Sigil Proposals v2

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I thought this was PVP not PvE, why is there so many 5% more damage sigils?

Does anyone actually use Sigil of Force in PvP?

Cuz things like Air, Fire, and Blood are better in most cases for PvP. But if you remove them Force becomes the default option.

The idea A-net has is to add focus so that you only get a 5% reward based on a certain criteria along with more sigils that are kind of a tech choice, and thus the fragmentation of Force.

You can debate if this is awful or not, but the direction seems to be pretty clear. (unless I missed something)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Hygoro.3062

Hygoro.3062

All of these seem like a really cool direction to be taking Sigils, but does anyone else feel like with the direction this would be going it’d be really neat if you could see what Sigils your opponents had equipped? Possibly on the side of a person’s portrait or even as just buffs when you click on them (pvp only of course). That way you would know that an enemy is really dangerous when your stunned or immobilized or when far away. Though that’s probably be a ton more programming, just my two cents on this really interesting discussion.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Please don’t remove Sigil of Ice. It’s necessary for necros because otherwise the only way to take advantage of Chilling Victory and Chillin Nova is with staff and staff only.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Please don’t remove Sigil of Ice. It’s necessary for necros because otherwise the only way to take advantage of Chilling Victory and Chillin Nova is with staff and staff only.

Really though if Necros need more synergy with their reaper traits then it needs to happen to actual necro/reaper skills/traits. While sigil of ice synergizes really well, if the problem with removing it is because Necro itself isn’t left with enough internal synergy around those traits then its necro that needs to be changed.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Really though if Necros need more synergy with their reaper traits then it needs to happen to actual necro/reaper skills/traits. While sigil of ice synergizes really well, if the problem with removing it is because Necro itself isn’t left with enough internal synergy around those traits then its necro that needs to be changed.

You really don’t want to open this can of worms in this topic

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

This is factually not true.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The problem is a deep one that can be summarized with the statement “The Reaper traitline was only designed with power in mind”

Power reaper will survive the sigil changes, mostPnecs don’t even use Ice anyways. Blighter’s Boon’s synergy with Spite means that reduced Chilling Victory access isn’t critical.

Condi Necro however is in trouble. Cnec depends on chill access for DPS, and more importantly Cnec does not have Blighter’s which means Cnec leans heavily on Chilling Victory to augment it’s LF gain. Also reduced Chill access means less kiting capability.

There just isn’t the chill access to make it work. The only solution would be to make Core Condi necro viable (the elimination of reaper dependency eliminates the chill problem) but doing that would require redefining Core Shroud which is highly unlikely. Our best hope is that the next Expansion brings a condi elite spec that has the same level of synergy with condi builds that reaper does with power builds.

Of course less chill access doesn’t affect Cnec’s corruption capabilities, so Ele+nec duos will still be a thing, but Cnec is going to be pushed even harder into the “completely dependent on teamsupport for basic functionality” gameplay.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This list is far better than V1 but you guys are spinning your wheels, and degrading the game by leaving out sigils like Accuracy, Transference, Water and whatever other good sigils that are getting flat out deleted.

Woah woah woah, are they deleting Accuracy?

Because I’m definitely never setting foot in the game mode again if this sigil isn’t there.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’ve updated the original post with some updates. Please take a look!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.

Kinda low reward for something that important…

•Sigil of Punishment is now Sigil of Enhancement and deals .5% damage per boon on yourself. We didn’t like the idea of a damage bonuses based on something you didn’t have direct control over.

This sound really ridiculous on classes like rev or engi…but I see it on ele.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

All x/p thieves are gonna love this.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

All x/p thieves are gonna love this.

gonna use it on my mace/shield set on warrior for sure

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

“Sigil of Punishment is now Sigil of Enhancement and deals .5% damage per boon on yourself. We didn’t like the idea of a damage bonuses based on something you didn’t have direct control over.”

Thank you for considering my criticism to this with an open mind.

From earlier Posts:

“Maybe if you make it per boon applied by others. Then at least you could try to avoid it instead of auto procing yourself into more damage”

"
Wait a sec….
“Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe.”

Some classes have traits that can’t turn off their boon generation. And some classes are balanced around having boons. What is the %damage increase against classes that don’t rely as much on boons to survive? (and unique to those classes)

Are you going to give me a 5% against people in a stance? Using a kit? having a pet?

