So how do you deal with Mesmers now? o.o

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

PU Boring and cheesy to play against, similar to shadow arts thief. Stealth and oneshot with little to no counterplay. Will probably need to be nerfed to at least 50% or something. Personally i would replace it with a more fun trait.

And just how does a PU mesmer one-shot somebody?? With what?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

PU Boring and cheesy to play against, similar to shadow arts thief. Stealth and oneshot with little to no counterplay. Will probably need to be nerfed to at least 50% or something. Personally i would replace it with a more fun trait.

And just how does a PU mesmer one-shot somebody?? With what?

PU is now a viable trait for shatter Mesmer since we no longer need to spec into Illusions and stats aren’t affected by traitlines. Combined with a new shatter trait that increases the burst damage by 15-30% stealth shatterbursts are brutal

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Dodging shatters is also harder now because for some reason, they changed the way the shatters move towards you so even if you dodge through them, there’s no guarantee that they’ll blow up. I literally have to dodge twice to evade a shatter not counting the 5s cooldown stuns I’m trying to dodge as well.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

Mesmer is a new class apparently.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I’ve had no issues dodging shatters since the patch. #PlayerSkillIssues

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

If they go into Inspiration, they don’t have enough damage to kill a Cele DD Ele. It’s a close match up even if they go full offensive.

They can already take domination and dueling which are basically the power dps lines.

They used to be limited by the fact that they needed 6 into illusions for persona, elasticity and 30% shatter cooldown.
Now they get 15% of shatter cooldown as base and the other traits as baseline.

Add to all this the option to trait full inspiration for sustain and the overpowered gamebreaking powerblock which makes them rather problematic to deal with.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

If they go into Inspiration, they don’t have enough damage to kill a Cele DD Ele. It’s a close match up even if they go full offensive.

They can already take domination and dueling which are basically the power dps lines.

They used to be limited by the fact that they needed 6 into illusions for persona, elasticity and 30% shatter cooldown.

Add to all this the option to trait full inspiration for sustain and the overpowered gamebreaking powerblock which makes them rather problematic to deal with.

Isn’t this true for all classes? Eles can now take fire and air while still keeping water (or probably water+arcana+fire), Thieves can take deadly arts and crit strikes while still having shadow arts.etc

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Its funny how thieves get offended when mesmers say l2p, I remember when threads for thieves are made almost every thief replies l2p. lol

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Isn’t this true for all classes? Eles can now take fire and air while still keeping water (or probably water+arcana+fire), Thieves can take deadly arts and crit strikes while still having shadow arts.etc

Well, Fire doesn’t really offer that much damage and Air lost a ton of important modifiers and also has a bugged Fresh Air :L
Basically, while Eles have always been stuck in Water+Arcana(mostly just for survivability), adding a so-so damage line doesn’t really make it that insane. We didn’t really get very substantial buffs(we didn’t even get the promised Blinding Ashes buff…) either. Condi Ele stacking a billion burns look interesting though.

Mesmer went into damaging lines and now has the option for very powerful survivability lines. There’s a big difference there. Basically, Mesmer already had a very powerful burst, but now they can actually land it and not instantly die if they get caught.

Ele got an extra trait line to play with, but outside of Earth(another mostly-survivability line), they can’t really dish out crazy damage back. Lightning Rod can crit for quite a bit, but you need to land melee-range CCs to make full use of it in the D/D build.

Thieves got some more damage and some extra survivability, but the Shadow’s Embrace nerf(that’s the name, yes?) is actually kinda annoying and the Feline Grace nerf also hurts S/D builds.
Thieves just feel glassier than ever. Shadow Arts only goes so far.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

DD Ele can run Earth, Water, and Arcana. Then you’re tankier than ever.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Thieves got some more damage and some extra survivability, but the Shadow’s Embrace nerf(that’s the name, yes?) is actually kinda annoying and the Feline Grace nerf also hurts S/D builds.

Everyone got a vigor nerf. Thieves got some of that vigor back and new counters in the acro lineup. Anet took away some of the dodging but handed s/d thieves more passive counters. Instead of dodging everything, there are some very forgiving traits in there.

It seems like so many players are still trying to use their old builds without realizing the game has completely changed. Try something new.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Everyone got a vigor nerf. Thieves got some of that vigor back and new counters in the acro lineup. Anet took away some of the dodging but handed s/d thieves more passive counters. Instead of dodging everything, there are some very forgiving traits in there.

It seems like so many players are still trying to use their old builds without realizing the game has completely changed. Try something new.

I don’t think adding passives instead of valuable active effects is a good thing at all. Before, S/D Thief could spam dodges all day. Now, you can have the old Vigor, but without as much application. Currently there’s so much you need to dodge that you can’t be too wasteful. I would be fine with that if a lot of it wasn’t instant-cast or being done from Stealth.

People are trying to see how the old builds fit in. Some got some good buffs(Shatter Mesmer, Condi Engi, etc.) and others feel kinda weak now(Signet Ele, for example, lost a TON of Protection, Swiftness, and Fury).
Gotta see how the old stuff fares before trying out the new.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Eles are still stuck with water+arcana as pretty much mandatory. If they trait earth they will deal 0 dps so they are forced to either fire or air. And since air kinda sucks right now, the general consensus is fire water arcana for celestial builds at least.

It’s not the same for mesmer as other classes. Every class got a free trait line but mesmers got basically 2.
First the extra one all classes got and the second one because there is no need to trait illusions anymore.

