Share your exp why you lose/win a match

in PvP

Posted by: SolitaryJr.9654

SolitaryJr.9654

It’s been weeks the pvp league has started and i see that there are lot of people QQing about the lose streak and the system. I’m in lose streak too but i’m good with the system. So, let’s share it why do you lose in game? Or is it because the system’s fault? Or you are still expect to get into a lucky team and get carry? Mind to share your ideas to new players on how to improve?

I’ll start it first,
1. People do not bother to hold cap
2. Bloodthirsty
3. Greed of triple caps
4. Like to solo on a cap that doesn’t belong to your team
5. Do not understand the professions’ mechanism
6. Doesn’t count the number or watch the map
7. Skills spamming
8. Underestimate opponents

If you have different experiences in your lose or win games. Share it here. Let’s see if it the system’s fault or your team mates just inexperience.

Charrs – Thief(80), Guardian(80), Engineer(80), Warrior(80)
[Resting atm :)]

(edited by SolitaryJr.9654)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

where do we find people who don’t do the above 8 ? XD

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

okies since u asked me to share more (via steam client chat)

why i lose:
1. some or most team mates done some or all of the above mentioned.
2. the other team running stronker builds than mine.

why i win:
1. some or most team mates do not do some or all of the above mentioned.
2. the other team running weaker builds than mine.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNatural.2846

TheNatural.2846

Don’t forget to add when 4 Man groups get matched against SoloQ and DuoQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I call them pvp zombies. They walk like zombies to mid, click something, spam some skills, die, rinse repeat.

Lost quite a few matches on foefire to dragonhunters and scrappers good enough to take down lord solo fast. Those are usually very close matches.

Won quite a few matches by playing sides and playing smart, getting beasts on foefire with ranger lb2 and/or necro condition spam. Also close matches.

Way too many <300 losses though where I just have to scramble because as soon as I leave one point, it gets stolen. As soon as I help to win a 2v2, other players died. As soon as I go after map extras, all hell breaks loose and my team starts playing 3 points.

Ive start to write A LOT in teamchat, to try to coordinate players better. To write what I am going to do next. Still, some players accuse me of being arrogant and wannabe for it, others just ignore everything and happily keep running in 4 man zerg with not even one point capped.

Tbh, Im at the end of my wits, which is why I stopped playing soloqueue on my main account. Just stopped it, started up on my second account… and getting a whole different side to see… the easy side… where you can write in chat that you cap close and nobody tries to stay on close for score points…. where if you say “defend lord” the team’s ranger is already on his way to make sure lord doesnt die before we ticked to 500 and/or got their lord.
You know, the good side.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I would add to your list ppl remaining silent when you ask who goes home/mid and what is the plan but never shut up once they start to loose.

in PvP

SolitaryJr.9654

1. I’m not a pro but at least an experienced pvp player. I was late for the season and now stuck in ruby due to the lose streak.

2. PVP and WvW don’t attract as many players as in PVE contents and there is nothing wrong in this pvp season system. Many people who are doing in ranked because of the achievements for the wing and badge on their name tag. If so, please punish them and let them stay in their division. Let them learn it through the harsh way. It’s pvp league!

3. Those who are expect to get “lucky” in team match making, forget about it. If you do not know the mechanism in pvp in this season and just want to get a win but don’t want to learn. Don’t do ranked yet, the more you lose, the worse team you will get and then you will continue the lose streak and finally QQ in the forum on the lose streak and the system.

4. What i found on the lower MMR players is that, they are using meta build but they don’t understand it, they just simply keep spamming their skills and greed on kills or triple caps. They don’t hold their caps.

5. You are using meta build? Awesome! But do you know how does it works? Skills spamming? Does it apply to opponent’s comp? How is your team’s mobility? Do you watch your teammates Hp and map? Do you know how to kite and stay alive? Do you know which teammate need help? If you are getting zerg, what are you going to do and etc etc etc etc…

6. Seriously, ask yourself why are you doing ranked? If you just want the achievement for the wing, here a suggestion for you. There are 4 seasons, you have all the time for it but if you are looking for the “wow, a diamond/legendary badge”, you better learn to pvp in this season instead of getting lucky.

