Sigil Proposals v2

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

It’s been Categorize in On swap and not even indicated that you must be in Combat to inflict Reveal that the First Proposal was indicated too; which mean a total shutdown on off hand pistol and a total annihilation of Medic Thief breed.
The more i linger in these forum the more you realize that none of these Sigils and Amulets team knows their game. hell the most competitive was too fight against all these programmers of theirs.

Again a compensation for tricking people; equalize reaveal mechanic.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Sigil of Frailty is still not going to be used because its a damage modifier that can be removed. Its like a weak version of sigil of strength that we have now. Increase the stacks to 3 and reduce the duration to 8 seconds might do the trick.

Sigil of battle still pretty weak. The duration seems fine but the amount of might stacks for the duration do not.

Bad Elementalist

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

Personally I don’t have an issue with Sigil of Revelation other than the fact that it confuses the roles of classes that had this utility. If you want this utility now you don’t need a Sneak Gyro engi or Glint rev. While those abilities are easier and better than the sigil it still feels weird to open it to other classes through a sigil which everyone can use instead of by simply adding more reveals to the game. There are other options even that aren’t even used in the meta that could be improved or switched around. Lock On, Analyze, Sic Em, etc could all use adjustments if you want more reveal.

Also an interesting idea for Sigil of Separation might be to a lower and higher end depending on distance such as 3% if 300 5% if 500 7% if 1000. It’s not very balanced compared to the others but it’s just an example. Being outside of common auto attack ranges would be the best way.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

You’re really dumb. xD Sigil of Escape is perfectly fine as it is, giving a bonus with a successful use breaks it.

Condition duration sigils are great, something in there is useful for everyone.

Sigil of Nullification has an 18 second cooldown so you cannot have one on each weapon set and constantly remove two boons every 10 seconds.

Sigil of Agility, pick one or the other, Super Speed or 3 seconds of Quickness, and that seems fair.

You really think people will use the proposed sigil of agility?? You really think some of these sigils are good?? Two boons in 10 seconds is a bad thing?? C’mon man. You may just be the dumb one

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Sigil of Stagnation seems pointless. It is Hydromancy but 3s cripple is not as good as 2s chill.

I think if you want a sigil that applies cripple it should be fundamentally different from Hydromancy. Maybe Chance on Hit/Chance on Crit like Superior Sigil of Incapacitation. If you are set on having it be an on-swap effect, increase the duration to maybe 5s.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: tomwjd.8172

tomwjd.8172

Much better list but please do not listen to some of the ridiculous suggestions being made here about new sigil ideas, your new list looks much better than before so don’t ruin it by adding more gimmick/niche/abusable sigils,,, some of these guys don’t realize how the sigils they propose will get abused so hard by some class mechanics.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It’s been Categorize in On swap and not even indicated that you must be in Combat to inflict Reveal that the First Proposal was indicated too; which mean a total shutdown on off hand pistol and a total annihilation of Medic Thief breed.
The more i linger in these forum the more you realize that none of these Sigils and Amulets team knows their game. hell the most competitive was too fight against all these programmers of theirs.

Again a compensation for tricking people; equalize reaveal mechanic.

All of the on swap sigils require you to be in combat to use them, it was just an oversight to not say the same thing for sigil of revelation.

Even if I am wrong though, having it be used outside of combat would be a nerf to it, because it would be almost guaranteed to be on CD when you are in combat regardless.

Sigil of revelation is fine as it is

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

You see ladies and gentlemen? now you people decide which Trickster you must listened too. either retain our current sigil system as well as them amulets or introduce more instead of overhaul and let them other gaming company turn into ashes.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I keep seeing these proposals to radically simplify the game. That isn’t a good path.

Colin had the right idea when he extolled the game’s virtue of not being, “look I swung my sword, look I swung my sword again.”
(paraphrased as I don’t recall the exact quote )

Do the work, fix the issues. Simply discarding things is a path to a spiral dive to destruction.

Mesmerising Girl

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Vydl.4916

Vydl.4916

Proposed List of Pvp Sigils v2 (is this the full list?)

