from 1 class is not worth it. Sorry.

Or keep running a necro and stomping pubs while losing to actual teams. You can win pug tournies with 5 zoo necros.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

As someone who actually TPvPs relatively often I can vouch for his team as being high level versus all the no namers on here thinking they know what they’re talking about. Aside from a 32 second cooldown boon strip, Necro’s really do not do much in the game at the moment. Alone, their condi damage is very subpar and it takes them forever to get up to even 6 stacks of bleed on anyone to let alone pressure a guardian enough to even use his heal. Mesmers can’t really strip Guardians that well either. Save yourself gives you a TON of buffs and guardians can easily reapply protection if they have hammer, so unless you’re made of Illusions that ain’t happening.

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

Necros are one of the best condition classes not because of the one they stack, but because of their control over conditions/boons.

in PvP

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

When playing my necro in WvW, I will target a Guardian and HOPE that he uses this. With two button presses I can then put nearly every condition in the game on every enemy near him.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

I would prefer they not hard nerf anything until the meta develops for at least a month after paid tournaments are available. That will allow better indication on balance.

And certainly don’t nerf anything based on hot-join.

in PvP

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

…Or maybe there is a reason why Necros do exit…

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

in PvP

demonstrative.9176

You can stop mentioning top teams. I’ve played against them. Every time they want to use a necro, they lose. If they swap it out, we go 50/50. It’s a game changer using the class, and not in their favor. And yes, they typically replace their guardian for a necro.

The only person who’s mentioned a team name in this thread is you. And it isn’t even a top team. DWi doesn’t sync with other teams, nor are they anywhere near the competitive edge; you have no room to talk.

The evaluations about Necro here miss on the important fact that Plague Signet nullifies any other condi opponent while Epidemic, in conjunction with Corrupt Boons, Scepter and Dagger skills, enables for extremely easy mass condi spread and application.

Once again, you’re basing everything on the fact that teams are entirely replacing their Guardian for a Necro—which is completely false.

Control aside, there’s no profession that nullifies the power of a bunker Guardian right now—Necro or no Necro.

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock

(edited by demonstrative.9176)

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

there is a warrior skill that REMOVES all conditions and gives you EVERY boon for warrior and thats fine, but a guardian skill that gives you boons and takes all conditions from everyone else onto you.. needs a nerf?

Enlighten me. Which Warrior skill is that?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Daays.4317

@demonstrative

I don’t know who you are. So going to go with you’re not important. Let me know when you’re done with the “you’re not on the competitve edge”. This game has no competitive edge. Just good players. And those “top teams on the competitive edge”, I’ve been playing against them for years in other games.

So keep this on necro. Plague signet is broken. Until it’s fixed to not copy and actually transfer conditions, it’s a conditon dump for the necro. It’s not that great. It doesn’t nullify anything.

Corrupt Boon is single target and really only useful vs guardians when trying to quickly take him out 2v1.

Dagger offhand is mediocre. Not as useful as Focus (as focus gives you a free corrupt boon and good lifeforce generation). You don’t actually remove 3 conditions. You remove 1 at at time per person it bounces to. So if no one else is in range, you’re only going to get one removal. Weakness is really only good vs low crit classes, which are typically Solider Amulet tank classes.

And I’m basing this on the replacement of the guardian because every single high end team that has been running with a necro HAS been replacing them with a guardian. You can stop theory crafting. What I’m saying isn’t theory. It’s tested. I have over tourny 120 games on my necro. The class falls short in every area compared to others and is not worth bringing.

The people who bring it just want to be different. Like the kids who always say “What’s the most underpowered class? I want to play that one”.

in PvP

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

@OP: Save Yourselves is just asking to get rolled by a necro.

in PvP

demonstrative.9176

@demonstrative

I don’t know who you are. So going to go with you’re not important. Let me know when you’re done with the “you’re not on the competitve edge”. This game has no competitive edge. Just good players. And those “top teams on the competitive edge”, I’ve been playing against them for years in other games.

So keep this on necro. Plague signet is broken. Until it’s fixed to not copy and actually transfer conditions, it’s a conditon dump for the necro. It’s not that great. It doesn’t nullify anything.

Corrupt Boon is single target and really only useful vs guardians when trying to quickly take him out 2v1.

Dagger offhand is mediocre. Not as useful as Focus (as focus gives you a free corrupt boon and good lifeforce generation). You don’t actually remove 3 conditions. You remove 1 at at time per person it bounces to. So if no one else is in range, you’re only going to get one removal. Weakness is really only good vs low crit classes, which are typically Solider Amulet tank classes.

And I’m basing this on the replacement of the guardian because every single high end team that has been running with a necro HAS been replacing them with a guardian. You can stop theory crafting. What I’m saying isn’t theory. It’s tested. I have over tourny 120 games on my necro. The class falls short in every area compared to others and is not worth bringing.

The people who bring it just want to be different. Like the kids who always say “What’s the most underpowered class? I want to play that one”.

Maybe because you don’t play any good teams, and judging by your posts—you’re terrible. Everything you’ve said is irrelevant, and you’re posting outdated information. 120 tournament games is puppy water.

Be somebody.

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Travesh.3426

Travesh.3426

@demonstrative

I don’t know who you are. So going to go with you’re not important.

Obviously if you don’t know who Demonstrative is you’ve never played these “top teams” you keep referring to.

Let me know when you’re done with the “you’re not on the competitve edge”. This game has no competitive edge. Just good players.