These are my thoughts on this season. I don’t mind people are casual for pvp but at least give some efforts to learn it, else don’t QQ about it.

…..Way too many <300 losses though where I just have to scramble because as soon as I leave one point, it gets stolen. As soon as I help to win a 2v2, other players died. As soon as I go after map extras, all hell breaks loose and my team starts playing 3 points….

It’s happened to me a lot too especially when the team has very low mobility and then hings will get worse. I don’t mind to lose to a close game, 300~400 – 500 that’s fine but lose to points <100 is just way too much.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve lost matches because of:

MM necros
3-4 mesmers that refuse to swap
3-4 thieves that refuse to swap
Pushing far when they have 4 respawns
Bad play by me
People that push far 1v1 and die at the start
Getting team mates who don’t call targets
etc

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I see a ton of over-rotations. Like we’ll decimate mid, then I’ll run to help home and shortly after we 2v1 home one of the guys from mid shows up to do absolutely nothing, we lose mid, game descends into chaos, we lose the game.

As for what I’m messing up, I think it’s mostly that I am not that great of a mechanical player. I get by on experience and what I’d like to think of as intelligence choices. Usually that’s enough, but in those super tough grindy matches that end 490 to 500, I often feel I am directly responsible for the loss due to a bad 1v1.

in PvP

SolitaryJr.9654

I wish people could share more of their experiences and so they could read and learn from everyone’s experiences especially the one who are new and interest into pvp. Learn from everyone. Give yourself some questions/answer regarding to the match you win or lose.

Here is what i always look for when i got into a match,
1. Map
2. Opponent and my team comp
3. Is my build work on their comp?
4. Raw dps? Condi? Mobile? Sustain? (Opponent and mine)
5. Who to target? (Necro usually first but not always)

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This is sort of off topic, but I find the “just target necro*” spam to be a little simplistic and often costs you the team fight at the start of the match. Yes we all know necros don’t have blocks and invulns and what not, but if they’re being healed by a tempest they’re just bullet sponges. Tempest friggen explode if they get burst by a team. Bait out their invuln, go for the necro, then boom goes the dynamite dead tempest. What do they have, 10k health? With no stun breakers?

*Edit: I meant in team chat, not your post.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

This is sort of off topic, but I find the “just target necro*” spam to be a little simplistic and often costs you the team fight at the start of the match. Yes we all know necros don’t have blocks and invulns and what not, but if they’re being healed by a tempest they’re just bullet sponges. Tempest friggen explode if they get burst by a team. Bait out their invuln, go for the necro, then boom goes the dynamite dead tempest. What do they have, 10k health? With no stun breakers?

*Edit: I meant in team chat, not your post.

This cost me more matches in ruby/diamond. People zero in on the necro and do not realize what is killing them or healing the necro.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

In ranked most often: bad splitting/spread of resources around the map, peeling at the wrong time. Support units flying solo. Chasing people

Sometimes I lose because of me.

kittenty teamcomps that won’t reroll.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Generally bad rotations, i have won games where we were behind by 300 pts (since we lost all team fights) due to bad rotation from enemy at the end. I have lost a lot of games because nobody defends and team just rotates really bad (chasing 1 guy at mid with 4 ppl while home is getting zerged etc.)

This game really needs sound for map pings (like in league) because i have a feeling most ppl just don’t look at map. Ever.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Bleak.5796

Bleak.5796

People failing to react to Search&Rescue. This triggers me so much. How hard can it be to be conscious of the enemy team having a Ranger in a Teamfight and being ready to cleave him as soon as you down someone? 90% of the time the Ranger doesn’t even have to be behind an obstacle, it’s enough to just use the skill on the other side of the node and people go ‘huh? how did he disappear?’

Oh my god.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

MM necros
(…)

If you have trouble with MM necros, here’s how I handle them.

