Sick Of The Disrespect To NA Teams

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I’m hearing it everywhere now, (even from shoutcasters and so called analysts)… and honestly it’s really starting to irritate me.

Some of these comments include but are not limited to:

“Abjured only wins because there are no good teams/players in North America.”

“Bring over some EU teams to the NA Go4 Cups so we can give The Abjured some competition.”

“Abjured doesn’t really have good teams to play against in NA so we’re not quite sure what they are capable of.”

You know what, if you brought over some EU teams, they would get crushed by The Abjured too. Period.

… “Yeah right Jasher, you’re an idiot, EU teams have beat the Abjured before.”

To be fair I can only think of 2 teams that “could” potentially beat the current roster of the Abjured.

TCG and oRNG. Hats off to those teams, they have very good players.

But that is just TWO teams.
-
Everyone else would get demolished. If you don’t think so, you’re in denial.

And you know what… I think a lot of our NA teams would surprise a lot of the naysayers when it comes to the talent a lot of the North American teams bring to the table…

In other words, I sincerely believe that some of our NA teams would manhandle most of these “competitive” EU teams.

The sad part is that we’ll never know for sure because it’s unrealistic to set up LAN events for a wider group right now.
-
If what you mean is that EU has 1 extra top tier team than NA, then sure. But I think it’s foolish for you to assume that because our teams keep losing to Abjured that they aren’t great teams.

This whole thing that EU has better players/teams is a myth that the community keeps propagating without any substantiated evidence. The way they interpret the data is flawed.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

This wouldn’t be an issue if GW2 wasn’t trying to be an Esport with a small PvP community.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Eu has from what ive seen 3-4 teams who compete at a very high level. Where as NA only has 1 but i think teams like team risk and 1-2 others of ours are really good. Also its there opinion and theres nothing wrong with it. It creates a competitive atmosphere between the elite teams.

Anet seriously needs to upgrade the teams to the top 8 teams instead of a losers bracket so we can see more players playing at a elite level. So we can see the 2nd tier of teams from EU and NA face off against one another.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Um ok….so you’re saying that NA has no competition is a lie then in the same post claim only 2 teams could possibly beat Abjured, both of which are EU not NA.

I don’t get it, are you their cheerleader?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Um ok….so you’re saying that NA has no competition is a lie then in the same post claim only 2 teams could possibly beat Abjured, both of which are EU not NA.

I don’t get it, are you their cheerleader?

Me: 2000 LA Lakers could probably get the Championship title stripped from them by maybe 2 teams in the Eastern Conference. Maybe!

You: Are you saying that the entire western conference in 2000 had no competitive teams?

Me: Huh?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This wouldn’t be an issue if GW2 wasn’t trying to be an Esport with a small PvP community.

Not sure why that would make any difference at all.

I understand OP’s irritation and he has a point. NA’s lack of esport participation does not mean our teams here aren’t any good. That definitely doesn’t mean that our teams are not on part with EU. On the contrary, our teams (and a lot of solo players for that matter – pugquest) can go head to head with EU teams. To say NA teams are better than EU… there’s absolutely no proof to back that up. There’s only lack of competitive participation.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Nizio Nightblade.8109

Nizio Nightblade.8109

I’m hearing it everywhere now, (even from shoutcasters and so called analysts)… and honestly it’s really starting to irritate me.

“Bring over some EU teams to the NA Go4 Cups so we can give The Abjured some competition.”

“Abjured doesn’t really have good teams to play against in NA so we’re not quite sure what they are capable of.”

You know what, if you brought over some EU teams, they would get crushed by The Abjured too. Period.

To be fair I can only think of 2 teams that “could” potentially beat the current roster of the Abjured.

-

And you know what… I think a lot of our NA teams would surprise a lot of the naysayers when it comes to the talent a lot of the North American teams bring to the table…

In other words, I sincerely believe that some of our NA teams would manhandle most of these “competitive” EU teams.

The sad part is that we’ll never know for sure because it’s unrealistic to set up LAN events for a wider group right now.
-
If what you mean is that EU has 1 extra top tier team than NA, then sure. But I think it’s foolish for you to assume that because our teams keep losing to Abjured that they aren’t great teams.

This whole thing that EU has better players/teams is a myth that the community keeps propagating without any substantiated evidence. The way they interpret the data is flawed.

