Sigil Proposals

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Renee.7814

Renee.7814

Please don’t make geo a passive… a lot of the skill in optimizing condi classes (i.e complex mes combos) comes from landing weapon swaps at close range. This change simplifies combos by a lot (if geo is even taken)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

Why would you nerf Sigil of Battle’s might duration that much that sigil is already terrible with 20 seconds of might. Sure you might get to the same max stacks faster but that wasn’t even the problem that sigil had in the first place…

Why do you even try to make nullification work you probably just made it worse unless it strips in a priority list of stab/resistance/prot. This sigil has to be broken in order for it to be good and if you didn’t give it a priority list of stab it will be useless. I’m not gonna take a 1 in 5 chance on a ranger to remove stab for my surge of the mists.

Sigil of Lethargy
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat slows your target (2 Seconds).
(Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

You are giving most condi classes the ability to apply a realistic scenario 33% or more uptime on slow where they never even had access to slow in the first place. Why would you ever do this to the game. xddd

Also I don’t know if you even payed attention to what I said about passive sigils but the fact that you drop Force for those when force was useless already and those can only possibly match it is actually hilarious. Even with the removal of Air/Fire/Blood/Leeching it is very likely that classes will never take these because they’re so laughably weak.

Also why would you remove Renewal and Transference? You provided no effective alternative and all you really did was nerf ele a bit and make something like bunker support guard even less viable since it now has even fewer healing ratios.

Honestly fairly disappointed by these changes it will add in like only a handful of meaningful changes most of which is simply from the removal of sigils or effects from the sigils despite this being an entire rework on sigils overall. My feeling when I look at all these sigils is how I don’t want any of these sigils and I just resign myself to the fact that people would have to take kittenty sigils simply because you actually removed every other useful alternative. The likelihood people stray out of the use of energy/strength/battle/lethargy if they aren’t a condi/support class is extremely low and like I said battle is a boring non useful sigil but all the alternatives are fairly low value.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Please, PLEASE tell me that you forget to add Air and Fire to your list.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The biggest change that I would like to see to this list, is to limit players to only taking 1 on swap sigil that deals a condition per weapon set. Being able to instantly apply 2 cover conditions for free is bullkitten, 1 cover condition is fine considering you don’t burn any skill CDs to do so.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Sigil of Compounding
Deal 1% extra damage per condition on your foe. Maximum 5%.

Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe. Maximum 5%.

Did it ever occur to you that no one ever took force in the first place. Adding an extra mechanic to reaching the same damage as force did by default doesn’t make it viable. LOL. Even with the removal of air/fire and hydro/leech this is still a horrible dps option, literally no justification for running this or any of the other dmg sigils as opposed to Lethargy/Revelation.

Everyone took force back when you could only take one proc sigil, so there’s probably some variation of a flat damage sigil that would compete for a slot in the new system.

cmc in game

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Why are there only 3 on hit sigils? As a thief main I don’t understand why we get three options all three of which I would never take. Our only on hit options simply do not compete with the multitude of on swap sigils. If you’ve ever watched a single one of the tournaments you hosted that had a thief in it you’ll notice he stays in DP or staff for the entire duration of the fight. So what, we get to have 3 stacks of might and 3 stacks of vuln in a prolonged skirmish? No thanks, guess we have to run some on swap sigils that we will only get use out of once every fight when every other class is proccing sigils every 10 seconds. Seems good man

Katsumi

(edited by Anonymouse.4760)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I propose a next attack after weapon swap causes “Revealed” for 30 seconds Sigil.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

Evan, these ideas are good and I like balancing sigils. However you have to realize how much this change impacts Balance. Removal of blood/air/fire may be a good idea in theory, but it will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce ALL damage in this game. That will inheritantly buff condi classes and sustain builds. These are the implications:
Druid and scrapper are stronger again due to direct damage basically not able to kill them any longer.
Guardians will be utterly unviable (rip me) since a significant amount of damage comes from crit sigils.
Necros, warriors, mesmers will be gods again.

Basically you might take thief since pulmonary is God mode, but besides that it’s all tank +condi builds.

