Solo q NOW is in the worst state ever

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I made a thread some time ago where i said solo q was in the worst state ever.

Well i was wrong.

NOW it’s in the worst state ever, to the point that i don’t even understand why so many horrible players even queue.

Moreover everytime i play, ranked people are like 2/10 ( wut), sometimes totally none.

Has EU really reached NA level ?

I’m getting so discouraged that i may even try to play with a team. OMG.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

As someone who used to queue at the very highest level of solo q on multiple accounts maybe I can speak for some of those people you have seen disappear recently.

1, The solo q meta of thieves, warriors, decap engis and more warriors is very demoralising and when I play I usually just mess around with troll builds.

2, I have more fun solo and duo queueing in team queue, which is 99% of my play time now. I never play in a premade and I rarely solo queue because it is either too much work or just lame (solo q). Duo/trio queue is most fun for casual players like me.

3, There is simply too much cheese in this game which leads to a frustrating experience. So everyone is playing less. I have never seen my friend list so empty as recently. Seems the game is reaching new lows in EU. Thieves and warriors are just so overpowered it is hard to really have fun.

4, I am waiting for the patch to hit. 6 months of dominant thieves and warriors has tired me out with respect to this game. It got old a while ago.

With all that being said, the patch changes look amazing. Warriors are finally being hit. Lyssa nerf should hurt thieves too. Although I expect both to still be too strong, at least the cheese will be reduced a little.

I expect a big boost in fun and players after the patch. I will consider try harding this game in solo q again. Team queue will never be a thing for me as the barrier to entry of requiring a 5 man team (and always need a guard/thief/warrior) is just too large for most people who don’t want to base their life around a video game.

So I would recommend quitting before the patch and then the game should be way more fun and fresh for the first time since dhuumfire patch. The lyssa nerf alone is probably the best thing to happen to this game….ever? Good times lie ahead. Have faith.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

As someone who used to queue at the very highest level of solo q on multiple accounts maybe I can speak for some of those people you have seen disappear recently.

1, The solo q meta of thieves, warriors, decap engis and more warriors is very demoralising and when I play I usually just mess around with troll builds.

2, I have more fun solo and duo queueing in team queue, which is 99% of my play time now. I never play in a premade and I rarely solo queue because it is either too much work or just lame (solo q). Duo/trio queue is most fun for casual players like me.

3, There is simply too much cheese in this game which leads to a frustrating experience. So everyone is playing less. I have never seen my friend list so empty as recently. Seems the game is reaching new lows in EU. Thieves and warriors are just so overpowered it is hard to really have fun.

4, I am waiting for the patch to hit. 6 months of dominant thieves and warriors has tired me out with respect to this game. It got old a while ago.

With all that being said, the patch changes look amazing. Warriors are finally being hit. Lyssa nerf should hurt thieves too. Although I expect both to still be too strong, at least the cheese will be reduced a little.

I expect a big boost in fun and players after the patch. I will consider try harding this game in solo q again. Team queue will never be a thing for me as the barrier to entry of requiring a 5 man team (and always need a guard/thief/warrior) is just too large for most people who don’t want to base their life around a video game.

So I would recommend quitting before the patch and then the game should be way more fun and fresh for the first time since dhuumfire patch. The lyssa nerf alone is probably the best thing to happen to this game….ever? Good times lie ahead. Have faith.

The reason why i play solo q is to fight skilled opponents in order to increase my skill, something i would never be able to achieve in team q ( mostly because i solo q even in team q) due to them playing with their teams, and also due to knowing that i wouldn’t be able to compete with my current “team” because we mostly play for the lulz and never really tryharded.

Now there are no more good players left in solo q, it’s pure desolation.

The outcome is totally random matches where there’s really no way even to carry, because current scrubs are even STUBBORN in their bad decisions ( mostly due to hotjoin habits).

it’s not really only about skilled players leaving, it’s more about people having no idea how conquest and rotations even works: aside the few ones who used to tryhard when this game has been released ( before quitting) and learned the game properly, newer players have no idea how to play correctly even after 50+ ranks.

