Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Can Sigil of Compounding stack?

From the last thread, it stacks to 5%. Same with Punishment.

We’ve gone back and forth on this, so I have the percentages unlisted at the moment. The conditional damage is harder to reach than the other conditional sigils, so it could be balanced if there is a higher limit than 5% or no limit on the damage increase.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Wow I am speechless! Nice going! Listening to player input…wow! :-)

Excellent! I really like the changes overall, and do not feel nearly as pigeonholed as the first iteration.

Very nice! I am looking forward to seeing this. Some of the CDs are harsh and will take some time to get used to, but overall it’s leaps and bounds better than the first proposal!

Again, thank you very much for taking player feedback seriously and trying to find a decent compromise!

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration
Deal 3% more damage versus disabled foes.

30% more stun?! This seems rather powerful to me.
Will there be any nerf to stunlock in the patch, or can we just expect nerf to damage?

I ask because if there is no new mechanic to put a cap on stun, I suspect that even though damage is nerfed, people will still be dead before they can do anything. Which isn’t fun.

If you think it’s OP, then you should go use it because it’s on live right now, but without the damage increase

The thing is there are more competitive sigils on live right now, and that 3% damage increase will be important after Air/Fire/Force etc. get removed. This sigil is setting up to be one of the more problematic ones in this new sigil iteration because it will be more viable due to better options being removed: 30% stun duration and 3% damage, or just 5% damage.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: omgdracula.6345

omgdracula.6345

Could we get some clarity on Revelation? It says the duration is 1/4 second long which is obviously way less than most stealth durations will last. It is a true reveal or just temporary?

Will it apply the same revealed debuff that breaking stealth with an attack does?

I’ve never seen a reveal put someone back in stealth once it ends

Well then it would have no point to have a duration on it would it?

A weapon swap should not be able to completely negate say an Engis Gyro Copter, or a full cooldown like thief’s Blinding Powder.

I imagine if it has a 1/4 duration that it acts like spies in tf2 where if they bump into your they are temp revealed.

I just want clarification if it also applies the Revealed debuff. Especially when it has no counter play.

It’s very straightforward. It applies Revealed for 0.25 seconds. When Revealed is applied, it removes all stacks of stealth and prevents gaining new stacks for its duration. After 0.25 seconds, stealth may be gained again.

Well that is why I want clarity. Revealed is by default 4 seconds. So is it the same type of revealed or not? It would make more sense to make it a debuff called detected.

Revealed that is caused by you landing an attack while in stealth is 4 seconds. But revealed itself is just an effect that is applied, the applied duration can be different.

The only point of sigil of revelation is to force players out of stealth.

And I don’t see why people are complaining so much about it. Its 1/4 sec reveal on an 18 sec CD. Its hardly broken

I believe the complaint is from it being able to negate skills that are on a much higher cooldown. Like Shadow Refuge which is 60 seconds.

Plus the potential to have multiple people with the sigil and a rev to more or less negate stealth.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

Can Sigil of Compounding stack?

From the last thread, it stacks to 5%. Same with Punishment.

We’ve gone back and forth on this, so I have the percentages unlisted at the moment. The conditional damage is harder to reach than the other conditional sigils, so it could be balanced if there is a higher limit than 5% or no limit on the damage increase.

This makes a lot of sense, and would help further diversify the sigil choices for power builds. I think it would be difficult under almost every circumstance to push either sigil to just 5% for any meaningful length of time, so maybe it should be rewarding in the rare situations it can reach beyond that.

Though, with that in mind, perhaps they could be slightly tweaked to offer 1.5% damage per boon/condition, capped at 6%. This balances the sigil’s power curve better, so that it’s not poor when the stacks are low, but also not too powerful when the stacks are high. And the slight extension to 6% above the other sigils gives them some incentive to be taken when the player knows that they will be able to utilize it to its full potential sometimes.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well yea, but the same can be said about other sigils as well, especially nullification.

