Season Four Ruined by Dragon Hunters

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Ok, so it’s a “the new apex predator” kind of thing?

But I thought the “Apex Predator” title was supposed to be reserved for Thieves :-(

Well, at least the Thief still roams around “hunting” like a predator… even though it only hunts for fellow Thieves while running away from everyone else.

The Dragonhunter is more of a “Get in my belly!” type of predator that just stands there on point while waiting for others to willingly feed it… and they do just because of the sheer futility in trying to do anything else.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in PvP

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Dude I’ve had literally over 13 of my friends PM me today all saying quote on quote “I am so tilted” today. This match making is driving people bonkers. Full premades (even if they win) still have problems with pug dragonhunter team comps when there is 2+ stacked against them. I sadly don’t have the privilege to do team comps, and this solo queue literally feels like im willingly beating my nuts with a hammer.

+1 blood pressure.
+1 anger.
+1 im gonna get suspended for 3 months again because i’ll rage at someone who probably deserves it.

(edited by DoomKnightMax.6592)

in PvP

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Trap stacking is the real issue here, they should add a trap damage reduction while trap stacking, the more trap stacked the more damage reduction…. 3 DH with 9+ traps stacking at a point is not a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You know what feels good? Seeing that full trap guard with Procession of Blades, as a Zeal support bruiser DH, knowing he’s probably going to kill himself from team wide retal. I know I’ve made it happen before.

You know why it feels good? Because this is turret engi level of skill. The build is broken.

What build is broken?

WTF are you talking about???! Are you reading this thread? DH you dimwit. I win close to 100% of my games when I am on or have 2+ DHs on my team. The damage to vulnerability ratio does not exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Played with my friend the other day

We counted to see how many games in a row had 3+ Dragonhunters on the other team

It was 3 in a row, broken by a match with only 2 of them

DH is dumb because of all the cc and sustain of the build. I can send my pet on to a point (thank god) and he’ll be cc’ed 3 or 4 times just for existing in the wrong spot. Its dumb af.

Same friend and I are trying out a dh for our team comp, and he LITERALLY spams all his abilities off cooldown. And he kills my friend over and over again (who takes pride in his skill and kills ESL players).

tl;dr

DH is faceroll and IS ruining S4

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You know what feels good? Seeing that full trap guard with Procession of Blades, as a Zeal support bruiser DH, knowing he’s probably going to kill himself from team wide retal. I know I’ve made it happen before.

You know why it feels good? Because this is turret engi level of skill. The build is broken.

What build is broken?

WTF are you talking about???! Are you reading this thread? DH you dimwit. I win close to 100% of my games when I am on or have 2+ DHs on my team. The damage to vulnerability ratio does not exist.

DH is not a build, it’s an elite spec. Please learn the proper use of the terms. When we use the word build, we mean which combination of selected traits/utilities/weapons are you referring to? That is, are you talking about a bruiser? A bunker? A medi trapper? A full trapper? All of these builds use the DH elite trait line, so saying DH is a useless distinction.

Are you even familiar with these distinctions, or should i presume you have a profound lack of understanding on this subject?

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

What build is broken?

DH is not a build, it’s an elite spec. Please learn the proper use of the terms. When we use the word build, we mean which combination of selected traits/utilities/weapons are you referring to? That is, are you talking about a bruiser? A bunker? A medi trapper? A full trapper? All of these builds use the DH elite trait line, so saying DH is a useless distinction.

Are you even familiar with these distinctions, or should i presume you have a profound lack of understanding on this subject?

Ya everyone is playing DH as a condi roamer, that sounds about right. Stop being dense. If you don’t know what spec DHs are running you aren’t experienced enough to be a part of this conversation.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

What build is broken?

Ya everyone is playing DH as a condi roamer, that sounds about right. Stop being dense. If you don’t know what spec DHs are running you aren’t experienced enough to be a part of this conversation.