There’s no new fresh air, no renewal.

This goes beyond the simple " good players leaving": if good players suddenly all left LoL i can assure you a new generation of skilled players would arise in less than a week.

This problem has deeper roots than this.

in PvP

Posted by: napooz.1986

napooz.1986

As bad pvp player I am sorry to join soloQ and ruin the match from better players like you. However I believe even the worse players should have the right to compete for their title. You can’t really expect everyone who joins soloQ is actually good. Personally I hate the hotjoin with constant autobalance, zerging and in general tournaments still generate better fights and challenge for me.

What could these better players then do is to stop kittening and lowering team morale with that and instead give advices to weaker players about how to become better. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Warriors are tough, thieves are tough, decap engies are annoying but I still find it fun because of the challenge.

I play my own proprietary Burst engie and I got to the point where I just didn’t think about it as cheese anymore. If you roll cheese though, my mission is to roll you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

maybe because your rank is low too.
also depends on time, i usually q at afternoon or night, and its decent.

i’ve q’ed alot with OE, even got with supcutie, countless, zoose, 5g, magic toker, a lot of cruuk and ik too, well these known people and good players who i cant remember names.

i think the main reason for people stop playing, its because people want to keep their rank, they keep their rank by not Qing, only q like once in a week.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

People still play solo queue?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Unless solo q has taken a nose dive since Sunday, I can’t report the same problems on EU… Get the odd match having to carry a couple of rank 30s but I like the challenge, matchmaking still feels much better than it was (and has always been on NA!).

Just realised your IGN though OP, you’re polite IG and a solid player, sorry to hear you’ve been dealt some shockers.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

spvp is dead… why you think anet tries everything i nthe patch to make more ppl play…

which will fail totally

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Well i was wrong.

NOW it’s in the worst state ever, to the point that i don’t even understand why so many horrible players even queue.

Moreover everytime i play, ranked people are like 2/10 ( wut), sometimes totally none.

I’ve fallen from ~280 to 95% over this week end

I’ve seen 4 of my teammates stacked on close at start

Players dying to chieftain and svanir with no reason to go for them to start with

Entire teams celebrating starcraft mid point while the buffs are active

Players lost somewhere in the maps, prolly looking for vista

Players asking “lol what do i do” during the starter timer

I had some people standing mid next to me while bunkering asking me why i was the one to stay mid, it’s their turn now

And way too much skyhammer, to the point where it feels like the map is rigged to happen more often than the others.

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

I always check my partys/enemy teams stats to see how matchmaking works.
I can savely say the range of pl getting together can vary from 100-900 even in prime time. There are matches everyone is in the top 200 which are quite enjoyable where everyone knows each other but those are rarer. Mostly you wait around 5min and get a team with rank spread over the whole leaderboard which results in a totally unpredictable outcome in which newcomers and advanced players clash with each other and expect the same experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

(edited by Bart Weird.9671)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Ranked matches should never start as 4v5…. Make players required to accept the match when the que is ready… Other wise the players go back into the que. That will keep the palyers from getting dishonorable debuffs. Then when inside the match each player must hit “I am ready” for the match to start… If not all players hit it someone else from a que is brought in or everyone goes back into the que… not hard.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The reason why i play solo q is to fight skilled opponents in order to increase my skill, something i would never be able to achieve in team q ( mostly because i solo q even in team q) due to them playing with their teams, and also due to knowing that i wouldn’t be able to compete with my current “team” because we mostly play for the lulz and never really tryharded.

The outcome is totally random matches where there’s really no way even to carry, because current scrubs are even STUBBORN in their bad decisions ( mostly due to hotjoin habits).

it’s not really only about skilled players leaving, it’s more about people having no idea how conquest and rotations even works: aside the few ones who used to tryhard when this game has been released ( before quitting) and learned the game properly, newer players have no idea how to play correctly even after 50+ ranks.

