Spvp destiny. An important message

in PvP

Posted by: S H A K U R AS.9536

S H A K U R AS.9536

I repeat my ask, WE WANT CONCRETE ANSWER NOT “SOON”:

So in short, we wants to know:

1) When do u going to start ladder games.
2) When do u going to remove tournaments and start normal daily AT’s.
3) When can we see new maps.
4) When are u going to put observ.
5) When are u going to inform all pple in the same moment about PvP changes, dont split pple like in gw1, “top” teams have forum and know ~half year faster what going to be changes and other pple know it in the day of update or from friends from tk.

JS didnt answer for ANY my and I think many other pple questions.

Sec thing its Guild laddder/Inwidual ladder. I prefer Guild ladder but we should remmber about smurf “top” players(Somebody is off we care so much so lets play in new guild with 1 guest). Its too easy switch guilds and player base to small to protect new pple. The only one conclusion on PvP EACH PLAYER should be assigned to 1 guild. I hope its possible and u can back guest system only for PvP. What other pple think about this solution problem of the smurfs?

(edited by S H A K U R AS.9536)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Because Jonathan knows more about what we are doing with PvP, and because we don’t say we are doing X until we are 100% doing it or else we get a lot of you said X, I wants it NOW!!!

5) When are u going to inform all pple in the same moment about PvP changes, dont split pple like in gw1, “top” teams have forum and know ~half year faster what going to be changes and other pple know it in the day of update or from friends from tk.
6) When are u going to respect pple who paid for this game, u demand respect but dont respect each others.

I think its enough for begin, do it what i wrote and then except respect from pple, who bought this game for PvP not PvE or WvWvW.

i got your answers bro:

1) soon
2) pretty soon
3) in a bit
4) sooner than later
5) soon
6) not soon enough

we have a lot more awesome stuff too but cant talk about it for another 3 months and will give you a blog about icebergs with no real details that will take another ~1 month to review before its actually posted.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

S H A K U R AS.9536

Because Jonathan knows more about what we are doing with PvP, and because we don’t say we are doing X until we are 100% doing it or else we get a lot of you said X, I wants it NOW!!!

6) When are u going to respect pple who paid for this game, u demand respect but dont respect each others.

I think its enough for begin, do it what i wrote and then except respect from pple, who bought this game for PvP not PvE or WvWvW.

i got your answers bro:

1) soon
2) pretty soon
3) in a bit
4) sooner than later
5) soon
6) not soon enough

we have a lot more awesome stuff too but cant talk about it for another 3 months

Thats the sad true:(

in PvP

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

You’re on the precipice of losing your PVP community Jon.

This update best bring a change to sPVP, I’m sorry if I come across as harsh, but after 5 months of sterile PVP you can understand our indignation.

The original crowd that flooded into the PvP content at release is virtually gone with only a small portion of people left who have stuck around. At this point, I personally think it’s more about building a new base of players rather than trying to salvage those who are left. It’s a question of how long will it be before all the necessary features are added before the masses will start becoming reinvested in s/tPvP. I really hope these updates will revive the interest in what this game has to offer.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Been trying to do FREE tournaments for the last 2 hours. Average wait time is 15 minutes. All matches I had were 4v4 or 3v4. Good on you Anet!

You live in some hellhole for sure. Average time here is 2-3 minutes for free’s even paids pop in max 10 minutes at about 17-24 gmt time.

Im afraid you are wrong.
Right now in EU servers: 19.40gmt+1 and only 2 teams (crs &up) in queue for 30 mins. No one else queued today

Wake up guys, we are not trying to become e-sports, we are trying to save the pvp in this game.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

This ship is going down fast like Trion/Rift…Expecting staff cuts soon. How soon? I can’t tell you as I don’t want to ruin the surprise.

rift is one of the only mmos since wow to maintain a subscription fee for coming on 2 years now (march 2011 release). I wouldnt say they failed.

You’re not currently playing. Their ongoing development is in the dumps atm.

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

Good to hear a staff response for this.