I like the direction this ATTEMPTED to make but the effects on balance are far too significant for pvp to be healthy following a patch like this.

Oh well time to welcome the necro+warrior overlord meta.

Darek.1836

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Why are there only 3 on hit sigils? As a thief main I don’t understand why we get three options all three of which I would never take. Our only on hit options simply do not compete with the multitude of on swap sigils. If you’ve ever watched a single one of the tournaments you hosted that had a thief in it you’ll notice he stays in DP or staff for the entire duration of the fight. So what, we get to have 3 stacks of might and 3 stacks of vuln in a prolonged skirmish? No thanks, guess we have to run some on swap sigils that we will only get use out of once every fight if we are lucky.

great point. a number of builds don’t encourage weapon swapping. thief fights with one weapon set, & so do some other builds. like, if i play GS on DH i only really use it for mobility or cleave, id be in bow 90% of the time. as a consequence of that i run air & generosity on the bow, but those are going to be deleted.

seems like a buff to swap heavy builds & a nerf to the rest.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Why are there only 3 on hit sigils? As a thief main I don’t understand why we get three options all three of which I would never take. Our only on hit options simply do not compete with the multitude of on swap sigils. If you’ve ever watched a single one of the tournaments you hosted that had a thief in it you’ll notice he stays in DP or staff for the entire duration of the fight. So what, we get to have 3 stacks of might and 3 stacks of vuln in a prolonged skirmish? No thanks, guess we have to run some on swap sigils that we will only get use out of once every fight if we are lucky.

Guess you have to take that 2% (on average) damage sigil while everyone else runs around with an average 5 stacks of might and a swap burst of 9 stacks of might from their sigils.

So you got nerfed by… 10% damage inadvertently.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Paul.2054

Everyone took force back when you could only take one proc sigil, so there’s probably some variation of a flat damage sigil that would compete for a slot in the new system.

Yeah and now you forcibly pigeonhole everyone into taking it because you removed any alternative. People didn’t want to take Force they just had to because it made the most sense. Now you do the same exact thing with a worse sigil only because no one wants to take anything else you provided. It isn’t a good sigil just because you removed everything else that was good.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

OriOri.8724

You should consider yourself lucky, they initially weren’t going to keep any on hit sigils in the game. 3 is not a great variety, but it is better than none.

I think though that they are trying to gently nudge people away from camping the same weapon. Obviously a better way to go about that is redesigning skills such that it isn’t beneficial to stay in a single weapon set for the majority of the time, but that is significantly harder to do than just removing on hit sigils.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Because removal of key on ht/on crit sigils air, fire and blood help accomplish one of their goals. Bolded.

Also the on swap sigils will have an icon above the bar that everyone can see which reduces randomness and increases counter-play since the effects are lost if the strike that was going to apply it is mitigated. Underlined.

Our high-level goals include reducing RNG gameplay, promoting counter-play, reducing raw damage output, and removing ineffective choices.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Evan, these ideas are good and I like balancing sigils. However you have to realize how much this change impacts Balance. Removal of blood/air/fire may be a good idea in theory, but it will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce ALL damage in this game. That will inheritantly buff condi classes and sustain builds. These are the implications:
Druid and scrapper are stronger again due to direct damage basically not able to kill them any longer.
Guardians will be utterly unviable (rip me) since a significant amount of damage comes from crit sigils.

Basically you might take thief since pulmonary is God mode, but besides that it’s all tank +condi builds.

I like the direction this ATTEMPTED to make but the effects on balance are far too significant for pvp to be healthy following a patch like this.

We’re definitely aware of the impact of removing sigils that create free damage, and are looking at sustain nerfs that will ship at the same time as the sigil update.

cmc in game

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Why would you remove Renewal and Transference? You provided no effective alternative and all you really did was nerf ele a bit and make something like bunker support guard even less viable since it now has even fewer healing ratios.

Can’t be less of something you never were… Bunker Guard was never viable to begin with.

