We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Because they are trash builds… Except for that one day, you remember, when WHaO would copy boons like a boss? Yeah, that was a very good day when a NM build wasn’t trash.

And if you don’t want to be called a lar don’t tell lies. It’s pretty simple. You said it’s been on meta battle awhile, it hasn’t. It’s been on there all of one day. That’s the lie.

No the meta build has been there quite some time. It just changed out one trait line. Really stop arguing this point, it’s dumb. The same exact meta build that uses the same exact rotation had one trait line swapped because WHaO was too good. The whole argument was whether or not you could get perma 25 stacks of might with WHaO before it was nerfed and I proved that you could in fact do so, and it matched the meta build minus swapping axe for warhorn which is a marginal dps increase.

Please actually have an argument. Idk how you’re not getting infractions for just constantly flaming me, but it really is getting annoying.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Worst day of my life.
WHaO RIP.

They could only lock the quickness buff.

Subdrop

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Because they are trash builds… Except for that one day, you remember, when WHaO would copy boons like a boss? Yeah, that was a very good day when a NM build wasn’t trash.

And if you don’t want to be called a lar don’t tell lies. It’s pretty simple. You said it’s been on meta battle awhile, it hasn’t. It’s been on there all of one day. That’s the lie.

No the meta build has been there quite some time. It just changed out one trait line. Really stop arguing this point, it’s dumb. The same exact meta build that uses the same exact rotation had one trait line swapped because WHaO was too good. The whole argument was whether or not you could get perma 25 stacks of might with WHaO before it was nerfed and I proved that you could in fact do so, and it matched the meta build minus swapping axe for warhorn which is a marginal dps increase.

Please actually have an argument. Idk how you’re not getting infractions for just constantly flaming me, but it really is getting annoying.

You are ignoring this

This assumes some kind of impossible situation where you are never not swapping to a stalker since it will be 32 seconds between the applications of mighty roar (not counting the 3s cast time) if one were to keep zephyr’s speed on cool down.

-Swap to Stalker, Proc zephyr for 15s, Proc Roar for 22s
-Swap again to Proc zephyr for 15s, Roar has 6s left
-Swap back to Stalker, Roar has been expired for 10 seconds and needs another 3 seconds to reapply.

It is not possible to swap to the next pet and back to the stalker before Mighty Roar expires.

and the fact that even if it was possible on paper it was completely unviable in a fight.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Look at all the red posts. Let this night go down in history as The Ranger Riots of 1328 AE.

And rightly so.

Nothing will turn eyes away faster than a riot. Don’t even go there! (Even if you were kidding, which I hope you were. )

Let’s provide actual, gameplay-based feedback and look for changes in the future. But let’s not post to be rude, comment to add nothing, or repeat endlessly the same reactions. Give details, give solid input, that’s what we should do. And yes, “we” includes… me!

Haha yeah I was joking sorry. The change to WHaO originally was too much imo and I think that the current functionality is a nice little buff to a heal that was in a decent place before it received any changes at all. Am fine with the change.

I am sorry, but after 3 years the Ranger got a decent buff and you complained until it was changed within 24 hours… Sure it needed a little bit of shaving, but after 24 hours they destroyed this skill.

On the other hand, if Ranger is not supposed to boon stack by sacrificing 99% of condi removal, then why can elementalist stack so many boons and survive and damage.

Why can mesmers basically 1 shot people with a GS / Mind wrack combo doing almost 20k damage?

The way to fix this skill was not by making it near worthless, but by shaving it, SLOWLY… Funny thing is, I have played since headstart and ANet says they do not make knee jerk reactions to balance…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

PSSST. That is 16 permanent stax of might.

Right, but we were arguing base stacks.

Yeah. My point was there are 16 stax of might that the ranger can maintain without WHaO on a permanent basis.

5 from JG stalker (Naturemagic + Beastmastery = 22s duration on a 20s CD)
3 from Call of the Wild Warhorn (Windborne Notes + Strength runes = 24s duration on a 24s cd)
3 from Clarion Bond (24s duration 24s CD)
2 from Sigil of battle (20s duration on a 9s CD)
3 Zephyr’s Speed (15s duration on a 15s CD)

These are all maintainable with moderate build sacrifice, before using WHaO to double the stax for their duration, meaning you could have had permanent 25 stax of might with the “old” WHaO (or close enough to not matter).