This ship is going down fast like Trion/Rift…Expecting staff cuts soon. How soon? I can’t tell you as I don’t want to ruin the surprise.

That’s a pretty serious thing to say and it doesn’t make a whole lotta logical sense. They’ll likely be seeing staff cuts/transfers if they either give up on sPvP or when development of sPvP is in a healthy and stable state. Right now, the game has far too much potential for them to give up on it.

The pvp playerbase is dwindling down to near nothing. With no revenue coming in from that section do you think any company is going to continue to throw good money after bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Bulldozer.5973

Bulldozer.5973

But the game was already released and has sold most of its copies. Why would they want to dump more resources into improving a game that has already sold its copies and has very little potential for increasing revenues when they could just dump their resources into GW3 or whatever other release they are planning in the future?

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

Please stop the negativity. The game was forced to be rushed, but chill. They’re currently looking to expand the staff rather than making staff cuts.

Since you asked politely, I’ll kindly decline. No thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

But the game was already released and has sold most of its copies. Why would they want to dump more resources into improving a game that has already sold its copies and has very little potential for increasing revenues when they could just dump their resources into GW3 or whatever other release they are planning in the future?

You are misunderstanding the monetization strategy of GW2. This game isn’t designed as a throwaway game like a FIFA or the latest Assassins Creed, where next installment is always just a year away. Instead, the idea is to build GW2 as a platform, make it popular, and keep selling DLC, add-ons, cash shop knick-knack, and whatever for the next, say 5 years. There won’t be a GW3 anytime soon. “Dumping more resources into improving the game” is the only option ANet has to make this game a successful investment.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

rift is one of the only mmos since wow to maintain a subscription fee for coming on 2 years now (march 2011 release). I wouldnt say they failed.

2+ years of subscription model is not a failure imo compared to games that had bigger initial sales and went F2P in under a year. Even if they went F2P right now I wouldnt consider it a failed game, 2 years is a good run in this industry.

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

2+ years of subscription model is not a failure imo compared to games that had bigger initial sales and went F2P in under a year.

I would agree, but I’m also saying that currently they are going in the wrong direction. It all started when they closed the door on the previously open dialogue with the player base.

Take a look at it now. It’s terrible.

in PvP

Posted by: illdeath.9617

illdeath.9617

NA sPvP is dead if a couple of teams don’t play one night no paids, i have never in the history of gaming ever not been able to pvp or play during the holidays because of such a severe lack of player base. I am currently not logging into gw2 anymore because im tired of playing against the same teams every night and gaining nothing from it but QPs which wont mean anything because if a monthly tournament ever came out there probably wont be enough people to get it started. I will however come back to gw2 when ever anet does something to bring back some players because this game in its current state is unplayable which is sad because i really like it. maybe the jan/feb pvp updates can do this but i have my doubts but either way it should not have taken this long. look at firefall for example i am not a big fan of this game but it is currently still in beta and has EVERYTHING gw2 should have and already has a 1 million dollar prize pool tournament set up for shortly after release. explain how an indie company was able to pull this off when anet which has made the most anticipated game of 2012 cant? Rant ended good luck to you anet ill be back when or if anything gets done.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

because they care about their current game and its community. hard to grasp, i know.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: ZenoSpyridon.1396

ZenoSpyridon.1396

I completely agree with this post, but the problem goes deeper.

I’m just a bit worried by the direction of what’s announced.

Most of the features are supporting paid tournaments etc, which is great for high-end play.

But you need to build a house from the ground up. You need the game stable outside of a highly competitive aspect before you can get the competitive aspect working nicely.

We simply don’t have the amount of PvP players for a good competitive ladder right now. The PvP needs to be catered to being fun for everyone and get the player base up and then the competitive features would be ideal to add. And to address that, we need to address the modes being offered to the players.

Even what this post is asking for isnt going to get more people playing tournaments, we need appropriate methods for players to learn the game and move up the skill curve before they can be comfortable doing tournaments. Hot join is a horrible failure.

GW1 already provided solutions for this problem… This is supposed to be Guild Wars! We need to bring the GW1 PvP features back and THEN work on paid tournaments and all these other competitive features once you have the players back!

