Sorry Pro Leaguers, ELO hell still exists.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

forum bug reboot

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I would strongly recommend not posting a video. I was asked to kill myself by teammates in PvP after doing so, (at the request of a pro player.) They didn’t want me on there team.

Posting a video will get you identified and harassed in game if the opinions expressed about it on forum are negative.

If you’re bad, you’re bad. That’s the reality. Now instead of being negative about it, how bout use it as a challenge to get better?

I have been and continue to bust my kitten to get better.

That’s not really the point though. I recommend against the OP posting a video because I have experienced very negative consequences for doing so.

I fail to see how I’m being negative because teammates asked me to commit suicide. You might wish to rethink that.

So you did try to get better right? Out of the negative there came a positive. I am glad you did try to get better.

It’s their loss if they can’t handle criticism. It’s up to you to filter the kill yourself comments. I know you are an adult and you are able to see that this is nothing more than an internet linggo, not be taken literally.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The real intresting test would be an average or a bit above (like 1500) player, playing at primetime for 1-2 hours a day. How long would he need playing his main class (mesmer is a less played class here) to get from 600 to 1500 points in solo Q. I think unless super lucky not in a single season …

Started the sesaon with 680 rating as a solo mesmer. At 1350 right now. Its not the 1500 you where asking for, but it as about 70 won/60 lost games.

Thanx for the answer. Mesmer is one of the good classes to do it if you can mange it. I think the hard part starts in silver.
I currently try to increase my odds playing warrior but it feels wrong to play a class i am much worse then my main to win a game just by outrotating the oponent fast ….
Unfortunately my team could not captialize me holding a 1:2 far at match start and lost mid and beasts yesterday …

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I would strongly recommend not posting a video. I was asked to kill myself by teammates in PvP after doing so, (at the request of a pro player.) They didn’t want me on there team.

Posting a video will get you identified and harassed in game if the opinions expressed about it on forum are negative.

just ingore that trash talk… should be the easiest thing ever when playing an MMO
you dont even look at it

But encouraging others to not post videos so better players with good intentions cant help them doesnt help the situation
Just because you got (only?) bad feedback doesnt mean others will

And you didnt post on forum here… So maybe you try that and you could get good advice too
Just let people post on forums here
Answers that are too toxic will be removed from Devs anyway and the stuck players can profit of the experience from long time PvP Players

So maybe we should make a big post just for that where players can post videos of their games and ask what they did wrong and where they could do better (in rotations, personal dueling skills, etc…)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

Considering cynz responded to my post in an edit which completely sidestepped the challange I’d just like to put it out there that this claim that the only way the all of the best players maintain high winratios is through qing at ridicilous hours is now debunked. This was already obviously false since you can see these people consistently on my stream when I q and I only do it on prime. Let’s try to not spread dishonesty on this level again.

The reason I asked for videos was (to me) pretty obvious. First of all; you’d get a chance to have someone of my caliber give you improvement tips. Something I used to charge money to do in the past.

Second, we’d pretty easily be able to see if your gameplay looks superior to everyone else in your division which is what you’re suggesting. You’re saying that the only reason you lose is because every single time you play ‘’the system’’ gives you teammates that are all worse than your opponents (although you’re stil better than them, just not enough)

If you could show this to me in multiple examples (iirc, 3 consecutive games) then I’d send you 500g on top of any advice on the gameplay you could get. IMO it’s a pretty good deal. All you need to do is spend around an hour playing these games which you intend to do anyway in the next season. 500g, win or lose in game; it should be a win to you if your statement is true.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

So you did try to get better right? Out of the negative there came a positive. I am glad you did try to get better.

It’s their loss if they can’t handle criticism. It’s up to you to filter the kill yourself comments. I know you are an adult and you are able to see that this is nothing more than an internet linggo, not be taken literally.

So much what..

You shouldn’t need to filter such comments. Such comments are fully idiotic and players saying those things should get their accounts banned and face a beating from their parents or if they are no longer dwell in their parents basements they should made responsible for behaviour like that.
Telling someone to kill him/herself because he/she is bad at a game is one of the most stupid things the internet has brought on us.
And if a streamer supports such behaviour there is report button on twitch to make him stop that.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Rankings are serious business

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

You should probably just laugh at people that say that. The more toxic someone is in the game the more unsuccessful he is in real life. People seek some form of validation in games, they try to accomplish something in the game because they couldnt in real life.

Most of the PvP players are like that. For streamers its like 10 times worse. Sure they can make a living out of it but oh man are they the social creeps of this world. They dont know how to speak/interact with people, they are at a social level of a 15 year old.