Sort of proved your argument for you, but I’ll butt out if you want…

The main issue here I see is the three second cast time of the Jungle Stalker’s roar. A 22s duration against a 20s cooldown and 3s cast time mean that you lose the stack unless you spec in for it.

It will cast it faster with Quickness.

Unless you can get that roar off in the .5 second duration left on the boon you would still need to heavily trait in for in.

If you start the cast with Quickness, you get the benefit for the whole cast, even if it expires while you are still casting.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

No the meta build has been there quite some time. It just changed out one trait line.

You’re right. It is dumb to try to show you where you lied because youre blinders are strong… Anyway, the point, so everyone knows, was the 20% boon duration in the meta build he reference which you get from NM only. Stating the build on meta battle has been there for “quite some time” is simply not true if you look through the history that is easy to see. Without said 20% boon duration there is no perma might self applied in a DPS build with BM that was there on meta battle 48 hours ago.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Look at all the red posts. Let this night go down in history as The Ranger Riots of 1328 AE.

And rightly so.

Nothing will turn eyes away faster than a riot. Don’t even go there! (Even if you were kidding, which I hope you were. )

Let’s provide actual, gameplay-based feedback and look for changes in the future. But let’s not post to be rude, comment to add nothing, or repeat endlessly the same reactions. Give details, give solid input, that’s what we should do. And yes, “we” includes… me!

Haha yeah I was joking sorry. The change to WHaO originally was too much imo and I think that the current functionality is a nice little buff to a heal that was in a decent place before it received any changes at all. Am fine with the change.

I am sorry, but after 3 years the Ranger got a decent buff and you complained until it was changed within 24 hours… Sure it needed a little bit of shaving, but after 24 hours they destroyed this skill.

On the other hand, if Ranger is not supposed to boon stack by sacrificing 99% of condi removal, then why can elementalist stack so many boons and survive and damage.

Why can mesmers basically 1 shot people with a GS / Mind wrack combo doing almost 20k damage?

The way to fix this skill was not by making it near worthless, but by shaving it, SLOWLY… Funny thing is, I have played since headstart and ANet says they do not make knee jerk reactions to balance…

I didn’t complain about anything, I simply pointed out that WHaO was op. Read the very first post in this thread and look at what word I ended my statement with.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fiodoir.4801

Fiodoir.4801

I just want to take a second to thank the lovely Gaile Gray for her support in this forum over the last few hours. A lot of humans say not so nice things on the Internet, and Gaile reads through all the good and bad and still offers us warm words of support. Online games need strong communication between players and developers to make their wonderful worlds flourish, and Gaile helps us do that with a passion you can’t help but feel.
I’m personally not that happy with the way this situation has been handled by almost everyone involved, and I hope it will be resolved soon. However, seeing Gaile’s comments here have made my day, and helped rekindle a bit of my hope in ArenaNet. So thank you.
Your fan,
~F

“Better a witty fool than a foolish wit”
- Shakespeare

in Ranger

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

PSSST. That is 16 permanent stax of might.

Right, but we were arguing base stacks.

Yeah. My point was there are 16 stax of might that the ranger can maintain without WHaO on a permanent basis.

5 from JG stalker (Naturemagic + Beastmastery = 22s duration on a 20s CD)
3 from Call of the Wild Warhorn (Windborne Notes + Strength runes = 24s duration on a 24s cd)
3 from Clarion Bond (24s duration 24s CD)
2 from Sigil of battle (20s duration on a 9s CD)
3 Zephyr’s Speed (15s duration on a 15s CD)

These are all maintainable with moderate build sacrifice, before using WHaO to double the stax for their duration, meaning you could have had permanent 25 stax of might with the “old” WHaO (or close enough to not matter).

Sort of proved your argument for you, but I’ll butt out if you want…

The main issue here I see is the three second cast time of the Jungle Stalker’s roar. A 22s duration against a 20s cooldown and 3s cast time mean that you lose the stack unless you spec in for it.

It will cast it faster with Quickness.

Unless you can get that roar off in the .5 second duration left on the boon you would still need to heavily trait in for in.

If you start the cast with Quickness, you get the benefit for the whole cast, even if it expires while you are still casting.

Oh, for sure. The boon I was referring to there wasn’t quickness, but rather the stack of might. It was a question of 22s duration vs 20s cooldown + 3s cast time or 22s duration vs 20s cooldown + 1.5s cast time. Quickness expiring wasn’t a factor here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

And rightly so.