(edited by ZenoSpyridon.1396)

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

@Reroll
Awesome post which basically proves how unsustainable the tournament system is for retaining new teams and players. Its next to impossible for someone to try to learn the game efficiently.

Hardly anyone is willing or can even afford the time or money it takes to queue up for paids.

And Anet is always responding with the same one sentence vague answers because they are paranoid about bad PR when literally every single thread on the sPvP forum is demanding answers. You have a game that sold like 2 million copies, yet can barely find 40 people to queue up for competitive pvp in a game that was marketed as an Esport.

Stop drinking the company kool-aid already.

(edited by Jacobin.8509)

in PvP

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

Good to hear a staff response for this.

That’s a pretty serious thing to say and it doesn’t make a whole lotta logical sense. They’ll likely be seeing staff cuts/transfers if they either give up on sPvP or when development of sPvP is in a healthy and stable state. Right now, the game has far too much potential for them to give up on it.

The pvp playerbase is dwindling down to near nothing. With no revenue coming in from that section do you think any company is going to continue to throw good money after bad?

Esports done properly really does bring in lots of media attention, new players and usually truck loads of money, so in terms of the long term, yes it is worth the investment but it is a significant investment at the start.

There are a lot of other issues to them gaining players and making money though.
The a large box price for those that just want a lobby experience is too much, either lower the cost of the spvp portion on it’s own(5-10) or make it free, you could still have the option to buy the whole experience later on for a reduction in cost. They should be focusing on gaining a population and they are competing with many multiplayer games that are free or incredibly cheap.

Also scrap town clothes – looks are still important but most of everything in the game and cash shop is useless. The change to viewing players in matches was a good change but this needs more

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in PvP

Posted by: Flaux.7154

Flaux.7154

The fact that they said that they would release this game “when it’s ready” was a complete lie. We knew based on an NCSoft financial report from like 2 years ago that Guild Wars 2 was expected by the third quarter of 2012. They shouldn’t have released the game, it was obviously ‘not’ ready. That was their whole drive for calming down eager fans that wanted to play the game.

I want to play GW2!
“when it’s ready”
But I want to play it noowwwwww!
“when it’s ready”
But I saw the previews and the game is so awesome….o plz o plz o plz!
“when it’s ready”

Once people got used to the idea that Anet really did want their game to be perfect “at launch”, well, we gave mad props to Anet for the dedication that they put into the game.

I’m not saying that they haven’t worked their assess off. I’ve seen interviews of some of the developers who looked so pale and tired but were also very honest and excited about their progress with the game. I’m just kitten off that they gave in to a deadline, when they should have stuck to their initial guns, and released the bloody game when everything was finished.

sPvP is a joke. You players out there that are still trying to defend anet. Stop it. Serious. They know it wasn’t ready, they should have hired more people or delayed the release. That’s all they needed to do. They’re making a killing in sales, it’s not like they would have been stretched thin on funding beforehand.

Make sure to +1 this post. Cheers.

I can’t chase you down, stop running away from me!
Swords of Villianousity [SoV] ~ SoS

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

I was thinking lately of what was the real cause of so many people leaving this game. It surely isn’t class balance, because balance is one of the rare things they actually did right in my opinion, more or less. Yeah, there are a few things which should be looked into, but nothing too hard. Nope, it’s definitely not combat system, as it would probably shine in different game mod, say, kill the lord, or something like that(or any GW1 mode). I don’t even think it’s because of only one game mode.

What really is a problem that this game mode is conquest, hold the point, or whatever it’s called, and it’s probably the most boring game mod they could come up with. Boring to play after a while, since things got stale pretty fast, and so boring to watch. They wanted to introduce new system, without holy trinity, and I really support that, but that’s not what this game mode supports. It seems that you all of the teams are just playing with bunkers and roamers, most of the time glass, or semi glass cannons. Nobody wants to watch a game where 2 people are most of the time just standing in one place, and it’s quite boring for those players too. There are just a few viable team comps, and profession builds, so there is very little customization, even though this game clearly has potential for some crazy combinations, simply because it removed holy trinity, at least on paper. But, as I already said, this game mode doesn’t let players to use this system to its full potential.