Items in () are relevant boon/condi and info/change.
Sigils marked with * have changes.
Sigils marked with \ are removed.
Sigils unmarked are fine as is.
Reasoning at bottom.

On Hit Sigils
Strength (Might)
Frailty (Vuln)
Generosity (Condi Transfer)
Purity (Condi Clear)
Nullification (Boon Clear)

On Swap Sigils
Battle (Might)
Doom (Poison)
Exposure (Vuln)
Intelligence (Crit fix x3)
*Agility (2s of super speed and quickness)
*Cleansing (2 condi clear)
*Energy (50% Dont Nerf)
\Stagnation (Rename to Lesser Geomancy)
\Revelation
\Escape
\Greater Nullification

New Passive Extra Damage Sigils
\Compounding (Engi Trait Modified Ammunition)
\Exploitation (Thief,Necro,Ele,Rev Trait Below 50% HP Damage)
\Punishment (Warrior Trait Destruction of the Empowered)
\Opportunity
\Separation
\Paralyzation

Buffed Passive Condition Duration Sigils
Agony (Bleeding)
Peril (Vulnerability)
Smoldering (Burning)
Venom (Poison)
New Condition Duration Sigils
+Confusion
+Torment

Reasoning
Agility/Cleansing/Energy three strong candidates for sustain on swap.
The other/new swap sigils are bizarrely inconsistent and unecessary.
Suddenly theres a Greater Superior sigil!? Reveal for every class via swap sigil!?
Cooldowns on every second swap!? Wildly inconsistent.

Getting into the new (not so) passive damage boosting sigils next.
A few class specific traits repurposed into sigils.
Which would further enhance use of said traits.
The purpose of these 6 sigils had been covered previously
by the truly passive Sigil of Force.
Unreliable damage buffs and second hand trait buffs.
Basically shared traits.

Lastly there is 2 new condition duration sigils.
Unsurprisingly they follow an inconsistent naming convention.
Does the 25% sync well with %duration from runes/traits/PVP amulet?

Final Thought
Slim list of familiar Sigils featuring newly proposed gimmick Sigils.
Are introducing new oddly specific sigils in pvp(only) going to enhance Guild Wars 2?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

I keep seeing these proposals to radically simplify the game. That isn’t a good path.

Colin had the right idea when he extolled the game’s virtue of not being, “look I swung my sword, look I swung my sword again.”
(paraphrased as I don’t recall the exact quote )

Do the work, fix the issues. Simply discarding things is a path to a spiral dive to destruction.

This.

Changing sigils is such a waste of time. Granted Air, Leaching, hit too hard, true.

This list is far better than V1 but you guys are spinning your wheels, and degrading the game by leaving out sigils like Accuracy, Transference, Water and whatever other good sigils that are getting flat out deleted.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

You’re really dumb. xD Sigil of Escape is perfectly fine as it is, giving a bonus with a successful use breaks it.

Condition duration sigils are great, something in there is useful for everyone.

Sigil of Nullification has an 18 second cooldown so you cannot have one on each weapon set and constantly remove two boons every 10 seconds.

Sigil of Agility, pick one or the other, Super Speed or 3 seconds of Quickness, and that seems fair.

You really think people will use the proposed sigil of agility?? You really think some of these sigils are good?? Two boons in 10 seconds is a bad thing?? C’mon man. You may just be the dumb one

Two boons every 10 seconds is VERY strong. Especially for a profession not really able to remove them. Have a warrior strip your Resistance then condi bomb you =/

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Loving the continued developer feedback.

General
Everyone critiquing these sigil changes needs to realize ANet’s target damage increase metric. If it’s fairly reliable, it’s a 5% increase overall. If it has ramp-up or is less reliable, it can be slightly higher than 5%. If it’s very reliable or in a small window, the average bonus over time is much less than 5%. This is especially true with on-swap sigils, since weapon swap is often accompanied by a damage burst.

On Hit

Frailty
At best you get 5 vulnerability (5% damage). Considering it’s unlikely you’ll get to 5 stacks in PvP, this is worse than some of the static damage sigils. As a sustained damage sigil with a ramp-up, this should allow you to get over 5% increased damage if you can keep it proc’ing on CD. Increase the maximum stack by either increasing duration, lowering CD, or raising the stacks to 2 and increasing the CD slightly.