I didn’t complain about anything, I simply pointed out that WHaO was op. Read the very first post in this thread and look at what word I ended my statement with.

With all the OP you shouted, you fail to provide any single build base on WHaO that can be considered OP in PVP.

You pointed out perma quickness, perma 25 mights, perma protection, perma fury, so where’s your build then? Show one and we can judge whether you’re believable or just bluffing no end.

All you do is theory-crafting the potential boon stacking in an unrealistic situation using sub-par build.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

No the meta build has been there quite some time. It just changed out one trait line.

You’re right. It is dumb to try to show you where you lied because youre blinders are strong… Anyway, the point, so everyone knows, was the 20% boon duration in the meta build he reference which you get from NM only. Stating the build on meta battle has been there for “quite some time” is simply not true if you look through the history that is easy to see. Without said 20% boon duration there is no perma might self applied in a DPS build with BM that was there on meta battle 48 hours ago.

Yeah he clearly ignores anything that shows he is wrong. I honestly don’t know what he’s still doing here, he already got his ranger nerf. Shouldn’t he be moving on to another class to cry about? I heard thief got a pistol buff, P/P will still be a terrible build but I’m sure it is blowing up some noobs, maybe Mcrocha can go get that nerfed too.

in Ranger

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

@Oberon Vex

So? Even if it’s “on paper”, you must not ignore the fact that you cannot take things into account separately because a lot of skills and traits interact with each other.

Like how you said, cooldown for Zephyr’s Speed is 15sec, so? Do you know pet swap is 16sec? And how do you trigger Zephyr’s Speed other than pet swap?

I also pointed out elsewhere that you have to sacrifice damage for some silly boon stacking, dps food for boon duration food, str rune over scholar runes, spec into both nm and bm and can only have 1 of the rest instead of a combination of them etc. It is detrimental.

Basically, “on paper” is rubbish.

If i offended you I apologize. But if I see mistakes I point them out, and make things clearer for everyone.

And to bring forth my opinion, WHaO allowed easy access to boons and while some boons are broken, it is not exactly a viable way to sacrifice to get perma stacking.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

You are ignoring this

This assumes some kind of impossible situation where you are never not swapping to a stalker since it will be 32 seconds between the applications of mighty roar (not counting the 3s cast time) if one were to keep zephyr’s speed on cool down.

-Swap back to Stalker, Roar has been expired for 10 seconds and needs another 3 seconds to reapply.

It is not possible to swap to the next pet and back to the stalker before Mighty Roar expires.

and the fact that even if it was possible on paper it was completely unviable in a fight.

I am not ignoring it I just didn’t see it(hard when multiple people are replying to you at once). The extra 5 stacks are easily made up for with an extra sigil of battle and something like sigil of strength or runesets that apply might and might duration(strength for example) too tired to show math but rationally you will see it makes up for it. Furthermore, one of the main reasons it was nerfed as stated by Roy on Twitter was it was not intended to stack such long durations especially with ALLIES stacking boons on you. It doesn’t matter whether or not it was viable in a fight in pvp, because the argument was whether or not you could actually stack 25 might, say in pve environment, and you could do so.

Originally before I got in this dumb little kittening contest I didn’t think the skill was balanced because of the durations of Quickness you get which is much more viable in pvp(and would still stack probably about ~12 stacks of might pretty well.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

You are ignoring this

I am not ignoring it I just didn’t see it(hard when multiple people are replying to you at once). The extra 5 stacks are easily made up for with an extra sigil of battle and something like sigil of strength or runesets that apply might and might duration(strength for example) too tired to show math but rationally you will see it makes up for it. Furthermore, one of the main reasons it was nerfed as stated by Roy on Twitter was it was not intended to stack such long durations especially with ALLIES stacking boons on you. It doesn’t matter whether or not it was viable in a fight in pvp, because the argument was whether or not you could actually stack 25 might, say in pve environment, and you could do so.

Originally before I got in this dumb little kittening contest I didn’t think the skill was balanced because of the durations of Quickness you get which is much more viable in pvp(and would still stack probably about ~12 stacks of might pretty well.

Everyone already has 25 stacks of might in PvE because all it takes is having 1 ele or warrior in the party. That argument is as ridiculous as the rest of the terrible arguments you have made.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Yeah he clearly ignores anything that shows he is wrong. I honestly don’t know what he’s still doing here, he already got his ranger nerf. Shouldn’t he be moving on to another class to cry about? I heard thief got a pistol buff, P/P will still be a terrible build but I’m sure it is blowing up some noobs, maybe Mcrocha can go get that nerfed too.