Actually 55 hp monks could give abjured a run for there money too if they could use there real roster. Since two of there members are 16 or 17 now. But in all honesty they’re right in the sense of NA doesn’t have the same skill teams as EU currently has. EU has 3~4 good teams and it’s a toss up who will win each week, but NA everyone knows Abjured is going to win atm.

Unless a new team is formed who can do what they can do i don’t see it yet. I know NA has good players but what those teams have is good comm’s, map recognition and knowing what the guy on his left and right are going to do.

So unless those top tier players can find away to debunk there mojo I don’t really see abjured having real competition until HoT comes out.

Talon Nighthawk [Edge] (DB Server)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

But Jasher, when Abjured wins, it’s rarely close. The difference in skill is clearly evident. The only time in the past few months where I recall Abjured coming close to losing was against the team with two mantra mesmers before the recharge bug was fixed.

NA’s lack of competition stems mostly from fickle rosters. How often do you see the same five players on a team from month to month? If NA could have a couple teams which were consistent, they could actually improve over time.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

It all stems down to a lack of PvP community…

This is NOT a popular PvP game in NA, period. The community is just TOO small.

Its simple, lack of players means lack of competition.

You had 7-8k viewers (was 10k i think but then china left because they were out of the tourney) on twitch watching the recent WTS finals

Anyone who seriously PvPs in GW2, PROBABLY watched the finals.

Guess what that tells me? there’s only a couple thousand PvP players period in this NA community lol.

You aren’t going to find highly competitive teams with such a small community like this!

in PvP

Jasher.6580

1. I think there are teams on NA (Not Abjured) who would whoop 55HPM
2. 55 cannot touch The Abjured.
3. A team beat Abjured in 1 round in the Go4 Cup today.
4. Saying that the skill difference is evident, I agree. Yes it is, but they would beat EU teams just as badly as they beat the NA teams. EU is just delusional in thinking they would put up any better competition than our teams.

It’s like Mike Tyson said, “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.”

The Abjured is that punch in the mouth.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I play in both regions so this is my unbiased take on this matter:

top EU pvpers seem to have a stronger camaraderie and generally liked by EU players

top NA seem to be more flaky, have more drama, more emotional and limited interaction with the rest of NA players

It seems that Helseth and ROM really do have loyal following. I know Ostrich Eggs also had a following and the pugs in his team looked up to him when he solo queued. He was chatty and friendly while being extraordinary

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

1. I think there are teams on NA (Not Abjured) who would whoop 55HPM
2. 55 cannot touch The Abjured.
3. A team beat Abjured in 1 round in the Go4 Cup today.
4. Saying that the skill difference is evident, I agree. Yes it is, but they would beat EU teams just as badly as they beat the NA teams. EU is just delusional in thinking they would put up any better competition than our teams.

It’s like Mike Tyson said, “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.”

The Abjured is that punch in the mouth.

I understand that NA teams need a little bit of respect, they are being crushed by Abjured, but this doent means they are bad… What you cant deny is that EU teams have more competition than NA teams… -.-’

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

LOL just LOL !!!!

W T F does any of this have to do with reward track chests ? Seriously. This crap all put together is so pointless.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Jasher.6580

What you cant deny is that EU teams have more competition than NA teams… -.-’

What are you using to support this statement?

What do you mean by more competition? I keep hearing this, but I don’t think it makes any sense.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

top EU pvpers seem to have a stronger camaraderie and generally liked by EU players

top NA seem to be more flaky, have more drama, more emotional and limited interaction with the rest of NA players

It seems that Helseth and ROM really do have loyal following. I know Ostrich Eggs also had a following and the pugs in his team looked up to him when he solo queued. He was chatty and friendly while being extraordinary

I think this is a fair assessment. But it has nothing to do with the ability to perform.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

What you cant deny is that EU teams have more competition than NA teams… -.-’

What are you using to support this statement?

What do you mean by more competition? I keep hearing this, but I don’t think it makes any sense.

I mean that the 4 top teams of EU will be a more tight match against Abjured than the top NA teams

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

abc.5790

I think this is a fair assessment. But it has nothing to do with the ability to perform.

If you form a top NA team that could compete w/ Abjured, I’ll be your biggest fan

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Jasher.6580

the 4 top teams of EU will be a more tight match against Abjured than the top NA teams

How do you know that? What are you using to support this claim?

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

EU players are still saying this after NA just won WTS? That’s kind of funny.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I would love to sink my teeth into some EU teams, if any read this and want to scrim, lemme know.

