Sensotix' Thoughts On The Dezember Patch

in PvP

Posted by: CanadianZombie.6095

CanadianZombie.6095

The healing signet effects can easily be countered and when you actually activate it, it barely does any healing, it is not OP. It’s like saying that the guardians healing that makes him invulnerable for a certain while is OP, cause not only does it not allow you to do the finishing blow it gives a fairly decent amount of health. I play both classes and I don’t want either of their healing skills to be “fixed” to your standards.

Warrior is also one of those classes that is always in the action, constantly being poisoned and given bleeds while lighter armored fellows stand in the back and give support/dps. To me it makes sense, being in front of everyone makes it to easy to be hit by these bleeding type effects so warriors needed something to counter act it. Bleeding effects can easily counter act it and deal still some extra damage. It is simply reduced.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warriors are supposed to be the “tank” in guild wars 2.

healing signet is working as intended for that purpose.

remember, guild wars 2 is a team game.

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Absolutely spot on with the condition suggestions, ESPECIALLY torment. Day 1 since its introduction I have claimed that its extremely op and it 100% is. Seriously, kittening impale the OH warrior sword #4 can deal well over 10k damage if you move continuously, and that can be achieved without having to sacrifice survivability like a zerker would need to do to achieve the same damage.

Burning totally needs to be around 200 dps base. I’m tired of seeing power wars run lb because burning is so good even without cd.

Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Torment: change the skill so it does double dmg while the target is not moving (in a game where good positioning and movement is a key to win a fight moving should not be punished) it also can lead to nice combinations with stun and immobilise

I think it should also be noted that torment is designed incorrectly for one of the implementations. The warriors torment lasts too long to not move, the ability should be low duration high damage if you move so it actually feels like something different and not just another damage condi.

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

If Diamond Skin is passive, what about Berserker’s Power? It also requires that you keep a meter full, but it’s “passive” in that it doesn’t require you to press a button to activate it.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warrior’s berserker stance is not passive play by the way.

it needs to be activated, the duration is 8 seconds or 10 seconds with sure footed trait.

the recharge time is 60 seconds so the down time is 52 seconds or 50 seconds.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

If Diamond Skin is passive, what about Berserker’s Power? It also requires that you keep a meter full, but it’s “passive” in that it doesn’t require you to press a button to activate it.

it is passive, working as intended. i dun use it though.
Adrenaline stage 1: 5%
Adrenaline stage 2: 10%
Adrenaline stage 3: 15%

only + 15% extra damage at stage 3 adrenaline bar.
when they use their burst skill the extra damage is lost anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

it is passive, working as intended. i dun use it though.
Adrenaline stage 1: 5%
Adrenaline stage 2: 10%
Adrenaline stage 3: 15%

only + 15% extra damage at stage 3 adrenaline bar.
when they use their burst skill the extra damage is lost anyway.

Right, but it makes you think differently about your playstyle in order to get the benefit of the trait.

You have to decide whether to use the burst skill or keep the +15% damage. You would be more likely to save it until your opponent is low on health, and then the burst skill could finish them off and you wouldn’t have to worry about losing the %15 bonus. Or maybe there’s a better strategy, I don’t know… I’ve never actually used the trait.

I think it just illustrates the need for a better definition of “passive,” or maybe we just need to reconsider whether it’s really such a bad thing (in moderation). This trait (Berserker’s Power) seems to encourage less frequent use of the burst skill (which could be seen as “passive”), but it makes you “actively” consider the best time to use it. Kind of like signets, or guardian virtues, or engineer turrets (and their respective gadgets), or mesmer clones/shatters… The list goes on.

Diamond Skin is just another example of an apparently “passive” feature granting complexity to the game. It may not require direct activation, but it encourages the player to think critically (some refer to this phenomenon as “skill”). It’s true that with too many such components, the game could feel too slow because we’re all lost in thought and mental calculations. However, I don’t think we’re at that point yet, since there always seems to be some guy swinging something heavy and running into combat shouting his own name; that always seems to get things rolling pretty well, but if everyone did it, the game would be boring (though fast-paced).

I’m all for complex (yet not enigmatic) gameplay.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

^ aaah i see. okies.

hmm regarding diamond skin. i dunno. i dun play elementalist in sPvP.

but, how much effort will it take to reduce an elementalist’s health from 100% to 89% without conditions?

