Serious question

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

I am actually serious. How does this matchmaking works? I get paired with the WORST players ingame allday….

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: didix.4395

didix.4395

That’s surely because you’re one of the worst player ingame Ninov :P

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Have to play a good build, just because you die all the time doesn’t mean the other players are bad.

Matchmaking is complete random though, like if two players from same lb rank que at sametime they wont necessarily be on same team, it was disproven a long time ago.

However, it has been shown lately by other players evidence that some teams will get stacked with high lb rank players vs players barely on leaderboards.

I find that most times if you play an op build and do good yourself, you will influence your team to do good as well, this usually happens.

So if your playing some kitten build like med guardian, and dying in matter of seconds because they glassy and squishy, that’s why your losing games because you get owned way too fast and not contributing to fight due to you getting eliminated off the bat and making a 4v4 into a 3v4. Suggest if your playing guardian to goto AH build, much better in team fights, however if your team goes stupid on you and leaves you to 1v1 someone, especially when they can knock you off the node every 30 seconds or so, well that’s pretty much the only weakness to AH guardian, being stuck 1v1 vs some ranger with stupid knockback or engy with knockback or some class that’s a 1v1 strong. AH guard aren’t meant to 1v1 but your team don’t know so, you gotta play to what your build is, sometimes you just have to give up a node even though your team is going to get kittened because 1v1ing all day long isn’t going to get you anywhere as an AH guardian.
You have to play good, to make your team good, if you play bad, your team becomes bad. You have to remember your 20% of that team.

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Says the guy with Ninov is strng, Ninov Ftw in his signature. Yeaaaah buddy. :p

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Serious question

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Have to play a good build, just because you die all the time doesn’t mean the other players are bad.

Matchmaking is complete random though, like if two players from same lb rank que at sametime they wont necessarily be on same team, it was disproven a long time ago.

However, it has been shown lately by other players evidence that some teams will get stacked with high lb rank players vs players barely on leaderboards.

I find that most times if you play an op build and do good yourself, you will influence your team to do good as well, this usually happens.

So if your playing some kitten build like med guardian, and dying in matter of seconds because they glassy and squishy, that’s why your losing games because you get owned way too fast and not contributing to fight due to you getting eliminated off the bat and making a 4v4 into a 3v4. Suggest if your playing guardian to goto AH build, much better in team fights, however if your team goes stupid on you and leaves you to 1v1 someone, especially when they can knock you off the node every 30 seconds or so, well that’s pretty much the only weakness to AH guardian, being stuck 1v1 vs some ranger with stupid knockback or engy with knockback or some class that’s a 1v1 strong. AH guard aren’t meant to 1v1 but your team don’t know so, you gotta play to what your build is, sometimes you just have to give up a node even though your team is going to get kittened because 1v1ing all day long isn’t going to get you anywhere as an AH guardian.
You have to play good, to make your team good, if you play bad, your team becomes bad. You have to remember your 20% of that team.

Nothing new for me in this post. Better tell me how they match people in a team, thanks.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

One of the inherit issues with the matchmaking is reaching an equilibrium, between best possible game and the wait time.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

One of the inherit issues with the matchmaking is reaching an equilibrium, between best possible game and the wait time.

I don’t see how this leads to massively different levels on two different teams. I would think that it would get 10 players, then allocate them to each team so that it’s better balanced. This does not seem to be the case though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

Ive played with the OP before….and even if he plays with and vs top 50 players (guys that will always be higher rated than he is) he will spam chat how he is getting matched with new players or pveers.

His behaviour is also known as the dunning Kruger effect:

“The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in two principal ways: unskilled individuals tend to suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate, while highly skilled individuals tend to rate their ability lower than is accurate. In unskilled individuals, this bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.”

Typical behaviour that is widespread amongst lower rated individuals.

(edited by supvil.3470)

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ive played with the OP before….and even if he plays with and vs top 50 players (guys that will always be higher rated than he is) he will spam chat how he is getting matched with new players or pveers.

“The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in two principal ways: unskilled individuals tend to suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate, while highly skilled individuals tend to rate their ability lower than is accurate. In unskilled individuals, this bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.”

This made me chuckle ty.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

That’s surely because you’re one of the worst player ingame Ninov :P

Ninov is strong
Ninov FTW

xD

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

it doesn’t work.

Easy answer.

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Here’s the thing. I’ve been trying to get serious about pvp and I play all the meta builds trying to get experience and better at the same time. However, even in Team Q people won’t rotate or even engage in fights. And to make things off I get paired with the same people in my team even if we just lost by a large margin. The only thing I could do to actually improve my game now is blocking those people that troll or just play whatever, then enter the que only when I know that they are already in a match and I won’t ever see them again.

