So is NightBlue playing GW2?

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Unless you know him in real life you have nothing to base an opinion on whether he is a nice guy or a raving axe murderer, as either could be the person doing a shiny stream of himself playing and being watched by ‘fans’..I guess when we grew up we had sporting or other heroes we would watch, nowadays some people watch people doing virtual things, c’est la vie.

Whether he was enticed in some way to play for a while will never be discovered, rather like whether certain reviewers of products on U-tube are ‘paid’ to give favourable reviews, etc but claim to be completely independent.

If you enjoy watching someone else play then good luck to you. If it influences your decision as to whether to take up a game, then it’s like any other form of advertising.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Some people here need a crash course in marketing.

Twitch receives 45 million + viewers PER MONTH.

That is more than Hulu, more than Netflix, and more than any single TV network could ever hope to achieve.

That makes it a massive audience for marketers, and furthermore its an audience that they can’t access anywhere else. The demographic who watch twitch don’t typically watch a lot of TV, or consume mainstream media.

That makes it a massive, untapped resource as far as ANET is concerned.

They should be all over this. This guy mentioning them is a BIG DEAL.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Some people here need a crash course in marketing.

Twitch receives 45 million + viewers PER MONTH.

That is more than Hulu, more than Netflix, and more than any single TV network could ever hope to achieve.

That makes it a massive audience for marketers, and furthermore its an audience that they can’t access anywhere else. The demographic who watch twitch don’t typically watch a lot of TV, or consume mainstream media.

That makes it a massive, untapped resource as far as ANET is concerned.

They should be all over this. This guy mentioning them is a BIG DEAL.

i agree with your point, but I thought I’d point out that a HUGE portion of twitch viewers are asian or hispanic. NA and EU are actually the minority of twitch viewers. SO the numbers aren’t quite as big as it would seem but they are still big and worth paying attention to.

oh and completely irrelevant but netflix has over 50 million subscribers FYI

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

I don’t care. Don’t care if PVP interest in this game dies out 100%. Pretty sure it’s not PVP players that’s keeping the gem store up and running thus keeping the lights on.

And where’d you get this information, pretty sure you just pulled it out your kitten .

in PvP

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Really don’t understand all the negativity and hate being spewed in this topic. I never understand why people get bothered when their game gets more publicity. It’s also funny when people act like any game community is some kumbaya fest where everyone gets along. This is the internet. This is online gaming. Where people hidden behind anonymity can and will act like jerks no matter what game they are playing.

The reasoning to be against popular people publicizing a game because it may make a community toxic is absurd. Every gaming community is toxic to some degree. This game isn’t the exception.

No one is telling you to go watch these streamers but don’t act like they are nobodies just because YOU never heard of them. Don’t act like their publicity is bad just because GW2 is your main game. You should be happy that new people are finding out about this great game regardless of how they found out.

The negativity is mostly fueled by OP who has been starting various threads on similar topics as a rather threadbare vehicle to advocate WoW game dynamics and systems (e.g. trinity) in here.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Any increased exposure of GW2 is good exposure. These people do have a lot of followers and are way more likely to play a game that their Twitch heroes are playing. If you don’t like Twitch, or the Twitch heroes, then simply don’t watch them, it’s really easy. Point is, because of them, more people WILL be playing the game -> more gem sales -> more content and updates -> better PvP and tournies -> better game overall. It’s pretty simple.

I welcome the Twitch heroes.

in PvP

Posted by: Coffaro.9214

Coffaro.9214

I got a feeling. that Sodapoppin will not stick in GW2 for long. I feel sad for the people that donate like 1000g to him though .

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy watching him play gw2, but I dont think he is enjoying the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I got a feeling. that Sodapoppin will not stick in GW2 for long. I feel sad though for the people that donate like 1000g to him.

Dont get me wrong. I enjoy watching him play gw2, but I dont think he is enjoying the game.

You’re probably right. People who are WoW vets typically don’t like this game because the combat is far more streamlined and has many less abilities/buttons to push.

in PvP

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

well at least nightblue isnt a kittenbag like sodapoppin…

Soda is a pretty nice guy, he swear a lot but that is just his personalty, he just did a charity stream last sunday and raised 10k for charity.

only kittenbags do charity streams in my experience. they make up for being bad people by giving back to society, and it makes them not as bad in general, but still unpalatable at a smaller scale.

By your logic I am surprised you aren’t doing charity streams daily.
The saltyness of people in this thread is incomprehensible.

im just not afraid to speak my mind. like… personally im not salty at all, i welcome the increased viewership. exposure is good for the game and good for our queue times. and nightblue is a good guy.

You literally said only kittenbags do charity streams. You could make enough pretzels to feed the entire population of India with the amount of salt coming from your post.

(edited by Graybes.8251)

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

well at least nightblue isnt a kittenbag like sodapoppin…

Soda is a pretty nice guy, he swear a lot but that is just his personalty, he just did a charity stream last sunday and raised 10k for charity.

only kittenbags do charity streams in my experience. they make up for being bad people by giving back to society, and it makes them not as bad in general, but still unpalatable at a smaller scale.

By your logic I am surprised you aren’t doing charity streams daily.
The saltyness of people in this thread is incomprehensible.

im just not afraid to speak my mind. like… personally im not salty at all, i welcome the increased viewership. exposure is good for the game and good for our queue times. and nightblue is a good guy.

You literally said only kittenbags do charity streams. You could make enough pretzels to feed the entire population of India with the amount of salt coming from your post.

do u even know wat salt is bro, i dont think so

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions