Sigils of Air and Fire stealth nerfed

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Interesting. That makes them a lot less useful. Anyone know what the new coefficient is?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I can confirm this. Damage is reduced. Wasn’t mentioned on the patch notes tho.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It was probably a “bug fix” like every other balance/design decision too.

in PvP

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

A test with 30 samples gave coefficients of 0.635 (fire) and 0.823 (air). Previous coefficients were 0.85 and 1.1, so these are very close to a 25% damage reduction. I suspect the true values are probably 0.6375 and 0.825 for the exact 25% reduction.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Prisoner. You are awesome!

Anyway, good change. SHould have been documented though, not being documented speaks volumes about ANETs way of doing things. Sad but true.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It is indeed a good change, but without being mentioned in the patch notes. So if there is an uproar or it does not work out for some reason, Anet can just revert it and claim it was a bug.

That’s their method and that’s that so kittening sad, it’s not even funny.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

It is indeed a good change, but without being mentioned in the patch notes. So if there is an uproar or it does not work out for some reason, Anet can just revert it and claim it was a bug.

That’s their method and that’s that so kittening sad, it’s not even funny.

Or you know, it slipped through their ‘Patch notes process’. Happens every patch too be honest.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

This seems like a really nice change, why so many upset?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Because gw2 players get upset over everything.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

D/D ele even stronger now, I like that. /s

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I like the change, maybe not so much as others because it makes bruisers and other types of tanky DPS type builds less punishable, but aslong as we do not revert to what it was pre patch it’s fine.

However stealth changes should not happen, they let information slide EVERY update. We maybe don’t need to know in depth about tool tip changes. But ANYTHING functional that affects play NEEDS to be mentioned. It is either intentional which just makes A-net look shady. Or this is a legitimate mistake and is just slopy, especially since often we don’t get amended patch notes.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

The fact that is wasn’t documented means they could “fix it” since they still left out bugs from last patch. You can’t be sure it’s intended at least that’s what I’m not liking about it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Prisoner. You are awesome!

Anyway, good change. SHould have been documented though, not being documented speaks volumes about ANETs way of doing things. Sad but true.

It’s more likely that Anet just has very poor communication / organization like many companies.

in PvP

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

So the sigils were bugged before for some classes at least (perhaps all, but I didnt test the other). For example, it was hitting much harder on #1 skills for ele’s but about 25% lower on other abilities.

Perhaps they ‘fixed’ that bug in the wrong direction?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

If it has indeed happened, then this is a good change. People have talked about these 2 being the dumbest thing ever since a long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

idk why this sigil are still in PvP, there is nothing skill play in this. How many fight these sigil were the first damage source of my opponent? too many
There are already passive proc everywhere, i suppose this is not enough we need sigil and runes with it too.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

It would be a good change if d/d ele did not have so much sustain. It requires a strong burst to down a d/d ele, so in general, this is a significant buff to that class.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

If this is intended, that’s fine. But they need to tone down other sigils too.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Someone wiz in your cheerios this morning? So anything that does damage that is available to everyone potentially that gets nerfed is an indirect buff to D/D eles? This is why these forums are useless.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Sounds like a lot of you are big fans of a bunker meta. I am not. I like the idea that there are high burst classes who also die easily, as well as bunkers who can sustain. It is a good balance right now with the exception of dd ele and certain mesmer specs.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Sounds like a lot of you are big fans of a bunker meta. I am not. I like the idea that there are high burst classes who also die easily, as well as bunkers who can sustain. It is a good balance right now with the exception of dd ele and certain mesmer specs.

If you think a 25% reduction in two sigils is going to usher in some kind of era of bunker dominance all I am going to say is do the math. I can’t even imagine what the damage reduction on average would be. I have to imagine it’s a couple percentage points at most. Not to dismiss because it because it is in fact siginicant extra free damage from those sigils and a lot of it will still be there. But in general auto attacks and there critting is the vast majority of everyone’s damage along with stuff like burning. In this current meta everyone dies easily except for a couple of broken builds. To say we need to keep fire and air sigils broken because of broken builds I will never agree to that line of thinking. Fixing something is always a poistive.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Let the ‘high burst’ come from skill, not randomness please.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I like how people complain about air and fire , but dont complain about leeching, geomancy , doom, energy … All of the sigils used are passive bullkitten not just air/fire and provide no active gameplay outside of swapping a weapon or gearing for crit chance. The whole concept is just stupid , the only thing it does it open up a little bit of build diversity, build diversity which should already be core to the game and not have to use OP sigils for anet’s horrible lack of build diversity in the 1st place.

Glad they were stealth nerfed, this passive garbage is just silly and carried way too many classes mainly thief.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

People complain about geo/doom ecc.

Geo for example should have 2 bleed stacks instead of 3. It has really too much impact in a condi build.

Btw i think this is a good nerf (if it’s not a bug) but Anet should do something for Ele and burning in the same way or we have too much imbalance.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This would be the best change in a while. They need to nerf burning too though

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

I like how people complain about air and fire , but dont complain about leeching, geomancy , doom, energy … All of the sigils used are passive bullkitten not just air/fire and provide no active gameplay outside of swapping a weapon or gearing for crit chance. The whole concept is just stupid , the only thing it does it open up a little bit of build diversity, build diversity which should already be core to the game and not have to use OP sigils for anet’s horrible lack of build diversity in the 1st place.

