Season 4 Ranked Matchmaking Change

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If only they would also have installed the -3 to +3 pips system from season 1, then it would be worth it to try hard even if you see no chance to win, currently 8 losses in a row

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: cyclop.5934

cyclop.5934

Little off topic. No special title this season or it is just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Just you. It’s “Farming Legend”.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Probably cos ANET realized no one has respected the “legend” title since S1 since it cannot represent skill in a grind based league full of loopholes and tricks to gain pips. (semi joking here of course)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Probably cos ANET realized no one has respected the “legend” title since S1 since it cannot represent skill in a grind based league full of loopholes and tricks to gain pips. (semi joking here of course)

I think they just forgot to add it like they forgot to disable s3 one. A lot of new season titles got datamined a while ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Just you. It’s “Legendary Farmer”.

fix’d

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Just you. It’s “Farming Legend”.

I think “Legendary slow learner” would fit the bill at this point. You have to be pretty slow to still expect something different out of pvp seasons after 4 seasons where the sames mistakes are made….

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Another thing I noticed I have to play against 4 or 5 man premades almost every game, just because the match maker decided to put a duoQ in my team, fair matchmaking looks different to me

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Maybe Anet thinks that if you’re a Solo Q player, you shouldn’t play Ranked? I’m only assuming this because the matchmaking algorithm is biased towards coordinated groups.

But a simple fix for this would be for groups/premades to queue against each other, and Solo Q players only get matched against other Solo Q players.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Maybe Anet thinks that if you’re a Solo Q player, you shouldn’t play Ranked? I’m only assuming this because the matchmaking algorithm is biased towards coordinated groups.

Maybe, I would group, but it is hard to find people of similar skill (or higher skill if they dont mind carrying) to group. Especially if you play many hours a day it is hard to find people who play as much as you

in PvP

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

5 man guild kush premade vs solo Q …… why anet no premades please =(

with groups like this it has more than just familiarity with each other’s playstyles, they have voice communication which greatly enhances coordination, i can understand maybe a team of 2 on ts fighting solo Q but a full 5 man too much please bring back solo Q button

(edited by veslarius.8425)

in PvP

Posted by: Haldun.8614

Haldun.8614

I’m fine with losing games but games seem to all be 500-100. Have played 20 games so far and about 2-3 have been close. Can someone check my matchmaking or something? Seems to be very broken atm.

Haldun

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So we’ll again have people on a skill scale from 1 to 10 sitting in the same pip range fighting completely different players and call it “prestigious”. I don’t really understand who you’re catering to with bringing back this unfair system?

How was it fair to have teams with significantly different mmrs playing against each other as in S2 and 3? The current system at least makes it fairer for the average player.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You are surprised? The only thing that should be expected is that somehow the matchmaking will be worse than the previous season. It used to make me mad. Now I just feel bad for the person who is coding it. I’m sure they are trying hard, but matchmaking just isn’t their thing.

in PvP

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

Season 2 was great for me, season 3 was a real pain. I had rubys and sapp against diamond and legend on my trip through diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Loathar.9375

Loathar.9375

I logged into forum to post specifically because I read this thread and realized it could very well be related to my soloQ experience right now. I got into PvP last season, a few weeks near the end, and enjoyed it a lot and made it almost to ruby and was looking forward to progressing again as I did in season 3 this season but I am getting nowhere.

Starting out in Emerald, I have experienced a win/loss/win/loss A LOT. I’ve played about 15 matches so far. I was one pip away from locking in first tier, then first thing today: SIX losses in a row. Now I am at zero pips first tier. THIS is extremely frustrating to me and already THIS EARLY in the season? I feel like giving up entirely. I will say though, a lot of matches have been very close, with some blow out losses. People afking, giving up early etc etc.

I just wanted to let my opinion be heard, thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This always happens at the beginning of seasons. Everyone is making their way to the division that they belong in. You can’t expect not to get placed against people better than you at this point.

IF people were better than me and I was getting stomped I’d be okay with that. What I am not okay with is I’m facing bad players who i can easily win even numbered fights but my teammates are simply worse than my opponents so I am forced to lose. Basically because of my above average MMR I am being punished into carrying players that were going to lose the match anyway and getting my time and effort wasted

#SoMuchTruth

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

You are surprised? The only thing that should be expected is that somehow the matchmaking will be worse than the previous season. It used to make me mad. Now I just feel bad for the person who is coding it. I’m sure they are trying hard, but matchmaking just isn’t their thing.

The biggest problem I have with matchmaker is putting premades against solo players. Its just not right and shouldn’t happen.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

True, played 39 matches – 14 wins
Game probably expects me to carry because I was legendary last season and so my MMR is probably higher than average saphire player MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I’m fine with losing games but games seem to all be 500-100. Have played 20 games so far and about 2-3 have been close. Can someone check my matchmaking or something? Seems to be very broken atm.

Grats, now you know how it was for me all 3 seasons: win loss win loss win loss, majority totally one sided.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

You literally created a downward spiral for players with low mmr,

Preferably yes. Matches will never be even unless players are being matched among similarly skilled players.

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Game probably expects me to carry because I was legendary last season and so my MMR is probably higher than average saphire player MMR.

You do realize all those other sapphire players your “carrying” were also Diamond/Leagonary last season.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I think what’s going on is that people are tanking their MMR in the beginning, and you just happened to be on the teams with pugs who intend to lose.

yup i already said this would happen. Solo Q players are screwed because there is very high chance you will have at least one person in your team that is purposely tanking his/her MMR in order to win streak to the next tier after.

Lol, there is no point to do this because MMR is based off your total pips now.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

You do realize all those other sapphire players your “carrying” were also Diamond/Leagonary last season.

The majority of them would be Ruby from last season.

Like me.

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m loving this season! I missed season 1 due to my computer dying just before Christmas. And so I started season 2 and it was really bad for me, that continued into 3. Now finally I am breaking out of my bad MMR thanks to the more balanced fights. Last 2 seasons if you were on the bad side of MMR you were doomed to stay there due to always being placed on the losing team (or so some say and I assumed/experienced as well).

Most of my games have been pretty fair so far. Only a handful of steamrolls if I recall. But I am seeing the same players I recognise now and they are not ALWAYS on my side or the team like last season. They are getting nice spread on both mine and the other team. So I can easily see how this is working “correctly” now, or better at least.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Not had a decent game yet. Also not entirely sure how the division system in its current form is meant to improve match quality.

Maybe there’s something I’m missing here..?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

So we’ll again have people on a skill scale from 1 to 10 sitting in the same pip range fighting completely different players and call it “prestigious”. I don’t really understand who you’re catering to with bringing back this unfair system?

How was it fair to have teams with significantly different mmrs playing against each other as in S2 and 3? The current system at least makes it fairer for the average player.

It was fair because players end up where they belong for the most part. A player with 3kMMR should be able to blowout someone with 2kMMR in his pip range and put him where he belongs. (which is probably not in the next 5 tiers currently) When he falls down to the tier that represents his actual skill he will face opponents of similar level. The divisions are meaningless if players are matched only based on their MMR and not tier progression. It is not “fairer for the average player”, it is EASIER. Top players shouldn’t be facing only other top players in Sapphire when someone that tanked his MMR is having an easy way through the whole of ruby for example.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

This season is “no premade, no play”

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

Look make no mistake MM cant fix human error.The system cannot predict what a player does or will do. The issue is right now every lost game I had was due to Human error,3 thief who refuse to swap class, player using wrong builds and so on…. The issue is still on player side who refuse to accept things how they are and bring the wrong weapon to the fight. Still one thing I refuse is players who want to complete their daily and Quene into Ranked and I get a lost game cause he never plays that class. There should be a system to prevent that.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Honestly this season is starting off like absolute garbage. When my team wants to duel a druid off point while I’m 1v3 on our only held point, I cry. Even if I was Gregor Clegane, I couldn’t deadlift this weight.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

You literally created a downward spiral for players with low mmr, while assuming that all high mmr players are automatically good, ensuring their pip gains.

There’s a reason why Anet left the PiP distribution system, based on mmr, was a terrible inaccurate system.

There’s no way to determine individual skill and because of how GW2 Conquest works (a lot of strategies involved), you can’t accurately predict player’s “success” in every single game which the PiP system tried doing.

This is not true. Players with low MMR will be put with players with higher MMR ensuring that games would be won (because of 50% w/l). Low MMR players would then increase their MMR thus gaining more pips in upcoming games.

However, If Anet deems this an issue – losing could be -0 pips and the system would still work since the idea is about rewarding skill rather than grind.

The previous MMR-based pip distribution system did not work because it took an average team MMR when it does not actually exist and easy to manipulate via smurfing.

Player MMR-based pip distribution works because it is a better indication of skill despite your assertion that it is not.

For example, the old Team Q leaderboard (while not 100% accurate) was pretty good. The top 10-20 players are generally the Pro League players of today while top 100 were generally decent Soloq players. A team of players down at 70% was definitely not going to be winning against these players.

The issue with the old leaderboards were that players could play very few games and abuse the deviation to show as very high ranked. This would no longer be an issue as they would need to play in order to gain more pips regardless of their MMR.

The other issue was that premade players generally had higher MMR because of more consistent wins – but again, one should be rewarded for putting in the effort to make a team. If they then want to venture into Soloq to carry, why should they not be rewarded if they are actually skilled enough to do so.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

(edited by chungiee.8764)

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It was fair because players end up where they belong for the most part. A player with 3kMMR should be able to blowout someone with 2kMMR in his pip range and put him where he belongs. (which is probably not in the next 5 tiers currently) When he falls down to the tier that represents his actual skill he will face opponents of similar level. The divisions are meaningless if players are matched only based on their MMR shouldn’tand not tier progression. It is not “fairer for the average player”, it is EASIER. Top players be facing only other top players in Sapphire when someone that tanked his MMR is having an easy way through the whole of ruby for example.

But that is NOT fair to let the metric talk instead of the deeds. It’s convenient, it’s fun if you like free lunches but it’s certainly not fair. How can providing different fighting conditions based on MMR be fair?

If you should win then just kittening do it rather than expect a free pass. Pull yourself from the measly masses like the rest of us. Doubly so for those who think they can carry the moon on their shoulders.

I see players who say they want to play with and against players of their own strength but hardly ever could in season 2 and 3 anyway… even in legendary… Yet, they miss these seasons. I question if it’s really fair fights they crave or an easy ego fix…

Season 1 idea was bad because they were/are aiming for 50/50 win ratio instead of 50/50 odds of winning on each single match (which is what makes any matches fun). Sure it screw what division means because it clearly become a reward track but then again s2 and 3 where barely better if at all in that regard since manufacturing self-fulfilling prophecies anyway.

The season ranks will never mean squat until only stable registered team are admitted in the competition and fight until a victor stand atop the pyramid of the participants. So since you can’t have a competition you might as well do a reward track while having fun fights…

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Look make no mistake MM cant fix human error.The system cannot predict what a player does or will do. The issue is right now every lost game I had was due to Human error,3 thief who refuse to swap class, player using wrong builds and so on…. The issue is still on player side who refuse to accept things how they are and bring the wrong weapon to the fight. Still one thing I refuse is players who want to complete their daily and Quene into Ranked and I get a lost game cause he never plays that class. There should be a system to prevent that.

Some much truth in this post !
You only forgot the “I make my own strat” error where people decide to, for example, run far without even telling (or without a character able to do it…) or disappear from fight to kill a beast….

And yes I think they should have everyday 3 professions titles: Daily Soldier/Adventurer/Scholar winner, paired with 2 task achievement so that re-rollers may get up to 3 achievements while people feeling only confident on one profession would not reroll an unknown toon for the sake of getting their daily.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I don’t think I understood what your point was but players should be able to carry their own weight in matches, period. You shouldn’t be expected to “carry the moon on your shoulders” which is what being paired with players way below your level is. The league is designed with tiers in mind. I don’t care if pro player X is way better than me and gets matched against me. That means I don’t belong in his tier and should fall down the ladder. If you only want 50/50 matches, remove all divisions like in unranked and you’re free to match only based on MMR. Divisions and 50/50 matches are a direct contradiction.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t think I understood what your point was but players should be able to carry their own weight in matches, period. You shouldn’t be expected to “carry the moon on your shoulders” which is what being paired with players way below your level is. The league is designed with tiers in mind. I don’t care if pro player X is way better than me and gets matched against me. That means I don’t belong in his tier and should fall down the ladder. If you only want 50/50 matches, remove all divisions like in unranked and you’re free to match only based on MMR. Divisions and 50/50 matches are a direct contradiction.

I agree entirely that 50/50 matches are in direct contradiction with division. I even say as much. I also entirely agree that players should carry their own weight and that stronger player should be higher than weaker players.

My problem was, is and will always be, using a metric, any metric, to actively favor an expected outcome rather than witness the outcome and record the result. Ofc if you arrange thing to end the way you predict they will usually do but that is hardly fair or because you are good or bad.

Also, we never had any division to begin with since Anet refuses to let ppl fall below ruby so to speak which create a gigantic clusterkitten were some players would be parsec away in skills and yet given the same rating with all that goes along it all in terms of MM and fun for them. If you win matches were you could have sleep on it, chances are your skills aren’t what made any difference. You were, after all, sleeping and yet the system might think (depending on what was on the other team etc.) you are such an awesome players for sleeping like that instead of thinking something was wrong here. And the opposite is also true (I’ve experiment both and my skill is the exact same in both instance).

So, bottom line, we can either have a competition between TEAMS (with a rating that belong to THAT team, not the players in it) until a victorious team emerge on the top or enjoy a reward track with fun matches. But, please, let’s stop with the ridiculous compromises that fail at both.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

Honestly this season is starting off like absolute garbage. When my team wants to duel a druid off point while I’m 1v3 on our only held point, I cry. Even if I was Gregor Clegane, I couldn’t deadlift this weight.

Had a brief peek into sPvP recently and yes I do agree, this season seems far worse than the previous one. (I skipped Season 3)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkyMark.7615

MarkyMark.7615

For me this is terrible, I’m no pro pvp player my win rate is about 60% and I’m casual but Dragon rank etc. I didn’t do the 1st season, but started on the 2nd season and I’m happy getting to Mid to late Ruby (as I did on the last 2 seasons). I didn’t get to Diamond, even though close because I found I was pretty much 50/50 winning losing and progress was that slow I didn’t have the time/energy to grind it out. I started in emerald and since the start of the new season, my win rate is below 50% and I’m exactly where I started zero pips not moving. Now I don’t know how they put players against players, but I appear to be playing against pretty good players ALWAYS. I only needed to get to Ruby to get the legendary backpiece, and now I fear I have no chance. I’m no new player, or don’t know what I’m doing. I play a lot, am not brilliant but done pretty much everything to a high standard. Please fix, this has killed PVP for me.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

For me this is terrible, I’m no pro pvp player my win rate is about 60% and I’m casual but Dragon rank etc. I didn’t do the 1st season, but started on the 2nd season and I’m happy getting to Mid to late Ruby (as I did on the last 2 seasons). I didn’t get to Diamond, even though close because I found I was pretty much 50/50 winning losing and progress was that slow I didn’t have the time/energy to grind it out. I started in emerald and since the start of the new season, my win rate is below 50% and I’m exactly where I started zero pips not moving. Now I don’t know how they put players against players, but I appear to be playing against pretty good players ALWAYS. I only needed to get to Ruby to get the legendary backpiece, and now I fear I have no chance. I’m no new player, or don’t know what I’m doing. I play a lot, am not brilliant but done pretty much everything to a high standard. Please fix, this has killed PVP for me.

They are putting you against players the Match Maker thinks are at same level as you (well avg of your team MMR vs Avg of enemy team MMR) So yeah each match should be close and competitve. Its what people (including myself) have asked for.

Unfortunately close games also means that you should be averaging a 50/50 win rate which doesnt work with a grind based reward system. Since i dont care even a tiny bit about the back piece, this change is fine for me. Id rather have close even chance of winning a match than that Farce we had last season where the system chose the winning team before the match had even started.

in PvP

Posted by: LordKage.9135

LordKage.9135

I don’t believe the players they are choosing is always within your mmr range. I’m positive all ANET does is grab 10 players within a pip range and attempts to balance the teams.

You can clearly tell who’s the Ace and the weakest link in each match per team…. This is completely wrong, the Ace shouldn’t be force to suffer because of the matchmaking algorithm

Try Tô Kill Me // Engineer/Warrior/Revenant

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I don’t believe the players they are choosing is always within your mmr range. I’m positive all ANET does is grab 10 players within a pip range and attempts to balance the teams.

You can clearly tell who’s the Ace and the weakest link in each match per team…. This is completely wrong, the Ace shouldn’t be force to suffer because of the matchmaking algorithm

Its AVERAGE MMR of your Team AVERAGE of enemy team MMR. From a pool of 10 people taken within a certain PIP range. So yeah you can have high MMR players and low MMR players. The MM will try and create 2 teams with an even chance of winning.