-The Big Damage from Radioactive[dk]
Firebird.8324

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Here is the reality. Adjured is the best team in the world at this point. After that though, 2-4 are all EU (oRNG, TCG, and rawr) and can beat any other team that NA can field.

You may not like it, but there is no team in NA that is in the same league as Abured or the top European teams. Maybe that will change, but as of right now, that is the fact.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

No need to link… this, you can say it, you know?

oRNG and TCG are a good match against Abjured, we have seen this the last two WTS, and if we know that theres two more teams in EU that can provide some interesting matches against TCG or oRNG, while Abjured just stomps 500-100/2-0 NA teams, we can conclude that top teams EU have better competition and performance than top NA teams, nothing more

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Jasher.6580

After that though, 2-4 are all EU (oRNG, TCG, and rawr) and can beat any other team that NA can field.

How do you or anyone else know that the NA teams are unable to beat those 2-4 teams? That is my question. Nobody knows this for sure. BUT EVERYONE keeps claiming it as fact.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

After that though, 2-4 are all EU (oRNG, TCG, and rawr) and can beat any other team that NA can field.

How do you or anyone else know that the NA teams are unable to beat those 2-4 teams? That is my question. Nobody knows this for sure. BUT EVERYONE keeps claiming it as fact.

Maybe when one of those teams win a competition, they will get more respect, or maybe if they actually play a close match against Abjured.

As you mention there is no direct matchups. You can only go based on how easy or difficult it is for Adjured to fight against those EU teams. The matchups are a lot closer than during the NA fights. I’m actually surprised you can’t tell the skill of teams by watching them.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Maybe when one of those teams win a competition, they will get more respect, or maybe if they actually play a close match against Abjured.

As you mention there is no direct matchups. You can only go based on how easy or difficult it is for Adjured to fight against those EU teams. The matchups are a lot closer than during the NA fights. I’m actually surprised you can’t tell the skill of teams by watching them.

Which EU team outside of TCG and oRNG has played a close match with the current Abjured roster (since their winning streak)?

You CANNOT go based on how easy or how difficult it was for the Abjured to fight against those EU teams.

Styles make fights.

Joe Frazier beat Muhammed Ali. Foreman beat Frazier. Ali knocked out Foreman.

Try to look at this on a scientific level. You are looking at the results of a specific data cluster and applying the results from that data to determine the outcome of another data set which has a fundamentally different mosaic.

I argue that outside of TCG and oRNG, the current, more advanced Abjured (the one who is dismantling everyone at the moment) would just as decisively destroy all these “competitive” teams.

I’m actually surprised that you don’t think I can tell the skill of the teams. I think a lot of the NA teams are very skilful. I think there are “Non-Abjured Teams” would whoop most of these teams that EU thinks would give Abjured a better fight.

The Abjured doesn’t even need to get involved to prove anything. They could just go Tupac mode with a Hit Em Up style and say, “I’ma let my little homies ride on you”…

And I think the NA teams that you think are not competitive would stomp all over your precious little “competitive” teams.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Which EU team outside of TCG and oRNG has played a close match with the current Abjured roster (since their winning streak)?

You CANNOT go based on how easy or how difficult it was for the Abjured to fight against those EU teams.

Styles make fights.

Joe Frazier beat Muhammed Ali. Foreman beat Frazier. Ali knocked out Foreman.

Try to look at this on a scientific level. You are looking at the results of a specific data cluster and applying the results from that data to determine the outcome of another data set which has a fundamentally different mosaic.

I argue that outside of TCG and oRNG, the current, more advanced Abjured (the one who is dismantling everyone at the moment) would just as decisively destroy all these “competitive” teams.

I’m actually surprised that you don’t think I can tell the skill of the teams. I think a lot of the NA teams are very skilful. I think there are “Non-Abjured Teams” would whoop most of these teams that EU thinks would give Abjured a better fight.

The Abjured doesn’t even need to get involved to prove anything. They could just go Tupac mode with a Hit Em Up style and say, “I’ma let my little homies ride on you”…

And I think the NA teams that you think are not competitive would stomp all over your precious little “competitive” teams.

You say that watching the teams play isnt enough in order to dterminate their skill… then why are you saying that Eu teams arent better than Na teams? How can you tell that Na teams can potentially “stomp” Eu teams? Maybe you are right, and we cant say EU>NA if top teams Eu doesnt play against top teams Na, but when we say that EU is more competitive than NA we are using some facts and deductions that can be more or less terminals, but they are there… what are you using as a fact?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Jasher.6580

You say that watching the teams play isnt enough in order to dterminate their skill… then why are you saying that Eu teams arent better than Na teams? How can you tell that Na teams can potentially “stomp” Eu teams? Maybe you are right, and we cant say EU>NA if top teams Eu doesnt play against top teams Na, but when we say that EU is more competitive than NA we are using some facts and deductions that can be more or less terminals, but they are there… what are you using as a fact?