Glad they were stealth nerfed, this passive garbage is just silly and carried way too many classes mainly thief.

Leeching and Doom have plenty of counterplay. You see the buff icon appear when your opponent swaps weapons, and if you dodge his next attack then the effect is wasted.

Energy has counterplay, too. You already count your opponent’s dodges. Just add +1 when he swaps to the weaponset w/ energy and play around that.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

A test with 30 samples gave coefficients of 0.635 (fire) and 0.823 (air). Previous coefficients were 0.85 and 1.1, so these are very close to a 25% damage reduction. I suspect the true values are probably 0.6375 and 0.825 for the exact 25% reduction.

Thanks for conducted this test. My engineer will have to re-explore his sigils. I believe this pushes 5% damage ahead in sustain for pvp. Although, I always found that sigil boring. I did notice my sd engineer was having more trouble bursting Mesmers yesterday.. I hope I can find a way to make zerker engineer work.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Awesome change, too bad it took so long.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Is the base dmg still the same?

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Is the base dmg still the same?

These is no such thing as “base damage” because of how the damage formula is. The only “base damage” is the damage it comes out with with base power which is 1000. By this notion no the “base damage” is now lower because the coefficient is lower.

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

Leeching and Doom have plenty of counterplay. You see the buff icon appear when your opponent swaps weapons, and if you dodge his next attack then the effect is wasted.

Energy has counterplay, too. You already count your opponent’s dodges. Just add +1 when he swaps to the weaponset w/ energy and play around that.

Crits have counterplay too, just go ele and run stone heart and swap to earth attunement. Does that change how passive these sigils are? No , it doesn’t.

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Crits have counterplay too, just go ele and run stone heart and swap to earth attunement. Does that change how passive these sigils are? No , it doesn’t.

can’t see how pressing a weapon swap button to proc a skill is more passive than pressing a button to use a skill.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

“cries have counter play too, run 1 trait in the whole game”, no credibility…

On Crit sigils can’t be wasted by evades like swap sigils can, they just lay dormant until triggered which instantly makes them more reliable. Secondly, they can be triggered infinite amount of times per swap, yet another significant benefit.

To be fair, technically, swap sigils shouldn’t lose their charge when they hit someone that blocks/evades/blinds it if they wanted to be true to their Crit counterparts.

can’t see how pressing a weapon swap button to proc a skill is more passive than pressing a button to use a skill.

Doom and Leeching require a swap → landed hit.

Crit sigils can proc off auto attacks.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

@ronpierce- i was making the comparison between weapon swapping to proc, say leeching and using using a skill, ah let’s go with ‘Throw Axe’. my point is both of these seem to take the same amount of effort, so on swap sigils are not ‘passive’ as the person i was replying to claimed.

air/fire/strength, and other on crit sigils are of course passive.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

bye bye S/D thief burst. bye bye gw2. d/p loser teef reigns supreme

wonder if i can refund the hot pre order that i made. is it possible? given i cashed in on some gems by now

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

It was a good change, stop rewarding passive play as much as it already is. This goes also with the same logic that eles need to be nerfed. Please, passive burning carry is just as bad.

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Yeah, I used to run one or both build dependant… They needed to not be a go to option.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Good change, but… Power Ranger doesn’t need nerfs…

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

If this is true, stealth nerf or unintended change?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If this is true, stealth nerf or unintended change?

Or just forgot to be put in the notes. If anyone noticed, they DID make a point to share that they changed Sigil of Doom, so there was some intention to mess with sigils a bit.

Alas, i think we’d all like to know if its intended or not. I hope it is….

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Good shave and it’s not so bad even if they keep it like this.

Game would be perfect if they shaved burning from all classes though.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

It’s not just stealth. Really kinda makes these almost seem weak now.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

It’s not just stealth. Really kinda makes these almost seem weak now.

‘Stealth nerf’ means nerf without telling anyone.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Ah, my mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Someone wiz in your cheerios this morning? So anything that does damage that is available to everyone potentially that gets nerfed is an indirect buff to D/D eles? This is why these forums are useless.

Ele don’t use fire+air on weapon sets, but thieves and other bursty classes do, and those extra damage procs is what helps bring down a cele ele… So yes, Indirect buff.

The thinking is a little outside the box but you can see some logic to it.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I hope someone come out and confirm it is not a bug.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Either way this happened 18 months too late. Doubt anyone will return due to this change, as good as it is. This really is 18 months too late

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Return, return…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Ele don’t use fire+air on weapon sets, but thieves and other bursty classes do, and those extra damage procs is what helps bring down a cele ele… So yes, Indirect buff.

The thinking is a little outside the box but you can see some logic to it.

yep, now the nerfs to the burst classes need to be reverted, this is bullkitten. We are heading back to the previous meta that allow classes to have high survival + sustain again, not fun.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

because a nerf to zerkers like power rangers, wars and thieves is exactly what is needed in this condi meta with invisible mesmers and unkillable eles.

yeah, they got your memo guys, just several metas too late.

i guess if i wanna deal damage this patch i’ll log on my burn guard like everyone else…