Ele could use a nerf in sustains, I guess we’ll have to settle with that 1% nerf :/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: suchalameo.7896

suchalameo.7896

Buffs feel better than nerfs > Buffs make for a more exciting game to watch and play >> Stop nerfing things >>>

you > kiss > meta

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Buffs feel better than nerfs > Buffs make for a more exciting game to watch and play >> Stop nerfing things >>>

au contraire,

with how much power creep gw2 has nerfs are what it needs

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

OriOri.8724

We’re definitely aware of the impact of removing sigils that create free damage, and are looking at sustain nerfs that will ship at the same time as the sigil update.

Do you have a timeline of when this update will ship? Will we see it during S6? Before S7? End of 2017? When?

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

Sigil of Water should be one of the non-weapon swap options, cooldown based. It would be an easy to balance and predictable hp/s option that should scale well with healing power.

Renewal for pbaoe healing was also something worth considering.

These are legitimate decisions, you sacrifice pressure for sustain or the ability to assist allies.

Also I don’t know that the condition duration sigils were really that bad. In some cases it was the only way to squeeze real DPS out of some condition types for some builds. I suppose this is mitigated by the fact that duration is available on amulets now vs years ago when these sigils were the only way, though.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Paul.2054

au contraire,

Yeah because what this game needs is the 50th nerf to druid/engi/ele. /s

Just can’t wait until I’m further pushed into full bunker mode on my druid as even more damage and sustainability is removed from the class. Magi Amulet party anyone?

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Anonymouse.4760

You should consider yourself lucky, they initially weren’t going to keep any on hit sigils in the game. 3 is not a great variety, but it is better than none.

I think though that they are trying to gently nudge people away from camping the same weapon. Obviously a better way to go about that is redesigning skills such that it isn’t beneficial to stay in a single weapon set for the majority of the time, but that is significantly harder to do than just removing on hit sigils.

I don’t think you understand. Why would I consider myself lucky when I already said thieves arent going to use any of the three on hit sigils. Staying in the same weapon set
Is part of thiefs design, albeit the purpose of having initiative instead of weapon cooldowns. Thief has taken shortbow off hand because of its utility in conquest since the beginning of the game and that will never change.

Katsumi

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

choovanski.5462

au contraire,

Yeah because what this game needs is the 50th nerf to druid/engi/ele. /s

Just can’t wait until I’m further pushed into full bunker mode on my druid as even more damage and sustainability is removed from the class.

as an engi main, feel u there bro.

but on the real, only way to combat power creep is nerfs, not just to druid (best class rn imo) & engi. nerfs to damage would result in you needing less sustain, so hey nerfs can be fun too.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Really not a fan of the reveal and slow sigils; they definitely seem like they could be too powerful. Also not a fan of the total removal of defensive sigils. Blood/leeching may have been a bit too strong, but things like Renewal and Generosity? Nah.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

We’ve decided that Sigil of Lethargy (slow) will not be a thing that happens.

cmc in game

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Xiaka.2814

Xiaka.2814

Are those changes going to be introduced mid-season?
We had a balance patch two weeks ago and almost nothing changed in pvp (because most of the patch was designed for pve raids imo). I don’t like mid-season changes but otherwise we have to wait till summer for changes, can we have a consistent schedule for balance patches? With the HoT release they were the they after season, now it looks like 2 weeks after season and maybe mid-season patch?

Thanks

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Is there any possibility that any of this changes transfer to PvE/WvW sigils if they are deemed to feel better and make players more likely to use them?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

These sigil changes look excellent. I like the theme of making weapon swapping a much more important mechanic. It’s a little scary not seeing Sigil of Leeching on the list but it’s understandable as to why it’s not there.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Can we make it so that sigils isn’t attached to the weapon itself but in a standalone slots? Which also would work better for the balancing of the game. When you got 2 classes that only has two sigils to work with at the time (ele and engi) this really becomes unfair when you see on the other classes who can use bloodlust on one weaponset and swich over to the other weapon set without the bloodlust sigl and still have the bloodlust effect activated.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Can we make it so that sigils isn’t attached to the weapon itself but in a standalone slots? Which also would work better for the balancing of the game. When you got 2 classes that only has two sigils to work with at the time (ele and engi) this really becomes unfair when you see on the other classes who can use bloodlust on one weaponset and swich over to the other weapon set without the bloodlust sigl and still have the bloodlust effect activated.

