So...no pvp changes this patch ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Well that’s disappointing. They could have at least tried to make it more clear that there would be nothing for a couple of months.

Also, I love how they specifically mention pretty important bugs, like Nature Spirit healing for the wrong amount, yet they don’t even have fixes for them in the upcoming patch.

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

People complain about viability of builds however i know Anet cares for its community and will always work toward achieving a better game. Give them time and keep believing.

We already game them more than 15 month. Enough is enough.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Just help elementalists out before then…so so sick of waiting for patches to help us…we waited for the diamond skin patch for so long and it only nerfed us by moving essential traits further down essential traitlines…now we have to wait until april to be playable…?

Can’t we just forget the dumb sigil changes (that nobody asked for!!!) and do some simple balance tweaks? Like reduce the long long LONG cooldown on ride the lightning…?

I might quit pvp entirely until the next “feature patch” since that means there will be no balance changes until the beginning of april….that means we have a 2+ month wait before we get ANY class balance changes. Luckily, I do enjoy me some pve. I’ll be doing pve for a while until I get bored of that.

I’ll check back with pvp in april and see if I can play my ele by then…At least he is good in pve

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

So people complain because Anet shares some info with you so it can be discussed by the community and it was released too early.

OR.

They complain because nothing was discussed and there was no communication.

If I were Josh, I would simply stop posting here. There is no battle he can win. Frankly some of your attitudes are outright ludicrous.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

One dev mentioned that he fixed the bug which prevented rank points from tournament wins to count towards the title.

Why was it not in this patch, huh?

Yep – This is one thing that I thought would definitely be in this update but not even this.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Seriously, a handful of tiny shaves is called a Kneejerk change? pvp could use kneejerk changes, lots of them, just test them out on a public ptr beforehand.

I’m not hopefull for this ‘massive’ alteration in the ominous future tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

One dev mentioned that he fixed the bug which prevented rank points from tournament wins to count towards the title.

Why was it not in this patch, huh?

Good one, they did nothing as always.

Sometimes nothing is better than something. History in GW2-Balance learned us this lesson :P

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Seriously, a handful of tiny shaves is called a Kneejerk change? pvp could use kneejerk changes, lots of them, just test them out on a public ptr beforehand.

This. The only kneejerk changes GW2 ever had was most of the elementalist nerfs (especially double RTL nerf + mistform healing) and the warrior buffs (healing signet + adrenal health) yet suddenly now they only want to shave? Frack that!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

IB4 Grouchasaurus comes in to try and calm the masses with some vague reference to future updates that they’re unsure of and he used to hate hearing when he was a player….

This was eerie. Are you in the air ducts?

Not to be too forward, but was there some reasoning behind “rushing” to do a balance preview before a patch that wasn’t meant to contain the previewed balance changes? Especially with a “no ETA” policy?

I’m just wondering, because it seems like the balance preview could have either waited until next Friday’s (January 31) bi-weekly stream, or somebody could of just come out and said that today was going to be an empty balance patch with a few minor bug fixes.

Was there any sort of reasoning behind it? Scheduling purposes, anything?

I, for one, enjoy the balancing previews. I wouldn’t want for some of those suggestions to go live without further testing. However, there were some things that could have been fixed/implemented this go around. Healing Signet and signet of restoration are two of the things that come to mind. Those are just minor number adjustments.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

did they atleast fix the (no signet passives) bug each time you join a new game?
they said they’d do that for this patch but its not in the notes.
sick of having to reclick all of my signets each time i switch games! (each time the map rotation gets to *suck*hammer), not to mention accidentally clicking the signet sucks even more!

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

im decent i adapt but all is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

There is 0% chance of Wildstar releasing in March

Who says the GW2 patch will launch in march? According to the eurogamer interview they will take a short break after the 4th of march → followed by the feature patch.

If i had to take a guess id say that means they skip one 2 weekly update and time it exactly around the release of teso: the 4th of april. But it could be after that aswell.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

The sad thing is, I actually believed that arenanet changed it’s pvp ways when they started all the forum interaction and the balance preview stream. Alas, nothing has changed, all is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

This. The only kneejerk changes GW2 ever had was most of the elementalist nerfs (especially double RTL nerf + mistform healing) and the warrior buffs (healing signet + adrenal health) yet suddenly now they only want to shave? Frack that!