I do recall tho that if there is a premade then it adjusts (upwards) your average MMR if you class stack and for each additional team member. So if you are a 4 man premade of 4 DHs then your average MMR will be adjusted higher meaning that if your enemy team is all solo q then they will have much higher collective MMR. Which is why you can sometimes see solo q teams stomping premade casual guild teams.

in PvP

LordKage.9135

Its AVERAGE MMR of your Team AVERAGE of enemy team MMR. From a pool of 10 people taken within a certain PIP range. So yeah you can have high MMR players and low MMR players. The MM will try and create 2 teams with an even chance of winning.

Exactly! why do I have to try harder because the low mmr players don’t want to get good?

It’s almost as if ANET is attempting a mmr reset by forcing all players to win / lose at insane rates for next year.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkyMark.7615

MarkyMark.7615

They are putting you against players the Match Maker thinks are at same level as you (well avg of your team MMR vs Avg of enemy team MMR) So yeah each match should be close and competitve. Its what people (including myself) have asked for.

Unfortunately close games also means that you should be averaging a 50/50 win rate which doesnt work with a grind based reward system. Since i dont care even a tiny bit about the back piece, this change is fine for me. Id rather have close even chance of winning a match than that Farce we had last season where the system chose the winning team before the match had even started.

I do understand your point, but I need some kind of progression to keep me playing. I’ve pretty much ran out of most content, so I don’t mind a bit of grind to achieve stuff but this is over the top. I expect games to reflect the division you are in. So it’s get’s harder as you progress, and it is as hard for me as it has ever been. Everyone is motivated to achieve, no whether that is for reward, title, AP, armor whatever. From your quote you are happy to stay at 50/50 all the time and never progress? I just wish that they would pick a system and be consistent. I don’t mind class balance changes at all, we should adapt. If they suddenly decided to add an extra 250 of each T6 for a legendary people would be rightly peeved, but moving the boundaries to achieve in PVP is apparently perfectly acceptable.

in PvP

Paulytnz.7619

Exactly! why do I have to try harder because the low mmr players don’t want to get good?

It’s almost as if ANET is attempting a mmr reset by forcing all players to win / lose at insane rates for next year.

You do realise right that if you have high MMR and are getting low MMR people put on your team the EXACT same thing is a happening on the other team. So it’s an even fight (or should be in theory). So when you come up against those low MMR people on the other team you should be blowing them out of the water. However when you face the high MMR on their team, well the better player will stand victorious it’s just a matter if it’s you or him…..

No one could or should expect to win every time, that would be saying you think you deserve easy (free) wins or are the best player out there. Which by the way, even the best players (and this even goes for real life sports people and such, chess masters etc included) still have losses or a bad day.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I do understand your point, but I need some kind of progression to keep me playing. I’ve pretty much ran out of most content, so I don’t mind a bit of grind to achieve stuff but this is over the top. I expect games to reflect the division you are in. So it’s get’s harder as you progress, and it is as hard for me as it has ever been. Everyone is motivated to achieve, no whether that is for reward, title, AP, armor whatever. From your quote you are happy to stay at 50/50 all the time and never progress? I just wish that they would pick a system and be consistent. I don’t mind class balance changes at all, we should adapt. If they suddenly decided to add an extra 250 of each T6 for a legendary people would be rightly peeved, but moving the boundaries to achieve in PVP is apparently perfectly acceptable.

I believe your idea of progression and my idea of progression are quite different. It seems that for you (correct me if im wrong) you want to see your placement in the divisions going upwards as you play more games. This is one form of progression.

Me on the other hand want to have close competitive games every match which forces me to play at my best in every match in ordet to tilt the game into a win for my team. This by its very nature will make me improve my pvp skills. As my MMR improves my enemy teams MMR will also be higher keeping me at 50% win rate.

HOWEVER, i did abosolutely progress because my pvp skills improved. I dont need to a back piece or grindable division to tell me if im good. I know im better when i dont mess up as many rotations or combo fields or i successfully bait dodges or heals or make the right call on map rotations that i wasnt doing the week before.

Previous seasons were blow out matches one or the other and both cases whether i won or lost it was not enjoyable and i didnt really learn anything. The best way to learn is not when you stomp or get stomped but when you beat another team in a close match that you had to fight tooth and nail over.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

You do realise right that if you have high MMR and are getting low MMR people put on your team the EXACT same thing is a happening on the other team. So it’s an even fight (or should be in theory). So when you come up against those low MMR people on the other team you should be blowing them out of the water. However when you face the high MMR on their team, well the better player will stand victorious it’s just a matter if it’s you or him…..