Why don’t you enlighten us? I can think off the top of my head at least 5 different builds that I have seen Dragonhunters running. If you are going to make a QQ post, at the very least, point out a proper build, traits, skills or whatever that you think is out of tune.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Thats why Anet will separate pvp from pve and wvw. While trap stacking is powerful in pvp, DH is one of the weakest class in pve and wvw. And while druids are mediocre in pvp they are best class for roaming in wvw that can 1 vs 3 easily.

in PvP

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

druid being mediocre in pvp? its just the best support class in game right now and destroys your apex predator dragonhunter in 1vs1 (also a proper played scrapper beats, atleast doesnt lose against dh and revenant has an advantage against dh and its possible to beat dh with condi necro/reaper, becouse dh doesnt have enough condiclear to cleanse everything)

guys i have a suggestion, learn to play gw2 pvp (you dont have to facetank traps, you are allowed to move out of them, or not to step in them to avoid trapdmg)

die Gedanken sind frei

(edited by livlaender.8790)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

druid being mediocre in pvp? its just the best support class in game right now and destroys your apex predator dragonhunter in 1vs1 (also a proper played scrapper beats, atleast doesnt lose against dh and revenant has an advantage against dh and its possible to beat dh with condi necro/reaper, becouse dh doesnt have enough condiclear to cleanse everything)

guys i have a suggestion, learn to play gw2 pvp (you dont have to facetank traps, you are allowed to move out of them, or not to step in them to avoud trapdmg)

Back to back, I’ve been having a combination of Thieves, Mesmers and Engi’s who gets obliterated vs DH while i’m over here trying to carry as I 1v3 far for 20s.

I’ve seen these classes do well on a given comp vs DH but… there’s just so many players who can’t rotate around a duo DH zerg, who eat preplaced traps on point, or burst a DH when he’s has full health and F3 easily accessible. Simply put, players are having difficulty reading fights.

It’s nothing but a matchmaking issue at this point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Fun experiment: try running a 5 man premade with 5 DH all running the symbol build but instead use zeal and shattered aeigis.

lol will ensue

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

You forget what it was like pre HoT it was so balanced that people only quit because it was boring.Every op thing was not viable in Tpvp and only viable 1 vs 1

Uhhh no. I remember the mes/ele cancer very well. Ranger was garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Back to back, I’ve been having a combination of Thieves, Mesmers and Engi’s who gets obliterated vs DH while i’m over here trying to carry as I 1v3 far for 20s.

I’ve seen these classes do well on a given comp vs DH but… there’s just so many players who can’t rotate around a duo DH zerg, who eat preplaced traps on point, or burst a DH when he’s has full health and F3 easily accessible. Simply put, players are having difficulty reading fights.

It’s nothing but a matchmaking issue at this point.

Sort of. DH is also the best duelist in tournies atm, but pub DH won’t be doing nearly as well as them so they should be an easy clean up.

DH is not as good as rev/druid/engi in 3v3, but they are still arguably the top pick of the tourny since they are solid at teamfights and maybe the best 1v1.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I cant believe people still rush mindlessy to traps, ignoring the animation and the annoying “pewsh” sound.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

I cant believe people still rush mindlessy to traps, ignoring the animation and the annoying “pewsh” sound.

That’s why I had zero respect for DHs before I tried playing one. Then I realized it’s actually pretty easy to put a trap down in a big team fight or when someone has blown their defenses/dodges. It really takes very little effort when most skills on both weapon swaps as well as your utilities are a big attack and also has built in defense.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

What build is broken?

Why don’t you enlighten us? I can think off the top of my head at least 5 different builds that I have seen Dragonhunters running. If you are going to make a QQ post, at the very least, point out a proper build, traits, skills or whatever that you think is out of tune.

I suspect the poor fellow didn’t understand what build Lucentfir was referring to, but that’s okay. I almost feel embarrassed for him.

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I love people like you who defense DH is balanced, when you don’t even that DH can teleport right on top of u and just drop traps and u die…. And if people don’t know if the traps are there, eventually people will run into it.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I love all the dimwits blathering about “stupid people stepping on traps.” Traps are nearly insta cast PBAoE. The issue is when you loose your evades and are in the middle of a big fight and a DH insta poops a kill shot PBAoE on yer kitten . Or it knocks you back and forth with pulls and pushes. Or better yet, a Mesmer gravity wells you into them. Or a Rev staff 5s you 20 ft onto one. How about that? The stinking traps activate so fast a DH can run up and poop on you while another class has you in a 1-2s stun, taunt, immob, knockdown/back whatever.