Plus, if you have only 1 source of stealth on your bar and you are upset that it gets countered, that doesn’t make the sigil OP. It just makes the sigil a viable way to counter stealth. If you want to get around it, add more stealth to your bar. Or don’t base your build around camping stealth.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

omgdracula.6345

Well yea, but the same can be said about other sigils as well, especially nullification.

Plus, if you have only 1 source of stealth on your bar and you are upset that it gets countered, that doesn’t make the sigil OP. It just makes the sigil a viable way to counter stealth. If you want to get around it, add more stealth to your bar. Or don’t base your build around camping stealth.

To be fair for thieves there is only one viable stealth skill in blinding powder. Shadow Refuge is fine in very specific instances, but having both of those on your bar is a huge waste compared to having shadowstep and signet of agility.

There is no such thing as camping stealth minus in WvW. sPvP is a completely different beast.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration

Will there be any nerf to stunlock in the patch, or can we just expect nerf to damage?

I ask because if there is no new mechanic to put a cap on stun, I suspect that even though damage is nerfed, people will still be dead before they can do anything. Which isn’t fun.

If you think it’s OP, then you should go use it because it’s on live right now, but without the damage increase

Evon – can you actually fix the description to say “stun, daze, taunt, knockdown and launch effects” ? I don’t think it affects knockback but have never tested it in months/years so not even sure anymore.

ps Sigil of Energy should be 50% and 18s cooldown.

Overall, better than before, but remain concerned about certain condi duration specific sigils. Sigil of Separation seems out of place as this favors certain meta PvP classes a lot and there is no counterpart for melee versions. I’d just remove.

Sigil of Revelation – can it miss via an opponent evade? Maybe the Revealed should last 0.75s comparable to dodge frames? Otherwise it’ll probably not do what it is intended.

Sigil of Escape – Defacto Thief Shortbow sigil if that was your intent.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

I’m all aboard on these changes, so far, but I still really do not think that the immob-cleanse sigil or the reveal sigil should exist. The immob-cleanse one seems, like, just kinda dumb, and the reveal one seems very niche but incredibly frustrating to get hit by. I don’t think it’ll actually be that useful on an 18 second CD regardless. I don’t know.

competitive ele guyyyy

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

I’m all aboard on these changes, so far, but I still really do not think that the immob-cleanse sigil or the reveal sigil should exist. The immob-cleanse one seems, like, just kinda dumb, and the reveal one seems very niche but incredibly frustrating to get hit by. I don’t think it’ll actually be that useful on an 18 second CD regardless. I don’t know.

It lines up perfectly so you can use it on 1 weapon but not both. So if you’re like a druid you would probly use this and energy on sword/dagger cuz you don’t swap to it often.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Wait a sec….
“Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe.”

Some classes have traits that can’t turn off their boon generation. And some classes are balanced around having boons. What is the %damage increase against classes that don’t rely as much on boons to survive? (and unique to those classes)

Are you going to give me a 5% against people in a stance? Using a kit? having a pet?

I’m fine if you add damage because of something I do to an opponent. But for them to get to punish me for turning on regen when I need it because that’s the tool my class was given to survive is a bit silly.

(edited by shion.2084)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

These are looking great so far! I’m definitely looking forward to this even more now. Love the change to Sigil of Escape.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Wait a sec….
“Sigil of Punishment

Some classes have traits that can’t turn off their boon generation. And some classes are balanced around having boons. What is the %damage increase against classes that don’t rely as much on boons to survive?

I’m fine if you add damage because of something I do to an opponent. But for them to get to punish me for turning on regen when I need it because that’s the tool my class was given to survive is a bit silly.