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Your a good player man but diamond skin is not a passive trait it is a conditional trait where the player must satisfy a condition too gain the benefit of the trait =\= a signet which gives a static bonus, the truest definition of a passive.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I would rather a larger base switch before going into all these details, they are nicely written fixes for the details though, don’t get me wrong.

GW2 is balanced around extremes, you either need high power a good source of crit chance along with crit dmg (to deal viable physical dmg), if you can’t, since physical dmg stats scale so much off of each other, you will deal negiligble physical dmg and be forced into bunker or condi/half-bunk…

That is crippling GW2, the build diversity blows, no matter where the meta is, high phys dmg (scrubs hate dying in a blink of an eye), condi (everyone hates being helpless and losing to players that are waaaay worse than them) or bunk (plz god no) many people are going to be annoyed….

That’s a core issue in GW2 and won’t change with minor tweaks to balance.
If stats scaled differently, like crit dmg was bonus dmg based off of the base ability dmg (barely if at all scaling with power), then more middle of the line power specs would open up, more power/condi specs would open up, the meta would explode…

What would be great is that then the game could then move over a large chunk of the condi dmg over to physical (high dmg specs that use conditions would be dealing that high dmg partly through physical dmg since phys dmg already has good play/counter play) that would also let condi dmg better fits the cleansing in the game (a nice perc but not god-kitten necessary to stack as much as possible).

That’s the only way I see GW2 surviving after new MMOs are released…
It’s the only step I can see to allowing this shenanigans to begin to play like a real AAA MMO.

Before the game came out I suggested this suspicion that the game would suffer due to the amount of stats one could chug into one area, forcing the glass cannon or immovable object specs being the most viable ones. But much like 90% of good comments in their early beta they ignored them…… ironicly changes people made back then, they’re just NOW starting to do….guess it took the game losing 100,000+ active pvp players for them to acknowledge they werent perfect and their community wasn’t stupid. Not to sound cynical but it is what it is.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

do they even had 100k spvp players?

i thought the highest was 17k spvp players.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Torment: change the skill so it does double dmg while the target is not moving (in a game where good positioning and movement is a key to win a fight moving should not be punished) it also can lead to nice combinations with stun and immobilise

I think it should also be noted that torment is designed incorrectly for one of the implementations. The warriors torment lasts too long to not move, the ability should be low duration high damage if you move so it actually feels like something different and not just another damage condi.

i agree here! good point

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Tossing this gem in here for relevance as well as quality and more in-depth feedback on conditions.

Also, the problem with diamond skin, next to its arguably passive side, is how easy it normally is/was for eles to reset their health. Next to aoe spam on a node, it is the one thing I remember them most for, at least.

Moreover, please note that an ele will still be immune to snaring when above 90%, and that is massive. It will make it impossible to snare them even if they come in range for it (in that regard, the trait is even more pasive than berserker’s stance), and the classes lacking easy access to swiftness/teleports really need to get that chill, cripple or immobilize in to be able to do actual damage afterwards. By granting a class such an immunity, you allow them to be FAR more ballsy and don’t punish bad decisions on when to engage, or partially engage (i.e. even if you came in range for a snare, you can easily get out as long as you didn’t eat too much damage).

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

war,mesmer,thief should not have torment becouse they have high mobility or good sustain , torment should be necros unique condition only becouse lack of mobility and on necro to stack torment u need to be 600 range and chanel the skill so in my opoinion torment is good atm only on necro

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Your a good player man but diamond skin is not a passive trait it is a conditional trait where the player must satisfy a condition too gain the benefit of the trait =\= a signet which gives a static bonus, the truest definition of a passive.

hm the problem is I don’t know how to put it
Let’s say it like this
necromancer is getting waterfall an elementalist (as a fast roamer) tries to hold the point neutral and tries to fight the necro…at the start of the duel the elementalist has a huge advantage because he doesnt suffer from any conditions…and when using the signet that heals on skill usage in combination with valkyrie amulet he can passively stay above the 90% easily against the necro and it doesn’t require any skill there that’s the problem i see

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

Senso is right , ofc we can have some counter builds/traits but one trait that can hard counter whole necro build just bleh

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

“Chill: remove that it slows down enemies..”
What should chill do then?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

obviously slow down the skill recharge

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

but.. it’s the necro’s only chance to catch other professions…
I suppose getting necro mobility on par with all other professions as a counter..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

I suppose getting necro mobility on par with all other professions as a counter..