That also easily explains why so many streamers/gamers got social anxiety developed. Cut off from the world, living in the game, enjoying the anonymity games provide, lack of experience with people IRL overall.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The real question is, did Helseth also queue at 5-10 am like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it) so he could farm players divisions (silver/gold) below him and thus never lose matches?

Oh that’s the ‘’real question’’ huh?

I didn’t do that a single time. My entire path was done on stream and primarily during primetime. My usual stream schedule is 16-22. This is easily verified by just looking at the dates/times of my past broadcasts.

I’d love to see screenshots of me qing at 5-10 am considering that I have a job lmao.

Like, a single one.

I can put a 500g reward on it.

Did you even read what i wrote?

I did.

I adressed your comment that suggested I could have been doing it at silly times. After that I also offered up to you and absolutely anyone if they could spot a single time where I’ve been qing at 4 am .

If you took the tone of the comment as something else it’s probably because it’s tiresome when people on the forum keep posting exaggerated claims as if they’re facts and then give no acknowledgement when called out on it. I’ve lurked for a minute and constantly seen it repeated. It would be nice to have this stop happening all the time.

Although let’s go ahead and prove me wrong;

‘’like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it)’’

This suggests that the majority of the top10 q at 5-10 am which is the only reason they have the winratio that they have.

I’ll call you out on it. Give me 6 screenshots (majority) of the EU top 10 qing at that time.

500g.

Someone reads only what he wants to read apparently.

Can’t post screens here for obvious reasons, PMs are not an option (Candyman says hello). Can send you some mails in games if you are so eager.

Also, once again who are you and why are you talking for Helseth?

And as side note, to prove anything, one would require to watch Helseth’s vids. To be able to see them you actually need to subscribe to his channel and i am sure as hell not going to do it.

The real question is, did Helseth also queue at 5-10 am like the rest of the top 10 (you know who i am talking about, i have seen you and have screemshots, don’t deny it) so he could farm players divisions (silver/gold) below him and thus never lose matches?

If everyone in the top ten queued at the same time, wouldn’t they just play against each other?

Nah, MM puts them all on the same team vs lower ranked teams due to bug.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The arguments you guys are making are ludicrous. If he belongs in silver as you state then he shouldn’t be losing games, he should be matched with players who lose just as much as he does. But you say he should be carrying, so he’s meant to be doing the bulk of the heavy lifting and the game expects him to. And the other 4 people on his team are just dead weight, they count for nothing. Thing is, unless you experience what he is experiencing you have no valid argument here. And please stop comparing pro gamers with common players, that’s just stupid.

I’ve made it, and stayed in, Legendary with the exception of S5 being Low Plat because gw2 (disregarding the broken placement system) finally got the leaderboards right. So that’s S2 through S4 Legendary status all soloq, and Plat in S5.

A few of us here HAVE experienced what the OP has gone through. Even Helseth… except us certain players got out of it because it’s not meant to be a permanent thing.

And yes, certain classes do carry easier than others. I’ve realized backcapping classes like Thief & Mesmer can solo-carry & snowball the map a lot easier than, say, a DH or Necro. But every other class who’s worth their salt have nade it to Diamond/Plat/Legendary without deranking themselved.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The arguments you guys are making are ludicrous. If he belongs in silver as you state then he shouldn’t be losing games, he should be matched with players who lose just as much as he does. But you say he should be carrying, so he’s meant to be doing the bulk of the heavy lifting and the game expects him to. And the other 4 people on his team are just dead weight, they count for nothing. Thing is, unless you experience what he is experiencing you have no valid argument here. And please stop comparing pro gamers with common players, that’s just stupid.

I’ve made it, and stayed in, Legendary with the exception of S5 being Low Plat because gw2 (disregarding the broken placement system) finally got the leaderboards right. So that’s S2 through S4 Legendary status all soloq, and Plat in S5.

A few of us here HAVE experienced what the OP has gone through. Even Helseth… except us certain players got out of it because it’s not meant to be a permanent thing.

And yes, certain classes do carry easier than others. I’ve realized backcapping classes like Thief & Mesmer can solo-carry & snowball the map a lot easier than, say, a DH or Necro. But every other class who’s worth their salt have nade it to Diamond/Plat/Legendary without deranking themselved.