It’s a next to nothing issue really. If this existed in game and coupled with DotE still does little to counter Protection Boon. At a mere 1% per type, it’s basically a no-brainer mathematically to take Sigil of Strength in almost every instance instead.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Maybe a sigil of the lone wolf “+5% damage when not within 1000 distance of an ally”
:)

Sigil of the lame zerg “+5% damage when within 300 of an ally”
:)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Well it is called sigil of punishment for a reason

But really I think its fine as long as its capped. I rather like a previously mentioned idea of it being 1.5% damage per boon on your foe, capped at 6% extra damage.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

As long as sigils can miss, I am fine with whatever you decide. All on swap sigils need a charge, and that charge goes away if the attack misses, is dodged, is blinded, or blocked.
Guaranteed effects need to be limited in this game.

Will boon removal sigils follow a priority or a last in first out?
Same question about condition removal/transfer?

Will on hit sigils only start their icd when the conditions are met, or will it just consider any hit and go on cd?

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Wait a sec….
“Sigil of Punishment

Some classes have traits that can’t turn off their boon generation. And some classes are balanced around having boons. What is the %damage increase against classes that don’t rely as much on boons to survive?

It’s a next to nothing issue really. If this existed in game and coupled with DotE still does little to counter Protection Boon. At a mere 1% per type, it’s basically a no-brainer mathematically to take Sigil of Strength in every instance instead.

Yeah that should go too. Some classes are predicated on using boons. Corruption is a bad enough counter for this. Its not like I get bonus damage because someone has sigils.

Plus the problem is compounded cause it works in conjunction with the linked trait. What if the boon you have isn’t protection. I’m already taking a hit to use leadership, or water, my stats won’t be as good. this just punishes you after you’ve made the trade-off. Can I do 5% more to people using a mele weapon?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

But really I think its fine as long as its capped. I rather like a previously mentioned idea of it being 1.5% damage per boon on your foe, capped at 6% extra damage.

Maybe if you make it per boon applied by others. Then at least you could try to avoid it instead of auto procing yourself into more damage.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

With both sigil of Ice, sigil of Earth, and hydromancy removed condi necro is getting hit really hard by this, our ramp time for damage is going to be way too high.

Without sigil of ice or earth, scepter/x can only sustain <15 bleed and that requires completing the auto chain several times over.

Maybe if you make it per boon applied by others. Then at least you could try to avoid it instead of auto procing yourself into more damage.

it’s 1% per unique boon. The benefits of the boons themselves will significantly outweigh that 1% bonus.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I like the second set of suggestions more than the first.

A suggestion for future balancing with these sigils would be to look at amulets like Deadshot with condi, vitality, expertise, and precision. An amulet like that was based on crit to trigger on crit sigils if I’m not mistaken. I would consider changing the precision to power to better reflect the removal of on crit sigils.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Why though? Conceptually as long as this is capped how is it any different from sigil of force? That’s a flat 5% damage increase, and originally sigil of punishment was capped at 5%, and it looks like it will stay capped. How is it any different than sigil of force is?

Answer: Its weaker, because its not always a guaranteed 5% bonus to your damage. Its fine as it is, and as long as it remains capped I don’t see too many builds using it in the first place

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

A suggestion for future balancing with these sigils would be to look at amulets like Deadshot with condi, vitality, expertise, and precision. An amulet like that was based on crit to trigger on crit sigils if I’m not mistaken. I would consider changing the precision to power to better reflect the removal of on crit sigils.

That would be a bad change as many condi classes have on crit traits that proc more conditions or needed effects, such as the Necro Plague Sending and Withered Precision and Engineer Barbed Precision and burn proc trait.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

One question:

Would sigils enter CD even if nothing is triggered?
As in,
– Would sigil of generosity enter CD on a hit that transfers no conditions?
– Would sigil of revelation apply revealed and enter CD even if no one was on stealth?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Lol, sigil of strength nerfed.

Sigil of Generosity nerf. General condition cleansing options and sustain nerfed, condition damage output buffed.

Power-might Spite necro was way too overpowered, yup.