First of all, I’m not saying as a certainty that NA would stomp EU. I said I personally think they would. In other words I am giving my opinion based on observation and personal understanding of the game.

How is saying “EU is more competitive than NA” a fact? What is your definition of competitive and how do you measure it?

This basis of this entire thread is to disassemble the colossus called “popular belief” which has been proliferated through shotcasters, forum-goers and so called sPvP analysts. I think these opinions being passed off as fact are not only misleading but down right degrading to the North American teams.

I’m not even North American. I’m from the Caribbean… but I’ve seen these thoughts go on for long enough for it to make me sick to my stomach.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Man my boy Jasher goes hard in the paint. No matter what the argument I can honestly say that verbal discredits are ridiculous. WTS 3 Cologne, Germany proves it. Until you’ve met an opponent in battle and have defeated them, can you only say that you have bested them. A lot of players/ teams in games are discredited because of the region they are from. That is absolute garbage. Where you’re from does not define what you can do, or how good you can be at a game.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Ill provide some insight into the current “top” NA teams. As of right now, there is only one NA team dedicated to this game (abjured). When I say dedicated, I mean they practice outside of ESL. The rest of the teams that compete in the NA ESL use Ranked Q to practice. Not many scrims happen in NA, while there isn’t a ToL or some other tournament. I’m not sure how EU practices, but the top 4 teams in EU seem to have a well syncronized group, with a gameplan/tactics, similar to the abjured. Whenever a major tournament is announced, NA teams start to form (and almost all of them disband right after).

Wrote this while tired -_-, just thought this would be interesting to some people.

TLDR: NA only gets good during major tournaments, and goes dormant when there is a lack of it.

PS: im not saying EU>NA, im just explaining why NA looks weak competitively (in ESLs)

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

(edited by masskillerxploit.2165)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

-snip-

Okay great, now we have some solid elements to draw from. Now, let’s look at these 4 teams. Let’s say these 4 teams are legit kittenes. Would you say 4 really good teams are enough to make the statement that the EU scene > than the NA scene?

Additionally, I see this a lot from the NA teams even from 3 years ago… Our TOP teams would just say, “Yeah EU teams are better.”

Why?

You’ve defeated yourselves even before you’ve been given the opportunity to give it a good go.

While I’ll agree that the NA teams are very… “fickle”. I think even your team would beat some of those guys.

You need to start believing in yourselves more.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

PS: im not saying EU>NA, im just explaining why NA looks weak competitively (in ESLs)

You want to know what I see?

I’ll use a basketball analogy.

I see professional teams in the Western Conference losing a LOT to the best team in the Western Conference, let’s just say the La Lakers of 2001.

The Eastern Conference has four top teams let’s say "The Bucks, The Sixers, Random Team A and Random Team B… and they are all around the same skill level so there is a lot of back and fourth.

Is the Eastern Conference stronger or more competitive that the Western Conference?

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

NA fangirl supporter here. I love NA especially Phantaram

The day after the WTS I got called an FOTM ele by someone from EU who has an alt account in NA for trolling people in pvp.

EU has a superiority complex and never seem to give NA any love or credit.

However, I will admit that I am happy and proud for both regions….because the teams all had some good-looking players. So glad none of them are neck beards.

<3

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

-snip-

Okay great, now we have some solid elements to draw from. Now, let’s look at these 4 teams. Let’s say these 4 teams are legit kittenes. Would you say 4 really good teams are enough to make the statement that the EU scene > than the NA scene?

Additionally, I see this a lot from the NA teams even from 3 years ago… Our TOP teams would just say, “Yeah EU teams are better.”

Why?

You’ve defeated yourselves even more you’ve been given the opportunity to give it a goo go.

While I’ll agree that the NA teams are very… “fickle”. I think even your team would beat some of those guys.

You need to start believing in yourselves more.

