Should Skyhammer Be A Tourny Map?

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I don’t mind there being maps solely made for fun, and not for tournament rotation, as this is what this map is.

You have a map with break through floors, jump pads, and a treb that is undodgable, unblockable. What skill is there in that in just CCing someone while they get annihilated by that. Sure it makes everyone play different builds, but in a 3-round tournament, you cannot change builds, you can change utilities and traits.

Still to early to call it a bad map, but it is definitely not going into tournament rotation with that super treb.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

I want a map where I can PVP, not a map where I can troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Clap.1507

Clap.1507

Keep it in rotation. Most fun I’ve had playing in a while.

Blackgate Invader [HB]

in PvP

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

This is the worst map i have ever see complitely nonsense …. delete this map forever or put this map only in hotjoin… DELETE SKYHAMMER IN TOURNAMENT

lrn2position

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I want a map where I can PVP, not a map where I can troll.

Are you attacking wurms at the bottom of the map? Otherwise you can’t really do anything BUT PVP…

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

This map is crazy.

jump pads act weird, sometime when you charge to your foe with a charge skill you’ll be sent flying around, sometimes you’ll even go UNDER the panel and just fall down and die.

Ah, also DAT 10 K UNDODGEABLE NUKE.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This map is fun. Although maybe nerf the cannon damage slightly

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

This map is awful and should be taken out of rotation right now.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

This map is awful and should be taken out of rotation right now.

It’s not awful, just crazy.

Too many jumps, weird pathing and dat 10k nuke really ruin it.

It would have been very fun if only was better thought out.

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

sweet! pvp map designed to minimize pvp. shouldn’t even be in hot join rotation imo

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

The only problem I see with this map is that sometimes you survive the falls and must allow the wurms to kill you before you can die and rejoin your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

yes it should

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

This is literally the worst map I have ever seen. Thief is unplayable on this map. You either have to fight on point with ALOT of invulnerability/block against the laser, or you’re completely useless. Everyone packs nonsensical CC or Stability. This… map is just awful.

This map negates any skill I may have. Dodging doesn’t even work. Cannot kite effectively either.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Favorite map by far.

Such fun.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

It’s a fun concept map, but in practice it favors a select few builds with the knock-off mechanic, and how most of the encounters are ultra-close range making ranged builds (i.e. 90% of previous builds) much weaker.

(edited by vorpal.1497)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Really well done. Maps like temple, spirit watch, and skyhammer really add a second objective to the game and make the matches much more exciting than focusing on kill the other teams DPS. The cannon should be dodgeable and lower CD or longer CD like a full ten sec maybe? The discombobulated effect is very nice in my opinion and i’m glad it is included.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

This is literally the worst map I have ever seen. Thief is unplayable on this map. You either have to fight on point with ALOT of invulnerability/block against the laser, or you’re completely useless. Everyone packs nonsensical CC or Stability. This… map is just awful.

This map negates any skill I may have. Dodging doesn’t even work. Cannot kite effectively either.

You obviously haven’t used scorpion wire on someone into the destructible floor or coordinated a tripwire with a banish from your guard teammate…

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

It’s a fun concept map, but in practice it favors a select few builds with the knock-off mechanic, and how most of the encounters are ultra-close range making ranged builds (i.e. 90% of previous builds) much weaker.

You have seen the jump ledges on point B right?

Guess not…

in PvP

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

You have seen the jump ledges on point B right?

Guess not…

Yeah you’re in about 400 range of whatever is going on at point B while on the ledge, and the cannon has infinite vertical range so you’re going to be eating that too.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I love watching people enter the portal to skyhammer while I run over the glass and setup Mesmer 4 focus and as soon as they enter, down they go to the sandworms, they don’t have a chance to dodge at all!!!

Also when im not on skyhammer I love running over the glass on the side points and people come around the corner and fall because they didn’t expect it to be broken already.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Its a interesting map but it is not a tourny map please remove it from the queue. If you want to play it join one of the hundred Skyhammer only maps in spvp

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: threothree.2618

threothree.2618

You obviously haven’t used scorpion wire on someone into the destructible floor or coordinated a tripwire with a banish from your guard teammate…

Scorpion wire works? Nice. Today I managed to sword 2 root someone on a platform and then blink off, bait someone with spike trap, fear a necro off the cannon platform, and downed teleport onto a platform to take my stomper down with me. trolololol.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Its a interesting map but it is not a tourny map please remove it from the queue. If you want to play it join one of the hundred Skyhammer only maps in spvp

With raid on Capricorn you had underwater which made it not a tournament map, with spirit watch you have people using speedhacks which makes it not a tournament map.