Generosity
Remove this. The transfer is too random because condi and boon removal is random. Most of the time it will be terrible, but on the odd chance it transfers a huge burn stack, your melt your opponent.

Nullification
Suggest removing. Boon removal should be restricted to profession abilities.

Strength
I think this balancing is about right. I think 3 might is around 5% damage, so the maximum damage potential is worth the ramp-up and risk of not being able to proc on-cooldown.

On Swap

Battle
I think it’s about right, but might need 1 more stack or slightly longer duration. The damage bonus is in a small window, so you’re more likely to get full advantage from it.

Doom
Remove. The healing debuff of poison is potent and should be limited to profession mechanics. If you want conditions on-swap, apply use something without such a powerful secondary effect.

Exposure
I think it’s fine. Maybe 1 more stack. It’s guaranteed 5% damage increase in what is likely to be a burst window.

Revelation
Not sure if this will be really strong or a complete bust like other reveal skills and traits. I’d say put it in and monitor it closely between seasons. Remove before season starts if it’s too strong.

Greater Nullification
Remove. Same reason as Sigil of Nullification.

+ Renewal
Suggest adding this for support builds. It’s area healing and not extremely strong for personal sustain.

Passive

Separation
Remove or lower the damage bonus. Too reliable for builds which nuke from range. Point-Blank Shot into Rapid Fire being a prime example.

Paralyzation
Agree with other posters. Change name to Impact.
The problem with “stun” is that it only applies to “stun”. Not knockdown, knockback, launch, etc. This sigil should affect all these effects and be balanced as such.

Smoldering
Burning is a strong condition compared to others, and builds which use burning tend to stack it in bursts. The duration bonus may need to be less compared to Sigil of Agony.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OneWordName.3761

OneWordName.3761

This list is far better than V1 but you guys are spinning your wheels, and degrading the game by leaving out sigils like Accuracy, Transference, Water and whatever other good sigils that are getting flat out deleted.

Agreed. This list is a major improvement over the first one, but I still think this would be a regressive change. I think crit sigils and kill stacking sigils could have their damage normalized and even nerfed, but removing them takes out some complexity from the game.

I understand people see on-crit sigils as “random” but I encourage you to go into pvp and equip a 1050 or even 900 Precision amulet and sigils of fire and air and attack a target golem. You’ll see that they proc almost on cooldown. The idea of “critical hits” is RNG in the first place, but it’s weighted. Having 50% crit chance means roughly every other hit will crit, you just don’t KNOW which ones.

I personally like the idea that some sigils (specifically on hits that deal damage or apply conditions) are gated behind having a decent amount of crit chance. It prevents tanks and bruisers from getting more free damage, but allows more damage oriented builds to have good (and interesting) sigil options.

I don’t see taking out most damaging sigils as really accomplishing the goal of reducing power creep in pvp, either. I think the power budget for sigils in general is pretty small and while fire, air and blood might be overturned in live but they are not conceptually broken.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Removing on crit sigils makes condi builds even stronger. Where as power needs precision and power, condi only really needed condi. At least if you took precision there was the benefit of on crit sigils, now those benefits will be equally available to those who don’t take precision. This makes the disparity even worse between the classes.
Furthermore there are classes that are keyed around precision, and since they pretty much have to take it to get their class trait effects you’ve taken away one of the compensations for them having to go precision instead of just conid, power, vit. Basically you are hosing the classes which typically take precision.

If you want to eliminate precision and randomness being a chance then make power do 25% more all the time and be done with it. But half hearted measures will just throw those who were balanced around them out of whack. Its poor planning.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: eliroth.3869

eliroth.3869

the re-addition of condition duration sigils
_Thanks for this. I really wanted other conditions to also gain bonuses, not just bleed,poison.

On Hit
Sigil of Frailty
On hit: Inflict Vulnerability (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Seconds)
This is much better. Vuln works better as an on hit in my opinion.
Sigil of Generosity
On hit: transfer a Condition to your foe.
(Cooldown: 15 Seconds)
Hmm, 15 seconds seems too long? Either increase the number of conditions transferred or decrease the cooldown to like 4 seconds? (that’s at least two boon removals before swapping)
Sigil of Purity, Nullification
On hit: Remove a Condition
(Cooldown: 10 Seconds)
again I think 10 seconds seems two long. Honestly I’d like this to be an option to justify taking another damage utility over a condi cleanse utility, especially in this condi meta. In general, if On hit: sigils have higher cooldowns than On-Swap sigils, it becomes a watered down version of the on swap sigil. I’m hoping you can at least get two procs within one weapon swap or slightly longer than a weapon swap. so maybe 4-6 cooldown?

On Swap
Sigil of Stagnation
Cripple nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat (3 Seconds, 240 Radius).
(Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

Sigil of Intelligence
Your next three attacks after swapping to this weapon while in combat have a 100% critical chance.
My opinion on this has changed after Boot’s recent bad builds on ranger. I think this has a place with valkyrie builds
Sigil of Escape
Remove movement-impairing effect from yourself when swapping to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 18 Seconds)
Oh, this is much better. Now it feels like thief’s unbounded dodger but without the swiftness.
Sigil of Revelation
Reveal enemies around you when swapping to this weapon (1/4 seconds, 240 radius).
Never had a problem with this sigil but I guess you had to do something about the thief whiners :P
Sigil of Greater Nullification
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat removes 2 boons from your target.
Either make 3 on 18 seconds, or 2 on 9 seconds in my opinion. The boon spam is much greater than this.

Passive
Sigil of Compounding
Sigil of Exploitation
Sigil of Opportunity
Sigil of Punishment
Sigil of Separation
I really like these much better than force. It encourages specific playstyles and focusing (for compounding and exploitation)

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration
Deal 3% more damage versus disabled foes.
I run this a lot, can’t wait to use that bonus!
Sigil of Agony
Sigil of Peril
Sigil of Smoldering
Sigil of Venom
Sigil of +Confusion
Sigil of +Torment
Yes!

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

These are looking a little bit better, but a few concerns:

1. Why do some sigils apply there effect on-swap (stagnation, revelation) as opposed to on your next attack after swapping. I think there is more counterplay if these proc on-next attack (aoe around target) as opposed to instantly.
  2. For sigils that have longer CD’s, is there any idea on how this will work with engie and ele (or warrior with fast hands), who will be 50% less efficient taking these sigils. For instance, something like a ranger can put escape and revelation on one weapon, then greater nullification and something else on the other weapon, and get 4 procs over a 20s period. Ele and engie, meanwhile, would be stuck with just 2 procs. Likewise, other on-swap effects have less control for these two classes.
  3. Duration sigils should not all be the same duration. 25% longer burn is WAY stronger than 25% longer vulnerability. Similarly, 25% longer bleeds doesn’t do as much for you as 25% longer burns, as burns are applied as a burst condi, while bleeds get built up and cleansed when there is a large stack.
  4. Purity, cleansing, and escape: This is a LOT of condition cleansing available. It is conceivable to remove up to 4 conditions from a single swap (slotting cleansing + escape) which really helps builds that might struggle with condis (something like druid will put these super-defensive sigils on their “now I just spam defensive evades” weapon set) and hurt condition builds who are already getting some of their free proc-bursts reduced?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

engis also have to take precision… so since crit sigils are gone they are extra disadvantaged by these changes.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

So how long do I have till I don’t have on crit sigils for my Fresh Air elementalist? How much longer can I play my favorite build in the game which is going to get super nerfed by this change

: ( kitten it was finally an ok build . . . .

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

I still don’t like removing some of the on swap/critical hit sigils since those were the most popular ones among many classes. Infact why change anything in the close future, I think the pvp balance haven’t been this good ever before. If you want to reduce rng and add counterplay opportunities then just remove chances from on hit/on crit sigils and add cooldowns to them, long enough so they don’t feel overpowered or just nerf some of the dmg.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

I for one will not sit idle and placate this atrocity by claiming this is a good list and a good idea. While this may be an improvement to the steaming pile of hot garbage the last proposal was this is still ridiculous.