Its not about believing in ourselves, its the lack of commitment NA has. Our only confident Team in NA is abjured, and im sure no other NA team could say they could beat the top EU teams easily, or even at all, for several reasons: 1)Rosters in NA shift, every day/week, 2) NA new teams are not formed from returning players but rather completely new players to the scene (which is a good thing, but there is alot of learning to be done), 3) Since teams shift rosters, any practice/strats get forgotten, and eventually not even applied/practiced. Hopefully, the promised leagues/rewards will bring good NA players back to the game, while giving incentive to teams to stick together and practice to improve, not just for glory.

-ferox

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

and guys lets be real. NA>EU because nos rekt helseth.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Dude i can not tell you how crazy people got when OE was on there team. It was crazy, people would whisper me and take screen prints of OE being on there team or fighting him. Not to mention when the Abjured lost the 1st round vs the ORNG every comment to the right of the screen had some sourd of OE reference.

I think it would be great for the NA scene if he came back with a good team to compete. He definitely has alot of respect from the NA community for what ever reason.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Dude i can not tell you how crazy people got when OE was on there team. It was crazy, people would whisper me and take screen prints of OE being on there team or fighting him. Not to mention when the Abjured lost the 1st round vs the ORNG every comment to the right of the screen had some sourd of OE reference.

I think it would be great for the NA scene if he came back with a good team to compete. He definitely has alot of respect from the NA community for what ever reason.

I didn’t have a lot of interaction with OE, but the little that I did have:

- He played really really good music on his stream. I loved that.
- He communicated with his chat (which is awesome)
- I always got the feeling that he was battling depression. It made me sad.
- He played Engineer very well.
- I think he may have Dissociative Identity Disorder.
- His map awareness is above average.
- He seems intelligent.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

You want to know what I see?

I’ll use a basketball analogy.

I see professional teams in the Western Conference losing a LOT to the best team in the Western Conference, let’s just say the La Lakers of 2001.

The Eastern Conference has four top teams let’s say "The Bucks, The Sixers, Random Team A and Random Team B… and they are all around the same skill level so there is a lot of back and fourth.

Is the Eastern Conference stronger or more competitive that the Western Conference?

Just as pro teams have all-star games, maybe we could somehow get a GvG all-star game going once everything is settled.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Here is the reality. Adjured is the best team in the world at this point. After that though, 2-4 are all EU (oRNG, TCG, and rawr) and can beat any other team that NA can field.

You may not like it, but there is no team in NA that is in the same league as Abured or the top European teams. Maybe that will change, but as of right now, that is the fact.

I was under the impression that WTS was region specific – obtaining a certain amount of points to be qualified for the tournament.

There has been 2 NA teams and 2 China teams in the past. Can there be 4 NA teams in the WTS? Is it simply who ever reaches a certain point threshold or is it top 4 teams period?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

abc.5790

Dude, I was like that too when OE was in my team lol. That guy could carry on fresh air ele, engie, thief and necro. Kinda unreal.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

I don’t know why you are suprised that Eu thinks it’s greater than Na. It has been that way since the games inception. Every time Abjured has won, the EU fan boys come out screaming “they only won because of cheese”. They can’t even accept the fact that their 2 best teams simply played like kitten and abjured rekt their world.
Also, there are a lot of teams na that aren’t bad, but with as many roster changes that go on and subs you can see why it would be difficult to improve. 1 roster change can have a very dramatic effect.
On Oe: I had the privilege of randomness to get placed against/with him in Soloq quite a bit. He was very good at this game and wish he would come back atleast to bring some humor back to the game. Long live the ostrich eggs

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There has been 2 NA teams and 2 China teams in the past. Can there be 4 NA teams in the WTS? Is it simply who ever reaches a certain point threshold or is it top 4 teams period?

There are regional qualifiers. Each region’s winning team goes to WTS, except if the WTS is being hosted in your region, because then that region’s #2 team can also attend, that’s how you get the 4 teams. WTS 3 was in Germany that’s why there were 2 EU teams.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

EU has always held the belief they are superior to NA in this game in all aspects.

I remember when GvG was huge the EU teams always thought NA was inferior as well...then one took a NA tour and got rekt by the best NA offered.

Now what NA really needs is more than 1 team to beat the top EU team because you have to can’t just prove it....you have to destroy their spirit

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

This isn’t about discrediting NA players as individuals, EU simply has better competition; 2 or 3 more solid teams around the same level – it’s objective. The go4’s are the only thing worth competing for so where are all these strong NA teams hiding? It simply isn’t healthy competition if one team dominates for such a long period of time.