With skyhammer its just all skill, have to learn how to dodge and avoid the knockbacks. Theres nothing un balanced about skyhammer. No reason for it to not be a tournament map. The cannon works pretty similar to trebuchet in khylo one thing different is easier to aim and hits harder.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

You obviously haven’t realized that a Terrormancer/Hammer Warrior can do this far better than a Thief.

I like how the entire kitten ed meta is about to change just for this specific map.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Love the map, tornado finally useful XD

in PvP

Derps.7421

With raid on Capricorn you had underwater which made it not a tournament map, with spirit watch you have people using speedhacks which makes it not a tournament map.

With skyhammer its just all skill, have to learn how to dodge and avoid the knockbacks. Theres nothing un balanced about skyhammer. No reason for it to not be a tournament map. The cannon works pretty similar to trebuchet in khylo one thing different is easier to aim and hits harder.

Their is no skill involved with skyhammer lol jesus christ. Its lolololol look here the floor is breakable look here theirs an undodgeable 10k nuke with an area that is big enough to cover a point. Its not about dodging its the fact that their are mechanics that instantly kill you. I like this map is intresting when i do hot join i will play it when i do tpvp i don’t want ways to fall to my death. The only way this could be a tpvp map is if they remove every possible way for you to fall to your death. No more breakable floors no more open back walls and if they made the jump pads an action skill instead of a lawl you slightly touch it and you fly and if they made the cannon kill able and gave it a little amount of life and when its dead it stays dead. Then this map would be amazing for tournys.

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

There is literally no skill involved in Skyhammer. It’s based entirely on builds, luck, and the dumb cannon. The Cannon does not work at all like the Trebuchet, if it did, I’d hate the map a bit less. Firstly there is no skill in it’s usage. Secondly the laser seems to be undodgeable and ignores collision. As far as I’m concerned, you have to have enormous access to stability/Invulnerability or CC just to compete on this map. Which is absolutely stupid. Any map that forces you to rewrite your builds just to be viable is incomprehensibly bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Oh no, the bunkers aren’t as viable anymore as they were before, what now?
Srsly guys you just need to watch were you are standing right know, but whatever
qq more….
Imo it’s the best map ever, and all others should be reworked to something simmilar.

BUT Fighting while in Air needs to be improved, since it doesn’t feel/work right. =/

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

There is literally no skill involved in Skyhammer. It’s based entirely on builds, luck, and the dumb cannon. The Cannon does not work at all like the Trebuchet, if it did, I’d hate the map a bit less. Firstly there is no skill in it’s usage. Secondly the laser seems to be undodgeable and ignores collision. As far as I’m concerned, you have to have enormous access to stability/Invulnerability or CC just to compete on this map. Which is absolutely stupid. Any map that forces you to rewrite your builds just to be viable is incomprehensibly bad.

Positioning and timing aren’t considered skill?

in PvP

Posted by: GuilguiS.2738

GuilguiS.2738

“Any map that forces you to rewrite your builds just to be viable is incomprehensibly bad.”

This pretty much sums up how the QQers feel.

LEARN TO PLAY!

in PvP

Derps.7421

If this becomes a tourny map so many tpvpers will quit because of how unbalanced the map is /thread

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

If this becomes a tourny map so many tpvpers will quit because of how unbalanced the map is /thread

It is a turney map right now… /thread

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Joined a Skyhammer room. Proceeded to the point. Floor vanished from below me. 5 points to Gryffindor. gg

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Positioning and timing aren’t considered skill?

Timing? You’re literally forced to use invulnerability or gtfo on most points. There’s practically no positioning except camping on the top pillars or not standing on glass. Evasive classes such as Ranger and Thief get immediately put at a disadvantage because of that. It’s Battle of Khylo, but bad.

“Any map that forces you to rewrite your builds just to be viable is incomprehensibly bad.”

This pretty much sums up how the QQers feel.

LEARN TO PLAY!

Excuse me if I believe that if a single map requires you to either use 2 types of builds, or be completely unviable/suck, that map is designed poorly.

in PvP

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I think it’s a terrible map for tournament. It heavily favors certain classes over others. If your team does not control the laser.. YOU LOSE. And there are some classes that are better at staying at the laser than other ones (i.e. engineer).

(edited by Kojiden.8405)

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

This map is worse than Crapricorn. It has no redeeming qualities.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

There is skill involved, in order to not get knockbacked off the map fight with your back to the wall, watch when your enemy uses up his knockbacks.
If you follow your enemy over a glass floor your an idiot because it’ll break when your on it.
You can dodge the cannon, its called getting out of the AoE.