This goes beyond the simple " good players leaving": if good players suddenly all left LoL i can assure you a new generation of skilled players would arise in less than a week.

Speaking for EU servers here: I also mostly queue solo in team queue and I hardly ever oppose a full team. It might be 2 players of the same guild, but even that seems to become a rare occasion nowadays.

New players hardly ever listen. This is something not exclusive to pvp (try dungeon/fractal runs with new players – also a rather interesting experience).
I do understand this somehow, as there is no indicator if the person explaining stuff is actually knowing or just talking flat-out nonsense.
(By the way, this is one of the reasons why I think the possibility to view each team members rank at match start would help.)

And often it is not what you say but how you say it which leads to the message recipient not listening.

What I do think would be very helpful is – just as a quick fix of course – to have e.g. ranks 1-20 in a separate bracket for both, solo and team queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The matchmaking system seems to prioritize getting everyone in to matches asap over proper matchmaking. That means a lot of games where beginners get matched with top 100 players. Ive seen a top 5 player getting matched against a rank 2 zerker staff ele (during peak hours and with little to no waiting time). So they are matching people with 2 games played vs people with 10-15.000 games played.

Iv seen a stream where 2 top ranked players tried to sync queue. They didnt end up in the same match eventho they where extremely close in terms of leaderboard position. When i checked the guys in the team of the streamer only 3 of them where in the top 1000.

It doesnt help that a big part of the community is in somewhat of a slumber, waiting for the patch to go live.There is no real incentive to play atm. No incentive to push ranks above 55 (in fact you get punished for it), no rewards untill the 15th and the meta isnt that enjoyable atm.

There are a lot of other things going on aswell atm. Wvw season, eso release etc etc.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just as a matter of interest, how many rank points is SoloQ giving atm? Anyone knows how many rank points TeamQ is giving as well. Do you get anything else besides rank points for winning atm?

Not played either since rewards were removed, just doing minimum amount in hot join to get my monthly till 15.4.14.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

SoloQ is 1000 and TQ 1500 iirc

in PvP

Meglobob.8620

SoloQ is 1000 and TQ 1500 iirc

Cheers, you get 500 in hotjoin and no waiting, plus its 100% win everytime…

Can’t see the point in either soloQ or teamQ until new rewards come in, on 15.4.14. Perhaps, a lot of players are doing the same as me, till then? Hence the lack of quality in SoloQ atm?

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Cheers, you get 500 in hotjoin and no waiting, plus its 100% win everytime…

Can’t see the point in either soloQ or teamQ until new rewards come in, on 15.4.14. Perhaps, a lot of players are doing the same as me, till then? Hence the lack of quality in SoloQ atm?

I guess if you purely play for the rewards …Hotjoin games are a lot worse though.

- A lot less decent players. Which is a good thing if you like to steamroll bad players i guess.
- People having nfc how to play conquest. Sitting on empty points or killing bosses with almost the entire team etc.
- People playing it like a poor mans deathmatch. Running around like headless chickens, chasing whatever player they spot (preferably with 3 or 4 players vs 1).
- Constant stream of leavers and autobalancing.
- More trashtalking and flaming.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

The matchmaking system seems to prioritize getting everyone in to matches asap over proper matchmaking. That means a lot of games where beginners get matched with top 100 players. Ive seen a top 5 player getting matched against a rank 2 zerker staff ele (during peak hours and with little to no waiting time). So they are matching people with 2 games played vs people with 10-15.000 games played.

Iv seen a stream where 2 top ranked players tried to sync queue. They didnt end up in the same match eventho they where extremely close in terms of leaderboard position. When i checked the guys in the team of the streamer only 3 of them where in the top 1000.