I am looking at, maybe 4 sigils worth a kitten , and my options for a power build like shatter mesmer jammed with lack luster options that will get nowhere close the benefits of sigils of air and fire. Thereby further nerfing one of the last semi decent burst builds left in this game. Whoop-de ding an extra 5% damage, because sigil of force was taken SOOOOO often in the first place. lmao. 10% and maybe I will think about it.

Most of these sigils are going to encourage a condi damage bunker fest which honestly will be the last straw for me and a lot of my guildies. Today Ive been reading in PvP why change the sigil system now?

Right now there is a ton of sigil diversity with a few like hydromancy and leeching obviously a bit more powerful than others….so why tear down the ENTIRE system and overhaul EVERYTHING when a simpler option would be to bring other sigils more in line with them, or tune down the OP ones.

You are flat out deleting content and further pigeon holing people into builds. Out of this list maybe a few will be viable and it is the SAME ISSUES ALL OVER AGAIN BUT WITH LESS SIGILS.

Sigils like revelation will massively alter gameplay, it will become nearly impossible to stomp in stealth. And confuse a lot of class roles that already had this utility in the first place…

While this list is better than the last it is still hot garbage. It makes absolutely 0 sense to overhaul an entire system because a few sigils were ahead of the pack. You will never achieve total balance, some options will always be better than others so why strip out content to further bore us.

A much better approach would be to leave the sigils already in the game, and add these alternatives, while at the same time toning down the more powerful sigils at the moment.

Getting rid of on-crit sigils effectively destroys many many of the burst builds which is going to further stagnate gameplay into a bunker snooze fest. Why dont you just add internal cooldowns to the on crit sigils? Would that not address the issue? (Although I don’t perceive there to be one).

PvP in this game finally got close to balanced, albeit condi is a little busted and you want to strip out the viability of many builds because the sigils were to strong. Like completely dumping a plate of food in the garbage because some of it touched.

Asinine.

This will probably be the final straw for me.

Help

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the sigils that have 15sec icd or more are not op and I see no reason to change them. nullification in particular is fine as is. we need more boon removal since there is quite a bunch of boon spam.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

CD for most on hit is too long. I would also keep the bleeding on hit from the first proposal. It´s not too powerful. If not using precision intelligence is good but otherwise … I actually need damage options without swaping. Ele has only one set not two to alternate ….
Well i can actually use strengh als alround sigil.
Sigil of paralysation is great. Happy to see the duration sigils back with a slight buff.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Does this forum even practice optimism?

Because these ideas aren’t bad to the point where they’ll eliminate builds.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Does this forum even practice optimism?

Because these ideas aren’t bad to the point where they’ll eliminate builds.

Shhh. Ele’s don’t have water so their sustains got completely rekt!

Reveal sigil will uninstall thieves from the game! Even though it really only hurts Rangers the most!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

These are definitely better than the first pass.

Would still love to see a +5% damage from behind or something.

But I still feel like massive removal is the wrong direction. It would be so much better to just keep all the sigils we currently have and nerf the problem sigils ( Air, fire, etc ) while buffing some of the underused sigils.

(edited by Master Ketsu.4569)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

kind of worried that generosity will still be grossly underpowered

…but glad to see it making the cut!!!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ok i like this better.

but i’m sad because u removed healing sigils

sigil of blood
sigil of heal yourself and small area when you swap to it
sigil of water

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

1. Why do some sigils apply there effect on-swap (stagnation, revelation) as opposed to on your next attack after swapping. I think there is more counterplay if these proc on-next attack (aoe around target) as opposed to instantly.
  2. For sigils that have longer CD’s, is there any idea on how this will work with engie and ele (or warrior with fast hands), who will be 50% less efficient taking these sigils. For instance, something like a ranger can put escape and revelation on one weapon, then greater nullification and something else on the other weapon, and get 4 procs over a 20s period. Ele and engie, meanwhile, would be stuck with just 2 procs. Likewise, other on-swap effects have less control for these two classes.
  3. Duration sigils should not all be the same duration. 25% longer burn is WAY stronger than 25% longer vulnerability. Similarly, 25% longer bleeds doesn’t do as much for you as 25% longer burns, as burns are applied as a burst condi, while bleeds get built up and cleansed when there is a large stack.
  4. Purity, cleansing, and escape: This is a LOT of condition cleansing available. It is conceivable to remove up to 4 conditions from a single swap (slotting cleansing + escape) which really helps builds that might struggle with condis (something like druid will put these super-defensive sigils on their “now I just spam defensive evades” weapon set) and hurt condition builds who are already getting some of their free proc-bursts reduced?