Sigil of Revelations actually just outright deleted D/D power thief. Like straight up, this weapon set is no longer even physically possible to play in any competitive sense if your opponent runs the sigil. It’s unfortunate, but it’s pretty kitten ed obvious that the only intended diversity in the game is what’s currently in the meta and absolutely nothing more.

I’m actually pretty certain this is probably the final nail in the coffin for my time in GW2. I love that you’ve embraced the community Evan, but there’s so much out of control design right now that even the non-viable fun builds just keep getting nerfed harder and harder.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Much better than last proposal.

I would welcome Sigil of Transference, though.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

These proposals look better than the last ones. But I do have a few issues with them still.

Revelation still seems too powerful. Why not just reduce the amount of stealth in the game? It seems like the kind of sigil that everyone would run because they have no choice because stealth is too common and no fun to fight.

With such short durations, Battle and Exposure are just too weak. 4 stacks of might or 5 stacks of vulnerability for only 5 seconds just isn’t spiky enough. I would suggest 8 stacks of each for 5 seconds, or at least 8 stacks for might because that only affects you, whereas vulnerability affects everyone.

Why does Paralyzation give two bonuses? I would be running that sigil on every spec because just about every spec has a stun and the bonus damage applies against all hard CCs.

On hit sigils (except for Frailty and Strength) should have lower CDs. Not too much lower, but lower. Generosity isn’t really OP now even with the lower CD. And I doubt removing the RNG is going to make that much difference. Purity could be fine at 5 seconds. (Of course, you could keep the long CDs if you just reduced condition spam, but I know you won’t do that.) Nullification could be a random boon with a 5 second CD, unlike the suggestions for Greater Nullification, which should have priorities, especially with a longer CD.

Keep Energy at 25% or maybe buff it to 35%. Just don’t bring back to 50% or else it’ll be mandatory again.

There needs to be sigils for support and healing specs. Transference should remain (and maybe even buffed very slightly like 15%, maybe 20% if that wouldn’t be OP), as well as Renewal. Maybe you could also add a passive that increases all healing by 5% or maybe 10% on targets below xx% hp.

There could be a passive boon duration increase sigil. 5-10% on all boons, or 15-20% on specific boons.

There could be a swap sigil that applies AoE protection for 2 seconds on an 18 second CD. Very small duration but impactful with good timing, and it can be stripped or corrupted as counterplay. I think I made boon suggestions on the previous thread. AoE regen or even 2 seconds of resistance could be amazing, but resistance is probably going too far considering its strength.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

That would be a bad change as many condi classes have on crit traits that proc more conditions or needed effects, such as the Necro Plague Sending and Withered Precision and Engineer Barbed Precision and burn proc trait.

This is a fair point. The amulet certainly has that advantage for some classes. Sadly it makes a condi and condi duration amulet less appealing for anyone without condi crit traits. Ah well just a thought.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

where are the healing and support sigils?

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

can you go a little more crazy with the sigils? even if it’s just ideas. post them and see how the community reacts. doesn’t always have to be on hit, or on swap.

how about..

the longer you stay in one weaponset the more damage you get, every Xs you get X% more damage. it needs to balanced in a way that it is better than 5% damage sigils in a reasonable amount of time. like after 10s you reach a cap of 10% or something. if you swap weapons the buff disappears. same for attunement swap, legend, kits etc.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: BlackSheep.2195

BlackSheep.2195

Nice list! Just missing Sigil of Blight.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

I like this list a lot.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

As a rev main, i’m gonna be really really sad when hydro/leeching or geo/doom combo will be removed. I really enjoyed this kind of playstyle.
But removing them will definitely make the combat a lot less messy overall so i guess it’s not too bad.

I like this list way more than the old one, but i’d still buff sigil of battle might stacks and would love to have sigil of renewal added for support build.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

NO ONE WILL USE SIGILS WITH MORE THEN 10s CD
reveal on same cd as weaponswap was great
the first list was much better

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Here’s what I see, Evan.

