Shadow Trap

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Why doesn’t this skill act like Portal on mesmers? this skill has so much potential but it always has terrain glitches and fails to teleport OR half way does the job…can we fix this?

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

That’s an excellent question…

And I can’t think of a single reason for why it acts like it does now. It’s a really well designed skill from a theoretical perspective and if you could actually rely on it working as it should, it would probably be a viable option.

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Seiroxena.6350

Seiroxena.6350

I support 1000% this thread.

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

And un-nerf it so that its back to instant cast would be good.

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It’s an easy fix too. Instead of just trying to port to the trap/player location in one shadow step, if that fails try to do it in a smaller step, and if that fails try to take a step toward it the using NPC pathing algorithm, subtract the distance traveled by the successful method, and then repeat for the remaining range.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

paging a developer

Paging josh

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

bringing this issue back up…

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

It’s an easy fix too. Instead of just trying to port to the trap/player location in one shadow step, if that fails try to do it in a smaller step, and if that fails try to take a step toward it the using NPC pathing algorithm, subtract the distance traveled by the successful method, and then repeat for the remaining range.

It used to at least consistently port my Thief into walls closer to the intended destination… be it a 5 foot port or a halfway across the map. But recently, it hasn’t even moved my Thief at all if it fails… but the trap goes on full cooldown as though it actually did something.

So sad :-(

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It used to at least consistently port my Thief into walls closer to the intended destination… be it a 5 foot port or a halfway across the map. But recently, it hasn’t even moved my Thief at all if it fails… but the trap goes on full cooldown as though it actually did something.

So sad :-(

That means it’s coded as a shadow step and not an actual teleport.

That’s the problem

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The real question is why in the hell can’t they at least fix pvp maps (that been here since launch) if they can’t fix port spells?

Every single thief and rev knows exactly all the spots on maps (coal pile in forefire on point, every single slope/stones, steppes in forest etc.) that get you killed because spells like steal/shs either won’t activate or activate w/o having any effect, yet devs don’t? How come? Oh right……. devs don’t play thieves that is why this class gets constantly smashed with clueless nerfs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Still waiting for my Ileap to stop failing due to steep terrain or obstructing land bumps.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Because Devs don’t know what else could be nerfed on thieves before they actually can make some good changes.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Every single thief and rev knows exactly all the spots on maps (coal pile in forefire on point

Maybe we need to start a thread that lists all if the locations we find that obstruct us? Or perhaps there is already one that I’ve missed?

On Legacy specifically, the one that sticks out to me (because it always affects my opening rush) is the ramp up between the Blue spawn and the Quarry. There’s a little strip of rock that obstructs my ports every single time I try it. So it has slowed down my rush significantly.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Shadow Trap

in PvP

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

sooooo.,….any devs?