It depends what they have in mind for sustain nerfs as I am sure rangers will be affected

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

25% more burn

or

25% more vuln..

lol like Blackbeard mentioned, these should not have the same %.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Evan, why do you want to make refuge/core thief even less viable than it is? Can you give an actual explanation to it?
Why are there no sigils to remove immunities like endure pain, invuls, blocks etc? I mean if you are going to add such sigils as revealing, then sigils removing blocks, invuls, immunities etc. need to happen as well, otherwise you are heavily discriminating one class.

Also 15 sec CD for 1 condi xfer on sigil of generosity is absurdly long. Have you tried to pvp lately? Like at all?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OneWordName.3761

I think a good solution would be to have damaging conditions get bonus damage from sigils, and have non-damaging conditions get bonus duration.

Chill/Vuln/Weakness duration sigils are currently +20% duration on live, so I think buffing them to 25% would be good. They would be a little more competitive for the slot and I don’t think a 5% would break any of these.

Burning/Bleeding/Poison/Torment are all +20% duration currently and I think buffing some of these by even 5% could have unintended consequences. Also as many have pointed out, due to conditions being frequently cleansed, bonus duration for bleeding will never really be equal in value to bonus duration in burning. I think if these conditions instead got bonus damage from sigils, it would be easier to balance them against each other. +10% bleeding damage IS (more or less) equal to +10% burning damage.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Why no "next attack is unblockable after swapping " sigil?
Block is as spammable as stealth in PvP..but we get reveal sigil and not the other…

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Add 1 sec stealth on swap sigil XP

I dont like condi buffs. Condi mesmer is already top1 god of pvp. After mes buff in patch they will be op as f.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: mixxed.5862

mixxed.5862

There needs to be a tell added to sigil of revelation to bring it in line imo. I’m thinking of a short delay of 0.5 or 0.75 sec after swap before the reveal happens. Adding a small visual effect to the weapon swap would then serve as tell. Like a light emanating briefly from the character on weapon swap indicating the reveal to happen shortly.
That it has no tell at all is what sets it apart from sigil of greater nullification, as with that you still need to hit your next attack. Though I’d like a visible swap effect on that one as well. Or did I get it wrong and you can’t actually evade it?

You could think about changing sigil of cleansing to 2 conditions cleared on a 18 sec cooldown in order to set it apart from sigil of purity. That way classes with a normal weapon swap will profit more from equipping one. Especially for thiefs that would be a very strong shortbow sigil! Well, it’s probably a bit too powerful that way…

Btw I like a lot this sigil that MithranArkanere suggested (though the others not as much)
Sigil of Grace
Gain Aegis (1 second) when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 18 seconds)

(edited by mixxed.5862)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

nicknamenick.2437

My feedback:

On Hit
Sigil of Frailty
On hit: Inflict Vulnerability (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Seconds)
make it 2 vuln every 3 sec

Sigil of Generosity
On hit: transfer a Condition to your foe.
(Cooldown: 15 Seconds)
remove this one

Sigil of Purity
On hit: Remove a Condition
OK

Sigil of Nullification
On hit: Remove a Boon
OK

Sigil of Strength
On hit: Gain Might (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Second)
OK

On Swap
Sigil of Agility
Gain 5 seconds of swiftness and 1 second of quickness when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
OK

Sigil of Battle
Gain 4 stacks of might (5 seconds) when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 9 seconds)
from 5 to 7 sec might

Sigil of Doom
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts Poison (5 seconds).
OK

Sigil of Energy
Gain 25% of your endurance when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
(Cooldown: 9 seconds)
OK

Sigil of Exposure
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts 5 stacks of Vulnerability (5 Seconds).
from 5 to 7 seconds