These sigils, particularly the on-hit ones are meant to burn through defenses and passives.

There are two basic issues with that. First, it’s an attempt to deal with excessive passives and defenses by adding yet another layer. “The crack is still showing! Well, put some more spackle on it.” This addresses the symptom and not the problem.

Second, you’re adding rapidly re-applied conditions. This will increase dps across the board and render condi cleanse mostly useless. Core builds will become even less relevant. Also the skill factor goes down. You’re adding a passive condi apply to auto attack. I find that illogical.

Mesmerising Girl

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Overall I prefer these versions.

I like having the Impact and Paralyzation sigils merged into one. with both the duration and the bonus damage. But Impact could be a better name since paralyzation may refer also to immobilize. And could be changed to affect also taunt, fear or daze?

Here’s some other possible effects to consider:

On hit

Sigil of Greed
On hit : Steal 1 boon
(15s cooldown)

On swap
If longer cooldowns are possibility, that means these could be done, increasing the cooldown if they are too good with short ones:

Sigil of Perforation
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat is unblockable (5 seconds).
(18s cooldown)

Sigil of Surprise
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts Daze (0.5 seconds).
(Cooldown: 18 Seconds)

Sigil of Chase
Teleport to target when swapping to this weapon while in combat (1200 range).
(18s cooldown)

Sigil of Grace
Gain Aegis (1 second) when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 18 seconds)

Passive
Do all passives have to consider the enemy?

Sigil of Caution
Deal 5% damage when over 90% health.

Sigil of Distress
Deal 7% damage when under 50% health.

On dealing effect
These would trigger when a particular effect is dealt.

Sigil of Ulcerating
On dealing bleeding: Adds 10s to your bleeding on target, divided between all your stacks of bleeding on target, up to 10 stacks.
(5s cooldown)

• Can only affect stacks placed by the player with the sigil.
  • The more stacks, the less duration each stack gets.
  • The minimum duration it can increase is 1s.
  • So it can only affect 10 stacks at most since the minimum duration it can increase is 1s.
  • It is not affected by expertise or +% condition duration.

Something that may be interesting for Mallyx revenants to try:

Sigil of the Fire Titan
On dealing Torment: Deal burning (1 stack, 3s) for every 3 stacks of Torment on target.
(5s cooldown)

Sigil of the Jungle Titan
On dealing Torment: Deal poison (3 stacks, 5s) for every 3 stacks of Torment on target.
(5s cooldown)

Sigil of the Frost Titan
On dealing Torment: Deal chilled (1 stack, 3s) for every 3 stacks of Torment on target.
(10s cooldown)

Sigil of the Anguish Titan
On dealing Torment: Deal confusion (3 stacks, 5s) for every 3 stacks of Torment on target.
(10s cooldown)

On negated attack
These would trigger if an attack misses, of the attack is blocked, or if the attack is evaded; but not when hitting someone invulnerable, or if the attack is reflected.

Sigil of Indignation
On negated attack: Your next attack is a critical hit.
(5s cooldown)

Sigil of Exasperation
On negated attack: Your next attack is unblockable.
(10s cooldown)

Self-recharging
One thing I’d like to see is a kind of sigil that has an effect that triggers after a long cooldown, but the cooldown goes down when hitting enemies with the weapon’s primary skill. Something like this:

Sigil of Imminence
On cooldown: Your next attack is a critical hit. Hits by the weapon’s primary skill decrease the cooldown of this sigil by 1.
(20s cooldown)

This could be too much for some skills that hit a lot of times every second like Flame Jet, so the cooldown decrease could be limited to only once or twice per second if it works too well with them.

The purpose of this type of effect would be to work better when engaged combat than with hit-and-run tactics.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

where are the healing and support sigils?

They are talking about removing them. This is the second coming of the “zerker” meta.