It doesnt help that a big part of the community is in somewhat of a slumber, waiting for the patch to go live.There is no real incentive to play atm. No incentive to push ranks above 55 (in fact you get punished for it), no rewards untill the 15th and the meta isnt that enjoyable atm.

There are a lot of other things going on aswell atm. Wvw season, eso release etc etc.

The part about matchmaking is the saddest truth.

I’m trying to play again today only to notice that i get matched with randoms, 3 matches today where i was the only one ranked ( dunno how longer it will last tough if i keep on playing) and matches full of rank 20-30 ( though it doesn’t even matter since current rank 50s are equally bad).

i’m not sure if i’ll be able to stand this anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

easy fix, remove skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

People just don’t care about the silly conquest mode. There isn’t much that can be done about it.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

It’s a game, carry on with your real life. Enough threads about this. Anet is doing what is in their reach. If you don’t like it, then do not play it. Easy as that. Summer incoming so enough fun things to do beside GW2.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Well i was wrong.

Reached NA level? I would say they were always on par (good or bad). Saying one was ahead or behind the other was nothing more than egos getting carried away.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Well i was wrong.

Reached NA level? I would say they were always on par (good or bad). Saying one was ahead or behind the other was nothing more than egos getting carried away.

Sorry, this is incorrect. The level of competition and general competence of SoloQ rotations & individual player skill in EU region is pretty overwhelmingly better than NA. Many EU players especially can vouch for this.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

No, now it’s in the worst state ever!

Wait, wait….ok, NOW it’s in the wo…hold up…..

…ok…

…hmm…

…ahh, here we go! Ok right….NOW it’s in the worst state ever.

=P

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Well i was wrong.

Sorry, this is incorrect. The level of competition and general competence of SoloQ rotations & individual player skill in EU region is pretty overwhelmingly better than NA. Many EU players especially can vouch for this.

I can confirm that NA SoloQ is HORRIBLE compared to EU. I bought a new GW2 account for NA months ago and I have just moved it to EU because I couldn’t stand what I was seeing in NA SoloQ – It still gives me nightmares.

Anyway – SoloQ is pretty bad in EU at the moment because the good players are waiting for April 15th – That’s all. Take a break!

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Not to mention, that it is still more lucrative even for solo players to play teamqueue instead. I understand, that is should be more rewarding, but 50% is way too much. This needs to get changed asap.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Not to mention, that it is still more lucrative even for solo players to play teamqueue instead. I understand, that is should be more rewarding, but 50% is way too much. This needs to get changed asap.

This.

I really think ArenaNet should be pushing SoloQ play as much as they are with TeamQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Well i was wrong.

This is substantiated how exactly? Oh through opinions? I was just checking, because my opinion while watching the streaming of EU players in solo queue, was that it was on par with NA. Some good matches and just as many lesser skilled players who lacked rotation or individual skill.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Well the matchmaking we have in GW2 right now is probably the worst ive seen in any online game with a rated system. Its so bad that it might aswell not be there.

2 secs ago i played with a backpaddling engie that got in to the top 200 during his first 10 games played (probs due to some lucky DC wins. He was on obvious beginner, but the ladder considers him top tier after 11 games played.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Fair enough. And yes they have left solo q players out to dry. Lets be honest. Team queue is just an contest between 25-30 players max who have to time/will to make sure they all rotate properly and run comps which work. Most players in this game either duo/trio queue in team queue or just solo q. Anet must have the figures to show this.

So why continue to neglect us solo q players in favour of 25 people? Makes no sense.

First step should be to remove skyhammer. If it isn’t good enough for competitive team queue (where about 30 people play) then why do they force solo queue to play it? What a punch in the nuts that is to us.

Secondly, as stated, solo queue should give comparable or almost comparable rewards.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

Soloq is supposed to teach new pvpers “how to play the game like it’s supposed to be played.” With no other avenue for them to learn, where are they supposed to go? 5v5 hotjoins are never full so the experience is not like it would be in Soloq where the players are committed to playing the entire match (minus the 4v5 from AFKers).