The game as a competitive edge AND good players. You aren’t one of them. Obviously the more you play with your team and against other competitive teams, the more of a competitive edge you will get.

And those “top teams on the competitive edge”, I’ve been playing against them for years in other games.

Like who? I’ve never heard of you lol

Have you never heard of epidemic? Do you understand how deadly epidemic + corrupt boon + engineers can be? You are picking and choosing what abilities you want to judge necros on. It’s very one-sided.

And I’m basing this on the replacement of the guardian because every single high end team that has been running with a necro HAS been replacing them with a guardian.

lolwut? What high end teams do you play? Lmfao.

You can stop theory crafting. What I’m saying isn’t theory. It’s tested. I have over tourny 120 games on my necro. The class falls short in every area compared to others and is not worth bringing.

I have over 500 tournament WINS on my guardian. Any kind of GOOD necro is deadly against me.

The people who play one well are just that much better than you, bud.
-[PTC] Thad

(edited by Travesh.3426)

in PvP

Posted by: tasbury.3674

tasbury.3674

@demonstrative

I’ve played with “the top teams on the competitive edge” too for years. You know… the top teams…

I won’t list any because then someone who has actually played with those teams may call me out on my bullkitten. So I’ll just continue talking out of my kitten because I’m angry, incompetent player.

In any case I’ll just keep making things up to try and salvage my position because on the internet their is zero accountability.

in PvP

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Eh? It’s a death sentence to use this against a good necro or mesmer.

Removing boons just makes classes that specialize in boon removal less useful, which is not a good idea.

in PvP

Daays.4317

@Demonstrative and Travesh

Thanks for the replies.

Should apply to DWi and play with me. Looking forward to your apps!

in PvP

Posted by: Ksp.5943

Ksp.5943

@Demonstrative and Travesh

Thanks for the replies.

Should apply to DWi and play with me. Looking forward to your apps!

Played with Daays before, and played against PTC before. Daays isn’t bad, and his team isn’t bad. But they are right here, man. We use a necro very regularly in Win, and to much success.

Necros are a very nice counter to heavy boon classes or healing reliant classes (poison uptime), aka Erho’s engy spec, bunker guards, etc.

Sarcasm – because I’m too far away to strangle you.

Ksp [Win]

(edited by Ksp.5943)

in PvP

demonstrative.9176

Nearly every good team utilizes a Necro in some capacity for Corrupt Boons in the current meta.

Win, LR, glhf, SS, etc.

Keep it real Ksp, DWi aren’t anywhere near those teams.

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Gajarell.4370

Gajarell.4370

I think we can agree that until this game has a rating system, all of you should just shut the kitten up.

Or in the words of aj, no glad = gtfo.

in PvP

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Necros can corrupt boons? MY GOD…

Oh wait, what happens when a guardian uses Contemplation of Purity?

Yeah bringing a necro to “counter” 1 ability is a great idea.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

There’s still Spinal Shivers. As long as a Guardian doesn’t have protection, HE WILL NOT TANK. To be honest, any Bunker without protection can’t tank anything, that’s why legit skilled Bunker Necro isn’t really bad unless your Warriors and Thieves in your team as Roamers are you know.. bad that they can’t insta-burst someone that’s protection-less.

Honestly though, now that I think of it you simply just need to remove protection as a boon and problem solved. Like name me one Bunker who doesn’t rely on protection to do anything.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

Posted by: Ksp.5943

Ksp.5943

Necros can corrupt boons? MY GOD…

Oh wait, what happens when a guardian uses Contemplation of Purity?

Yeah bringing a necro to “counter” 1 ability is a great idea.

It’s not to counter one ability. It’s to counter a class. Think about it this way: Save yourself -> corrupt boons -> contemplation of purity -> necro applies more condi’s. The guardian is now down 2 defensive utilities, and still has huge poison uptime from the necro. As a bunker for Win, a competitive team, I can tell you it’s hard to deal with. Much easier to deal with on an Ele.

I think we can agree that until this game has a rating system, all of you should just shut the kitten up.
Or in the words of aj, no glad = gtfo.

A rating system will bring about more competitive teams, for sure. But the teams that are competitive now will still be competitive with an elo system, with the exception of a few that will fall behind in not adapting to new metas. Your point is invalid.

Sarcasm – because I’m too far away to strangle you.

Ksp [Win]

in PvP

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

“GustavoM

Nerf It by 50% of the current time for all buffs or as the skill description says, when an ally has a condition, and not everytime by himself, etc.
Mix It with the support tome, and It’s literally /godmode for palad—- Guardians.
(ps: I don’t use this shout and never plan to do so.)"

Thanks for your brilliant suggestion.. asshloe.

anyone else feels the need to complain about guardians anymore while devs take notes??

in PvP

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

anyone else feels the need to complain about guardians anymore while devs take notes??

Well…I’d like them to cry like little girls when I smack them with my axe.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

“GustavoM

(ps: I don’t use this shout and never plan to do so.)"

Exploit much?

in PvP

Posted by: Fynd.4890

Fynd.4890

When playing my necro in WvW, I will target a Guardian and HOPE that he uses this. With two button presses I can then put nearly every condition in the game on every enemy near him.

Then the guardian hits Contemplation of Purity and coolfaces while you mourn the loss of your Corrupt Boon/Epidemic cooldown and proceed to get steamrolled by righteous flames.