Mesmerising Girl

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Are you kidding me for 18 seconds? why you keep pushing off hand pistol out off the meta? that was the only training wheel we Thief had, have you not seen how difficult it was using off hand pistol in lower Tier play? Have you not seen how diverse Ninja medic thief was? i’d rather have a non-target-able Sic’em and a Stack-able duration of Reveal than this crap design sigil.
Also, i would like a compensation and equalize Reveal on Pvp; make it Three seconds on all game mode.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Why though? Conceptually as long as this is capped how is it any different from sigil of force? That’s a flat 5% damage increase, and originally sigil of punishment was capped at 5%, and it looks like it will stay capped. How is it any different than sigil of force is?

Answer: Its weaker, because its not always a guaranteed 5% bonus to your damage. Its fine as it is, and as long as it remains capped I don’t see too many builds using it in the first place

If ther will be a force that’s fine.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Sigil of Penetration: Your next two attacks after swapping to this weapon are unblockable (cooldown 9 seconds)

Sigil of Destabilization: Your next attack after swapping to this weapon clears stability stacks on target (cooldown 9 seconds)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration

Will do! Thanks for the tip.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Please don’t get rid of all the chill sigils, necro needs those

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

omgdracula.6345

Actually when I really think about it Revelation is just a dumb idea. Straight up makes D/D useless in pvp for thieves. Unless you feel like spamming death blossom I guess.

A sigil should not negate a 40-60 second cool down skill.

(edited by omgdracula.6345)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

This list is much better. Sigil of strength looks too strong though, a free 5-8 might stacks depending on duration easily beats out most of not all of the +% damage sigils for anything but opening burst. I’d also still like to see revelation dropped to 210 radius, which is still more than enough to stop stealth resses or reveal someone near you who started stealthing up. Also, a couple of these sigils have way too long cds. If purity is going to be at 10s, then generosity should be in the 12-13s range, not 15s. Energy also still seems like trash, but I’m not sure if you guys want to buff it much. Might be better off just removing that one instead.

I’d still like see a couple sigils that give or affect healing though.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

What sustain nerfs are we going to see because I can’t support any of this without knowing that

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

There has been some good discussion internally and externally regarding the sigil proposals. The biggest changes in v2 are the re-addition of condition duration sigils and additional percent damage sigils. Some number tweaks were made across the board.

The first proposal discussion is here.

Sigil of +Confusion
Increase Inflicted Confusion Duration: 25%

Sigil of +Torment
Increase Inflicted Torment Duration: 25%

This is what I always thought PvP needed since I started playing. Now all my favorite conditions can last longer!

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

Sigil of Opportunity
Deal 5% extra damage to movement-impaired foes.
→ Does that count for stunned foes? Crippled, Chilled, Slowed?

And what will happen to sigil of accuracy… 7% crit chance is quite fun

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Not bad. I see some actual decisions to be made in this list, as opposed to the current state of things.

I notice there’s no chill at all (both Hydromancy and Ice are missing). I understand that chill is both powerful and annoying, but it’s also important for some folks’ survival. Perhaps a Doom-style sigil (1 charge on swap) could work? Then again, that might be too weak to be viable.

Will boon removal and condition transfer use a priority system, last-in-first-out, or be random? Will they trigger when the requirements aren’t met (e.g. Purity when you have no conditions)?

I can understand Generosity being tough to balance. As an on-crit sigil, it would be more useful for power builds with little condi-clear (I ran one on Rev staff against some matchups), and 15s would probably be too long. Equipped on a condi build, however, the low, on-hit demand means 15s is just right if not too short.

“Sigil of +Confusion”: Disorientation? Muddling? Befuddlement?
“Sigil of +Torment”: Torture? Torsion? Not much use?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Greater Nullification: With boon generation as it is right now (a lot of it being constant and pulsing), this seems terribly weak.

