Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Please make it more difficult to insta kill people at the hammer. With the way it currently is, the team with the best player at the hammer wins.

I know this has been posted a hundred times or more by now.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Get stability or go cheesemode.

I have a character, as many do, JUST for this abomination of a map.

They are not going to change it, regrettably. Easiest, and best change, would be to wall off the map so that you can only get insta-gibbed over a broken pane of glass.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

Skyhammer

in PvP

someone.7485

It is not the inst-gibb that bothers me so much as the game can be won by having one really good player on the hammer.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The map is horrible. It needs way more fixes than just the hammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

someone.7485

Just fixing the hammer would satisfy me for now.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Remove from soloq pls
ty

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Remove from soloq pls
ty

+1

played my usual 10 games today, 7 were skyhammer.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The fact that this map is still in the soloq shows:

- They have nfc what their target group wants
- They dont react when they get a lot of negative feedback
- They dont want my money (since i whont spend a dime in the cashshop untill its gone).

Its a bit like going to a restaurant. Sending the main course back to the chef with the message its raw or overcooked (and hearing similar complaints from a lot of other customers sitting close to you). And getting a reply “well eventho we heard it before we arent sure yet. Just eat your food or gtfo.”.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I praise Jedsus, Grouch, Zammaros or whomever that I did not get Skyham today. (~10 soloQs played.)

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

There’s one fix to this map:
Remove it from solo queue rotation!

That’s the only fix.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

There’s one fix to this map:
Remove it from solo queue rotation!

That’s the only fix.

While I too hate this map, and if for some horrible reason I accidentally soloq and get this by mistake, I just log out.

BUT, the current in-game solution is to just not soloq. Just run teamq (even without a team). The matches are generally better, and to be honest, there are so few real teams, you don’t have to worry about going up against a well-run premade. Put another way, the amount of times that you fight a decent pre-made is far fewer than the amount of times you get this complete failure of a map. (far far far fewer….)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Had a game a minute ago vs 3 skyhammer engis. So much fun, getting pulled from stealth. Even when i have my finger on the stunn break trigger, it whont be in time to avoid the pull. If the engi times it correctly there is no way to avoid it besides pre stab ing or randomly dodging at the right time.

Great f ing game.

Its no wonder pvp in this game struggles. Devs create something that is the direct opposite of what the target group wants. They dont seem to understand us….

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Skyhammer, more than anything, is destroying soloQ.

Most people either teamQ because, beyond the stupid specs and gameplay sillyness, skyhammer leads to more people just quitting or afking. Thus, when you have a 5v5 its not very fun b/c its a bad version of super-smash bros. When you have a 4v5 its even worse, and those 4v5’s happen more often on hammer than anywhere.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Quality gameplay moment inc: http://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/c/3826867

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like skyhammer. It’s my second favourite map after temple. It requires more skill than just standing on large mid point or zerging lord in the end or whatever. Also, there are many boon removals available so I don’t see why stability would be an issue.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Locuz.2651

I like skyhammer. It’s my second favourite map after temple. It requires more skill than just standing on large mid point or zerging lord in the end or whatever. Also, there are many boon removals available so I don’t see why stability would be an issue.

Just stealth up and magnetpull from stealth. They whont have time to press their stab. So no need to strip stab.

So much skill! (see my clip for a fine example)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

All skyhammer needs is a cheese engi build and 0 skill.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I agree. It offers different kinds of gameplay than other maps, where it’s really not fun facing condition bunkers camping shrines over and over.

In skyhammer at least, you can still win whatever team compositions are( or let’s say have more chances). On foefire, you hardly beat 2 warriors and 2 engineers with 2 thieves and 2 mesmers..

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Skyhammer is the sole reason I avoid SoloQ like the plague.

But here we are again ,complaining about the same thing we have complained about for well over half a year now.

But somehow, ANet still convinces themselves that people want this map in SoloQ. It really boggles my mind how out of touch they are with the game.