If you want to call theses insta cast magi-poopy things traps than give them a reasonable arm time. Make the DH sit still for 1s to arm it. Give us a chance to interrupt it. Then we can talk traps. These are insta poop magic bombs.

I could live with the traps, but half my skills miss as well. block block block blind ageis block block block ageis blind. This kitten wouldn’t be a big deal if we were not talking about a point capture game.

DH was useless last 3 seasons, and most of us miss them. Give DH better utility, survivability, weapon damage, whatever. Not this kitten crap. Cut block duration in half, but increase blocking skills. Make the gameplay more active. Introduce more skills to cut through blocks, etc. Maybe make the traps like rangers where they pulse smaller amounts of damage over longer time periods.

The problem with DH is how it pairs with other classes, especially Revenant and to a lesser extent Mesmer and warrior. Not how it survives in a 1v1 situation.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I love people like you who defense DH is balanced, when you don’t even that DH can teleport right on top of u and just drop traps and u die…. And if people don’t know if the traps are there, eventually people will run into it.

Only players who die to a Judges Intervention + ToF combo are bad thieves… sorry dude but every single complaint you have about DH are utterly QQ rants.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Only players who die to a Judges Intervention + ToF combo are bad thieves… sorry dude but every single complaint you have about DH are utterly QQ rants.

Ofc it’s from a DH youtuber ^^

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Rofl this place is unreal, again crying about DHs like in launch.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Rofl this place is unreal, again crying about DHs like in launch.

These noobs just need to equip a defensive amulet that has a small amount of healing and toughness, and they would be all set… Ha ha ha!

What? They removed all amulets like that?!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I love all the dimwits blathering about “stupid people stepping on traps.” Traps are nearly insta cast PBAoE. The issue is when you loose your evades and are in the middle of a big fight and a DH insta poops a kill shot PBAoE on yer kitten . Or it knocks you back and forth with pulls and pushes. Or better yet, a Mesmer gravity wells you into them. Or a Rev staff 5s you 20 ft onto one. How about that? The stinking traps activate so fast a DH can run up and poop on you while another class has you in a 1-2s stun, taunt, immob, knockdown/back whatever.

If you want to call theses insta cast magi-poopy things traps than give them a reasonable arm time. Make the DH sit still for 1s to arm it. Give us a chance to interrupt it. Then we can talk traps. These are insta poop magic bombs.

I could live with the traps, but half my skills miss as well. block block block blind ageis block block block ageis blind. This kitten wouldn’t be a big deal if we were not talking about a point capture game.

DH was useless last 3 seasons, and most of us miss them. Give DH better utility, survivability, weapon damage, whatever. Not this kitten crap. Cut block duration in half, but increase blocking skills. Make the gameplay more active. Introduce more skills to cut through blocks, etc. Maybe make the traps like rangers where they pulse smaller amounts of damage over longer time periods.

The problem with DH is how it pairs with other classes, especially Revenant and to a lesser extent Mesmer and warrior. Not how it survives in a 1v1 situation.

Cut block duration on what exactly? The only channeled block is F3 and it’s on a 65 second CD, and can be reused with renewed focus which is on a 75 second CD if you take the valor line.

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Alot of people say they are fine and alot of people say they are op

I say, just play more DH so everyone is a DH and the game will be finally balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

So if a DH is unkillable and yet can kill everyone one handed then what would happen if everyone rolls a DH ? A paradox that’s what! And it will destroy Tyria.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

What build is broken?

This build is broken.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

What build is broken?

This build is broken.

Switch paladin amulet for marauder and then change smite for contemplation, and judge’s for fragments of faith and then you got yourself a real killer.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

What build is broken?

This build is broken.

Switch paladin amulet for marauder and then change smite for contemplation, and judge’s for fragments of faith and then you got yourself a real killer.

Depends on the enemy team-comp.

If they have a lot of condi, marauder’s is best amulet.

If they have a lot of power (other DH’s, thieves, scrappers, druids), then demolisher’s is best (same as marauder, but with toughness instead of vit) with speed runes instead of traveler. This is the kit I play with mostly.

The utilities are at your discretion, but if you are going to take 3 traps, you should probably play medi-trapper with longbow, virtues, and maybe trapper runes (depending on your playstyle).

There are a lot of build variations that work, which with GW2’s power-creep usually means there is something OP that is making all of them viable. The power-creep in GW2 generally corners each class into 1 build, so when you have multiple that are near the same level of power, SOMETHING is very much over-performing.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Trapper runes?

lol

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Trapper runes?

lol

The stealth + superspeed makes for easy disengage. Some of the pro-league players have even used them in the past when DH was taken.

A little gimmick-y but if it fits your play-style…

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I don’t see how DH is the strongest profession atm.
It is strong,but nowhere near as op as War and Mesmer and Necro.
It’s more an issue of the game mode that is all about fighting in a small radius circle in order to contest points.
That’s what amplifies the effect their traps have in combat,but I would rather go against a DH to a Warrior any time.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I don’t see how DH is the strongest profession atm.
It is strong,but nowhere near as op as War and Mesmer and Necro.

Dragonhunter is supposed to win those matchups…

That’s what amplifies the effect their traps have in combat,but I would rather go against a DH to a Warrior any time.

It’s not about the traps.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

I think Anet should only allow one dragonhunter per team, trap spam is redicilously unfun if you fight 2-4 dragon hunters

If ANET ever decides to do that it should apply to all classes. Because trust me after next patch another class will be op and people will be saying OMG i just faced 4 <insert class here> and got wrecked. Please stop more than 1 of that class in a match.

We’ve been asking for an end to class stacking since before HoT launched. It’s never gonna happen regardless of how broken stacking [x class] makes the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

I have exactly 3 games played on a DH (got sick of dying to them so I made one).

JI+ToF instagibs most players. I have downed if not outright killed good DH’s, thieves, necros, warrs, and revs. In fact I think the only class I haven’t downed in 1-2 seconds with JI+ToF is druids, and that’s only because I can’t friggin catch them (I do kill them eventually but it takes 10-15 seconds). I was 3 and 51 this season on my rev, 0 and 25 on my warr, 0 and 1 on my mesmer (I suck at mesmer and freely admit that but we lost soooo horribly bad I can’t take all the blame), and 3:0 on my DH (which I have the least playtime with). My DH has never been killed in sPVP so far, and I’m running Dragons Maw instead of my invuln.

That’s how OP they are.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

were you playing thief in those matches? because prof rep is screwed if you always play same class, you should remove yourself from statistic

yea thats true, bit of an oversight. only 3 daredevils then since i only count once.

You can’t really just discount yourself as you also have an effect on your data sample by simply being there on thief regardless. Others might have switched or stuck depending on your choice.

The only way to truly get a good unbiased sample would be to spectate games which you can’t do so as to have no effect on what classes people pick.

I’d suggest number the classes 1-9 then using an RNG to pick one for each game, at least it randomises your data entries to some extent unless you know of some private servers people play on which you can observe.

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Now it is DH, before it was Engi, before that necro…so what? Learn to counter it. Don’t wait for some miraclous build on metabattle.

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

Give thfs trap detection and disable. Same as rev and eng have stealth detect and brake

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Pixid.2817

Pixid.2817

3 games into the season, bold claims sir. lol.
Yeah it is lame seeing ~4 dh every game, a little too easy to play at a mediocre skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

DH are the easiest/most rewarding class to play, therefore it’s the perfect class to switch to when your class becomes unfairly underpowered like the elementalist.

However they aren’t the most OP class, in the hands of really skilled players the Scraper and Berserker are just unkillable, kinda like the virtuoso celestial elementalists we used to have around before Anet destroyed the class, but they hit way harder.

Druids are also annoyingly OP in the hands of skilled players, it’s mostly due to the buffs they’ve had all over the pace.

Condis needs to be tuned down globally (it wasn’t broken until Anet broke it). It’s going to fix a lot of broken OP builds like condi-mesmer.

So, strongest class when mastered in my opinion:
Berserk > Scraper > Druid > Mes > DH > Rest of classes > Elementalist

Classes requiring the least amount of skill to win:
DH > Druid > Bersek > Rev > Rest of classes

Even if they fix all of this, it’s not going to fix the elementalist problem of not having an amulet that works with the attunements trait lines and doing equal damage with less hp and defenses.