There are only a few maps, and constant map rotation in tournaments, instead of it being randomized, which would brake staleness at least to some degree.

Ladders, and ranking system is just a tip of an iceberg, as you like to say it, of problems this game got in with, and mostly because you are still pairing pugs with organized teams. It’s a boring experience for both of them, and there isn’t enough challenge to learn from. I remember, while my team(or rather a team which I played with) was still active, that it was extremely boring to play against pugs, but also against teams that were clearly much better than us. We were stomping, and were being stomped by better teams, but there were only a few situations where it was a close game, like 500 498-499, or so. In fact, we only had 3 of those situations, even though we had around 350 games in free tournaments(paid ones weren’t there yet), one against some french guys in FoN, and 2 more in LoF, where we had a major comeback, even though we were losing by 150 points or so, and were in the middle of the match time wise.

So, instead of forcing current mode, there is an urgent need for something more like GW1 mods, which would let us come up with bigger variety of useful builds and team comps, and which would let your no – holy trinity system actually shine. I recently played DotA 2, and they don’t have clear trinity system either. You don’t have dedicated healers and so on. They got gankers, initiators, support, semi-tanks, and so on, so it is clear that this kind of system can really work greatly. You just have to give it some space, a game mode which would let it come to its full potential.

in PvP

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

I hope " if " matchmaking would be added, it would not be used with filters to split new people and experienced people.
There is a hot join mode that allows people getting experience, also custom arenas would help. It is supposed to have a matchmaking with an elorating ladder system, so when a premade group wants to play rated game, they should be aware of the possibility to get a match against everyone who also want to play a rated game.

JS can you tell us your opinion?

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

in PvP

Posted by: Baba Baba Ba.9810

Baba Baba Ba.9810

Hey everybody!

I just want to state that i basically sign everything stated in this thread, concerning the problems that Spvp has atm.

I just want to throw in my 2 cents.

I played competetive Spvp for quite a while, but me, my team, and it feels my entire server have given up on this game. (I play on Abbaddon’s Mouth [DE]).

The reasons why this happens, have been stated multiple times in this thread.
The Community is dying! i swear to you, this is not a joke, you are loosing the pvp community, day after day.

The project “E-Sport GW2” is allready dead. You can’t “bring people back” from MOBAs, RTS’, and FPSs, just by making a good update.

You waited too long for “fixing the pvp”, you kittened it up. That’s just how it is, and there is no denying in it.

I personally love GW2, love how it is done, the game in it’s whole is a great thing, but guys… maybe a change of personnel in the PvP Section would be worth considering? :S

in PvP

Posted by: QSatu.1586

QSatu.1586

So according to many pvp in gw2 is dead. I agree. Why are you asking for all those updates then? I don’t think that even a perfect pvp update can help pvp now. people won’t come back unless ANet start making some big tournaments and I seriously doubt they will be spending that much money on it. So what is even a point of trying to reanimate something which is dead. ANet move those resources to pve and wvw where people actually play and you can get some money back. B/c you won’t be earning your investments back from those 200 players playing spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

You’d be shocked if you knew how many players would return to pvp if it had a proper matchmaking system. Obviously we’ll keep hoping.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

You’d be shocked if you knew how many players would return to pvp if it had a proper matchmaking system. Obviously we’ll keep hoping.

Agreed, it’s very easy to get back into a free to play game. It’s only a matter of time. Although that’s no excuse for some of the stuff that has happened obviously.

in PvP

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

I am adding to this thread because Anet HAS and is still failing all of us.

FIRST and foremost everyone should be as enraged as I am. Dsquaredcri.9421 was “infracted” for making this post. Crazy that Anet punishes us for calling them out.

Grow up Anet and fix your game. You can “infract” us but we will keep calling you out. You can’t shut all of us up. Fix your game in a way that we want it or you will soon find NO community left.