Pull pets with some aoe, run around a corner, kill blood fiend and then kill necro.

They are AI, you have to handle them like mobs.

There’s only very few good mm necros that dont hug some defensive amulet and runes, but rather go full force and kill you why doing the above mentioned.

To kill those… well… pull pets around corner, turn on necro and kill him.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i always look who are the enemy class and whom i can counter and try to focus him in 1v1 if needed or in team fight and tr to avoid class who can counter me unless i need to buy time in kiting
i try to focus the support or dmg dealer as if ele die the whole team can croumble or if dmg dealer die the enemy wont have much power to pressure us.

in PvP

Posted by: ghoust.8591

ghoust.8591

It’s been weeks the pvp league has started and i see that there are lot of people QQing about the lose streak and the system. I’m in lose streak too but i’m good with the system. So, let’s share it why do you lose in game? Or is it because the system’s fault? Or you are still expect to get into a lucky team and get carry?

I’ll start it first,
1. People do not bother to hold cap
2. Bloodthirsty
3. Greed of triple caps
4. Like to solo on a cap that doesn’t belong to your team
5. Do not understand the professions’ mechanism
6. Doesn’t count the number or watch the map
7. Skills spamming
8. Underestimate opponents

If you have different experiences in your lose or win games. Share it here. Let’s see if it the system’s fault or your team mates just inexperience.

Is it system fault or your team mates just inexpirience o0 ????????

I think it is not a fault of the system because it puts not experienced players in the team with you and it’s not fault of the players because they are not experienced, so conclusion its clear there is no foults.

Question for you: whether the error airline if they give someone to be captain of a plane without proper experience or its error of that captain who crashed plane?

(edited by ghoust.8591)

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Why lose:

Matchmaking teams me up with beginner bot skilled useless players in ruby that fails at everything. 1v1, teamfight,call target,focus target, attacking classes that best at survive multiple attackers, stomp, defend, cc, help teammates, killing svanir when don’t have capture points

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

where do we find people who don’t do the above 8 ? XD

ESL proleague and even many of the listed mistakes aren’t always mistakes.

For number one I’ll decap or even full cap then get out of town. If it’s being recapped then another player is there so I can create a plus one elsewhere and the plan isn’t always to keep a point but stop them from gaining more points since if you have two and they have one and spend more time with it decapped then the point gap gets wider.

As for solo on the opponent’s cap the onus is on the defender to stay on giving the attacker an advantage. The attacker can kite and has more freedom of movement whereas the defender must stay on point to avoid a decap. If you attack and kite then nothing changes, he keeps the node whereas if you don’t attack he certainly keeps it. Revenant has great tools for this game of in and out and knocking off nodes. Taking the fight to the lanes however typically isn’t recommended as a hostile can get in a quick decap.

As for 7 and 8 totally agree, save skills for optimal times and always assume your opponent is Toker or Chaith. If you ask, “Could they easily punish this move?” then the punishment is waiting to be made so what I’m trying to say is assume best play from your opponent even when you know best play is unlikely. Some matchups simply lose against others so avoid those if possible. If you’re a staff aurashare tempest and a daredevil is on point don’t engage, he has the spike damage and CC to quickly burst whereas your skills are optimized for team fight support.

attacking classes that best at survive multiple attackers

I beat a scrapper on my druid and another time on my tempest 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Because I either get much less experienced team or much more experienced enemy team. Not counting premades.
All the other loses are by close games and they are either from mistakes I/my team make or when the opposite team outplay/out rotate us.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

MM necros
(…)

If you have trouble with MM necros, here’s how I handle them.

Pull pets with some aoe, run around a corner, kill blood fiend and then kill necro.

They are AI, you have to handle them like mobs.

There’s only very few good mm necros that dont hug some defensive amulet and runes, but rather go full force and kill you why doing the above mentioned.

To kill those… well… pull pets around corner, turn on necro and kill him.