Bloodlust would be removed.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Sigil of Lethargy
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat slows your target (2 Seconds).
Sigil of Revelation
Reveal nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat (240 Radius).

Are you for real? You were supposed to stop the power creep, not join them…

Are you saying you would always take those two sigils for every build?

Id say at least the second one isnt on par with the other, neither the old nor the new…And by adding these youll just increase power creep, I cant believe that playing for example a shadow art thief could get any worse
Just thinking this game goes in the wrong direction, 9sec reveal just is plain wrong..

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Do you have a timeline of when this update will ship? Will we see it during S6? Before S7? End of 2017? When?

We have a few target dates, which we can’t share yet. But definitely not during S6. Especially considering we’ll need to work with the Skills & Balance team to make skill changes in support of these changes.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I know this is a pvp discussion, but I have a question for Anet. Are these changes going to hit PvE someday? Or, alternatively, considering the massive split between pvp and pve sigils that will come from this patch, will this open the opportunity for the skill & balance team to make PvE sigils stronger and more impactful without fear of pvp balance?

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

So looks like warriors got a nice buff since they can use 4 on swap sigils.

Oh and I can hear the screams from thieves (sigil of revelation)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

More options is always a good thing. I don’t think “heavily reducing options” is good for pvp.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

OriOri.8724

I don’t think you understand. Why would I consider myself lucky when I already said thieves arent going to use any of the three on hit sigils. Staying in the same weapon set
Is part of thiefs design, albeit the purpose of having initiative instead of weapon cooldowns. Thief has taken shortbow off hand because of its utility in conquest since the beginning of the game and that will never change.

You should consider yourself lucky that you have any on hit sigils left, considering they were almost removed entirely. And just because that is a part of thief’s design (hint, it actually isn’t. Otherwise they wouldn’t have a second weapon set) doesn’t mean its good design. I do think the team is trying to nudge people away from camping a single weapon set.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

air /fire removed… good start to nerf power creep, good job
theres enough dps in skills

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I’ve long been an advocate of diminishing the effects of RNG, so I like most of these changes.

However, as we’re all well aware, sustain in this HoT meta is ridiculously high. While this aggressive change would’ve been fantastic in the pre-HoT game, I hope that it is paired with a very careful (and equally aggressive) sustain nerf. Otherwise, we’ll be right back to 5 bunky meta.

That being said, I have a few comments about some of the proposed sigils.

Sigil of Nullification
Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat removes a Boon from your target.

As long as this effect has neatly defined (and publicly viewable, please) priority table, this is a nice change. If it is going to be either RNG, or LIFO, then it will be absolutely worthless.

Sigil of Revelation
Reveal nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat (240 Radius).

This is pretty neat, but I really want to see the radius reduced to 130, and I would hope the Reveal debuff is capped at 1s (2s MAX). Reasons for this are simple, 240 radius is actually really large for an effect as strong as this (ie. instant cast reveal on 9s CD). However a radius of 130 (melee range) makes it so that it must be utilized with more tact (eg. you KNOW you’re about to get Backstabbed, OR you need to reveal a downed body for your ally to finish his stomp animation).

Sigil of Lethargy

This is honestly really strong and I would prefer for it to not be in the game. Given how little bonus damage you’d get from other sigils now, you can easily get away with 3 or 4 out of 5 people in your comp to play double hydro/lethargy and easily freeze an enemy in place.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

OriOri.8724

@Acandis – Evan said in this thread that the reveal would be around 1/4 sec long. And 240 radius is quite balanced considering the plethora of stealth access.

They also said Sigil of Lethargy wouldn’t be implemented, so no need to worry about that one

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

I know this is a pvp discussion, but I have a question for Anet. Are theese changes going to hit pvE someday? or, alternatively, considering the massive split between pve and pve sigils that will come from this patch, will this open the opportunity for the skill & balance team to make PvE sigils stronger and more impactful without fear of pvp balance?