i would buff necro with giving him access to more crippling skills

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

hm the problem is I don’t know how to put it
Let’s say it like this
necromancer is getting waterfall an elementalist (as a fast roamer) tries to hold the point neutral and tries to fight the necro…at the start of the duel the elementalist has a huge advantage because he doesnt suffer from any conditions…and when using the signet that heals on skill usage in combination with valkyrie amulet he can passively stay above the 90% easily against the necro and it doesn’t require any skill there that’s the problem i see

It doesnt require absolutely no skill because the trait will be the definition of a hard counter.Necro cant cc,damage or snare the ele at all.Its god mode for your example.
But the moment you bring some power damage into the mix or the scenario of a teamfight you get a lot of active gameplay from thsi trait..both from the side of the ele and the side of the enemies.
I think it cant be total immunity.They obviously cant raise the hp bar cause it would be stupid and useless.Perhpas if condies were an aid and not the source/nuke of damage they are now it would have been better world for this trait to exist.
Maybe make it affect only damaging conditions or make it work with stacks.
Like while being above lets say 75 % hp each condi application cnsumes a stack.When stacks run out or you drop below 75 % conditions can be applied.Each sec above 75 % restores a stack etc..
See!! anothe “passive” trait that wouldnt make necros break their keyboards :P

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

So that is a no then, in that case i strongly dissagree and declare all your future opinions invalid without reason..^^
necro’s need mobility buff’s.

E.A.D.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

So that is a no then, in that case i strongly dissagree and declare all your future opinions invalid without reason..^^

you cant give necro more mobility in a fight otherwise it will be op…with the huge condi output and decent sustain against a few enemies and good positioning in a tf a necro will be impossible to kill if you give him mobility as well
it would be like warrior..nice damage nice sustain nice condi remove nice cc nice heal and then nice mobility ..would be too much trust me

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

you cant give necro more mobility in a fight otherwise it will be op…with the huge condi output and decent sustain against a few enemies and good positioning in a tf a necro will be impossible to kill if you give him mobility as well
it would be like warrior..nice damage nice sustain nice condi remove nice cc nice heal and then nice mobility ..would be too much trust me

iow roll warrior ^^
ok i get the message XD

E.A.D.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

iow roll warrior ^^
ok i get the message XD

i hope warrior will be in a more balanced spot soon

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

or make zerkstance,AR and diamond efect only condis that deal dmg , but still u can fear,criple,weaknes,chill etc?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I like the diamond skin change. It’s a reward for an already very active health management system, for bunker ele only.

Bunker ele is largely unviable right now, and the trait is easily countered in a team fight.

Also… power meta inc.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

This is what i mentioned on page one already.
If you change the conditions and how they work, then you have to REBALANCE all the weapon skills and traits and utilities and… i dont know what else.

Forsaker and others pointed out, that the slow from chill is important for the necro. Also there is the trait on necro which chills if you blind anyone – which would be nice, but necro has only two blinds as far as i remember. And you also want to make blinds instant. Again necro as example: You want the dagger 4 skill to be instant? Keep in mind this skill includes condition transfer! (Of course you know that, i know you are a decent player, all i want so say is: Even if you change less it will affect a lot stuff. Balancing IS a hard job, a VERY HARD job).

Don’t get me wrong, i like this thread and i really apreciate that you take all the time to work this out and write it down.

We all hate the condition spam! (Maybe except of the main necros and the condition warriors :P) But i think changing the way conditions work right now is not the best way. You ask for constructive feedback and not just QQ… To be honest im not sure what to do about condition spam… But i think changing ALL the weapon skills and traits AND sigills and runes would be the way to go. So i would rather split this discussion about condition spam into seperate sup threads for each profession. The goal would be do give every profession a viable condition build, imo.

EDIT:
A viable build, that is not based on condition spamming! Maybe it would be enough to get something like a condition supporter, which is not primary using DMG conditions but rather weakness and blind or vulnerability and chill as team support…
The only condition that i would chance is chill, i would prever if it would work like “Diversion” in gw1. So if you cast a skill into chill the recast duration is reduced overall and not just for the duration of chill… but this would equire chill to last not as long as now… which would weaken the slow…. da beist sich die katze in den schwanz

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

I like the diamond skin change. It’s a reward for an already very active health management system, for bunker ele only.

Bunker ele is largely unviable right now, and the trait is easily countered in a team fight.

