Skull Grinder.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Let’s talk about the skill that is carrying all the warrior meta-builds, both condi and power.

Right now this skill provides:

• Good base power damage;
  • Blind (5 sec);
  • 4 stacks of Bleeding;
  • 4 stacks of Confusion;
  • Cripple (8 sec);
  • Daze (1 sec);
  • Blast finisher;
  • 300 range (basically, a small leap. Eviscerate has the same range but is a leap finisher.);
  • Spammable every 5 seconds.

Is possible to have all these things in a single skill?
Anet nerfed the #5 revenant staff skill because of his damage-evade-cc triple effect, which is perfect. So why this skill remains untouched?

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

its the warriors version of a " condibomb"
other classes have this as well
not defending it, it does seem a bit too much..

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Sigh yes it is to much. I would like to have a 2s stun instead of all the condies and the daze and a leap. A 300 leap with good damage and a stun is fitting the weapon and good enough.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Daze is half second, but yes, the skill does far too much for one skill. It’s also spammable every 2.5 seconds actually, with a trait.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Let’s talk about the skill that is carrying all the warrior meta-builds, both condi and power.

Right now this skill provides:

• Good base power damage;
  • Blind (5 sec);
  • 4 stacks of Bleeding;
  • 4 stacks of Confusion;
  • Cripple (8 sec);
  • Daze (1 sec);
  • Blast finisher;
  • 300 range (basically, a small leap. Eviscerate has the same range but is a leap finisher.);
  • Spammable every 5 seconds.

Is possible to have all these things in a single skill?
Anet nerfed the #5 revenant staff skill because of his damage-evade-cc triple effect, which is perfect. So why this skill remains untouched?

Seriously? Oh my kitten! I need to try that out!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

its the warriors version of a " condibomb"
other classes have this as well
not defending it, it does seem a bit too much..

The difference is that condi bombing on other classes requires activating multiple skills in conjunction. Skull grinder is a 1-button condi bomb.

I don’t even understand why skullgrinder is a condi bomb either. Outside of SG mace is a defensive power weapon, but for some reason Anet decided it needed a super condibomb on the berserk f1.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

That BS makes Mallyx Revenants cry because of their buggy Mace they instead have.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Sigh yes it is to much. I would like to have a 2s stun instead of all the condies and the daze and a leap. A 300 leap with good damage and a stun is fitting the weapon and good enough.

Yes that is what warriors need: another long hard cc.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I love skull grinder. I get hit with it and Warrior is all like “how does that feel?”

I transfer back like “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Then he like “pft, I have resistance.”

Then I’m like, “Resistance? Don’t you mean chill and bleeding?”

Then he’s like, “That’s ok, I have more resistance.”

Then I feel bad for him cause I don’t think he understands how this is about to go down. Lol.

In all seriousness though, yeah it is a bit over the top to be doing all that in just one hit. Was a poor way to give Warriors a condi build.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

9 comments in… no white knights, wha is happeninginging!!!

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Oh, sorry. Ahem, SKULL GRINDER IS PERFECTLY FINE, YOU NOOBS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY!!!! #GITGUD.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

+1, nothing to add here xD

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

…they have all had their skulls ground to bits.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Watching a thread complain about a non-issue.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Watching a thread complain about a non-issue.

Basically this. Only reason mace is being used is because of the skill being complained about, the rest of the weapon is pretty lackluster.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Basically this. Only reason mace is being used is because of the skill being complained about, the rest of the weapon is pretty lackluster.

Except the block, and the instant daze.

The only thing “lackluster” about mace is the auto.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Sykper.6583

It has a block that forcibly counters if hit in melee range, and a minor CC, which help the Warrior float around trying to get their telegraphed 300 range grinder off. If it helps, try not being in a close proximity to a Berserking Warrior, though you could work it down slowly while kiting so that while it is out-of-Berserk you have less health to blow up.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

The skill is ok.

The animation is nice, its reliable and not ewww clunky for warrior, you can counterplay dodge it.

Now what doesnt have counterplay?
- passive stability preventing a well timed mid leap instant fear
- resistance cough cough
- the sustain warrs expecting you to dodge 7x of those before hot builds start runing low on gas

Maybe the power+reflect component as the hbrid condi weapon is even meta on a zerker amulet build.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

you mean the block that is insanely short? 1 word. cc break. lets get real. the only reason warrior isnt in ESL is because its a noob stomper. everything it does is easily telegraphed and can be dodged everytime. if you lose to warrior constantly. please just get good. stop blaming everything else for your own shortcomings.if you dont like endure pain kite it or use condis. you dont like 20 seconds of resistance? corrupt it or kite it. or better yet apply so much condi while hes using it that when its down he insta dies. i do it all the time to counter other warriors who dont understand resistance isnt a cleanse. warriors post hot were pretty bad before they beefed up their sustain.

im bad at sarcasm

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

It has a block that forcibly counters if hit in melee range, and a minor CC, which help the Warrior float around trying to get their telegraphed 300 range grinder off. If it helps, try not being in a close proximity to a Berserking Warrior, though you could work it down slowly while kiting so that while it is out-of-Berserk you have less health to blow up.

Technically not even only in melee range. It literally only blocks one attack, so one hit from range will stop the block (can’t remember if it will still counterattack or not), unlike other melee counter blocks (ranger greatsword 4, old daredevil block utility etc.).

In regards to the person you are replying to, I personally only use the term “instant” for things that you can cast and have it take effect immediately allowing you to continue other actions; such skills often work while disabled (like staff 2 on mesmer, smite condition utility on guard etc.) Pommel Bash, while not having a cast time associated with it, is still something that has an animation, and can be avoided, but its effect is fairly minimal anyways (melee range short daze).

Yes, the skill Skullgrinder is overbudgeted, is it a significant problem right now? Not really, considering that its usage is locked behind Berserker stance activation and being on the Mace Main Hand weapon.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Daze is half second, but yes, the skill does far too much for one skill. It’s also spammable every 2.5 seconds actually, with a trait.

Do you people stand still ? Do you people not have dodge or blocks,or teleports,or leaps ? IF you get eaten every 2.5 sec by this youre playing Horribly wrong.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

@ alemfi
If it’s not a significant problem, let’s give a skill that grants 6 different things pressing one button to every class, and we will see how it goes LOL.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Other than complete avoidance (lol) perhaps bring a friend to constantly cleanse you in a two versus one scenario, cos team game.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Skull Grinder.

in PvP

Sykper.6583

@alemfi

Fair point, but the Mace block has an interesting interaction with the Shield Mastery where ranged projectiles get ‘reflected’ for its duration without triggering the counterblow. This changes if they do a projectile in close range, but I wanted to make this known as it is an extra flair to the skill in question. That’s why I said it could ‘block’ in melee but that was a mistaken explanation.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”