No I mean I lose cuz they’re on my team.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: antichecker.1675

antichecker.1675

I lost many games cuz of people who think they are insanly skilled, yet fail to play as a team, react to pings, map, targeted enemies and instead they blame the team, go to the forum and start a thread about the main reason why they lose. I suggest to start a list what you did wrong in the games you lost, if you think the answer is nothing, you are a noob and belong to amber. Even the greatest pro does mistakes. Nobody will ever improve if they blame others. If everyone would reflect more, the average skill would raise by a lot.

(edited by antichecker.1675)

in PvP

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

Most lost matches are because my team (myself included) struggle to recover / regroup after an initial wipe. We remain off balance and staggered for the rest of the game.

FA [CC]

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Most lost matches are because my team (myself included) struggle to recover / regroup after an initial wipe. We remain off balance and staggered for the rest of the game.

That happens a lot and even if they group up they dont change tactic, they going back to the same place to wipe even harder than before. genius players.

I already “fear” if i get Legacy of Foefire map with my genius teammates. When its foefire im ready to see my team wipe for 10 mins at middle. Hate that map with my matchmaking players. I never vote for it.

in PvP

SolitaryJr.9654

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I am glad that there are still lot of people be aware of all of these. This season is tough, losing a match is very dangerous which may lead you to team with inexperience players. I also found that people use the same build against all comp. Your build is good against “type A” comp but might be poor to “type B” comp. Look for zoose’s topic for the solo pvp guide, it’s really helpful for everyone. Cheers!

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I won because:
1) Read enemy’s class composition at waiting time, I don’t pick a fight or waste time with classes that counter my build.
2) I fight with classes which are weak against my build
3) I constantly aim & owned at their weaker teammate. Free Frag.
4) Be there when your team mate needs you in home and mid.
5) No one go to far unless we are 300 points leading, only thief can go far and decap.

I noticed that i do not need to communicate that much since i reached Ruby tier 3.
Everyone knows their own role.

Losing?
1)When there is one Amber make in into a all Ruby match
2)Opposite players is just so much better and experienced than me & my teammate

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm well i had 2 experience from 2 matches to share, even though my team won those 2 games, the 2 rotation experience was a bit different.

match 1 – forest of bearman and horseman

i was at home (mine)
then this puny necromancer / reaper came, i said puny because i easily 1 v 1 that reaper earlier, he just stand there, no dodge, took all my attacks.

so i proceed to kill.

however, came along another dragon hunter, well, not so puny, as the high burst damage can be annoying.

i can’t 1 v 2 so i ran away, while typing “2 home, halp” in team chat. the point was decapped, i think the dragon hunter tried to kill me but i ran and hid around the rocks so i survived the ordeal.

few seconds later, 2 of my team mates came and we murdered them both. well that’s plus 10 team score for us and we got back home (mine)

we won the match, kinda a blow out as the other team members not very stronk, we murdered them at mid, they tried to take our home, we murdered them at home etc.

match 2 – foefire with the puny lord

it was a good opening, 1 home 4 mid, we murdered them at mid.
so i was expecting them to rush our home, so i went to check home, 1 incoming, 2 incoming, 3 incoming !!!

so i typed in team chat “3 home”
“3 home”
“3 home”

so i rushed back home, myself, i think another team mate was coming along.

it was a 2 vs 3

well we both got murdered, they got home.

i typed in team chat as i lay defeated.
“3 home

however, only 1 left to stay on home. the other 2 ran back to mid.

as i respawned, i rushed over to home and killed that lone defender.

we continued to hold home and mid, 2 of us watching over home and mid.

the 3 others in my team continued to murder them over and over again at far.

we won this match, of course, since our team have stronker players and builds, i think.
but i think i made a very wrong decision to run into 3 ppl who are rushing home.

