Sore Winners

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

I’ve mostly been playing my main in ranked for a long time, but thought it was finally time to start playing other classes. I never saw this kind of behavior while playing my main (once every 100 matches hardly counts).

I’m really bad with my alts though, as I never played them a lot and I learn by trying rather than reading about a build. So I thought it safest to do unranked with my alts, and was shocked that almost every match I ran into something like this.
I know my alts suck, but I really don’t see the point why someone feels the need to remind me every single match when we’re not even in a ranked queue.

I’ve never been a hardcore pvp and never will be, but I enjoy taking 1-2 matches every now and again, but this kind of thing really makes me dread playing alts. So I’m kind of at a point where there’s no reason to play my main (having played too many matches with that single class) and I’m feeling discouraged from learning to play my alts.

I suspect it might have something to do with MMR as my alts (hopefully) have a lot lower MMR than my main, but it really ruins the fun in pvp.

And yes, I could put them on ignore, but I really just want to play pvp for fun. Even if I put them on ignore, they already ruined my fun.

This is exactly the point, once you get past that beginning MMR it gets a lot better. As most of these people tend to not be the best at PvP.

Honestly, they really need to shut it down by making PvP chat system just like WvW with an option for “open map and say chat” in custom arenas. (though this still wont fix the people that are actually on your team and being invisible handles the whispers.)

This shuts down the P v Map Chat outside of custom arenas and still allows the option to those who use custom arenas for duels, training, and scrims that want to talk to each other in chat.

EDIT

Ive also found that complementing people who are actually rocking on the other team goes a long way. When I see a mes actually use portal really well, I might say something to them to let em know.

(edited by nightblood.7910)

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

If you die to a player that you hard counter you need to realize you deserve everything said afterwards.

Trash talk in general is a good time IMHO.

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

If you die to a player that you hard counter you need to realize you deserve everything said afterwards.

Trash talk in general is a good time IMHO.

Interesting, Ive reckt so many guards (medi guards included) on my thief it isnt funny. I dont go gloating about it. To me they could be new to the class, just learning, or fairly new to PvP. Of which being new to a class doesnt deserve a bunch of crap because thy havent mastered it yet. Everyone had their learning curve.

Ive even offered 1v1’s to help people who Ive obviously destroyed yet shouldnt have get used to fighting thieves. And let the know that is why Im doing it.

But I will give it to those who trash talk. It is common in MMO’s for people to bully new players. Guess it makes them feel like something important that they cant get from real life.

I will admit, I have had a few people who have run thier mouths to me that I cant help but go after everytime I see them. How Im bad and could never beat them, blah blah blah.

Then I beat them on every class they have, but even then later I felt bad because I realized this guy does this rage “your hacking”, “your bad”, “Hahaha” whispers to everyone in game. Making me think something else is going on with this person’s head and I have more sympathy than anger.

(edited by nightblood.7910)

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Unless they’re new to or not serious about the class, in which case you become a jerk.

Unless you’re also implying that all hard counters are faceroll easy.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

To be honest. When people try to troll me, I like it… I find it funny. Yes, even when I am on the receiving end (I suck at Elementalist and Thief). And I am very VERY competitive.

It’s beyond me why people allow others to get to them. No one can make you feel inferior or upset in a video game without your consent. When people act like idiots it shouldn’t grind your gears the way it currently does. Laugh at them like I do. Or if you don’t find it funny, just keep playing and disregard their behavior.

People who get upset at people who are acting silly crack me up. As a matter of fact, I don’t think I would enjoy PvP if it were completely void of trolls. Real talk.

Competitive games need people like these:

(edited by Jasher.6580)

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

I honestly feel bad whenever i kill someone in like 10-20 secs on xondi necro(imo a half decent player would.never let taht happen), they were likely a newcomer and i may have discouraged them that extra little bit from pvp’ing… Dunno what satisfaction peoplw derive from saying sth like “rekt” or “noob”. I find it heartwarming when someone /bows after a 1v1 and try to remember to do that myself. Maybe i take this too seriously but oh well

RIP
FeelsBadMan

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

People need to realize that everyone starts out at the bottom. You don’t get skilled the first time you enter the game.

Also they may be an experience player but trying out a different profession or experimenting with a new build in a competitive environment.

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Also, this is a kid’s game, not intended for adults and kids don’t know any better. From 35 all the way down to 7 years old and most likely targeted for the below teen crowd, especially. So don’t get your hopes up if they don’t care what you think, unless you are their mom.

That’s not true at all. IIRC the average GW player is 32.

8 year olds don’t have money, don’t buy video games and don’t continue playing video games.

Sore Winners

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Also, this is a kid’s game, not intended for adults and kids don’t know any better. From 35 all the way down to 7 years old and most likely targeted for the below teen crowd, especially. So don’t get your hopes up if they don’t care what you think, unless you are their mom.

That’s not true at all. IIRC the average GW player is 32.

8 year olds don’t have money, don’t buy video games and don’t continue playing video games.

This.

Kids don’t buy gems. People of all ages play this game. Coincidentally I’m about to turn 32.