Exactly what all pvp eles must have thought after reading that comment Sooner or later you have to make up your mind if it’s ever going to happen. I truly feel a bit sorry for pvp eles. I only wvw and I can totally see why they won’t buff us. That they balance professions around pvp has turned out to be a farce.

in PvP

piffdaddy.8014

Exactly. As an elementalist, I feel absolutely betrayed by arena net. The proposed changes to elementalists are laughable and will not do anything to fix all the knee jerk nerfs that my class has suffered. AND, to top it all off, we have to wait another 2 months to get these sub par “buffs” which address nothing besides signet of restoration.(shouldn’t have been nerfed to begin with). Then, after those 2 months, it will be another period of waiting for meaningful changes!!

Screw this, done with pvp for a few months at least. I suggest everyone stop doing any form of ranked pvp (solo queue) to protest this nonsense. Maybe they will see a problem if the 1000 active pvpers stop doing pvp all together and decide to do a balance patch sometime before april…

in PvP

Posted by: Superhoops.8956

Superhoops.8956

Exactly. As an elementalist, I feel absolutely betrayed by arena net. The proposed changes to elementalists are laughable and will not do anything to fix all the knee jerk nerfs that my class has suffered. AND, to top it all off, we have to wait another 2 months to get these sub par “buffs” which address nothing besides signet of restoration.(shouldn’t have been nerfed to begin with). Then, after those 2 months, it will be another period of waiting for meaningful changes!!

Screw this, done with pvp for a few months at least. I suggest everyone stop doing any form of ranked pvp (solo queue) to protest this nonsense. Maybe they will see a problem if the 1000 active pvpers stop doing pvp all together and decide to do a balance patch sometime before april…

“Betrayed” – lol – I mean stuff sucks but a little of an over reaction

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I’d be all for tiny adjustments if they were happening on a frequent basis, but waiting months for tweaks which are making almost no difference is not okay. The balance in pvp is taking away too much of the fun to make it worthwhile. I find myself playing a F2p game more so than GW2 atm which is sad considering I thought GW was going to rock the gaming world before it released

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Honestly it’s not an overreaction. I played a lot of MMOs (GW1, WoW, AOC, WHO, Rift, SWTOR, …) but never, ever, have I seen a class more systematically destroyed than elementalists in pvp.

Nerfing overpowered stuff is fine.
Nerfing fun is not.
Nerfing swiftly and with kneejerk nerfs without any testing at all is not fine.
Nerfing a class HARD in every single patch for more than 6 month is only OK if it the class is still overpowered after all the nerfs.
Letting a class rot after you destroyed it, for more than 6 month, without a single useful buff or nerf-revert, is ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Honestly it’s not an overreaction. I played a lot of MMOs (GW1, WoW, AOC, WHO, Rift, SWTOR, …) but never, ever, have I seen a class more systematically destroyed than elementalists in pvp.

Nerfing fun is not.
Nerfing a class HARD in every single patch for more than 6 month is only OK if it the class is still overpowered after all the nerfs.
Letting a class rot after you destroyed it, for more than 6 month, without a single useful buff or nerf-revert, is ridiculous.

AOC was fun – they still run Servers? I was on Mitra^^
everyone i met in this game heared heavy metal

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Ok I don’t usually post but….I don’t know how long the op has followed the game, but if you have for a while you would realize that big changes, such as class balancing and pvp stuff, are done little by little. It’s their whole philosophy on balancing that they’ve stated from day one. I’m honestly surprised so much has been done already.

Also, you do realized some patches are purely for bug fixing and story content right? This patch is one of those. I’m not sure if the balancing patches even come out monthly. Ostrich-eggs once said in a stream that you all act like a bunch of spoiled children when it comes to this game. He’s right. Stop throwing a tantrum in the store that basically gives you stuff for free.

PvP only
Team GASM

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

did they atleast fix the (no signet passives) bug each time you join a new game?
they said they’d do that for this patch but its not in the notes.
sick of having to reclick all of my signets each time i switch games! (each time the map rotation gets to *suck*hammer), not to mention accidentally clicking the signet sucks even more!