I feel there should be a rank requirement for Soloq and discourage inexperienced players from queuing (not Teamq because inviting a lowbie to play on your team is the team’s prerogative), but that would mean making all hotjoins an “unrated Soloq” and forcing all hotjoin players to commit to playing the entire hotjoin match and starting all hotjoin matches when both teams are full. I would be glad to wait a few minutes for a hotjoin queue if it means that all matches start full and not have people jump in and out as they please or team stack because one side is up by 100 pts and they want an easy win.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

5 matches today, 3 were 4vs5.

Got Rom in it, said it was his third 4vs5 ( too).

Went down by 600 positions in one day thanks to afkers.

I think i’m done with solo q till aNet fix this crap.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

5 matches today, 3 were 4vs5.

Got Rom in it, said it was his third 3vs5 ( too).

Went down by 600 positions in one day thanks to afkers.

I think i’m done with solo q till aNet fix this crap.

Happens to us all dude haha.

And it will never be fixed because arenanet see solo Q as an uncompetitive environment. Look how they reward solo q with way less rewards than in team Q. And how they are willing to leave the hated skyhammer in solo q.

At the end of the day, solo q should be their main game mode. Team q is a tiny indicator of skill imo. There is simply too many other things going on for 1 players individual skill to matter that much. But the lack of support for solo q and the horrible meta (from a solo q point of view) is killing it to the point where now nobody even trys in solo q.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Well i was wrong.

So they are low ranked ? Do you feel so much better than them that you have to make a post like this to show how mad you are at these people for joining “your” game ? If so,Make a Teamq party and stop complaining about people you have no right to complain about,It’s SOLO Q,Everyone and their mother can join if they want,rank 1 or rank 60..Who cares,let people have fun and stop being such a . . . . I rather play with a bunch of low ranked people than someone with your attitude.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Man it was super bad when I played the other day.. Rage almost won over raw addiction.

I went for straight wins on an alt acount, which would of put me ~40, then had three or four games with random r12 warriors.. By the end I wasn’t even mad, it was just funny….

MMR=\= rank, I wish I knew what it did equal!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Well i was wrong.

So they are low ranked ? Do you feel so much better than them that you have to make a post like this to show how mad you are at these people for joining “your” game ? If so,Make a Teamq party and stop complaining about people you have no right to complain about,It’s SOLO Q,Everyone and their mother can join if they want,rank 1 or rank 60..Who cares,let people have fun and stop being such a . . . . I rather play with a bunch of low ranked people than someone with your attitude.

But people expect to get matched up with vaguly similar players. I don’t mind getting the odd spirits/MM that afks on close (though might get vocal about it:p), but when we’re talking about gaming with unpredictable, new players our enjoyment of the match is incomparably lower. Even if we win!

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

spvp is dead… why you think anet tries everything i nthe patch to make more ppl play…

which will fail totally

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Meglobob.8620

Team Q does not really involve more skill, it just requires organization, team speak possibly as well and you have a serious advantage…

In solo q for example I have a 50/50 win record pretty much.

In team q when I have took the time to properly organise it, win 19/20. Simply by being more organised and all knowing our jobs plus being able to shout for help and scream instructions to fellow team members. Really, when you do team q that way, your just faming 95% of other teams in team q. Far, far easier than solo q.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

which will fail totally

But anyone not on EU is doing it wrong currently anyway. China will probably just play EU too, which will be a huge boost to TQ.

The prospect of a highly competitive game still looks shaky right now, but as a fun and engaging experience for guys not looking to fill large halls and small Koreans it could definitely be there in a few months.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: snatch.2584

snatch.2584

I will give you all advice – i dropped GW2 for World of Warcraft and what? I’m happy that finally i find PvP which requires a lot of skill and knowledge. Cu arenanet with your casual game

(edited by snatch.2584)