Wrong. I placed in low plat, got to 1900, then whole week i had never ending loss streak (i would log in, lose few matches, log off every day), so bad that i landed in gold 2. I am back in plat again, but that week of permanent losing happend and it shouldn’t have. Surely, you could say i belong in gold but i did get back to plat and maintain my poistion. I also got in plat on my alt account that doesn’t even have HoT (so played core thief) so here is that. The whole system is wonky and buggy (i don’t even want to start on games with stacked top 5 on one team and gold players + 1,2 plats on other team because for MM 1700/1500 equals 2200 somehow).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Wrong. I placed in low plat, got to 1900, then whole week i had never ending loss streak (i would log in, lose few matches, log off every day), so bad that i landed in gold 2. I am back in plat again, but that week of permanent losing happend and it shouldn’t have. Surely, you could say i belong in gold but i did get back to plat and maintain my poistion. I also got in plat on my alt account that doesn’t even have HoT (so played core thief) so here is that. The whole system is wonky and buggy (i don’t even want to start on games with stacked top 5 on one team and gold players + 1,2 plats on other team because for MM 1700/1500 equals 2200 somehow).

The system has bugs and is too volatile imo

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

If you’re bad, you’re bad. That’s the reality. Now instead of being negative about it, how bout use it as a challenge to get better?

I have been and continue to bust my kitten to get better.

That’s not really the point though. I recommend against the OP posting a video because I have experienced very negative consequences for doing so.

I fail to see how I’m being negative because teammates asked me to commit suicide. You might wish to rethink that.

Please don’t. I know you probably mean well, but please understand that it is up to players to refrain from making these comments, not the receiver to filter them. There is a reason it is against the ToS. People have actually killed themselves over online comments. You don’t know what the user on the other side of these names has going on in their lives currently or what has happened in the past. It’s up to each one of us to treat people as we would treat a stranger or acquaintance that we were talking to face to face.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

@cynz

an ingame mail to oni.5429 will do

500g waiting

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Is it that kind of 500g like your stream giveaways?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

not taking money from the tourny pot if that’s what you’re asking lmao

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

The system has a flaw in matchmaking, it was already confirmed by Anet. That bug creates matches that are uneven, but it cannot explain losing streaks in lower tiers, because you will have the same chance to be placed on the higher or lower average MMR team. How would the system decide you will always be placed in the lower MMR team?

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

1st things 1st. Ya’ll need to agree on what “elo hell” is, given the context of GW2 s5.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

This is why ranked needs to be for 5 man premade teams only. Until this happens, players will always blame their teammates for their losses.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I always thought Elo hell was when the matchmaker preferred to place you with teammates who were less skilled than you because your MMR was lower than your actual skill. You then got placed against higher rated teams which forced a loss, lowered your MMR, and repeated the cycle. Theoretically we saw this in season one and two. I seemed to experience this in season 2, though by the end I was getting more wins again.

However, they changed the way the matchmaker worked in season 3, and matches were aimed at being balanced with regards to MMR. What we experienced throughout all 4 previous seasons was people grinding to ruby division because of safety nets, creating a pool of players in low ruby who were anywhere from horrible to decent, but were being placed in same matches because of drawing from pip range.

Theoretically, both of these problems have been fixed. So I don’t really know what Elo hell is this season. Anecdotally, there seem to be issues, but I couldn’t surmise what could be causing them.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Entering the season late, I was placed low gold initial match ups were a challenge, no biggie. I made my way up solo q to mid/high platinum. After this week I’m now low silver.

I know how to rotate, I win my 1v1’s and hold out during 1vX/disengage when appropriate. My teammates on the other hand are seemingly straight outta Best Buy with their CD keys. Yeah I make mistakes too and I’m well aware of them, but man, oh man.

I’m no pro leaguer who can carry his team on his shoulders and I’d be kitten ed if I said this was frustrating, because its not. I just can’t care anymore, though I care just enough to post here venting my frustrations. I can’t care about this matchmaking system that for some ungodly reason pairs me with people who do something reminiscent of drinking bleach in the corner of the room.

This season has mentally drained me, and it’s just not fun anymore.

This! I’m bronze now, didn’t play a weekend and got like 100 points decay (was stuck in silver hell before), i see people in the top 10 with the same matches played since i started, and still top 10, they didn’t even made it 1 match per day.
So yeah, gj arena net!
I planned initially to finish my legendary, was pretty close, in the last season i finished 3 of the metas when i was on vacations, and a bit after, but then work got in the way. But as i started playing i realized, i had better things to do with my time. I mean, if i’m equal skill to people (which is what apparently my MMR means i am) that will go 3 man camp on close, who constantly need to 3v1 to win (when they win), who quit after they die in the first 5 seconds of a fight, then i sure as hell don’t belong in PvP.

Like you said, i’m no pro, far from it, but at least i know the bare minimum, sadly i seem to get consistently placed into teams with too many individuals that don’t.