No one could or should expect to win every time, that would be saying you think you deserve easy (free) wins or are the best player out there. Which by the way, even the best players (and this even goes for real life sports people and such, chess masters etc included) still have losses or a bad day.

Not at all, you are wrong, see bold comment

Top 20% MMR got paired with Bottom 20% MMR and are going versus AVERAGE MMR players.

This means, that the other team have more chance than being average than having the same configuration than you. For population we have much more average players than terribad or decent players.

So even if you carry far 1v2 capped for your team all matches, if you got 2 super terribad players fighting off-point and dying each 20 sec (I got a lot of that yesterday)… well you lose versus AVERAGE MMR.

This Means, your MMR is dropping like candies, because the system match you with the worse of players…

This means that you will lose your best players, because they don’t want to suffer that again.

So, your average players got to play with those terribad one for the last month of the seasons… you will QQ about queue time and how bad players make those games for you… but it was for us, at the start of the season.

Unranked matches are way better than any League one for proper MMR. Terribad rarely meet good players in there. It’s AVG with GOOD, AVG with BAD.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I personally have not noticed any difference in matches so far. You cream, or get creamed. Always the same first few days of any season.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Ruby is easy you don’t lose pips pass a tier. You will get it. You have 2 months bro.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

I do recall tho that if there is a premade then it adjusts (upwards) your average MMR if you class stack and for each additional team member. So if you are a 4 man premade of 4 DHs then your average MMR will be adjusted higher meaning that if your enemy team is all solo q then they will have much higher collective MMR. Which is why you can sometimes see solo q teams stomping premade casual guild teams.

And because of this, I am “doomed” to get low MMR random on all my matches except if do a full group.

They should put 1,2,3 togethers in two different team. Then 4,5,6,7 together in two different team. then 8,9,10 into two different team.

This would be a “balanced” MM for closed matches.

in PvP

Paulytnz.7619

Top 20% MMR got paired with Bottom 20% MMR and are going versus AVERAGE MMR players.

This means, that the other team have more chance than being average than having the same configuration than you. For population we have much more average players than terribad or decent players.

So even if you carry far 1v2 capped for your team all matches, if you got 2 super terribad players fighting off-point and dying each 20 sec (I got a lot of that yesterday)… well you lose versus AVERAGE MMR.

This Means, your MMR is dropping like candies, because the system match you with the worse of players…

This means that you will lose your best players, because they don’t want to suffer that again.

So, your average players got to play with those terribad one for the last month of the seasons… you will QQ about queue time and how bad players make those games for you… but it was for us, at the start of the season.

Unranked matches are way better than any League one for proper MMR. Terribad rarely meet good players in there. It’s AVG with GOOD, AVG with BAD.

Hmm this is interesting if true and new to me and not what I thought I read from what was posted from the Devs….

However we have 5 people on each team right so the question would be:

If the top 20% are being paired with the bottom 20% you would think 2 players on 1 team are the top 20% and the other 2 are the bottom 20%. So where does the 5th person come from? Bottom again or middle? I think that would make the difference, well in my mind anyway……

If another top 20% you should be expecting to win more often if you are the top. If another bottom then yes maybe bad for the top 20%. If middle, ideal situation? I guess only the metrics could tell us and of course only anet has access to that.

So the question is, where are we each individually? Are we in the middle, bottom or top? From what people are saying here the top and bottom 20% are screwed while the middle are better off? I also guess sometimes we may fall in all of these categories ourselves sooner or later and we may even see it happening already thus the win/loss sort of nature.

For myself I have had 41 games so far this season with 26 wins so I guess most often I have been in the middle? No idea what to make of all of this tbh. Either way I am going up slowly it seems but the fights are definitely far better for me than they were last season and I am actually getting better win streaks than loss streaks.

But still, I would prefer a system that I thought it was. Take 10 ppl from the pool and put them in a match. Take the top 2 and put one on each team and continue that until you have 2 teams made. Would that not be the fairest system? It seems no matter what they do each season they want it to favour/please a certain % of the population and then change it the next season. Sounds familiar, pretty much how the flavour/cheese of the month/season classes/builds are working too…

Edit: changed the numbers of games play/win ratio as I confirmed from logging in rather than guesstimates.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in PvP

LordKage.9135

I couldn’t have said it any better myself