Tour

Serious question

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Oh well I do spam indeed, because it’s soloq and no one cares. :p

You’ve got me there, bro

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Serious question

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Nothing new for me in this post. Better tell me how they match people in a team, thanks.

If you already know that than you already know your answer.

Do you really want to stay in a que for hours because no other rank 1-100 leaderboard player is playing?

Or should the game assign you to random team based on whoever is queing up, even though chances are a 1-100 leaderboard player will be assigned to play with or against someone that’s like 95% on leaderboard.

Even though it takes 12+ straight wins to get from 95% to 1-100 on leaderboard.
So the gap isn’t small, that’s a huge gap even though it appears small. That’s a lot of consequective wins you have to make happen.

However, I’d rather have the game assign me with bunch of random people than have to wait hours in que. It’s not the game, its nobody queing up to make it so the system can work as intended. When you have less than .2% of the population that watchs MAJOR GW2 tournaments, that tells you about the population of PvP. Don’t forget, theres a lot of PvE’ers in watching too, which makes that % of population even less than how small it already is, .002 or .2%, 2000/1000000. ALSO, some of that is from European players, which don’t count towards NA player pool, so EVEN MORE small.

I have better things to do rather than wait in que for hours for the game to assign me a perfectly matched game.

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Ok here,s what happens new players play good teams n get trashed , bad players play new teams get trashed , same few teams > all . bad match ups rankings but they know this

[WM]give us in game ladder

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Do you really want to stay in a que for hours because no other rank 1-100 leaderboard player is playing?

Or should the game assign you to random team based on whoever is queing up, even though chances are a 1-100 leaderboard player will be assigned to play with or against someone that’s like 95% on leaderboard.

So the gap isn’t small, that’s a huge gap even though it appears small. That’s a lot of consequective wins you have to make happen.

However, I’d rather have the game assign me with bunch of random people than have to wait hours in que. It’s not the game, its nobody queing up to make it so the system can work as intended. When you have less than .2% of the population that watchs MAJOR GW2 tournaments, that tells you about the population of PvP. Don’t forget, theres a lot of PvE’ers in watching too, which makes that % of population even less than how small it already is, .002 or .2%, 2000/1000000. ALSO, some of that is from European players, which don’t count towards NA player pool, so EVEN MORE small.

I have better things to do rather than wait in que for hours for the game to assign me a perfectly matched game.

I still don’t understand why can’t it try to average the rankings as best as it can on both teams though. Instead we get high ranked players vs new ones. It would take hardly any time for the game to say ok this person should go to this team and this one to the other to instead of two high ranks vs two lower ones on the same team and try to even it out a bit more. I don’t think anyone is asking for perfection, just better.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Serious question

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I am actually serious. How does this matchmaking works? I get paired with the WORST players ingame allday….

You know what, I’m kinda wondering it too now.

Now I know why the PvP community is so small, when matchmaking kittens ya over people just quit.

I’ve played 15 games today…. Lost all 15. None of them were 4v5, it was straight fair games and lost all kittening 15.

How the kitten does that happen?

Went from leaderboard 400s all the way to kittening 94%.

One would think after 10 losses you’d be where your suppose to be in the matchmaking system……

Continue to lose 5 more games and you realize matchmaking is a piece of bullkitten.

16 games I lost IN A FREKKING ROW. WTF. Terrible Matchmaking Period.

Nobody should ever endure kittening 16 losses in a row. That’s 4 hours wasted.

Check my account developer, you tell me if my 16 losses were due to matchmaking. kittening developer putting me on bad team because I tell them all the time they need to stop eating donuts all day and start doing kittening work. No wonder why this game is still measly 2k viewers on the huge tournaments this game puts 50k on. Its because those developers be eating donuts and not working and making this game worth playing, worth watching, worth anything.

kittening 16 losses omg, ZERO 4v5s and I still lost 16 games. NOBODY gave up and still lost 16 games in a row. ZERO excuses…. The only thing that was wrong was the kittening matchmaking.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Serious question

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Well I would rather wait longer and have a good match…

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

Whenever you lose you always seem to think that the problem is your teammates. Waiting longer wouldnt solve that.

Serious question

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Whenever you lose you always seem to think that the problem is your teammates. Waiting longer wouldnt solve that.

You know, you might be right.
Because I lost 16 games in a row yesterday and learning to play guardian which I think I play pretty decent now, and have been scoring towards the top of my team roster.
But pretty much every 1v1 I lost but one of them.

However, 16 games losing and due to me being terrible?

I thought matchmaking is suppose to put you in your player pool, where your up against people of the same skill against you.

I pretty much saw the same people all 16 games.

Hence from that observation, its complete random and doesn’t set you up against people of same skill level.