Stop perpetuating this dumb EU vs NA kitten, people who enjoy this game just want to see strong competition, regardless of region.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

This isn’t about discrediting NA players as individuals, EU simply has better competition; 2 or 3 more solid teams around the same level – it’s objective. The go4’s are the only thing worth competing for so where are all these strong NA teams hiding? It simply isn’t healthy competition if one team dominates for such a long period of time.

Stop perpetuating this dumb EU vs NA kitten, people who enjoy this game just want to see strong competition, regardless of region.

^

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I think you just can’t deny that EU has more competition and more competitive teams.

Rank 55
orange logonnaires
TCG
oRNG

Those teams all compete on a very high lvl and there isn’t a single team who is stomping the second best team 500-100 each week. Ofc you can say sth. like " Eu teams would getting stomped against Abjured as well " – but we saw close games on WTS between Abjured and TCG /oRNG and we saw close games between EU teams in Go4-cups. So you can surmise that those teams will not get stomped that hard – ofc it’s just a conjecture!
Also, compare Cologne with Boston. In Boston we saw two NA teams and everybody knew that the Dankening would get third place while in cologne EU sent two teams and nobody was sure about whether oRNG,TCG or Abjured would make it.
EU also has a much bigger playerbase who are willing to play competitivly.

And pls guys don’t take the last WTS as a reference for saying that Abjured dominated EU.
If you consider Abjured wouldn’t had won luckily against TCG on temple they would have been third place losing every single game except one. Not to mention that the last balance patch had a huge influence.
Same way you can’t say that EU> NA because of WTS Boston if you consider how close the games had been.

But what you can defintly say is that EU has:

a)bigger playerbase
b)more competitive teams
c) skill lvl is more close – therefore more competition
d)more stable teams -which leads to c)

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

apharma.3741

Me: 2000 LA Lakers could probably get the Championship title stripped from them by maybe 2 teams in the Eastern Conference. Maybe!

You: Are you saying that the entire western conference in 2000 had no competitive teams?

Me: Huh?

I have no idea what you’re saying here as I have no clue who or what the Lakers are, possibly too much nationalism from you?

Anyway I’m seeing a pattern here in the thread from you, nationalism and tons of it with little to no facts to back up what you say.

Here are facts:

1. Abjured is not only the best team in NA but were undefeated from WTS boston to WTS cologne.

This means they are not just better than most NA teams but dominant over all in NA to the point where the ESL weeklies are a forgone conclusion of Abjured wins.

2. Abjured scrimed against TCG.

They lost most of the scrims however that can be down to ping issues too. What we can however surmise is any team that can beat TCG likewise could beat Abjured and be fair competition. In this regard we can also say any team that beats oRNG is likewise competition for Abjured.

3. There are teams that have beaten TCG.

55 HP has beaten TCG so it’s fair to say they could compete against Abjured.

That’s 3 teams that can be said to be on par with Abjured or at least give them an actual fight over the snorefest which has been the ESL NA weeklies since WTS Boston.

Really this is what people are saying against Abjured. Not that they’re bad but that they have no competition in NA which is true otherwise Abjured would have lost a match.

One team came close with double mesmer till it was reactively nerfed into the ground.

This is not me saying all of NA is bad, just they aren’t competitive with Abjured and the top 3 teams in EU could.

TLDR

No NA team has beaten Abjured since WTS Boston.
Therefore Abjured has no real competition in NA.
TCG and oRNG have both beaten Abjured.
55 HP have beaten TCG and so could compete with Abjured.
EU has a more competitive and more fun Go4 scene.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

55 dragons crushed TCG yesterday..

unless you mean the old tcg in cologne. It’s split into two..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

apharma.3741

Yeah I’ve not seen yesterdays and it was 55 dragons but it’s getting really hard to tell who’s who all the time so figured 55 dragons was 55HP but under a different name.

Either way there’s been consistently 2 teams in the finals of EU with a third able to put up stiff competition throughout the period of Boston to cologne WTS.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

-

-

Cheese Mode would have destroyed abj but they couldn’t partecipate with their rooster cause some players were 16 ….they were by far the best team eu and they pretty much never lost until disband, underage and nationality bs negated so many top teams to go international while they really deserved to, and this started with TP on PAX when CC went there even if they actually lost vs TP (CC won anyway but they were not the best team)

First wts TCG went there but they were not the strongest eu team (Also due to a pretty out of meta comp) …CM was way stronger, and i think even helseth would agree with this, but they just couldn’t go esports cause too young…first WTS ending would have been totally different

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)