Nah I’m just not replying to that guy anymore he literally only flames me, but it appears you do the same thing. GG I guess. Just for fun you can go on my posting history and look back and see which class forum I post on and have posted on for three years and then get back to me about telling me to go to other class forums. KThxBai

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

You are ignoring this

Everyone already has 25 stacks of might in PvE because all it takes is having 1 ele or warrior in the party. That argument is as ridiculous as the rest of the terrible arguments you have made.

SOLO bud. Solo.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

You are ignoring this

SOLO bud. Solo.

So where’s your almighty build to prove everyone wrong?

If it’s just solo, even Necro and Thief can easily make himself 25 stacks of might lol..

https://youtu.be/QMNsVVW7YVI

So do you wanna shout signet thief OP now?
OMG 20 stacks of mights and quickness in 1 second!

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Nothing but strawmans and ad hominem on here jeez.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Nah I’m just not replying to that guy anymore he literally only flames me, but it appears you do the same thing. GG I guess. Just for fun you can go on my posting history and look back and see which class forum I post on and have posted on for three years and then get back to me about telling me to go to other class forums. KThxBai

You know what, “Just for fun” I did check and you haven’t posted on any class forum for 3 years since your first post was in January. Hell I have about that and this is my second account. But keep those lies coming.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

You are ignoring this

SOLO bud. Solo.

You literally just posted this, " it was not intended to stack such long durations especially with ALLIES stacking boons on you."

For kittens sake, you even capitalized “allies”.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

You know what, “Just for fun” I did check and you haven’t posted on any class forum for 3 years since your first post was in January. Hell I have about that and this is my second account. But keep those lies coming.

Puck, check the video I posted.

After watching it, you’d begin to think how silly those ranger haters are.

And yes, that thief build is left untouched, and no-one even once think it’s OP.
We call it high risk high reward, which is exactly our pre-nerf WHaO do.

If it’s just solo short duration 25 stacks might, even Necro, Guardian, Thief can do it.
(Eng, War, Ele can do this for the whole group though).
I bet he also never see Signet of Inspiration Mesmer in action. (They pass all their boons to THE WHOLE PARTY, not just themselves)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I guess the forums don’t show years anymore. But it is:
January a couple of years ago. If you’ll notice the second to last post is about how guard used to have the functionality way back when of allowing pets to scale walls in wvw, but you probably don’t care.

Edit: actually you just have to click on the time stamp and it will show years, but again you probably don’t care

(edited by Mcrocha.3891)

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

I do not mind the WHaO change aside from the 3 might stack cap. You have to give up your heal for it. This is literally the best example of risk vs reward that you could come up with at least with respect to GW2. At the very least, up the might stacks given to around 8-10 if the balance team insists on have a might stack cap though my personal opinion is there shouldn’t be one.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

I do not mind the WHaO change aside from the 3 might stack cap. You have to give up your heal for it. This is literally the best example of risk vs reward that you could come up with at least with respect to GW2. At the very least, up the might stacks given to around 8-10 if the balance team insists on have a might stack cap though my personal opinion is there shouldn’t be one.

Even if the might stack was 8~10 it wouldn’t really be a reward, there is no reason to ever use WHaO again.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

If the build didn’t work, then why does it matter that it got nerfed?

it’s not because it was nerfed but how it was.

less than 24 hours to nerf a skill which what wasn’t even used in pvp, it wasn’t broken as some people said.

How can you know it wasn’t used in pvp when it was only around for 24 hours? lol

ok let’s say people used it so what?

Actually I was using it, but it was worse than ranger meta build.
No condi cleanse, break stun each 60s little support to team, but quickness, quickness was so op 30s I was a god.

The heal itself was/is bad the buff was good enough to try now it’s nerfed so it’s kitteneless heal again because troll is so much better.

You could literally just run the meta build and slot WHaO over TU and take Zephyrs Speed over Beastly Warden. The meta could’ve shifted towards that, but we won’t know because it wasn’t around long enough.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Back to having 2 usable heal skills. (More like one seeing how clumsy healing spring is.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

At this point it’s no longer about whether it’s a buff or nerf anymore.

It’s how Anet sees ranger.