Also… power meta inc.

i rather expect a bunker meta to hit…we already see teams just focusing on decapping points..with double guard double engi thief
we might see a spike meta as well to counter the bunker meta ..but then again whats the place of a necro in it then?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Halting Strike… not dodgeable?…. WHAT??

Yes. Halting Strike damages an opponent if a Mesmer successfully interrupts their cast. So it requires a precise attack at a precise time to score the damage.

That’s exactly why I am absolutely flabbergasted by the comment that Halting Strike is instant and undodgeable. How the heck does a skill that requires such timing, become instant and undodgeable?

People were complaining that the old shutdown mesmer wasn’t available anymore, it becomes available and all of a sudden, Halting Strike is OP? So what the OP and some of you guys are saying is that you don’t want the Mesmer to be rewarded for successfully timing an interrupt?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Yes. Halting Strike damages an opponent if a Mesmer successfully interrupts their cast. So it requires a precise attack at a precise time to score the damage.

That’s exactly why I am absolutely flabbergasted by the comment that Halting Strike is instant and undodgeable. How the heck does a skill that requires such timing, become instant and undodgeable?

People were complaining that the old shutdown mesmer wasn’t available anymore, it becomes available and all of a sudden, Halting Strike is OP? So what the OP and some of you guys are saying is that you don’t want the Mesmer to be rewarded for successfully timing an interrupt?

well i see your point but no one times his interrupts..because the clones reach the target at random times and chaos storm is also random
you can of course dodge the clones and the knock from time to time and i never said that halting strike is op..its just that it also is instant damage which you cant predict..ofc you need much more skill to interrupt an enemy than just switching to air for the instant lighting strike but still it is instant damage and instant damage as well as too much immunity destroy a balanced game…there is almost no counterplay to a timed interrupt

in PvP

Dirame.8521

well i see your point but no one times his interrupts..because the clones reach the target at random times and chaos storm is also random
you can of course dodge the clones and the knock from time to time and i never said that halting strike is op..its just that it also is instant damage which you cant predict..ofc you need much more skill to interrupt an enemy than just switching to air for the instant lighting strike but still it is instant damage and instant damage as well as too much immunity destroy a balanced game…there is almost no counterplay to a timed interrupt

Nah, instant damage is lightning strike like you said. Halting Strike is not instant. Even if you drop a Chaos storm on someone, you may only interrupt them once, you may not even interrupt them at all. Even if you diversion shatter on someone, you may only interrupt them once, it’s a dice roll.
Yes 4k damage repeatedly is a lot of damage, but the person who is casting a skill whilst getting repeatedly dazed is the person making the choice to take that damage, you have nothing to do with that apart from choosing when to use diversion.

If they don’t want to take the damage, they should choose better times to activate skills or they should start learning to juke mesmers like people did in GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: dasmurmeltier.8521

dasmurmeltier.8521

Well, i’ve read your post. Warrior changes are needed, indeed. Its weird how they can be invincible for a few secs. Though theres a reason why there is smth. like that i guess. Its just like with the condition immunity of the engineer. Try to play vs a good condition class without it. You’ll die. You cant dodge everything. I’d rather do smth. about the condition ‘burst’ of engineers and necros (though it hurts my heart to say that as an engineer player).
Its propably a good idea to start at the conditions itself. You did that too Sensotix. I agree with the criple, fear and propably with the bleeding stuff.
Torment? Hm. I hope you forgot to write there that ppl should only get half of the dmg of what they are getting right now while they are moving. Otherwise, the change of double dmg while not moving wouldnt make that much sense. If you want to punish ppl for not moving around, go all the way :P
Other stuff like burning, chilling and so on… Im not quite sure about that. But its rather possible that all the condition classes would be useless then. Ppl would have to use their conditions more carefully. Propably. Im not sure if ppl would make the effort if you can play on a easier way. Like playing offguard. Or s/d – thief ( that WILL be still kittening strong after the upcoming patch, no worries). Or the god kitten knockback-engi, that seems to be getting popular. I personally dont like the idea of just pushing ppl around and not fighting them, but it seems to be easier. I imagine that the tank/knockback – meta will be getting more popular then too (its already popular though, i know…).