It’s like if thieves got sleight of hand, bountiful theft and thrill of the crime as class mechanics. Or eles got evasive arcana, elemental attunement and whatever vigor on crit is called as baseline. See the problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I’m trying to understand these topics on mesmer. When I first saw the new stuff I thought mesmers would be super strong against slower classes. Then after I saw thief I thought, “kitten anet really wants to keep thief a hard counter for mes”. Has anyone tried using acro on thief? The main mesmer build being complained about and nerfed uses daze to gain stun and immobilize. Did no one else notice the acrobatics thief line is literally built to counter this?

s/d; d/d thief here. I tried full dps thief build (no acro) and one with acro, while acro has some really nice traits which should help vs mesmer, with the current super dmg everyone dishes out, I didn’t find acro that useful (in comparison to extra dps). If screw up once and I go 100-0. Blinds are really nice vs dagger offhand thief too.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in PvP

Posted by: Ays.3265

Ays.3265

Really I see the same people complaining about mesmer still since patch are either just bad players, or haven’t been playing enough to realize there are now several viable builds to beat the mesmer.. It is really annoying being beaten by good players of almost every other class in game and then coming on here to read so many whiners complaining that they can’t counter the mesmer. OP says he plays ele, a good ele has such a good chance against mesmers. Not sure why a couple of the top tier mesmer players are so adamently crying for nerfs, maybe because now that mesmer is a viable class for people without some sort of autistic attunement to the class, they aren’t getting all that attention and kitten kissing from the player base. Point is, you should just hop in the game and play and you will see that the new mesmer is actually being countered quite a bit now because some players actually adapted. Sure mesmer is now countering classes it wasn’t before, but it is now countered by other classes it used to destroy. Adapt people.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

A zerker mesmer will always be a prey for a zerker thief of equal or superior skills, simply because the thief has the mechanics (stealth) to counter mesmer.
Yes we have more stealth thanks to PU and all, we can’t, however, spam it like thieves can. Our duration are longer, the CD are too.
No cele ele of equal or superior skills will get bursted down in one rotation
the sustain of a cele ele simply won’t let it happen and if it’s not locked out of water it will heal itself at least back to 50%

in PvP

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

Mesmers are strong but if you know their general rotation and when to dodge they’re pretty straightforward on what to do to deal with it

Eles are still stuck with water+arcana as pretty much mandatory. If they trait earth they will deal 0 dps so they are forced to either fire or air. And since air kinda sucks right now, the general consensus is fire water arcana for celestial builds at least.

It’s not the same for mesmer as other classes. Every class got a free trait line but mesmers got basically 2.
First the extra one all classes got and the second one because there is no need to trait illusions anymore.

It’s like if thieves got sleight of hand, bountiful theft and thrill of the crime as class mechanics. Or eles got evasive arcana, elemental attunement and whatever vigor on crit is called as baseline. See the problem?

Off Topic in reply to the quote above

Arcana is a useless line and ill probably get shot down for saying that

Evasive arcana is a crutch trait and you are taking it for 1 decent trait in Evasive or elem Attunement

You could argue that Evasive helps with might stacking which it does, but if you take fire and then the trait where you have 1might stack avery single time you cast a skill in fire then it isnt a problem and can keep 25 might up pretty easy, while gaining a lot of other useful traits such as 10% dps incrase -33% cd reduction to fire and an auto condi clear on 3 condi’s +

Then you could say that you need the fury from attune switch, if you play D/D you take the Auras give Fury + swiftness for 5s, and then take either tempest for that extra fury stacking or just take Aeromancers training for that extra dps while in Air with BTH or FA.

And with those two lines only you have increased dps and kept might stacking up by dropping arcana. But you can keep survivability through either the earth or Water lines, water being better for team aura share. You could even drop either Fire or air for Earth and then do some prot spamming.

Ele’s need to drop the idea that Arcana is 100% needed all the time post patch

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

(edited by lightson.2310)

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

I’ve noticed alot of stuns flying around, and cc… It’s the indicator that a whole world of burst is coming your way.

Mesmers tend to have a few more stuns up their sleeves with certain traits…

I’ve started taking all my offensive stats from amulet and gone for runes of melandru.

Ontop, I’m an engi so mecha legs adds to it and I get protection on cc too so I’m finding some nice synergys.

Reduced stun duration seemed to help alot yesterday. Gonna see if it’s consistent tonight.

(edited by Peutrifectus.4830)

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Mesmers are strong but if you know their general rotation and when to dodge they’re pretty straightforward on what to do to deal with it

Off Topic in reply to the quote above

Arcana is a useless line and ill probably get shot down for saying that

Evasive arcana is a crutch trait and you are taking it for 1 decent trait in Evasive or elem Attunement

You could argue that Evasive helps with might stacking which it does, but if you take fire and then the trait where you have 1might stack avery single time you cast a skill in fire then it isnt a problem and can keep 25 might up pretty easy, while gaining a lot of other useful traits such as 10% dps incrase -33% cd reduction to fire and an auto condi clear on 3 condi’s +

Then you could say that you need the fury from attune switch, if you play D/D you take the Auras give Fury + swiftness for 5s, and then take either tempest for that extra fury stacking or just take Aeromancers training for that extra dps while in Air with BTH or FA.

And with those two lines only you have increased dps and kept might stacking up by dropping arcana. But you can keep survivability through either the earth or Water lines, water being better for team aura share. You could even drop either Fire or air for Earth and then do some prot spamming.

Ele’s need to drop the idea that Arcana is 100% needed all the time post patch

To keep on the off topic thing, I wanted to try a Fire/Earth/Water ele just to see how it goes
The sustain from earth should, IMO, resolve the issue brought by Elem Attun and Evasive Arcana, whereas I never noticed a difference in the vigor nerf with energy sigil, I think I’ll drop the line altogether and see how it goes