Sigil of Stagnation
Cripple nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat (3 Seconds, 240 Radius).
from 3 to 4 sec

Sigil of Intelligence
Your next three attacks after swapping to this weapon while in combat have a 100% critical chance.
OK

Sigil of Escape
Remove movement-impairing effect from yourself when swapping to this weapon while in combat.
18sec creates very annoying swapping stuff on something like warriors, so pls dont make allot of these

Sigil of Revelation
Reveal enemies around you when swapping to this weapon (1/4 seconds, 240 radius).
18sec creates very annoying swapping stuff on something like warriors, so pls dont make allot of these

Sigil of Greater Nullification
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat removes 2 boons from your target.

Sigil of Cleansing
Remove 1 conditions when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
OK

Passive
Sigil of Compounding
Deal 1% extra damage per condition on your foe.
OK

Sigil of Exploitation
Deal 5% extra damage to targets below 50% health.
OK

Sigil of Opportunity
Deal 5% extra damage to movement-impaired foes.
OK

Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe.
OK

Sigil of Separation
Deal 5% extra damage to targets more than 500 distance away.
OK

Sigil of Paralyzation
+30% Stun duration
Deal 3% more damage versus disabled foes.
OK, 3% more dmg was not really needed, ps only stun? i remember this also working for daze?

Sigil of Agony
Increased Inflicted Bleeding Duration: 25%
OK

Sigil of Peril
Increased Inflicted Vulnerability Duration: 25%
OK

Sigil of Smoldering
Increase Inflicted Burning Duration: 25%
from 25% to 20%

Sigil of Venom
Increase Inflicted Poison Duration: 25%
form 25% to 20%

Sigil of +Confusion
Increase Inflicted Confusion Duration: 25%
form 25% to 20%

Sigil of +Torment
Increase Inflicted Torment Duration: 25%
form 25% to 20%

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

change greater nullification to removes boons depending on the amount the target has. 2 boons → -1, 4 boons -2, 6 boons -3 with a normal cd of 9s

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

change greater nullification to removes boons depending on the amount the target has. 2 boons -> -1, 4 boons -2, 6 boons -3 with a normal cd of 9s

Then the same should be done for the condi sigils.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OneWordName.3761

I think it’s important to have sigils that deal PbAoE on activation, they are reliable way to clear blind spam and I think taking that away is going to be very frustrating for a lot of players. Adding a damage component to Sigil of Stagnation would be likely be the only way this sigil might be used. Similarly if Sigil of Exposure was PbAoE instead of on next strike it might be worth taking but as is I don’t see it being very good at any amount of vuln stacks. Even if the strike was reduced to be zero or effectively zero damage (I wouldn’t do this, I think it’s an awkward solution but it could be done lol) it would still provide a way to get off a strike through blind spam. Also, if you gave these sigils damage you could remove the strike from Sigil of Hydromancy to make it competitive over which one to take, the stronger cc or the blind clear.

Sigils provide all classes with a ton of complexity, just be careful what changes you make. x_x

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

25% more burn

or

25% more vuln..

After some rough math, all the condi duration sigils are way too high. What happened is the Force/Air/Fire/Blood/Leeching/Hydromancy sigils have been removed and basically replaced with mostly lesser Direct Damage versions in the pvp sigil overhaul. The exception is condition duration (which correlates to damage output over time) sigils have been increased 20% in value (increased from +20% to +25%).

If anything, all these damage condi sigils need to be reduced as well by 20%-25% or should be +15% duration sigils. Vulnerability (and if added, any other non damaging sigils) could easily be +25% and not impact much of the play.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

Is it possible to add a sigil that grants 1 stack of stability for 1 to 3 sec on swap?

Btw, Sigil of Purity and Sigil of Cleansing are almost the same thing.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

nicknamenick.2437

Is it possible to add a sigil that grants 1 stack of stability for 1 to 3 sec on swap?

Btw, Sigil of Purity and Sigil of Cleansing are almost the same thing.