No, it’s not. The trait was not acting as intended. I’m sorry that you feel that rangers need broken traits to be competitive, but Anet is going to fix these regardless of what class. Both guardians and engineers had traits disabled because they were not acting as intended. It has nothing to do with class preference, but instead appropriate game balance.

Let’s not forget that it is still a buff from Heal As One.

You don’t actually play ranger. We are a broken class. 3 years and counting, they don’t fix us, just nerf us.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Wow, they butchered WhaO. Why would they butcher the might copy? Jesus. The issue was with permanent protection and quickness. Back to never using it again i suppose….

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Even if the might stack was 8~10 it wouldn’t really be a reward, there is no reason to ever use WHaO again.

You probably quoted me right as I edited. Like I said, I don’t think a might cap is necessary but upping the cap is better than not if the people who balance are adamant that there should be one but again, I strongly disagree with that notion.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

January a couple of years ago. If you’ll notice the second to last post is about how guard used to have the functionality way back when of allowing pets to scale walls in wvw, but you probably don’t care.

Edit: actually you just have to click on the time stamp and it will show years, but again you probably don’t care

You know what, you are right, I don’t care. None of that justifies spreading misinformation across as many threads as you could so you could see something that you didn’t care for get nerfed into uselessness.
With how long ranger has been underpowered anyone that really cared about the class would be trying to get it the buffs it needs to be competitive. They wouldn’t be saying stupid crap like, “Ranger shouldn’t be able to stack might because every other class can and I don’t want all the classes to be the same.”

in Ranger

Posted by: xlAreslx.5860

xlAreslx.5860

I only play a few hours a week anymore due to school, but I saw the changes and got excited about this “We Heal as One” trait. I didn’t consider all the possibilities that have been brought to light (and argued over for 14 pages now). I have no doubt that the modified WHaO was OP, but can we take a look at how this skill was completely nerfed into the ground? Copy each boon for a mediocre 3-4 seconds is ridiculous (even with amazing boon duration you will be lucky to get past 4 to 4.5 secs of any particular boon). Three stacks of might only? If that boon duration is going to be nerfed so hard, at least let the might jump up to 7 or so. The update to WHaO was beneficial compared to what it was previously no doubt. If it needs to be hit with the nerf bat (which it did), dont hit it out of the park, never to be seen again. As it stands, the skill now has nearly been brought back to what it was previously. There are very little strategic plays that can be made now with so short of a boon copy duration.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

You know what, you are right, I don’t care. None of that justifies spreading misinformation across as many threads as you could so you could see something that you didn’t care for get nerfed into uselessness.
With how long ranger has been underpowered anyone that really cared about the class would be trying to get it the buffs it needs to be competitive. They wouldn’t be saying stupid crap like, “Ranger shouldn’t be able to stack might because every other class can and I don’t want all the classes to be the same.”

Misattributing things to me now I see. Is that an actual quote by me because I don’t remember saying it haha, probably because I didn’t. But anyway I don’t know how you can claim that I didn’t care for WHaO since it is the very first thing I tested out on patch day. Probably another case of you attributing ideas to me that I have never actually held. Idc about Ranger being UP, I was rolling full glass lb build before hunters shot buff, rf buff, and auto damage scaling at range buff. I play Ranger because I genuinely enjoy playing it and don’t give a crap when I’ve gotten cheesed by the latest FoTM builds over the years.

It’s funny actually because eles were mediocre in the roaming scene for quite awhile until d/d came to be and then they had to nerf it because people qq too much, so they changed Ride the Lightning and Updraft iirc. But now they’re back. FoTM builds come and go, but my enjoyment and the happiness from playing Ranger has remained this whole time.

All the old players on the forums who had such great ideas and feedback just don’t play or care anymore and have stopped posting because Ranger has been relegated to bottom tier since forever(except the spirit phase, that was funny with all the qq) and the players are left with the impression that Ranger isn’t meant to be good. One day, all of the people on here who are screaming for Anets throats will stop posting too. And that’s ok bc at the end of the day all that matters is whether you enjoy playing the class since it’s just a game after all.

End soliloquy I suppose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I was all in favor of switching over to standardized boon durations for WHAO’s boon transfer ala Fortifying Bond. Awesome as it was as just a flat transfer, it was also sort of ridiculous how much benefit you could get from it.