Second, stop with the stupid answer of soon. Give us a timeline and explain every detail as well as why it didn’t follow the time line. Take some accountability. Stop stringing us along. If you lost of your engineers then hire more…DUH…end of story. You want money from us then you will have to spend money and time. You won’t get our money, support or love without you putting a heck of a lot more effort into this game.

Lastly, you say you want to be an E-sport and we want it just as bad if not more, (me personally) but you have yet to really show us what you are willing to do to make that happen. Until I see credible evidence that you are trying to make this an E-Sport game I and MOST people will not believe you.

Stop destroying your credibility and our trust. Give us the game you promised us and we will shower you will money. If you don’t then you will be thrown aside like so many other LACKING games.

in PvP

S H A K U R AS.9536

ah and last thing, I wait for this “big” January update made by 2 PvP designers, with so big team for sure it will be hmmm:
-5 PvE skills balanced from each class
-1 new map for pvp, with new system, capture the point! Cause pple love AB.
and many promise! Cause PvE make more money, so we need to fix bugs on dungeons first, pvp pple can wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

I am adding to this thread because Anet HAS and is still failing all of us.

FIRST and foremost everyone should be as enraged as I am. Dsquaredcri.9421 was “infracted” for making this post. Crazy that Anet punishes us for calling them out.

Grow up Anet and fix your game. You can “infract” us but we will keep calling you out. You can’t shut all of us up. Fix your game in a way that we want it or you will soon find NO community left.

Second, stop with the stupid answer of soon. Give us a timeline and explain every detail as well as why it didn’t follow the time line. Take some accountability. Stop stringing us along. If you lost of your engineers then hire more…DUH…end of story. You want money from us then you will have to spend money and time. You won’t get our money, support or love without you putting a heck of a lot more effort into this game.

Lastly, you say you want to be an E-sport and we want it just as bad if not more, (me personally) but you have yet to really show us what you are willing to do to make that happen. Until I see credible evidence that you are trying to make this an E-Sport game I and MOST people will not believe you.

Stop destroying your credibility and our trust. Give us the game you promised us and we will shower you will money. If you don’t then you will be thrown aside like so many other LACKING games.

I would like to add…

Stop saying “Short answer is we are listening to you and you will hear more soon.” It makes you look stupid. I would also suggest firing that guy as well if that’s the best response he has…over and over and over.

in PvP

Dsquaredcri.9421

So according to many pvp in gw2 is dead. I agree. Why are you asking for all those updates then? I don’t think that even a perfect pvp update can help pvp now. people won’t come back unless ANet start making some big tournaments and I seriously doubt they will be spending that much money on it. So what is even a point of trying to reanimate something which is dead. ANet move those resources to pve and wvw where people actually play and you can get some money back. B/c you won’t be earning your investments back from those 200 players playing spvp.

Poeple quit the game cause no competitivity, no feature like matchmaking+ladder,no more fun.

So people who quits and as i wrote before, the entire community of gw1 will buy the game, if a matchmaking+ladder would be implemented. I guarantee that cause i spoken to many of old gw1 players.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubajz.3290

Rubajz.3290

+1 For this thread.
I was patient when the first whiners started to show on forums and really thought anet is going to care about spvp. But somewhere after last “huge balance patch” wich was just fancy name for fiddling with underwater skills I started to lose hope. I bough this game because pvp and juicy promises about how this game is aimed to be esport etc. and to be fair, the pvp system and balance is best in any mmo i played so far, but without care from devs it means nothing.

In my opinion the only way how can GW2 get saved from oblivion is spvp side of the game and subsequent esport. Almost nobody will buy this game after one year for pve, which is good and all, but it gets old very fast and there is no really huge challenge for players like, for example raiding in wow. On the other hand, if this game gets succesful in esports, people will buy it long after release like SC and SC:BW.

And I really think this game have potential to show up on WCG sometime in the future, but what it needs right now is constant focus on spvp from anet side. I am imagining something like Dota2 in MMORPG coat. The game is in beta, it is free and yet have absolutely perfect system for creating matches, observing, monetizing gameplay and so on.

I really want you get it right anet, but as i said, I am losing hope. February patch will be essential and if you dont deliver, lot of players will abandon this ship.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

It’s really cute for OP to be infracted. I don’t know why they just haven’t made HoH/HA from GW1 along with GvG (this would even justify the name you put on this game). It’s fairly obvious what needed to be done since release, and only now is anet supposedly stumbling upon the answers we will have to wait to hear/see.

I remember the first time I was in a group in HoH and held it, literally one of my most memorable moments from any game, and when I finally got /tiger, another most memorable moment from ANY game. Also, when the guild I LOVED playing with got silver trim, and later gold, or having to learn all the different maps/modes for HoH/GvG. Pure un-adulterated love for the game (GW1), there is none of any of that in this game, sometimes I wonder if the same company made it.

in PvP

Posted by: Baba Baba Ba.9810

Baba Baba Ba.9810

Okay i just want to BUMP this thread. It’s too important to get lost in the pages here, and we’re still promised a proper response from the Staff.

Also, why the heck thit the OP get infracted? This is actually quite a mystery to me…

in PvP

Posted by: mschanda.4027

mschanda.4027

First, this thread has my support. Actually this is my first post, but hey, there is a first for everything. I played GW 1 for such a long time, more than 3000hrs i think, it was awesome! I also remember the first time we held HoH and when i got the tiger emote…. There was a huge player base, even years after the release. You should know best, and ask yourselves, why did so many already quit pvp by now? what did we do wrong?
I hope you will find the answer, really. We all know, that we need a ladder for long term motivation and a spectator mode, but thats not enough. What we need are new game modes, so that we get more build variety. Give it a go, just try something new…we will tell you if its good or not ( and take a look at GW1, what u can transfer from there, i just loved it. not everythings has to be reinvented).
After all im looking forward to monday and hope we get some news from JS.

(edited by mschanda.4027)

in PvP

Posted by: ZenoSpyridon.1396

ZenoSpyridon.1396

It’s really cute for OP to be infracted. I don’t know why they just haven’t made HoH/HA from GW1 along with GvG (this would even justify the name you put on this game). It’s fairly obvious what needed to be done since release, and only now is anet supposedly stumbling upon the answers we will have to wait to hear/see.

I remember the first time I was in a group in HoH and held it, literally one of my most memorable moments from any game, and when I finally got /tiger, another most memorable moment from ANY game. Also, when the guild I LOVED playing with got silver trim, and later gold, or having to learn all the different maps/modes for HoH/GvG. Pure un-adulterated love for the game (GW1), there is none of any of that in this game, sometimes I wonder if the same company made it.

Yeah, I made a post the other day about how I wish for GW1 style PvP.

But as mentioned before, you need to build a house from the ground up, and HoH/GvG was not where it started. Most players progressed through Random and Competitive arenas before they got there.

And those arenas are a more realistic expectation right now. Not only would it require a minimal amount of development work to create, but it would work fine on the majority of the maps that are in game atm without any tweaking whatsoever aside from removing NPC’s/buffs/special mechanics.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

I strongly believe we pretty much know what is comming. It was mentioned by Jonathan in few threads and also in first GW2GURU state of the game disscussion.

The main issue here is

When its comming?
and maybe even more important
In what form it is comming? Will Anet try to stay with tournament system? or will we see 1v1 queue? or system that is more like GW1? or something totaly different? Will Anet have enough courage to rewamp their hot-join, free and paid tournaments?

Also one interesting question is
Why the hell any reaction is taking so long? We know since start of PAID tournaments that they are very very limited and they are not really working for premades well.. So why why why? till now nothing (or almost nothing) has ben done in order to move premades from free to paid – and yea, im talking about entry fee here..
As a short term solution going from 5 ticket entry fee to 3 ticket. Or giving as reward for free tournament winn 5 ticket instead of one will have immediatelly simle effect.. and that will be – more PREMADES in paids while less premadess in free tournaments.
Why there has ben nothing done in this?

in PvP

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

I sign in under most of the thing i saw here, and i have rly great hopes about this january and february patch.