This map is all about skill and common sense. Because when I bunker side nodes, I always take the glass off, so idiots run right into the pit. I just wish I got points for them falling, so hard to tag them when they run straight into it.

If you run into a pit, you just don’t have any skills.
Positioning is a big big thing in this map and only the most skillful have the best positioning.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I never understood developers obsession with floating maps. They did this in one of my favorite shooters and honestly falling to your death is terrible. It is even worse then 1 shot bursts.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

It could be, they just need to tone down the laser… a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I’m one of the few people that’s OK with Spirit Watch, but Skyhammer is literally the worst competitive PvP map I have seen in any game. The laser is way too big. There is way too much of a focus on Z-axis play. Stability, knockbacks, fear, and immobilize are way too important.

It’s fine to require players to slightly alter builds from match to match, but this map puts way too much of an emphasis on builds and classes.

It’s just awful. I’m sure it’s a fun casual map, but it needs to be hotfixed out of the tournament rotation right now.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

what ever. the new map is great. adapt and learn to play.

New map is fully of buggy jumps, tiny cramped corriders + cap points, stupidly common opportunities for knockbacks to be 1-shot kills, and a secondary mechanic cannon that IS NOT DODGEABLE and is absurdly difficult to assault 1v1.

It’s fun to kitten around on, but it shouldn’t be a tourney map.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

People are literally apologizing for attacking each other in my tournament matches because it’s understandable that someone would rather complain in map chat than play.

Again, cool casual map; awful tournament map.

in PvP

Derps.7421

Its a fun map its just not a tourny map. If you want to play skyhammer it should be spvp i have seen tons of skyhammer only 5v5 8v8 and 10v10 maps go play those just please remove it from tpvp. Any map that have a 1 shot completely unfair change your build for this 1 map mechanic should not be in tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

It’s nice, the programmed in a 3 day tournament break into the rotation. you mind making sure its on thursday as I usually have other commitments on wednesday.

The map is fun for Hotjoins, but this should have never been placed in the tournament rotation. I am seeing people play 3 engies (flamethrower, toolkit) either another engie (same spec) or ranger full knockback w/ pig and wolf for fear and longbow, gs. This map is a gigantic joke because you don’t actually need to kill anyone, you just hit them into holes. It’s like playing pin ball, I do not support this being in a competetive mode in anyway, shape or form. This map is literally the way to stop me from playing, I was actually having a fairly enjoyable experience (even with no team) playing the game, but if this makes it into tournaments I am considering just stopping playing.

As for a map that you can just have “fun” on however, this map delivers. But as far as competitive play it is far from acceptable.

(edited by Taym.8326)

in PvP

Derps.7421

You want this map to be in tournys? Remove the breakable floors remove the fact the fact that you can be knocked off the map make the jump pads interactive like picking up a bundle instead of “lawl you lightly touched it when using a gap closer your kittened now” and lastly either remove the cannon or reduce its damage to that of the trebs and make it destructible and give it no way to be repaired

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Reduce the skyhammer blast radius. Its freaking huge. If your in the middle of it, it takes 2 dodges to get out of it. And if your fighting over a point, chances are you don’t have 2 dodges in you.

The blast is huge, the damage is huge, the cooldown is tiny. Whoever gets the canon first, wins. Then the canon area is tiny with glass everywhere, so its easily defendable. So its near impossible to take back. I can’t believe this map was released like this.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

No, it shouldn’t. Tourny maps shouldn’t favor already OP classes and have weird and funny mechanics that sacrifice balance. Treb, Lords and Chief/Svanir aren’t nearly as important as the cannon and knockback-favors on Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalel.4076

Kalel.4076

this map honestly made me hate my own team for conforming and running straight bunker guardians and just spamming knockbacks until they win. its pretty terrible that you can win without doing any damage at all. And no it does not take skill. 3 people spamming knockback one will hit. and u will die.

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Every one mentions stability, but if you bring something up, bring up the CD/Uptime on it too.

It last 5 seconds people…with a 24 Second CD if your traited into shouts…

This map is not even about PvP, its about avoiding getting knocked down a hole…

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Necca.9147

Necca.9147

Anet was taking small steps towards esports, and has now taken a big leap away from them. Imagine a football game … and this week the goals will be in two balconies, and there will be a big hole in the middle where players will fall and receive a red card directly … I think football players would go to another sport … So would viewers. I dont like this map, i dont wanna it in the tourney rotation, i am really sad….