And now this precious gem here; didn’t play 4 days, lose 10% of my total points. That’s reasonable, i’ve been getting like 15-20 points on WINS and now i lose 100, i’d say that’s the ideal ammount…

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

in PvP

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Entering the season late, I was placed low gold initial match ups were a challenge, no biggie. I made my way up solo q to mid/high platinum. After this week I’m now low silver.

I know how to rotate, I win my 1v1’s and hold out during 1vX/disengage when appropriate. My teammates on the other hand are seemingly straight outta Best Buy with their CD keys. Yeah I make mistakes too and I’m well aware of them, but man, oh man.

I’m no pro leaguer who can carry his team on his shoulders and I’d be kitten ed if I said this was frustrating, because its not. I just can’t care anymore, though I care just enough to post here venting my frustrations. I can’t care about this matchmaking system that for some ungodly reason pairs me with people who do something reminiscent of drinking bleach in the corner of the room.

This season has mentally drained me, and it’s just not fun anymore.

This! I’m bronze now, didn’t play a weekend and got like 100 points decay (was stuck in silver hell before), i see people in the top 10 with the same matches played since i started, and still top 10, they didn’t even made it 1 match per day.
So yeah, gj arena net!
I planned initially to finish my legendary, was pretty close, in the last season i finished 3 of the metas when i was on vacations, and a bit after, but then work got in the way. But as i started playing i realized, i had better things to do with my time. I mean, if i’m equal skill to people (which is what apparently my MMR means i am) that will go 3 man camp on close, who constantly need to 3v1 to win (when they win), who quit after they die in the first 5 seconds of a fight, then i sure as hell don’t belong in PvP.

Like you said, i’m no pro, far from it, but at least i know the bare minimum, sadly i seem to get consistently placed into teams with too many individuals that don’t.

And now this precious gem here; didn’t play 4 days, lose 10% of my total points. That’s reasonable, i’ve been getting like 15-20 points on WINS and now i lose 100, i’d say that’s the ideal ammount…

You can ignore the 100 points decay. They don’t change your MMR, just your positioning on the leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

Trash talking is just a form of mental jarring used to degrade the efficacy of opponents. You’ve all shown that it works. Being defeated beyond the pixels within the game XD

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

There are uncarriable games, no doubt. The joke is though, you actually do not need to win those. If you constantly better than the other players at your MMR range you will rise eventually. Bad streaks etc. tend to happen, but you can also always climb back up again. I was in Top 250 once, dropped out, dropped to ~1650-1700 a few times, but somehow I always end up around 1800 MMR again and I’m pretty sure that’s the case because it is roughly where I belong. With the volatility your current MMR is obviously not an exact indicator of your skilllevel, but it is very unlikely to be more than ~150 off, unless you are on the guys who got into Top 250 with like ~10 games or less.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You are aware that this is your SUBJECTIVE opinion?

Are you discrediting his opinion as “SUBJECTIVE” on the basis of your own “SUBJECTIVE” opinion?

Are you sure you know what you’re saying?

Well technically “his opinion” was actually a anecdote+hyperbole not a opinion.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I always thought Elo hell was when the matchmaker preferred to place you with teammates who were less skilled than you because your MMR was lower than your actual skill. You then got placed against higher rated teams which forced a loss, lowered your MMR, and repeated the cycle. Theoretically we saw this in season one and two. I seemed to experience this in season 2, though by the end I was getting more wins again.

However, they changed the way the matchmaker worked in season 3, and matches were aimed at being balanced with regards to MMR. What we experienced throughout all 4 previous seasons was people grinding to ruby division because of safety nets, creating a pool of players in low ruby who were anywhere from horrible to decent, but were being placed in same matches because of drawing from pip range.

Theoretically, both of these problems have been fixed. So I don’t really know what Elo hell is this season. Anecdotally, there seem to be issues, but I couldn’t surmise what could be causing them.

Your summary isn’t terrible for “ELO Hell”, though it’s really more that you can’t possibly get out of “hell” because of your team — even when placed against teams of exactly the same composition. Not “better teams”, just “identical teams”.

In reality, “ELO Hell” is just a way for players to say “I believe my skill is higher than my MMR, so clearly the MMR algorithm, or the rest of the team, are the reason my MMR is low.”

It’s like that person always boasting about how awesome they are, but when it comes to the point of doing the thing, they do terrible, then blame everything else. “Oh, the sun was in my eyes. My pencil broke. The teacher lied to me. I had a stomach ache.”