Haven’t been able to test it, although they did say this one would be in the next update (this one). It’s probably just something they missed on the patch notes…

in PvP

Posted by: dustinboettcher.5738

dustinboettcher.5738

The first ‘feature build’ as we’re calling it, won’t go live until the current Living World story arc wraps up.
…..
I’m sure many of you would agree that some of the changes needed additional eyes on them before they hit live. We want the time to go through the feedback and make adjustments, and we’re already doing that.

I’m sorry if we gave you the impression that there would be a balance update today – that was not our intent.

A bummer but the right move. Hopefully the most requested changes will be in the feature update.

It’s not easy to release new content every 2 weeks – they take the time to process the feedback we gave em so let’s wait and see what happens. ..but consider – next time there won’t be any excuses left, as the results will speak for themselves.

One Zero Seven Eight [AE] (Asura only Guild)

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Nerfing fun is not.

AOC was fun – they still run Servers? I was on Mitra^^
everyone i met in this game heared heavy metal

I think it’s still running as free to play yeah. Man pvp balance in that game was ridiculous. I remember my conqueror hitting like a wet noodle for the longest time, then came the patch that upgraded the gem and suddenly I was literally oneshotting every non-tank character in the game.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Ok I don’t usually post but….I don’t know how long the op has followed the game, but if you have for a while you would realize that big changes, such as class balancing and pvp stuff, are done little by little. It’s their whole philosophy on balancing that they’ve stated from day one. I’m honestly surprised so much has been done already.

Also, you do realized some patches are purely for bug fixing and story content right? This patch is one of those. I’m not sure if the balancing patches even come out monthly. Ostrich-eggs once said in a stream that you all act like a bunch of spoiled children when it comes to this game. He’s right. Stop throwing a tantrum in the store that basically gives you stuff for free.

God I hate people like you. First, arenanet did NOT do stuff “little by little” when they overnerfed eles and overbuffed warriors. Second, we do not act as spoiled children. We act as paying customers that actually persist on getting what we payed for.

And just so you know, development companies willfullingly breaking pre-release promises isn’t just childs play. Blizzard for example was in court for the Diablo III debacle and had to pay compensations.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

God I hate people like you. First, arenanet did NOT do stuff “little by little” when they overnerfed eles and overbuffed warriors. Second, we do not act as spoiled children. We act as paying customers that actually persist on getting what we payed for.

And just so you know, development companies willfullingly breaking pre-release promises isn’t just childs play. Blizzard for example was in court for the Diablo III debacle and had to pay compensations.

Lets take it down a notch here shall we.First of all i believe 18 months in for 50 bucks is quite a deal considering the average single/multiplayer game it costs arround the same ammount and it gets played for maybe 150 hours if the game is really good.I believe 5k hours of gw2 it’s worth 50 bucks even if the game is not the perfection of balance so let’s not exagerate too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

Well that’s disappointing. They could have at least tried to make it more clear that there would be nothing for a couple of months.

Also, I love how they specifically mention pretty important bugs, like Nature Spirit healing for the wrong amount, yet they don’t even have fixes for them in the upcoming patch.

I don’t understand how you and so many other people missed the info that the massive balance thing wouldn’t be before at least the LS is concluded. I’ve read/heard it several times and I’m not even fishing for that kind of information all that much.

-Blackgate-

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I don’t understand how you and so many other people missed the info that the massive balance thing wouldn’t be before at least the LS is concluded. I’ve read/heard it several times and I’m not even fishing for that kind of information all that much.

It’s because they said clearly the balance changes (not the sigil changes) will be in the next feature patch. Which was todays patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

Why not go easy on the guy?

He logically assumed he would be able to play his character competitively for longer than 7 months. He invested time, love and possibly money in the gem store. Unless you think he is clearly wrong then what is wrong with him being critical that anet is not striving for excellence?

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I forgot to mention, there are currently ongoing discussions about two major changes that they didn’t discuss on the preview. One was related to the rune set revamp and the changes to Lyssa runes and the cast time (animation) they are adding to signet of spite. At this point, since they are waiting to talk about those two abilities, I would just release the information that I already was able to get.

(edited by Pyriall.5027)

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

It’s because they said clearly the balance changes (not the sigil changes) will be in the next feature patch. Which was todays patch.

I am pretty sure they didn’t.
Could you give a times-tamp where they said that?

Here is a link to the cast: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/3581129

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I sure as hell can’t be kitten d to look at that piece of frack again. I have better things to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Look everyone. Anet really does not have enough staff for the pvp department. thats why is so bad. the pvp in gw2

Thats exactly what people are angry about. In GW1 we had so many game modes(RA, TA, HA, GvG, Aspenwood, Quarry), daily automated tournaments, mat´s, guild halls and a decent ladder system.
Then they promised to bring an extraordinary PvP experience with GW2. But all we got is a PvP system which is quite fine, but everything around it just isnt existing. And instead of developing it any further, they just bring 1 PvE update after another, while doing straight nothing for PvP. And this is just dishonest. We even have to wait months for bugfixes or little balance adjustments, while everything in PvE is fixed asap.

Im playing GW since prophecies release and always thought about A-Net as a visionary company, but nowadays im just disillusioned.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Look everyone. Anet really does not have enough staff for the pvp department. thats why is so bad. the pvp in gw2

Thats exactly what people are angry about. In GW1 we had so many game modes(RA, TA, HA, GvG, Aspenwood, Quarry), daily automated tournaments, mat´s, guild halls and a decent ladder system.
Then they promised to bring an extraordinary PvP experience with GW2. But all we got is a PvP system which is quite fine, but everything around it just isnt existing. And instead of developing it any further, they just bring 1 PvE update after another, while doing straight nothing for PvP. And this is just dishonest. We even have to wait months for bugfixes or little balance adjustments, while everything in PvE is fixed asap.

Im playing GW since prophecies release and always thought about A-Net as a visionary company, but nowadays im just disillusioned.

All the while teasing us with bi-weekly pve updates that clearly state “look we DO have development resources, we just choose not to use them for this silly pvp of yours.”

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

So, grouch, are you REALLY telling us that stuff like setting Armor of Earth cooldown from 90 seconds to 75 seconds is SUCH A HUGE change that there is no way that it can go into a “normal” patch? That such a change really needs 3 month of feedback and testing before it can be released?

Sure the sigil and rune revamp is gonna need testing, but why the frack don’t you release some balance changes, the little ones, the “shaves” as you always like to call them, in a “normal” patch?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The scope of the balance changes going in is massive. Honestly, putting all of the changes we talked about on Friday straight into the game today would have been extremely kneejerk, and I’m sure many of you would agree that some of the changes needed additional eyes on them before they hit live. We want the time to go through the feedback and make adjustments, and we’re already doing that.

OK this is PvE related but since youre the only one talking about the changes……… I hope you’re evaluating the effect of the crit damage change on celestial gear still given it stands to make that gear completely worthless even on the classes suited to using it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

piffdaddy.8014

So, grouch, are you REALLY telling us that stuff like setting Armor of Earth cooldown from 90 seconds to 75 seconds is SUCH A HUGE change that there is no way that it can go into a “normal” patch? That such a change really needs 3 month of feedback and testing before it can be released?

Sure the sigil and rune revamp is gonna need testing, but why the frack don’t you release some balance changes, the little ones, the “shaves” as you always like to call them, in a “normal” patch?

Don’t forget about the 3 seconds of regeneration of scepter water trident skill….totally needs to be tested for 2 months to make sure the 3 seconds worth of regeneration to allies isn’t overpowered…since you can ground target it and all. Don’t want eles to have too much support since their team support build has been dominating the meta….and not spirit rangers….

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

[quote=3528437;Josh Davis.6015:]

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I can’t believe what I am hearing from you. Really after the living word garbage. You guys put all your efforts this year into that silly garbage over pvp updates and improvements. Now your telling me 3 months at least before we see anything new. Well sir I think that is a huge mistake. Sure me and a few others leaving cause we are tired of the same ole same ole isn’t going to close the game down. But listen there are two very good games coming out maybe more. Wildstar and the Skirim or what ever its called come out soon and before your pvp changes and balances are happening. At this point by the time you guys do something with your pvp many of your pvp player will be gone playing one of these games. Maybe your not worried about it but your player base will when its 45 mins for a queue in solo of team tournaments.

When you have 45 mins waits in queue players get board with they get board they troll other player. When they troll other players the grid goes out. When the grid goes out your dad gets punched for a can of soup. don’t let your dad get punched over a can of soup. You guys should do something much sooner. There are some big titles coming out and some good pvp material in other games coming out as well. Would hate to see this game die especially in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

The first ‘feature build’ as we’re calling it, won’t go live until the current Living World story arc wraps up. The next feature build will contain substantial PvP updates, the balance items we talked about on Friday, and hopefully even more things that we aren’t ready to talk about yet.

The scope of the balance changes going in is massive. Honestly, putting all of the changes we talked about on Friday straight into the game today would have been extremely kneejerk, and I’m sure many of you would agree that some of the changes needed additional eyes on them before they hit live. We want the time to go through the feedback and make adjustments, and we’re already doing that.

I’m sorry if we gave you the impression that there would be a balance update today – that was not our intent.

Then why didn’t you preview those changes earlier? 4 months patch shedule is just ridiculous. Stop telling people there will be massive stuff coming if you deliver so little.

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

The first ‘feature build’ as we’re calling it, won’t go live until the current Living World story arc wraps up. The next feature build will contain substantial PvP updates, the balance items we talked about on Friday, and hopefully even more things that we aren’t ready to talk about yet.

“Substantial pvp updates” would that be like all the other substantial updates, such as skyhammer and buffing healing signet?

Why is it with this game I am always waiting for some content patch or some big update that will fix everything. At release we were waiting for “some substantial changes” which resulted in a broken leaderboard system and a spectate mode that by the looks of things took 30 mins to put together and should have been in from the get go. Not to mention it provides very little really. The first two new maps were more of the same, no new mode. Then skyhammer, a completely mental idea that promotes knocking people off the sides or into the holes, or a giant cannon, yeah we need more of them.

As for putting those changes into the game, yeah that would be something strange, for ANet to stand by its promises and actually provide what it said it would at release.

in PvP

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

When does the first living story season finish to know when i log in and start again playing this game ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Grouch ignore them….anyone with half a brain was well aware that ANET’s blog post ages ago specifically stated that there will be a break, then final 4 living story arcs then the big balance and feature loaded patch AFTER those 4 living story updates.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Grouch on december/november: “I don’t want to be that gut, but huge changes are coming soon. We are not ready to talk about them yet, but when the blog post comes out…”

Two months later: “Huge changes are coming after the LS ends in 2-3 months…”

And we’ve been like this since release. I remember when in december 2012 they said: “2013 would be huge, in the first months you will see content worth of an expansion”

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’d love to see massive meta changing balancing each patch actually XD
it’d keep us on our toes, keep the game fresh and changing, it’d pretty much be like the old “flux” mechanic from gw :P
ofcourse these big balance changes would need to be pvp only or the pve’ers would moan that they aren’t the center of attention XD

TL;DR throw the changes in, lets have a riot of fun

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Ele’s changes could come next patch, they are not that crazy and the class has been unplayable for so many months already

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Some changes like the bug fix for spirit healing or the attackspeed for pin down should come with this patch. It is not changing the world if you bring same small changes. Also you could bring small things for Ele so the QQ in this forum stops.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

This game is becoming another replica of the “after WoW” MMO out there..SWTOR-Warhammer-etc etc…
Theyve made a great start, very promising but in the end they failed cause they had bad devs.
They couldnt give ppl what they wanted and other MMOs came out to take most of their community.Soon they became empty games.

Now im pretty sure that this game will end up becoming freetoplay..Its steadily losing population and more important its losing the dedicated population.

Every balance patch since June has been advertisted as “massive”..Well from Rangers view i can tell you that nothing changed..Small changes in traits-skills that didnt helped much..Still the Spirits are the predator build and its this way for over 6 months…Even if we stated so many times how boring it is to play Spirit Ranger, they ignored it and they added another one in healing spot…

Seriously this is the worst work ive ever seen in my whole life, ive seen a lot of ppl being bad at their jobs, but this is madness…

And here we are again literally “begging” for some quality changes..We have been in this place for a long time and we never received any patch worth of dling…

I lost interest, i dont have fun and i dont have a reason to log in and play in the world of Tyria..

So to all of you who believe that the early April patch will be “massive” and finally gonna enjoy playing pvp i have bad news..You are naive

in PvP

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

nerf LB/H wars

10 chars

in PvP

Posted by: skyz.7321

skyz.7321

GW1: balancing team and bug fix team got things done quick, with way more skills to deal with and balance around and test.

GW2: what balance/bug fix teams???? Issues for months/years, without a word.