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

- Lyssa Runes – the IDC of 75-90 would be ok
- fresh Air – like others mentioned be4 me, it’s not the issue. The issue is 2much instant skills combined with arcanes and combos u can create of them.
-Halting strike is unrelyable – u can actually only rupt heals or key skills with gs5 or pistol, sword 4 is slow, daze from shatter takes time be4 ur clones go close (if they r not), staff 5 is chance to proc in random moment. So its more random I guess. But if u menage to land interrupt in right moment (like heal) i think it should be rewarded for paying attention – not nerfed. This was mesmer about in gw1 and i loved it for it – if u menage to time and interrupt for, he gets punished heavily. Sad it’s over :x
-Agree 100% with wars
-Ranger pets agreed
- s/d still needs slight nerf. Good thiefes can dodge everything…
- Chill – why? It’s strong and good as it it.
- Terror – really… it is there since ages, and no1 complained about the dmg it did (it was higher be4), but it got nerfed coz of the condi spam. This is the problem, codnis r aplied to fast and to much. Terror dmg is ok, no need to nerf it again. Just remove burning or replace it with torment.
-Vuln – disagree. On shatter mes u make 15+ stack of vuln easily. It would be 2much. It’s ok as it is.’
-Agreed on autoattacks.
-Legendaries – absolutely NO. I play since launch, but when my team disbanded in early 2013 I played pugs/solo till now much. I love the design of legendaries. And u want to tell me, I can’t get them coz I’m not a part of a sucesfull team? This is a joke. Spend 2k+ h in pvp, ranking up in tournies, with no rewards at all, and now I can’t make a legendary i’ve been waiting for since 2012? Altho I payed fot the game as all others? Sorry, but this is stupid. It’s a skin after all, and should be achivable for every1 (but not so easy like it tis in pve). Ofc need some req like 2000 tournaments won (It’s a fair ammount I guess and can’t jsut be farmed fast, coz if u play badly, u can’t be carried to such ammount, or will take u forever) + some rank req (40?) + let’s say 2 champ titles - it req time, so even if sum1 want to grind it it will take him months to win such ammount of tournies, so they won’t be common. The rewards from leagues should be gems + TITLES. Did U play GW1? Skins weren’t a measurment of status in pvp, at all. Titles n capes (be4 invites were sellable). A glad 11, h13, a c9 etc. It should work in a same way here, as this system is good and already checked it’s working.
- Tradin post npc in the msits – U realise that mists would become a place where TP guys sit all day and check prices/place offers? Traveling to LA for 1min is good enough.
— Let players enter solo q/team q only after they have reached a certain rank or have played a certain amount of matches – this is gr8 one.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

(edited by Michael.7382)

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Agree with everything under pvp/reward changes…
Disagree with everything else….

I can’t understand how you see the changes on thief as a buff… Thief is the only class that will rcv a big nerf on the new patch…

The change was made so it’s Easier to obtain like 1 or 2 more initiative but impossible to obtain like 5, 6 how people could do before using signets, and utilities and traits… What we can expect here is a thief that will not be able to spam skills than stealth, recover all initiative and spam again… After dec patch thieves will have initiative to support a more fluid game without been able to spam…

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Agree with everything under pvp/reward changes…
Disagree with everything else….

I can’t understand how you see the changes on thief as a buff… Thief is the only class that will rcv a big nerf on the new patch…

The change was made so it’s Easier to obtain like 1 or 2 more initiative but impossible to obtain like 5, 6 how people could do before using signets, and utilities and traits… What we can expect here is a thief that will not be able to spam skills than stealth, recover all initiative and spam again… After dec patch thieves will have initiative to support a more fluid game without been able to spam…

where did i say that thief is getting a buff?

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

To make poison situational you’d need to remove the damage fact, shorten the duration by a lot for some classes so it can’t be perma and increase the effect on healing to something like a 50% or 75% healing decrease. This way it will be as effective as interrupting a healing skill and it will add a timing element.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

To make poison situational you’d need to remove the damage fact, shorten the duration by a lot for some classes so it can’t be perma and increase the effect on healing to something like a 50% or 75% healing decrease. This way it will be as effective as interrupting a healing skill and it will add a timing element.

yea these are things that can be discussed i just wanted to point out the main problems there

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

For me the bigest condi problem atm is burning why?

necro got burning->guardian have burning and he can stack might->war have buring + might stack -> spirit ranger burning for whole team so basicly ppl runing with might and perma buring every one.

Before we had team runing engi+ necro epidemic combo and noone was complaing about condis but now we have so much burn stack that we are taking HUGE dmg from burning , even without might burn hits for 300+

So in my opinion is not the amount of condi stack is a problem but amount of buring that whole team can stack.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Burning is by far the condition in most need of nerfing.

in PvP

Dirame.8521

For me the bigest condi problem atm is burning why?

necro got burning->guardian have burning and he can stack might->war have buring + might stack -> spirit ranger burning for whole team so basicly ppl runing with might and perma buring every one.