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Top players facing mainly lower lvl players, even those out of top 250, and easily farm the skill rating. If the system would be fair as Anet announced, then top 100 would play against each other 90% of the time resulting the top 100 would change constantly as players maintain their lose/win streak.

Easy example, if you got 100 players in a basket and they would play only against each other, half of them would have >50% win/lose ratio and the other half <50% win/lose ratio. Does this happen in this league? NO, cause top players playing mainly against lower lvl players farming the rating.

So… Helseth, prove me wrong and show us you face top 100 players most of the time

500g waiting

(edited by Miyu.8137)

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

just ingore that trash talk… should be the easiest thing ever when playing an MMO
you dont even look at it

But encouraging others to not post videos so better players with good intentions cant help them doesnt help the situation
Just because you got (only?) bad feedback doesnt mean others will

And you didnt post on forum here… So maybe you try that and you could get good advice too
Just let people post on forums here
Answers that are too toxic will be removed from Devs anyway and the stuck players can profit of the experience from long time PvP Players

So maybe we should make a big post just for that where players can post videos of their games and ask what they did wrong and where they could do better (in rotations, personal dueling skills, etc…)

Posting a video is an easy way to expose yourself or others haha… I can see why people might not want to post a video. It’s easy to hone in on something they potentially did wrong or could have done different, but hindsight is 20/20.

We need to be as encouraging as possible to people that actually do post a video and let them know (carefully) what they should focus on improving and what they did wrong… While also letting them know the good things they did

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Bardly.2571

Bardly.2571

I was in this forum day two complaining about the hell that was…

I have since decided to own my noobness. I’m working hard, learning from every awful loss, and taking in to consideration that I have a lot to learn and this is my first season.

I owned my bronzeness, and climbed to Silver with about a 65% win ratio.
Clearly I’m not bragging, I just mean to say that it might be more about owning where you are if you are low and play hard.

in PvP

Posted by: albostan.6719

albostan.6719

Hi Blue

You know how many games you need to lose to drop from mid plat ?

500 points if you lose so many you for sure don’t belong higher rank sry that we have to say that.

I got with 2 accounts plat and both are still high plat close to legendary.

I swaped with a friend for proving this elo hell stuff and boosted him from 1600 into 1844 within 30 games. Of course on those 30 games I had tons of bad players but on both sides. He on the other hand deranked my account with about 70 games ( or more I dont’ know). The factor of playing more games then playing less seems not really to matter on the current pvp season compared to your skill.

My friend deranked my account more than once into 1700 and I got back again into 1850+ rank :-O

Just sayin complaining about the system don’t help any of you…

Of course I have to admit some games are for sure unfair double duo que vs 0 que was frustrating but even then we had some wins =)

Mabye try to play more professions or different times could help.

Good luck to all on this pvp season:D:D

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Top players facing mainly lower lvl players, even those out of top 250, and easily farm the skill rating. If the system would be fair as Anet announced, then top 100 would play against each other 90% of the time resulting the top 100 would change constantly as players maintain their lose/win streak.

You know that you get very small changes when you mostly win or lose as expected, right? Which is what the case is up in the top 100 and all. So, uh, top 100 player vs low rank player, top 100 wins, gains very little. They lose, though, they lose big!

So, yeah, your understanding of what causes changes in MMR is a little off, but … those top 100 players do mostly play other players of similar rankings. They do move up and down. Just not to the degree you seem to imagine they “must”.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You know that you get very small changes when you mostly win or lose as expected, right? Which is what the case is up in the top 100 and all. So, uh, top 100 player vs low rank player, top 100 wins, gains very little. They lose, though, they lose big!

So, yeah, your understanding of what causes changes in MMR is a little off, but … those top 100 players do mostly play other players of similar rankings. They do move up and down. Just not to the degree you seem to imagine they “must”.

The thing is it doesn’t work in the opposite direction which I think is what a lot of people are angry about.

You finally win that massively unfavorable game, and gain just as many points as you lost the game before when your team MMR was only five points higher than the other’s.

Losses are big but wins typically aren’t.

in PvP

Posted by: zezuils beast.1204

zezuils beast.1204

If you are stuck in a rank that means that’s were you belong at the time. Personally I couldn’t get into plat at first in this season. It brought myself back together, watched some of sinds videos on thief rotations and boom platinum. I had the same teammates and the occasional afk but I pushed thru in 7 games were I had been stuck for over 30 games. To showcase what I mean by the only player holding you back I’m streaming and will be posting on YouTube my climb from 900 rating to platinum. However since I believe putting alts in top 250 is absolute bs if I manage to get close to that I will stop playing on the account until the season has ended.