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

That’s why I had zero respect for DHs before I tried playing one. Then I realized it’s actually pretty easy to put a trap down in a big team fight or when someone has blown their defenses/dodges. It really takes very little effort when most skills on both weapon swaps as well as your utilities are a big attack and also has built in defense.

In big team fight when another players has is defensive skills on CD, any class can auto-atack pretty hard for a win, not only DH….with traps..
I keep saying as a DH/Guardian traps was the most weak solution to have it, to brainless to play it, yet a bit dangerous if u cath a decent player, for several reasons, people dont learn, and game not evolving in a decent way, not giving much space for other to tune up their builds.

But the issue that many players dont see is that GW2 is a skilless game overhall(i guess it was designed to be like that), and people blame classes, theres alot of mindless aoe\cleave spam, players know they only need to use certain skill order to win under certain circumstances, and DH trapper is really good at that cause its very effective in this power creep game since some classes are a bit forced to play squishy builds(DH love squishies), the pvp team tried to balance by removing what was a bit gamebreaking on other classes and that also damaged classes that werent op under those stats.
A DH cant do nothing a sturdy build… and alot of classes can be much more sturdier/surviability than a guardian/DH under some stats, wards would be much more rewarding and less damaging for pvp than the trap gimmick.

For some reason Gw2 is know to be a joke of a game when we talk about pvp, as much the pvp team works to make a pleasent game, others dont seem to undeerstand what is important to gammers today, besides gw2 is unpleasent to se in a video pvping, its a bit brainless, many players are just used to being carried by stats under some classes.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

In big team fight when another players has is defensive skills on CD, any class can auto-atack pretty hard for a win, not only DH….with traps..

You make a good point, but a DH can be on a marauder amulet and standing in the middle of the action while doing that. So many of their big attacks also heal them. I honestly didn’t even realize the skills were healing me for several games until I read the tool tips and was like “oh no wonder I can’t die.” (Except if you played with me last night, sorry I was drunk.)

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

You make a good point, but a DH can be on a marauder amulet and standing in the middle of the action while doing that. So many of their big attacks also heal them. I honestly didn’t even realize the skills were healing me for several games until I read the tool tips and was like “oh no wonder I can’t die.” (Except if you played with me last night, sorry I was drunk.)

The skill healing you, theres nothing wron on it, purification,u can also have heals on blocks, even we have a change to burn and do damage on block, that is pretty cool, even remove condi on block.

The issue is the #to much mindless and effective aoe# and spam of those skills, gw2 is a skilless game, theres alot of short CD aoe skills, traps inclueded, but not only the traps it is the overall classes that work like this, they designed a aoeish pve, and those classes are being directly put to fight in pvp, this is more than obvious that results on a awfull pvp game, all player need to play is best aoe busrter witch atm is DH due how pvp now is heavy on power creep.

The real issuel in pvp is the skill system and stats unbalance not DH traps alone, they are avoidable but migh be to much on how the game is being played with the sum of all AOE burst and condi busrts from some classes.
I would apreciate if Anet thinks on PVP first then adapt to PVE, that will result on a much better experience for players, and less complains for the company, starting reducing skills number of targets would be a good change, people need to know wich target to atack and not just drop skill because know it will hit several ones

Skills need a little more character animations (DH traps) less eye blind flashes, less aoe, and make aoe on some classes CD a bit longer or different effects (more clever fights).
Overall means less shinny stuff and more visual compenent than look at lights.

And sorry for the bad english.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: rian.9708

rian.9708

as a main guardian:
-since HoT release all we seen were nerf after nerf after nerf to the point where ppl were asking you to change at high lvl pvp.
-season 3 decided to go only with guardian to legend and did it even if it was a total pain from half diamond up,you were on top of your game or you were food:))

The problem its not DH ,the problem is class stacking,not only dh but mesmer or warr or druid or rev,same as 2 guards stack traps same could be said and its even more deadly 2 warrs hitting you with mace F1 insta death or with mesmer(2x shatter) same with druids same with necro ,its class stacking what ruins most matches and pvp in general