Was nothing but good players because I suck and everyone is better than me (3k tournament games played), so its all my fault I lost all 16 of them and theres no such thing as bringing me down to people of my skill floor, which is sucking bad.

So by that logic, if someone new came to PvP, obviously they’d 90% chance suck at it because they new and up against people who played 2 years plus and just dominate newplayers making PvP not fun to them and most likely lose all there games they play.

I highly doubt any newplayer would endure 16 LEGIT (no 4v5, no connection issues, everyone is trying) losses.

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Because I lost 16 games in a row yesterday and learning to play guardian which I think I play pretty decent now, and have been scoring towards the top of my team roster.

I thought matchmaking is suppose to put you in your player pool, where your up against people of the same skill against you.

Hence from that observation, its complete random and doesn’t set you up against people of same skill level.

Was nothing but good players because I suck and everyone is better than me (3k tournament games played), so its all my fault I lost all 16 of them and theres no such thing as bringing me down to people of my skill floor, which is sucking bad.

So by that logic, if someone new came to PvP, obviously they’d 90% chance suck at it because they new and up against people who played 2 years plus and just dominate newplayers making PvP not fun to them and most likely lose all there games they play.

I highly doubt any newplayer would endure 16 LEGIT (no 4v5, no connection issues, everyone is trying) losses.

You too? I lost 30+ matches yesterday (combined solo + team) but I thought it was my fault even when I rotated and captured points.

Tour

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Did not play rated for very long time (apologies for lack of knowledge in meta), cos everytime i play rated battle i get paired with decent people and get matched against high rated players (supposed to be not).
Did i miss something or players in this game playing rated battle has improve their knowledge in conquest?

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Serious question

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

You too? I lost 30+ matches yesterday (combined solo + team) but I thought it was my fault even when I rotated and captured points.

Sure isn’t fun losing that much is it.

It’s kinda like gambling too. When you get a certain point your thinking to yourself “I lost 10 times already, next game I should win… lost. I should win next game… Lost again.”

Something fishy is seriously going on. Those developers need to stop acting and pretending and hoping that there isn’t anything wrong and figure out WHAT IS WRONG, because something is wrong, quit trying to prove that nothing is wrong.

I’m currently taking a statistics class right now, I cant remember how to do the probability, but I think losing a 50% chance game 17 times in a row is .0015%.
That’s incredibly unlucky. And someone else claiming they lost 30 games last night too, yup something fishy is going on. 30 straight losses is .000000093%. That guy should have did mystic forge that day because he was incredibly lucky at losing 50% chance win pvp games, he sure would probably get 2 precursors in a row from mystic forge.

But enough talk though, I’m pretty kittened. You see most of my games when I lost 17 games in a row was spirit watch and skyhammer, and I’m trying to get champ title on my guardian, and like I keep telling people there is no builds out there for skyhammer or spirit watch on youtube or metabuilds.com, hence why I be hating on those maps right now. And guess what, when your afraid to let the other team get the orb because they have 2 guys that are mad crazy at capping and the rest of the enemy team is winning team fights everywhere else, ya that was a bloke game. Skyhammer, when your entire team is afraid to get skyhammer because the ranger up there just owns people, ya that’s a bad matchmaking game again.

Nothing wrong with those maps, its just when the other team has all the kittening good players that know how to speed run the orb like a mad dog and a dude up in skyhammer who is so confident that he just owns you by how confident he plays and the rest of there team just wrekts you, terrible matchmaking.

When you lose past 5 or 10 games and the matchmaking system keeps pairing you against these monsters and not people that’s your level of play, terrible matchmaking.

If I lose 5 games in a row and I’m still on leaderboards, I don’t want to fight kittening leaderboard players again, put me up against those 80% newbs and let me win a game for once. Don’t make me go from 400s and have to lose 6 games to get off the leaderboards, than another 10 games to get to 90%, and than decide to pit me against those 80% newbs if there are any out there.

But if that’s truly the only players that did a solo que at the time, than pvp is kittening dead, you shouldn’t even be promoting esports when you have a dead population.

All there is, is kittening good players out there and they wrekt all day long and people that try to get into pvp, I feel bad for them, they probably lose like 3 games in a row and quit and never look back at pvp, because its too hard, too many good players wreking, terrible matchups and what not.

16 or 17 losses I had yesterday, really kittened me off. Especially when theres no issues at all, like nobody dc’ed, nobody ragequit, all the matches were legit. The only problem was. That stupid kitten matchmaking.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Serious question

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Wow none of you has the balls, fine ill say it.
Gentlemen, we’re killing bots/programs since the dawn of dinosaurs. now go ask yourself, how come your twitch.tv champion got such high ratings despite how casually(oh wait) them play? and the fact pvp community has no population existent? who knows, prolly some multiple accounts of an lordling or princessling.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.