But limiting might to 3 stacks is just way overdoing it. 3 stacks of might is nothing. Its a single burst finisher in a fire field, probably with a lot less duration to boot (admittedly I haven’t play with the new version yet personally and can’t seem to find concrete duration numbers, but I imagine its the same as Fortifying Bond or worse). Its a single cast of our new Call of the Wild, again with less duration. Tons of builds and classes in the game can maintain 10, 15, even more might with little effort. But this has to be limited to a paltry 3? Why?

Getting might from our pet via WHAO is the one reasonable way this skill shined, since its one of the big boons that Rangers can’t apply all that much to themselves but can apply in greater numbers to the pet. And now its so limited that it may as well not even exist at all.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Misattributing things to me now I see. Is that an actual quote by me because I don’t remember saying it haha, probably because I didn’t. But anyway I don’t know how you can claim that I didn’t care for WHaO since it is the very first thing I tested out on patch day. Probably another case of you attributing ideas to me that I have never actually held. Idc about Ranger being UP, I was rolling full glass lb build before hunters shot buff, rf buff, and auto damage scaling at range buff. I play Ranger because I genuinely enjoy playing it and don’t give a crap when I’ve gotten cheesed by the latest FoTM builds over the years.

It’s funny actually because eles were mediocre in the roaming scene for quite awhile until d/d came to be and then they had to nerf it because people qq too much, so they changed Ride the Lightning and Updraft iirc. But now they’re back. FoTM builds come and go, but my enjoyment and the happiness from playing Ranger has remained this whole time.

All the old players on the forums who had such great ideas and feedback just don’t play or care anymore and have stopped posting because Ranger has been relegated to bottom tier since forever(except the spirit phase, that was funny with all the qq) and the players are left with the impression that Ranger isn’t meant to be good. One day, all of the people on here who are screaming for Anets throats will stop posting too. And that’s ok bc at the end of the day all that matters is whether you enjoy playing the class since it’s just a game after all.

End soliloquy I suppose.

I’m glad you are having fun at everyone else’s expense. If you care as little about balance as you claim, feel free to stop actively trying to prevent rangers from getting buffs.

As for the quote….

My argument would be that it is not intended for the Ranger to easily get 25 stacks of might like other classes. Seriously people need to stop comparing the Ranger to other classes and saying stuff like its not fair that “x class can do y and Rangers can’t”. If you want every class to be the same so badly then try a different game. Furthermore, if this is what you want so badly then I don’t see the problem with the current meta and everyone just rolling d/d eles since they’re all the same.

Close enough for ya?

in Ranger

Posted by: danofzi.4870

danofzi.4870

I was impressed by dev “fix” WHao in 24 hours without any OP build work, and still let the obvious bug of Healing Spring left behind us…

Dragonbrand Guild NNK
Ranger

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

As for the quote….

My argument would be that it is not intended for the Ranger to easily get 25 stacks of might like other classes. Seriously people need to stop comparing the Ranger to other classes and saying stuff like its not fair that “x class can do y and Rangers can’t”. If you want every class to be the same so badly then try a different game. Furthermore, if this is what you want so badly then I don’t see the problem with the current meta and everyone just rolling d/d eles since they’re all the same.

Close enough for ya?

Well if you actually had a quote then why didn’t you use it haha? But anyway here’s what I’ll tell you, if you go back and look for the context of that quote then you would see that someone asked me what Anets argument would be as to why Rangers cannot stack boons like other classes. That is not my own opinion, that is what I said that their argument would most likely be. And you know why I know that that is Anets opinion? Because that’s what Roy actually said in some of his tweets. Once again, using evidence here. It really is tiresome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I cannot see a reason why WHaO would ever come off my bar, especially now that it has been buffed so much to swap boons to our pet AND BACK, it’s really the best heal by far now. Combine it with Lyssa/Defender/Altruism/Trooper Runes, add in Resounding Timbre and its just unbelievably good.

I don’t get what all the QQ is about, you don’t want one heal being 10x better than the others, which is what it was without boon duration caps.

We need general improvements over a lot of areas, not just one massive hit in one place.

in Ranger

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

OK first of all thanks to everyone crying about something because ranger finally got something fun to use even though it was very niche. You can go now, ruin other classes but please make it elementalists.

IF they were to use their efforts they could improve our existing weapon sets and skills as well as our shouts. But that’s too much I guess. No dev’s reading the ranger forum I guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

Poor Irenio makes something functional and Roy craps all over because a ranger probably killed him on his ele

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

As for the quote….

Close enough for ya?