I’m fine if you add damage because of something I do to an opponent. But for them to get to punish me for turning on regen when I need it because that’s the tool my class was given to survive is a bit silly.
"

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Did my other suggestions almost make the cut at least??? Come on the lame zerg sigil had to have inspired some ideas

“Maybe a sigil of the lone wolf “+5% damage when not within 1000 distance of an ally”
:)

Sigil of the lame zerg “+5% damage when within 300 of an ally”
:)"

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Although the bonus per boon works well for me as an engi, I’m worried that other’s whom aren’t as boontiful would find this unfair. The really interesting aspect is that you could provide support by applying boons to the group and it would have a damage impact. That’s really a sort of neat way to further mesh the support role. Of course the folks being helped would be having to run this sigil, so maybe better for premade teams, or swap in the 1 min before the match if its discussed there’ll be a boon giver.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Crinn.7864

• NEW: Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interruption a foe.

And thieves now have better boon removal than necros.

YouTube

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Seems like you guys are pretty set on not including support sigils. Mind if I ask why?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

• NEW: Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interruption a foe.

Does stealing a boon activate Blighter’s Boon?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

the sigil of asborption opens the way for interupt builds to be a thing. first comes to mind, thiefs, mesmers,necros becoming stronger. As long as sustain isn’t gutted at the same time it might work. the removal of cleric, celestial and minstrel definately were a big blow to sustain overall.

Any plans to keep sigil of accuacy in?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

• Removed Sigil of Generosity. We didn’t like the inconsistent on-hit cooldowns required for balance.
  • Removed Sigil of Revelation. While we like this effect, we will keep it in our back pocket for some more thought.

1. Why? In testing what made the 5 extra seconds “required” for balance? vs 10 seconds being OP?

2. Please don’t let this fall to the wayside, would be great if an option like this was included in the sigil changes. (I kinda liked the idea of ONE weapon having reveal.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

1. Why? In testing what made the 5 extra seconds “required” for balance? vs 10 seconds being OP?

Sigil of Purity is already on a 10 second cooldown and is less effective than generosity.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I don’t suppose you could double the swiftness duration on sigil of agility as well? Halving the swiftness uptime halved kinda kills any interest I had in running it =\

(edited by Sins.4782)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Sigil of agility change is a huge nerf IMO it was fine as-is.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

“•NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.”

Mace Shield warriors are very happy today

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I think you could’ve doubled the Quickness duration on Sigil of Agility without doubling the cooldown. Quickness is not a powerful boon in PvP. The only real use for it is down-cleaving. And nobody will equip a sigil for that purpose.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I thought this was PVP not PvE, why is there so many 5% more damage sigils?

Does anyone actually use Sigil of Force in PvP?

No one does. Their reasoning is, people used it way back when, when there were no other viable options.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Why did you cave and remove revelation? And I hope that sigil of absorption/ruthlessness have balanced CDs on them, as it is some classes can already trait interrupts to be really kittening good, handing out 5 stacks of might and stealing a boon on low CDs on top of that would be kittening ridiculous without reasonable CDs.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Sigil of Enhancement
Unless you plan to greatly reduce boon spam with profession changes, this is essentially a straight 5% damage sigil.

Sigil of Ruthlessness
Please no on-interrupt sigils. Interrupt/CC spam from certain abilities is already a pain and they could stack this sigil insanely quick. An ele could wade through a group with shocking aura and trigger this sigil multiple times just from incidental cleave. Pulmonary Impact spam thieves will do even more damage.

Sigil of Absorbtion
Doubly bad. It has on-interrupt design and is boon steal, something which should be left to profession abilities.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Although, I’d be the first to add the “on interrupt” sigil to my build. This screams for an ICD!!

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Do we really need so many condition specific sigils? What if we had a flat condition boost which gave 1% damage boost for each unique condition on a foe.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

Removal of Sigil of Accuracy is not ok.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Removal of Sigil of Accuracy is not ok.

This we need accuracy to stay.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Sigil of Enhancement
Unless you plan to greatly reduce boon spam with profession changes, this is essentially a straight 5% damage sigil.

This depends on class, scrappers, and eles will definitely benefit, possibly druid as well. The others just don’t have enough boons as it would take 10 unique boons to even get to where Force is currently. Revenant, for example, while being boon-heavy, only has consistent access to 6-7 boons on its own. Which means 3 – 3.5 % damage increase.

Sigil of Ruthlessness
Please no on-interrupt sigils. Interrupt/CC spam from certain abilities is already a pain and they could stack this sigil insanely quick. An ele could wade through a group with shocking aura and trigger this sigil multiple times just from incidental cleave. Pulmonary Impact spam thieves will do even more damage.

Yet the duration is only 3 seconds. It might give an easy burst in power but it won’t aid much in overall DPS. Especially without Air or the other On-Crit sigils.

Sigil of Absorbtion
Doubly bad. It has on-interrupt design and is boon steal, something which should be left to profession abilities.