“RIGHT INTO THE MEAT GRINDER!” i would say, when i see 1 lone opponent rush into our group of 3. didn’t expect myself to do the same.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

tl; dr

sometimes,
it is better to run away from a 1v2 and let the point be decapped for a while, especially if we have stronker team mates to mulder them and take back the point.

often,
it is wise not to run into 3 ppl rushing home by ourselves in order to attempt to save home. maybe just let them take home and we take mid far instead.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

If 3 enemy players at home and you alone defend it what 4 of your teammates doing? they just have to solve a 4v2 at the other 2 points. The thing is if you are alone defend and you have 2-3 attacker and you can survive them for a bit, kite them play with them it means enemy team outnumbered at other points and your team should be able to take other 2 points if they are not beginner bots.

I also notice they only come help when its late. So they just come to feed the enemy so atleast 2 player died me and my slow help enemy feeder teammate. That happens a lot in my games.

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

People over correcting. Either balling up on home or mid. I don’t know how to carry that either back capping things slows it down but usually the entire enemy team isn’t on the contested point and they are doing the same. It’s discouraging. people don’t look at the minimap and they don’t read the kitten chat.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

poor rotations

poor downed control

easy.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

its funny how its just another thread to whine about “always bad team”

you people would do yourself good if you focused on what you are doing bad instead of what your team is doing bad

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

(edited by Lexander.4579)

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

One guy goes far at the start. Dies there.
Oh and “hey guys lets go far its not like its close to their spawn and they will wipe us, take mid, gg wp”
Something like that usually.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Lack of coordination is loss.
Classic: Game starts. 4 Head mid one close. Mid fight lasts for a while. As soon as it is decided chaos spreads. Players start to feed outnumbered fights … Pushing far is one scenario especially when mid is won, if its lost going solo to die due to diffrent respawn times is the second …
People need to learn not to join hopless fights. Example. You die mid, when you respawn you see the next dead on mini map and when moving nr3 is down. Mid fight is lost. If you now join to “Rescue” the last man standing you make it worse …. Especially if the next respawing tries that too (now wanting to save you …)
If two get killed in a 4:4 then disengage and dealy…. Pull them trailing you to a favorable spot. Either where they loose time or your fallen rejoin ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I think for me, I should probably focus more on perhaps just mastering one class. I switch between Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer and Ranger. Although one of the main reasons I switch classes, is because no one else on the team does, so if there’s two Necros on the team, I’ll switch to Ele at the start etc.

I’ve been playing the game for two years now (PvP for 1 year, not hardcore style), but I still have trouble playing against Thieves when I’m a Mesmer. They always burst me down before I have time to react. I don’t play Mesmer in ranked though, as I’ve lost every game when I’ve tried, so I stick to Ele in ranked, which I usually end up winning with. If there’s already an Ele (or two) I’ll switch to a class we don’t have.

I’m still noticing other people just ignoring strategies at the beginning of the game and stuff. I’ll start the game by asking “Who wants to take home?”, then someone will usually reply and offer to do it. Then the game starts, the assigned player goes to home, followed by one or two of the other team members, whilst I’m going to mid.

Another thing is fixation on just killing the other team at first sight, ignoring caps in the process. I try to remind people to not fight off point, and to make sure that we have home and mid, but I don’t think people even read chat.

I’m still trying to improve my gameplay, as I know I’m not exactly a great player. For starters I sometimes panic still when two or more enemy players come up. I’m more relaxed on Ele, as it’s pretty tanky though.

I’ve actually been played Unranked more than Ranked, as I know I’m not good enough to get to the higher ranks. I’m only at Emerald, but I’m ok with that, as I play PvP because I enjoy it. I’m really not bothered about getting the Wings for my character(s).

Oh and I’ve noticed a few Thieves that insist on just pushing far for the whole game. Literally the entire game, I’ve had a Thief player that just keeps going to far and won’t ever go to home or mid.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

There´s another point why teams lose/win matches.

They don´t rezz or stomp at all. I had team mates beside me that neiter rezzed people nor stomped opponents half a meter away. All they did was auto-attack or some other attack.

Before the game starts i sometimes write that rezzing / stomping is more important than delivering damage.

And folks, if u have an engineer in ur team and he is fighting with u on this node… DON´T FIGHT IF U ARE DOWNED…. JUST DON´T!!!

Cause the Enginneer will most likely rezz u with stealth gyro, function gyro /faster revive and maybe Elixier S.

Again: DON`T FIGHT IN DOWNED STATUS IF ENGI is on Node too. It is normal that engis rezz other teammate 2-5 times in a match sometime more than this.

Otherwise: If u see engis beside u that don´t rezz u if u are in downstate. BLAME THEM TO HELL. GO AFK and kitten on this engi. He isn´t worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Usually for me it’s:

1- Getting wrecked at mid. Sometimes we can turn it around with guerilla warfare, but if the other team is good, they’ll pick us apart as sitting ducks.

2- Teammates who don’t know how to play GW2 pvp. Examples include:

a: going far at the start, leaving your team undermanned for the mid clash. 90% of the time, they also die far. The logic is beyond comprehension: even if you win far, chances are you either have to leave it to support your struggling mates at mid, or your mates at mid get shredded to pieces and you have 3 guys plus the one about to respawn incoming to kick your kitten .

b: ignoring map mechanics: people fighting to cap a point in niflel, while the other team is killing the beast it needs to reach 500 points, for example.

c: people ignoring what the purpose of the game is: there was a match where i had to sit at home the whole time, because all the time there was this thief trying to take it. The thief wasn’t so good (he couldn’t kill me) but he wasn’t so bad either (i could’t kill him), but i could hold the spot just fine. Then why, WHY! if we only have one point capped, are people coming home to help me against the thief that cannot kill me? GO CAP SOMETHING kitten IT! I told htem not to come like, 20 times, and there was this necro that just kept coming… jeez!

d: people fighting forever over a spot capped by the enemy. Most of the time this is with numeric advantage, and yet, they dont capture, and yet, they keep going at it. even if they cap it, it’s a Pyrrhic victory.

3- Being outplayed by the enemy: not only are our teamfights awful, but they also kill me one on one. This never happened last season, but it’s happening in this one, specially against dragonhunters, a few good thieves, and 1 or 2 condi warriors that completely destroyed me. I just changed my build after the last match against 3 dragonhunters+2 thieves to be able to better solo them and to have a bigger lifepool. I have always won my 1v1s even when power necro was considered up, and being completely destroyed by a DH in 2 seconds is unacceptable from my point of view.

I win because:

1- i have a decent team and we are matched against a tough team that makes me work overnight to squeeze a last second victory, and i do work my kitten off.
2- i have a decent team and the enemy is just unlucky to cross in our path.
3- i have a bad team but the enemy is not so good either, so i can carry to victory by simply being mobile, capping empty points, and holding far against 2-3 enemies at once (only works against bad teams, see point d).
4- a few times, i have had a team that clearly outclasses me and carries me to victory. Last time it happened, i held close but couldn’t win a single 1on1 (because the other team had one of these condi warriors that was putting insane pressure on me) and they kept coming to save my kitten , while shredding the enemy team on mid.

(edited by Aenesthesia.1697)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s been weeks the pvp league has started and i see that there are lot of people QQing about the lose streak and the system. I’m in lose streak too but i’m good with the system.

Why would you be good with the system if it teams you with players like this if you consider yourself better?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

SolitaryJr.9654

It’s been weeks the pvp league has started and i see that there are lot of people QQing about the lose streak and the system. I’m in lose streak too but i’m good with the system.

Why would you be good with the system if it teams you with players like this if you consider yourself better?

I’m not better than anyone instead i might be worse than anyone here. The system caught our greed for grind and wins. However, the more we lose, the more we want to game and hope for a win or after a win we want to go further and get more wins but it didn’t happen and got us lose streak and into worse situation. MMR keep on dropping and result that we keep team up with the inexperienced players and versus the experienced players.

S1 encouraged mmr tanking. Bad!

S2 rewards winning!

Not sure if S2 rewards winning, or just having better MMR to get better team. At this point, I have no idea what the truth is really.

If u win ur mmr goes up!
Higher mmr means potentially better team mates!
Reward!

This is what i think the season is going on.

So, what i think we can do is either we really put some efforts to learn some skills or we will have to wait for some times to let all the “better” players to move up to higher tiers or take a break after a win or 2, let your mmr rise abit and then continue the game and repeat which may eventually get you to team up with “better” players.

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I lose because I did not play well enough, or I didn’t pick a class that would allow me to be successful versus the team I’m facing. Occasionally that is the fault of teammates not adequately filling a role I thought they’d be able to.

I win when I execute.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I lose because I did not play well enough, or I didn’t pick a class that would allow me to be successful versus the team I’m facing. Occasionally that is the fault of teammates not adequately filling a role I thought they’d be able to.

I win when I execute.

I get the idea behind trying to focus on what you do to improve. I respect it. However, what you say doesn’t begin to make sense in a purely mathematical and logical sense. One person out of five won’t be the heaviest factor in the equation most of the time. I mean, I get the desire to be in control of your life and always stay positive but when it gets to the point where you flat-out deny reality you do more damage to all around you than you do good. The irony is such ppl will often deny the responsibility they hold in that kind of damage they do because for them responsibility is purely individual.

People often complain about others not only because they are irresponsible pricks but because they are often, not always but often, more aware of what they did wrong and what they did right. The matches where I blew it are not those I come on the forum to complain about. I’m not proud of them and believe me I learned from them because I do not want the situation to come again.

People complain because they feel they have too little power over what they experiment (which is going to happen to anyone who enter soloq since they are 1/5 of a team they do not know) and are frustrated by ppl like you because they are denied the right to be acknowledged what they live that is legitimate and feel judged by people who are honestly ill positioned to do so. Unless you share the same MMR and conditions as the ppl who have been complaining you might tone it down a bit when you start preaching personal responsibility in a context you obviously know jack kitten about.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

1. total blow out. Obviously one team has a real or hypothetical"true" MMR way higher than the other team.
2. players on my team/other team who just do really bad stuff with rotations
3. class stacking for or against team

in PvP

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

1. Blow-out.
2. We have a 100 or 200 point lead and then suddenly the whole team goes braindead and we would up losing for a reason I can’t even fathom. Maybe people need their Ritalin.
3. People constantly going for that third point instead of parking their kitten down and defending a point.
4. People mass running into dragon hunter traps.
5. The list goes on.
6. The other team is class stacking necros and dragonhunters or bunker eles and we have no counter for any of them because Billy Bob and Sue want to roll glass cannon thieves that die 2 minutes into the match.

Frankly, I consider myself decent, at least nowhere near the lack of skill level of half of the mongoloids I’m placed with.

If only you could block people from your matches.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So, what i think we can do is either we really put some efforts to learn some skills or we will have to wait for some times to let all the “better” players to move up to higher tiers or take a break after a win or 2, let your mmr rise abit and then continue the game and repeat which may eventually get you to team up with “better” players.

MMR is dynamic it should rise directly after a win. I;ve tried taking breaks after wins and losses and it doesn’t work.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

people always ask when i go far. then i tell them why. so my team outnumbering enemy team so enemy need atleast 2 peoples at far sometimes 3 comes. or i take the point because im good in 1v1’s. if my team wipe hard while they outnumbering the enemy at other points. they call me everything. we lost because i go far too

in PvP

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Usually I lose when the enemy has a better composition that my team or they’re just plain better collectively.

Rarely, though it happens enough to make note of, is it someones fault specifically. When that happens it’s usually someone is just bad at the game mode(including not rotating when needed or not retreating when low on health), or they leave/go AFK, or they start arguing and cussing out team members and killing morale.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in PvP

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Does everyone even know about team chat, not many people write on it.

in PvP

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Because 2 teammates continue to push far even though the other 3 of us keep telling them to hold home and mid and to stop going to far, but they die, respawn and go straight back to far over and over…

I hate how dependent you are on other people for the legendary backpack, completely out of your control. loss streaks where your teammates seem intent on tanking the match, win/loose/win/loose which gets you nowhere… ARGH!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Cost me a lot of games

Attachments:

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.