Before we had team runing engi+ necro epidemic combo and noone was complaing about condis but now we have so much burn stack that we are taking HUGE dmg from burning , even without might burn hits for 300+

So in my opinion is not the amount of condi stack is a problem but amount of buring that whole team can stack.

This is something I’ve been trying to convey for a while now. The game, the classes, everything needed to be built with team play in mind not just solo play. Especially in PvP.
If Anet wanted to give Necros burning in PvE, great, go ahead but in PvP try to make people come up with strategies rather than spoonfeeding them abilities that may or may not upset the balance of things. People already said that in order to make necros powerful in the old days before the burning buff, the team needed to run a Condi engineer or a Spirit Ranger and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. A team game should be all about team work right?
I look forward to the livestream and I do hope that what is shown is a move in the right direction rather than another ride on the passive ability rollercoaster.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

i sugested how to fix burn , idk if i am right , make it scale diffrent when u dont have condi dmg burn hit realy realy low like 30-50 but it scale better with condi dmg and second thing make burn hits the longer is on us 1s 300dmg – 2s 350dmg ….

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Senso, I DO time my interrupts. My entire build revolves around shutting down my target not by permanent daze, but by precise interrupts. I do predict casts from time to time, like people tend to mash a skill when they are dazed to use it as soon as daze ends so I do an other daze 1/4 second after the first ends.
The only random interrupt in my build is F3.
I have sword offhand, Greatsword and the daze mantra.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Michael.7382

I duno if dmg increase with time is a good idea. But scaling with condi dmg is gr8 one.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Senso, I DO time my interrupts. My entire build revolves around shutting down my target not by permanent daze, but by precise interrupts. I do predict casts from time to time, like people tend to mash a skill when they are dazed to use it as soon as daze ends so I do an other daze 1/4 second after the first ends.

yea but the problem is that such a lockdown build is hardly tourny viable..especially not in the current meta

in PvP

Dirame.8521

yea but the problem is that such a lockdown build is hardly tourny viable..especially not in the current meta

That depends on how your team is built. Such a build can shutdown a Necro or an Engineer or any class that is a problem for that matter.

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

I duno if dmg increase with time is a good idea. But scaling with condi dmg is gr8 one.

the thing is that they should nerf burn smg by 50% and then with 1k condi dmg 1s will be 300dmg then 2s 350dmg…. so basicly u will need to clean it or u will suffer more dmg but again the problem is that atm teams are runing perma burning setups

in PvP

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

You don’t need to tie an effect to a button to make it active. How active an effect is depends on active it demands the player to be. Effect = Button is a simple, effective way to do it, but not the only one.

In the case of Diamond Skin, it’s true that there is no button associated with it. But it needs to be maintained, and it can be counter-played. Anyone can nullify its effect, and the elementalist must work to get its effect back. This creates some sort of dancing between gaining and losing the effect, which is determined by the skill of the two combatants. This make the trait highly interactive and playable.

In comparison, passive traits like Dhuumfire are the opposite. They proc at pretty much anything that hits. They can’t be countered. They don’t require special or unique playing to be activated. They don’t depend on the player skill. They’re mindless and unhealthy to the game.

I would go as far as argue that skills like Enduring Pain are more passive than traits like Diamond Skin. Why? 1) Because the active maintenance required to make use of the Diamond Skin’s effect is far more demanding than simply prssing a single button. 2) Because once Endure Pain is activated, the opponent can’t do anything but wait until the effect ends, while the opportunity to counter-play Diamond skin is always there.

Let’s put it in simpler means and with different words: Diamond Skin is only a passive trait if no one attacks the elementalist.

Please stop ruining this constructive thread sensotix created! you told your point, disagree’ers told their point, let it rest now (as your logic is already).

I actually think he is posting constructive critism but you guys, including Sensotix, is replying in quite a dismissive way. If you can’t accept other viewpoints, then whats the point of it all…

in PvP

Michael.7382

the thing is that they should nerf burn smg by 50% and then with 1k condi dmg 1s will be 300dmg then 2s 350dmg…. so basicly u will need to clean it or u will suffer more dmg but again the problem is that atm teams are runing perma burning setups

Ah, with the 50% dmg nerf it’s fine, I agree :>

r[5x] tPvP onlY.