No they are not the same sigils (just like Sigil of Strength / sigil of battle)
Some prefer on swap, some on hit.

stability on swap? sounds pretty OP and must have sigil

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

While a sigil like this would be really nice to have I don’t think Anet is going to add one. That sigil would be or at least very close to mandatory on classes that lack reliable/easy access to stability and it’s clear from these changes they don’t want that.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

Does torment get turned into +torment? ty for agony buff btw

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

This V2 is somewhat better though still hardly that good.

It’s good that you got rid of the powercreeped options for condi builds. I still don’t know why you got rid of such sigils as leeching or hydromancy, since the RNG damage this project aims to reduce stems from air/blood/fire. You’re trying to promote on swap sigils but those were OP? Hum. Well they’re not so I’m puzzled.

Battle needs a buff, it’s too weak as it is.

The 18s CD sigils would be too strong on 9s CD and too situational on 18s CD (ie you’d need perfect rotations to make any use of it on a weapon set you hardly use, and luck on your side). That’s hardly practical and a sigil AoE reveal is a terrible idea (I don’t main thief and they’re overdue for a nerf but this is not it). If they’re too strong for 9s and thus get 18s CD, it means you should rework them. And don’t buff the nullification one again unless you wanna see people ripping dozens of boons through sigils alone. You’re trying to make picking sigils simpler too, throwing in some 18s CD would make little sense.

Then I’m puzzled again. Most passive sigils are worthless. 5% damage is useless in PvP as PvP is not about DPS, it’s about landing a few critical skills. Passive sigils are worthless because they only shine if you can land almost all your skills (like in PvE). Force isn’t used at the moment, never was. Those sigils are worse than Force. If you’re trying to make it so there’s no “illusion of diversity” then don’t add pointless sigils. The duration sigils are even worse save for Paralyzation, they’re a waste of a slot in most cases. Those are PvE sigils, yet again. I can think of some exceptions like trying to cap burn duration on a burn build but that’s about it (most other condis get duration capped through traits,runes,amulets).

This project is still lacking and I hope there will be many more versions so that you can improve it.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Shwyx.8190

Shwyx.8190

I don’t understand the strong focus on swapping sigils.

It’s essentially a gimmicky mechanic that goes contrary to how the game is played at any other point in time: you swap for melee/ranged or to access another skill.

Sure, a skilled player will now be able to reveal or steal a boon. Everyone else will probably lock themselves out of the weapon they need, or simply not utilize the mechanic.

PvP has a lot of other problems right now, and I don’t think sigils should be a priority.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I don’t understand the strong focus on swapping sigils.

It’s essentially a gimmicky mechanic that goes contrary to how the game is played at any other point in time: you swap for melee/ranged or to access another skill.

Sure, a skilled player will now be able to reveal or steal a boon. Everyone else will probably lock themselves out of the weapon they need, or simply not utilize the mechanic.

It’s fair that there can be conflict between sigils and weapon swapping. If the sigil has a powerful effect, you care more about holding weapon swap for the sigil than the weapon skills. Ideally all on-swap sigils could complement your choice of weapons and not overshadow them.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

25% more burn

or

25% more vuln..

After some rough math, all the condi duration sigils are way too high. What happened is the Force/Air/Fire/Blood/Leeching/Hydromancy sigils have been removed and basically replaced with mostly lesser Direct Damage versions in the pvp sigil overhaul. The exception is condition duration (which correlates to damage output over time) sigils have been increased 20% in value (increased from +20% to +25%).

If anything, all these damage condi sigils need to be reduced as well by 20%-25% or should be +15% duration sigils. Vulnerability (and if added, any other non damaging sigils) could easily be +25% and not impact much of the play.

We will take more looks at the numbers. It could be that 20% is fine with a new set of available sigils.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

1. We have been debating which effect makes more sense.
  2. The longer cooldowns are simply because we like the effect, but are just too strong for classes that have frequent access to ‘swaps’ like engie and warr. You are right in that they have much less control. However, making every sigil viable on every class/build is probably an unrealistic goal.
  3. We will look at the numbers
  4. Escape was changed from only cleansing immobilize because it felt weak, but perhaps it could do something like only cleanse cripple/chill?

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Have escape clear stuns, cripple & chill

I can already see the return of Revs

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos