Silverwastes Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the silverwastes track. There is none for shoulders — does that mean the reward for this track will change according to the LS? I.e. in 2 weeks the reward will be a helmet (or whatever?) Or will they eventually add one track for each piece? The name of the track is so ambiguous…. right now its non-repeatable, correct?

Thanks for any clarification.

in PvP

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I am as confused as you are, and wrote this in another thread:

• “Maguuma Wastes” PvP track, whose drops are Dry Top specific, and which should probably be called “Dry Top” – OR incorporate Silverwastes rewards
  • “Silverwastes” PvP track, whose drops are Silverwastes specific, but the end chest is a glove box and NOT a shoulder box (according to the description anyway) so I think we won’t have the choice of other armor skins in later chapters either

The inconsistency of this really bothers me (my OCD, it hurts) – and the only logical explanation I can think of is that they just implement whatever seems to make sense at the time, without planning ahead even a couple of weeks. (The new “sorting” of the achievements is another example of this.) I’m not saying that’s what it is, but judging by the inconsistent outcome it certainly looks that way.

Both Dry Top and Siverwstes are part of the Maguuma Wastes…

It also bothers me that the Skritt Burglar turns characters into llamas in Dry Top, but into chicken in The Silverwastes (like the Silverwastes are part of Kryta!)

Anyway, I share your confusion and would love some insights.

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I found this in another thread:

Silverwastes is also in the Maguuma region, so I hope we go back and update the reward track with the new rewards like bandit crests, keys, and shovels.

in PvP

Tigerlily.3765

pixel – I think that Lesh comment was prior to adding the current silverwastes reward track.

I want to know primarily if I start the glove track and get half finished before the new LS hits, they’re not going to change the final reward on me. It seems unlikely, but right now having a track for the gloves (but not the shoulders) and naming it “silver wastes” is ambiguous.

It would be better if there was a non-repeatable track for each of the pieces IMO. Even better if there was one non-repeatable for carapace which unlocks a second track to get the luminous version.

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Oh. Well, yeah – I would be perfectly ok with a reward track called “Carapace Reward Track” that allowed you to access all the available skins – you could run it 18 times if you wanted. You would still have to PvE for all the other collection parts.

They could add more choices into the end chest over the course of the next week, no problem.

in PvP

Tigerlily.3765

pixel – I agree.. it doesn’t seem like the track was very well thought out. May have been better to release at the end of the LS season or something. I don’t know. I guess I’ll avoid it for now until the next patch comes and I see what that do with it, since no one is interested in answering // knows the answer to my question!

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

At first I wasn’t even aware that the reward track is non-repeatable. Now the naming confuses me even more.