ANET! I’m counting on u!
ANET! I bet my money on u!
ANET! I have keep my fingers crossed!
ANET! I want GW2 to succed so bad! I want to play this game for years!
…dont disappoint your fans

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Anyway, don’t get your hopes up for january. Colin said in another thread Jan will be rather small. So it’ll be febr/march.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Dsquaredcri.9421

Anyway, don’t get your hopes up for january. Colin said in another thread Jan will be rather small. So it’ll be febr/march.

We will be very happy to have something new in feb/march too!
Simply better than nothing have..

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

thats true..

but only paid tournaments entry fee reduction would do a magic in our game right now..

just saying.. its not so hard to do it.. like change 1 number in database..

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

just like everyone was happy with the major balance patch that wad 90% water ability tweaks.

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

but only paid tournaments entry fee reduction would do a magic in our game right now..

just saying.. its not so hard to do it.. like change 1 number in database..

Change ONE number somewhere (hopefully you did your refactoring properly so it really comes down to this) and the queues won’t stop popping.

Maybe you could reconsider the rewards of free tournaments also, give two Tickets to the winner, and one to 2nd place.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayame.3120

Ayame.3120

I’m feeling like things won’t change at all till next PvE expansion, please prove me i’m wrong.

When the official GW2 release?

in PvP

Posted by: Air Rage.4870

Air Rage.4870

If an improvement isn’t made by Feb/March I think that’ll be the final straw for a lot of people, well for me anyhow I’ve been a huge fan of GW since 05 but this is just unacceptable. Get some serious PVP updates PVE has had enough of them for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The problem is not as much at the top, as it is at the bottom. sPvP aren’t losing players because the top players are leaving, as much it’s losing players because there aren’t any new players coming into it.

For the love of everything that is good; remove 8v8 from sPvP, and make a proper match up system for casual 5v5. There is nothing structured about 8v8. It’s a zerg fest, and for no good reason. All it does is give new players a false impression of what sPvP is like. Then, make ladder, matchmaking, and spectator mode. And then work on making sPvP, not only interesting to play, but also interesting to watch. Make people love sPvP, even if they don’t like playing it. Celebrate the top tPvP players and promote them, so new sPvP players have someone they can look up to, and aspire to become as good as.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I volunteer to be the object of celebration.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Air Rage.4870

Air Rage.4870

The problem is not as much at the top, as it is at the bottom. sPvP aren’t losing players because the top players are leaving, as much it’s losing players because there aren’t any new players coming into it.

For the love of everything that is good; remove 8v8 from sPvP, and make a proper match up system for casual 5v5. There is nothing structured about 8v8. It’s a zerg fest, and for no good reason. All it does is give new players a false impression of what sPvP is like. Then, make ladder, matchmaking, and spectator mode. And then work on making sPvP, not only interesting to play, but also interesting to watch. Make people love sPvP, even if they don’t like playing it. Celebrate the top tPvP players and promote them, so new sPvP players have someone they can look up to, and aspire to become as good as.

You should work for Anet in the PVP development team. Once they form one.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I believe in Jonathan Sharp. One day he will become Tyria’s Phreak.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Sad to say it but I really do think they need to put in some 3v3 and 5v5 death match maps in play. I did a ton of conquest during beta but hardly any in live since it just becomes dull after awhile.

There is a huge market for players out there that just. want. to. fight.

Quite a few of them have transitioned away from sPvP to WvW where you actually can find small group versus small group death match fights in the middle of all of the zerging.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in PvP

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

I’m anxious to see their news post on what we can expect for the next 6 months or so that’s said to come about within the first half of January. Maybe we’ll get a better idea at exactly how long and if we’ll have the proper PvP features to make a healthy, fun addition to the game. I’m really starting to think that if the Feb/March release doesn’t pan out as we hope for, we probably won’t see any redefining PvP updates until a new expansion. =/

in PvP

Dsquaredcri.9421

I think it’s time to hear Jonathan Sharp.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Are we expecting a post from Mr Sharp sometime soon then? It’s Monday morning in NA right now isnt it?