This I do agree with. But it might just be to counter Sigil of Enhancement.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Can we have another on-hit condi sigil plez?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well the first version with on hit bleeding at 3s CD was not too powerful and at least something. Rmoving accuracy removes non meta build options it so its a pitty.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

1. Are new sigils 100% proc on hit?
Sigil of Frailty
On hit: Inflict Vulnerability (10 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 2 Seconds)
Would be nice to have 5 vuln stacks upkeep.

NEW: Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interruption a foe.

Way too op. Dp gonna win every duel vs staff thief.
There are no cool sigils for staff thief. Any chance for evade sigil on short cooldown?
I hear build divesity is important, but i dont see it for thief. Staff was nerfed and here we so no good proposal for staff.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interrupting a foe.

Time to play mesmer or warrior.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

yea i did see it too. Thief offhand pistol and also warrior + mesmer are in a good spot.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interrupting a foe.

Time to play mesmer or warrior.

The order of boon removal is resistance, aegis, retaliation, swiftness, might, regeneration, quickness, fury and vigor.

Most people only have access to resistance for a few seconds (war berserker stance is a pulsing resistance) . Hardly see Mallyx revs. Aegis is boring., Retal is not bad, Swiftness is meh since everyone except guardians has base movement speed buffs. The good stuff is right near the end with might, regen, quickness.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

Sigil of Agility change definitely allows for more interesting use compared to how it was really allows for that style of the quick whirling wrath/100b/etc skills to get off effectively.

I still don’t really feel like interrupt sigil are very balanced in general since they have no CD at all and the fact that you can interrupt auto attacks to make use of the effects while some classes have the ability to interrupt multiple times. Sure these aren’t sigil of draining type effects but you probly just add these to Mesmer or mace warrior and they will just steal all your boons NP. Not to mention there are things like deflecting shot or tides of time which can just interrupt entire teams and give those classes huge stacks of boons for single skill uses. If you don’t at least put a couple second ICD on these you’re begging for trouble.

Also still really think you’re making a mistake not buffing battle even a little bit you’ve added plenty of options that are probably more useful than it now and giving it like a couple seconds base would go a long way. I also felt the 33% energy sigil was a good idea not sure why you backed out on that. When not a single offensive class uses the 25% energy sigil you know it’s probly in a bad place. Plus it gets closer to the non PvP version that way.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sin.1827

Sin.1827

please don’t add interrupt sigils

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Add new skills and traitlines instead of wasting time on things that will not change the meta at all.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Sigil of Frailty

There are no cool sigils for staff thief. Any chance for evade sigil on short cooldown?
I hear build divesity is important, but i dont see it for thief. Staff was nerfed and here we so no good proposal for staff.

They just nerfed the amount of evades that DD has access to and you want to add more in? Somehow I doubt this will happen.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Sigil of Frailty

They just nerfed the amount of evades that DD has access to and you want to add more in? Somehow I doubt this will happen.

I dont want to add more evades. I just want some special sigil proced by evade.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Oh ok, a sigil procced by evade would be cool. I thought you meant add a sigil that gave you an evade on some condition (like taking a crit, or weapon swap)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Playing interrupt mesmer will be fun and rewarding.

I like the focus of rewarding countering your foe other than rewarding just outlasting your foe this team is taking. Already we have the game’s focus on spamming abilities to win, and to counter this I see we are rewarding players who interrupt mindless spammers.

I like the direction and let’s see how well it plays out. Could it be OP and need some adjusting? Yes, but we won’t know until it becomes live.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Although, I’d be the first to add the “on interrupt” sigil to my build. This screams for an ICD!!

Agreed.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Can we upgrade the UI to show ICD’s while we are at it? =/

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Can we have another on-hit condi sigil plez?

Pretty sure those are intentionally omitted. It’s hard to balance condition damage skills when they get access to more conditions through sigils and runes.

Just like power builds had burst damage sigils removed in favor of smoothing it out with +%damage or might and vulnerability stacking, condition damage builds will have to use +duration or might and vulnerability stacking.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OneWordName.3761

OneWordName.3761

It really seems like in taking away crit sigils you’re not only limiting my choices in building but also your own choices in balancing. For instance I would never take generosity as it is on this list because it has a 50% high icd than purity, and I don’t think potentially 50% less conditions purged is worth applying what will likely be 2-3s of a random condition. I don’t think purity and generosity can be balanced against each other by icd alone, they need different procing methods otherwise one will always be better than the other in my eyes.

If on-interrupt sigils are meant to be the replacement to on-crit sigils in pvp, they’re going to need internal cooldowns and to have a wider variety of effects than generating vuln and might.