Well if you actually had a quote then why didn’t you use it haha? But anyway here’s what I’ll tell you, if you go back and look for the context of that quote then you would see that someone asked me what Anets argument would be as to why Rangers cannot stack boons like other classes. That is not my own opinion, that is what I said that their argument would most likely be. And you know why I know that that is Anets opinion? Because that’s what Roy actually said in some of his tweets. Once again, using evidence here. It really is tiresome.

Again, Roy is one of the dev’s that was making “machine gun wielding bear bow” jokes and on the fly balance decisions that turned MDG into a GM trait, and most recently made another snap decision (less than 24 kittening hours) to nerf into the dirt the one interesting change we have gotten in 6 months.

This is not someone you quote as evidence. This is the example you use of what not to do.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

As for the quote….

Close enough for ya?

Again, Roy is one of the dev’s that was making “machine gun wielding bear bow” jokes and on the fly balance decisions that turned MDG into a GM trait, and most recently made another snap decision (less than 24 kittening hours) to nerf into the dirt the one interesting change we have gotten in 6 months.

This is not someone you quote as evidence. This is the example you use of what not to do.

Probably so man, but all I’m saying is that is what he thinks and he’s a dev. What we think doesn’t really matter. Let’s agree to disagree ok? I’m going to sleep now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

As for the quote….

Close enough for ya?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

The only thing that I find truly strange about this “fix” is that it inadvertently acknowledges that the boon durations on Engineer, Elementalist and Warrior are fine. I find that particularly strange, especially considering that as an Elementalist it’s incredibly easy to maintain near permanent swiftness, might, regeneration, fury and protection. That doesn’t include the ease of access to stability, condition cleansing, raw damage from burning, mobility and control.

It’s bizarre.

On a side note, the bigger issue here is the fact that Boons are out of control and as long as some professions have ease of access to them, others will feel left out. Limiting Boons to 30 seconds maximum for all professions would be a good thing.

(edited by Lewis Burnell.2493)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Tried to say it before. Anet looks only at if it can be done or not. There is no care about whether it’s viable or not.

Next up on the slate: Daze durations, Moment of Clarity, and the Druid. Mark these words: More nerfs are coming, and it’s going to hit the Druid hardest and trickle further down affecting the core Ranger.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

As for the quote….

Close enough for ya?

Here:

So, if they’ll just “lock” boon sharing duration to 10sec it will be fine.
Less than that will be awful.

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

My entire point there was that they have no rational justification for their ranger design. Their ranger design has been underpowered as hell for three years straight.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

We need general improvements over a lot of areas, not just one massive hit in one place.

When they actually start doing that they can look at what might need to be toned down. They are incredibly quick to nerf anything that benefits rangers as soon as it’s brought to their attention, and they are unbelievably slow to fix the problems. And as you well know we aren’t talking about a difference in weeks, we have had things that will remain broken for years, but something like this gets nerfed in under 24 hours. How can anyone justify that?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

As for the quote….

Close enough for ya?

Here:

So, if they’ll just “lock” boon sharing duration to 10sec it will be fine.
Less than that will be awful.

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

My entire point there was that they have no rational justification for their ranger design. Their ranger design has been underpowered as hell for three years straight.

Lol I love the multiple examples popping up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

After getting a few more hours of PvE in with HaO on my bar I can say that it doesn’t even feel like the skill was buffed. The boons fall off too quickly and 3 stacks of might are barley noticeable. At this point I feel like they should just remove the boon copy effect and try something different. Maybe try it on Strength of the Pack instead? Longer CD would allows for longer boons without the worry of having them last forever.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

The dev who nerfed ranger was not even the Dev thats supposed to be doing that. what a joke.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

What made this sincerely interesting once you outgrew the stacking gimmick was the risk vs.reward desicion you experienced to sacrifice your heal for offensive gain, and the way it made me value my living pet.

I’d prefer to see a fix work off of the appealing part and narrow the build possibilities into something more focused, than keep the broad applications and end as something so featureless.

I can forgive limited, but there’s just no forgiving bland.

Something more like : Limit WHAOs transfer effect to In Combat Only status and only for Offense Buffs but their full or near-full duration.

This really focuses on the risk vs reward by removing your ability to undermine the risk with things like transferred protection and regen, and removes silly stacking tricks that may be encouraging unwanted behaviors by removing your ability to persist them from one instance of combat to another. But it keeps that heat of the moment judgement call, the new highly refreshing reason to value my pet as a boon cache, and the pet class staple of encouraging your enemy to target your pet.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)