The skills & balance team can make whatever changes to the PvE sigils they see fit without affecting PvP sigils.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

This just means all direct damage builds now have to take Sigils of Compounding and Punishment. Woohoo, 10% bonus max, realistically probably 3-5%. Feels like power builds are certainly being given a compounding punishment.

The changes seem to support condition builds and engineers, with all the on-swap effects… On-swap sigils are only ideal for builds that want to swap on cooldown, but that’s not the case for the vast majority of builds. You swap weapons when you need a specific skill, not because it’s now available. Most of the classes aren’t built around swapping on cooldown in PvP.

All of these sigils look lackluster, none of which will be satisfying to take. You can’t realistically maximize the benefits of an on-swap sigil, the on-hit sigil effects are terribly weak, and the two passive sigils are the only good options for direct damage builds, and they’re also terribly weak. Where’s all the on-crit sigils? Why is it bad to have sigils which require investing in crit chance?

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Less RNG, Less passives. That’s all I want. Give us more control and the skill cap will go higher.

For sigils, runes, skills. Everything.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The skills & balance team can make whatever changes to the PvE sigils they see fit without affecting PvP sigils.

Thanks for the reply. I asked this because it’s the first time we’ve gotten a massive split.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Paul.2054

You should consider yourself lucky that you have any on hit sigils left, considering they were almost removed entirely. And just because that is a part of thief’s design (hint, it actually isn’t. Otherwise they wouldn’t have a second weapon set) doesn’t mean its good design. I do think the team is trying to nudge people away from camping a single weapon set.

You don’t have to agree with what anet proposes just because they say this is how it will be. These changes changes hurt Thief and Druid quite a bit as they tend to stick to one weapon because that is simply the best way to play. Changing sigils does not change that playstyle it only makes that style of play weaker and only because they chose to do this.

Mostly I think they did that as an oversight because there’s no realistic scenario in which you expect a Thief to use multiple weapon sets effectively and thus you are limited to the use of a mediocre flat damage bonus sigil even though you steal boons and don’t apply many condis or on hit sigils that don’t really do anything useful for thief. Druid can perform adequately enough with a Sigil of Strength and Sigil of Agility but they’re going to lose astral generation and for those uncomfortable with Sigil of Agility they gave no viable useful alternative that a Druid would prefer to use on their staff. Overall the on hit and passive bonus sigils are way too few and far too weak for certain playstyles to effectively have any realistic choice other than something that just doesn’t work.

Druid needs useful on hit options for staff because passive bonuses will never be useful since enhancing staff DPS does nothiung. Thief needs useful one set sigils for D/P or Staff(On Hit or Passive). If they just left a nerfed on hit version of blood it would have been ok for druid but thief needs something that just isn’t available right now. Thief simply can’t make use of either of the passive sigils because they can’t alone meet those requirements because they don’t apply enough condis and actually remove boons for the damage bonus on the other one. None of the other sigils that function with Druid or Thief actually provide anything meaningful.

The main thing is I think they believe Sigil of Frailty is way more useful than it is despite the ramp up time being huge, the fact that you can remove the condi and the fact that the condi can be nullified with resistance. There is similar ramp up time with Sigil of Strength which isn’t a big deal for Druid but is a much bigger deal for Thief who can’t get boon duration and simply doesn’t have the ability to ramp up like that over time based on playstyle. Other than that as I said the passive bonus sigils are extremely weak considering their high end values are the same as Force and Force already was not seen as a viable sigil for PvP because of damage downtime.

Until they address these issues or add alternatives a few classes will run around holding sigils that will realistically provide very small benefits while other classes ESPECIALLY CONDI have all of their strong sigils left mostly intact like Earth/Geomancy/Doom and they got buffs for sigils like Earth, Strength and Frailty where slow attacking builds and non crit builds like Carrion could literally never use. The worst part is every condi build that has expertise just makes such better use of all these condition applying sigils that it’s just sad they gave no real alternative to power classes that will never realistically have outgoing condi duration.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

(edited by Paul.2054)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Geriatrics.5823

Geriatrics.5823

I really want to emphasize my concerns about sustain and power/condition relative strength as pointed out by others in this thread.

