Solo queueing Mesmer

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

How well can this class solo queue carry? I play warr necro engi now but warr is feeling a little stale and useless, necro is fine but it’s almost impossible to escape if I’m targetted I just end up waiting for a rez Lmao…

Engi I’m loving its insanely fun… How is Mesmer? Is it still in that OP state of mind or is it mid-top tier now? And is there any combo fields I need to know about for it or do I just pop clones and nuke people lol…

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

You shouldn’t die to any 1v1 if you play properly. You can fully nuke another class in 2s, from stealth. Mesmer is still the top class. I think it’s pretty fun too. Give it a try!

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Adjust.6903

Really? That’s cool then I think I’ll definitely give it a shot. Love my engi but my warrior feels like a deadweight now. Is there anything advanced you can tip me with before I try? Like any combos etc? I’d love to try get good at Mesmer and engi and necro, then I’d the a pretty awesome selection of classes

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

roll celeddele and stall 3 vs 1 for your team all day

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Adjust.6903

I have dd Ele and I suck amazingly well at it. I can’t combo field at all or well I get lost once I bit 12 might stacks LoL I seem to die very fast or do no damage and die slowly. Don’t really enjoy it. Much rather play mesmer, necro, engi.

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Here ya go:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/MirrorBlink-A-Secret-Recipe-for-Mesmer-Burst/first#post5353029

Should explain the Mesmer burst pretty well, complete with a demonstrative video. Some quick notes on building a mesmer:

• Domination/Dueling goes with everything. (Dom: Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, PowerBlock OR Mental Anguish / Dueling: Furious Interruption OR desperate decoy, Blinding dissipation, Deceptive evasion). Slap on any third trait line behind that and you’re good to go. Best bets are Inspiration or Chaos. (Chaos for PU stealth bursts or lockdown. Inspiration for more survival/condition removal)
  • The “meta” weaponset is sword/torch – greatsword … But technically anything + Greatsword can work, just don’t try and throw scepter in there.
  • People will hate you -no matter how good or bad you’re doing- simply because you’re playing Mesmer. They’ll call you cheese no matter what build you run. 90% of these people are ego-bruised parrots who have no idea how the class works. (Same could be said for the hate on Eles)
  • Thieves are still a big concern. Mastering use of blinding dissipation and shatters in general is your only hope of taking a skilled thief down.

Good luck, and feel free to w/ or hit up the Mes forums if you have any further questions or want someone to pvp with in-game!

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

A few tips:
Taking PU will give you very strong sustain and easy engage and disengage.

Portal is mesmer’s strongest skill but it is very hard to utilize in solo queue.

W/O inspiration line, mantra of resolve is your most reliable condie cleanse. Without it, you better not head on engage a condie spec(say burn guardian, condie engi, condie ranger).

Lockdown build is super fun and can wreck people fast. But it is also very risky to play.

You are super squishy and can’t stand on point for long. So solo engaging a tanky/sustain class on point is usually a bad idea. If you focus on winning the game, try not to solo engaging likes of DD ele, necromancer on point.

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

I usually play ele with D/F, its my main, I love it. I’m doing good, but getting my kitten kicked as well.
Yesterday I tried mesmer since I’m tired of fighting against those. I did meta shatter build for my mesmer. kitten its easy to be mesmer. I have no idea what half of my skill even do and getting top scores almost every game. Invisibility saves my kitten all the time. I have awesome DPS, boon stripping, moa transforms, clones, teleport, support.. I would dare to say it’s mesmer who is OP not elementalist.

Only thing I have trouble with is constant melee spam and stuns. If they catch me I’m toast.

(edited by flarezi.9381)

Solo queueing Mesmer

in PvP

Adjust.6903

Yup I’m trying this later to see how it plays out, was having a blast on my ranger last night dominating every game easy, should be fun trying the Mesmer.