Revelation: It’s fine. You’ll get revealed if the person has weapon swap off cd and is on the other weapon set and is willing to swap just for a reveal and isn’t blinded (presumably) and you’re in range. Currently, Scrapper and Herald each have an aoe reveal on a 20s cd; while the Herald’s is stance-dependent, the Scrapper’s is always on the belt (part of engi-beats-thief design). This was the deathblow for SR in PvP, but it hasn’t made stealth useless.

Paralyzation: Given all the hard cc around, the 3% bonus damage might be overkill.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

How about some sigils with better counter play and that require some thinking to get good use of?

For example, a sigil that requires you to hit a target 5 times under 10(?) seconds(aka charge it), upon the 5th hit you get some kind of effect and then the next hit is a special hit (Ex: some burst damage, or next skill has lower cooldown and whatnot).

That way you can actually have strong sigils in the game to promote diversity and at the same time they can be countered (prevent the hits, dodge the special and so on).

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

On Hit

Sigil of Frailty
On hit: Inflict Vulnerability (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Seconds)

Sigil of Generosity
On hit: transfer a Condition to your foe.
(Cooldown: 15 Seconds)

Sigil of Purity
On hit: Remove a Condition
(Cooldown: 10 Seconds)

Sigil of Nullification
On hit: Remove a Boon
(Cooldown: 10 Seconds)

Sigil of Strength
On hit: Gain Might (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Second)

Stop giving On Hit sigils crazy long CDs! At the most, they should be 4 seconds. Frailty should apply 3 stacks of vulnerability!

On Swap

Sigil of Agility
Gain 5 seconds of swiftness and 1 second of quickness when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

Sigil of Battle
Gain 4 stacks of might (5 seconds) when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 9 seconds)

Sigil of Doom
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts Poison (5 seconds).

Sigil of Energy
Gain 25% of your endurance when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 9 seconds)

Sigil of Exposure
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts 5 stacks of Vulnerability (5 Seconds).

Sigil of Stagnation
Cripple nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat (3 Seconds, 240 Radius).

Sigil of Intelligence
Your next three attacks after swapping to this weapon while in combat have a 100% critical chance.

Sigil of Escape
Remove movement-impairing effect from yourself when swapping to this weapon while in combat.

Sigil of Revelation
Reveal enemies around you when swapping to this weapon (1/4 seconds, 240 radius).

Sigil of Greater Nullification
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat removes 2 boons from your target.

Sigil of Cleansing
Remove 1 conditions when you swap to this weapon while in combat.

Sigil of Agility should give SUPER SPEED! The quickness should last for 3 seconds! Greater Nullification should have a 9 second CD! Sigil of Escape should break STUNS and IMMOB! It should apply super speed on a successful use. Who keeps suggesting these long CDs??? Sigil of energy might as well be Sigil of trash

Passive

Sigil of Compounding
Deal 1% extra damage per condition on your foe.

Sigil of Exploitation
Deal 5% extra damage to targets below 50% health.

Sigil of Opportunity
Deal 5% extra damage to movement-impaired foes.

Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe.

Sigil of Separation
Deal 5% extra damage to targets more than 500 distance away.

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration

Sigil of Agony
Increased Inflicted Bleeding Duration: 25%

Sigil of Peril
Increased Inflicted Vulnerability Duration: 25%

Sigil of Smoldering
Increase Inflicted Burning Duration: 25%

Sigil of Venom
Increase Inflicted Poison Duration: 25%

Sigil of +Confusion
Increase Inflicted Confusion Duration: 25%

Sigil of +Torment
Increase Inflicted Torment Duration: 25%

You’re really dumb. xD Sigil of Escape is perfectly fine as it is, giving a bonus with a successful use breaks it.

Condition duration sigils are great, something in there is useful for everyone.

Sigil of Nullification has an 18 second cooldown so you cannot have one on each weapon set and constantly remove two boons every 10 seconds.

Sigil of Agility, pick one or the other, Super Speed or 3 seconds of Quickness, and that seems fair.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”