As for the rest, though I like the streamlined options across the board, it seems especially lacking to builds that only weapon swap conditionally rather than constantly. Perhaps that is intentional, but it doesn’t exactly excite me to choose between one 2% DPS increase and another when there are unique effects like reveal, boon removal, quickness, etc. available on weapon swap.

(edited by Geriatrics.5823)

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

I pretty much like these changes but it’s hard to see the outcome looking at this in a vacuum. I do believe there needs to be 1-3 more on hit sigils though I’m not sure what they would be. None of these sigils are that interesting for supportbuilds either.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

For Sigil of Revelation, the purpose would be to pull people out of stealth, but not prevent it. Something like a 1/4 second reveal would accomplish that.

This seems like a direct counter to thief sigil. And I frankly don’t understand it. Right now the thief role is a +1, how does this help game balance by adding a thief finder mechanic for all classes?

I applaud the aggressive approach, it’s going to be easier to balance the game with less options out there, but I’m not necessarily enamored with some of them. Which may be the goal but power build options need some revisions.
5% damage seems weak.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Nullification seems…. weak, remove 3 boons instead? Multiple classes put up 2-5 boons at almost any given time, swapping and maybe getting the boon off of your target(stab, resist, prot) doesn’t seem like it will help the sigil to be used.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I actually like these changes, but I still dislike leaving on-hit sigils in the game, they’re just so…… boring….. , having all strong/dynamic effects trigger on swap sounds much more fun and interesting to me.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Posted by: Geriatrics.5823

Geriatrics.5823

Just an observation: I would use one reveal sigil on just about every build even with the options we have today. Its relative utility is kind of insane compared to everything else. I’m glad they’re adding more counterplay to stealth, but I don’t know about an AoE reveal every 9 seconds. Maybe limit it to the 1 closest target so stealth doesn’t become completely unusable in teamfights?

Sigil Proposals

in PvP

Anonymouse.4760

The team has looked over the list of PvP sigils and applied our goals aggressively. We heavily reduced the available options, removed random chance, balanced existing sigils, and added some new options. Let us know what you think!

Passive:
We felt all the existing passive sigils were too niche, or would never be as good as the other effects. However, we felt non-condition damage builds were lacking some viable options, so we added some situational damage increases.

Sigil of Compounding
Deal 1% extra damage per condition on your foe. Maximum 5%.

Sigil of Punishment
Deal 1% extra damage per boon on your foe. Maximum 5%.

Evan, I understand and appreciate the reasoning for removing “rng sigils” like air and fire for example, but you need to provide an alternative that works for classes that are typically not going to swap weapons for an extended period of time in particular like thief.

As has been already said, sigil of punishment and and compounding are really worthless sigils. Force was essentially a 100% better version of these sigils and still wasn’t used, so to have worse versions of force competing with the same condi sigils is just silly.

For example thief, these two sigils do nothing for it, we rarely can apply more than 3 conditions at a time and one of our best trait actually removes boons, so we typically are gaining maybe 5% damage on average from having 2 sigils on. this leaves the on hit sigils which like I said earlier are also worthless for thief.

It’s really important that you buff sigil of punishment and compounding and introduce other damage sigils that work for other classes, I personally would recommend combining force sigil with these two sigils or remove the percentage cap as you rarely would exceed 5% but should not be punished for doing so.

Most importantly, there needs to be sigils that work well for other classes.

For example

sigil of sleight “increases damage dealt from the side or behind by 8%”
which would work nicely for a thief.

sigil of judgement “increase your damage dealt by 3% +1% for every boon you have” ( maximum of 8% )
this would work nicely for revenants

In this way you have control over the damage modifiers you receive, and aren’t at the mercy of whether or not your necro condi bombs a target or if your target is a boon heavy class or not. This promotes more reliable and less RNG gameplay.

Katsumi