State of the game - 06-09-13 -

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Do they notice how many teams are breaking up and quitting this game until it’s better balanced or just not coming back at all?

Do they notice that solo queue is making the community even more antisocial?

Do they notice that creativity actually holds you back as a player, instead of copying and pasting?

Do they notice that there are still bugs all over the place in PvP and that the new maps they’ve made are the ones people don’t want in solo queue?

Do they notice that their dishonor system isn’t stopping any of the leavers? Will they consider immediate punishments for any leavers, including D/Cs?

Isn’t it obvious that balancing three game modes at once is not working and hasn’t worked from day 1? PvE and WvW share crafting and gear so why not just split them off and have a team dedicated to PvP balance?

Isn’t it obvious that an overhaul of class balance and mechanics is needed? The counterplay is awful, 90% of the traits, runes, and sigils are not viable, and the vast majority of utilities are never going to be brought to a competitive match. That’s awful.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Posted by: lynnhood.8270

lynnhood.8270

Here is my question:

Would a significant increase in the population that regularly plays tPvP (no matter how or why that comes about) trigger more resources being alotted to the sPvP development team?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

My question: Can you give us a clear blogpost about what to expect on the competitive side of gw2 (feature-wise)? Emphasis on ‘clear’.

So what I’d not like to hear: “Yes, we wanna do this and that. Yes, we’re talking about this and that. Yes, we would like to do something like that in the future.” A clear answer, please.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Clearly an underdog in here as no one takes a second look at guardians anymore, but.

With the emergence of Warrior healing signet/Adrenal health builds, and the large influx of HP per second with an already sizeable HP pool, are there plans to relook at the guardian mechanics of self sustain?

Guardians have a lower health pool because of the slated “boon centric figher”, who makes up for " a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve."

This is clearly not the case now, as the guardian has to invest a lot of resources to make virtue of resolve useful for inbound heals per second, which limits builds to focus on healing power and not other stats.

Virtue of Resolve and possibly Writ of the Merciful, maybe prime targets to receive an increase in base healing to put this back on track with the original statements of health renewal makes up for lower HP.

Additionally this may open up build diversity if people are less worried about a lower health pool and lack of survival out of bunker set ups.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Ask them whether or not they think that necro is ‘slightly’ op.

in PvP

Posted by: Edragor.9164

Edragor.9164

Same Player size?
At least enlarge Asuras for solo/team matches…
but imho would be best to have ALL races shareing the same player size in solo/team matches and optionally for custom arenas.
AND reduce pet sizes while your at it…

Tab option to ignore pets?
Necros, rangers,mesmers and engis are very annoying to fight against. Tabbing through all those pets/turrets.
In addition their “stuff” is cluttering the screen and you cant even select them via click in that mess. (especially if those classes are asura…) For mesmer clones its kinda ok (…i guess), cuz its part of their meta and engis turrets are not moving, which kinda makes it less troublesome…
Still, it gives them a distinct advantage, doesnt it??…

Option to ignore 1 or 2 maps?
Why not let players decide to individually opt out 1 or 2 maps in the solo/team ranked games rota,which they dont like / want to play at all?
I personally hate the spirit watch orb meta and even if i like sky hammer for its jumping pads, I believe it favors ranged classes too much…

Does MMR actually work in solo?
Playing at 50-65% and got a pvp level 1 char in our team. Glory rank doesnt equals skill…but kinda makes me wonder how he got at this rating with only lvl1…

Faster rank decay
I am only casually playing, still i believe there should be a faster decay on your ranking. Players with only 10-20 games played since solo matches were released, but still reside in the top 100 …seems wrong…
MMR itself shouldnt decrease fast or not at all, but you should “fight” for staying on your ladder position way more regularly.

Queing in for a particular custom arena(s)?
Dont want to hot-join ANY map, but for example a particular 3v3 DM arena or maybe the arena where someone I know is currently playing… WITHOUT haveing to sit and wait (and maybe miss) a free slot on that particular custom arena i would like to play on.
Useing the same que system like in ranked matches with the option to register for instant-fight OR spectator. The former would put you directly into a team as soon as a place would be free.

Make fun-maps accessible in custom arenas
Dragon bash, snowball mayhem were kindy cool and funny game modes/maps, why arent we allowed to play them in spvp custom arenas?!…

Skins tied to ladder rank
Why not have skins/equip which is tied directly to your CURRENT ladder rank (10-20% steps)? As soon as you drop in ladder rank you wont be able to use those skins/eqip.
i.e. Skins for the Top 100. If your rank drops to 101 or worse you cant equip it until you get back to 100 or better again.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

“Not everyone can do everything”, a common idea proposed from the devs of Guildwars 2. So staff eles can’t play pvp as the weapon is better suited for PvE etc etc. I believe that analogy is bad, if I want to use a Staff in PvP why can’t it be as strong (even if in a different field) as using D/D or S/D? Having each weapon for each class usable in pvp would open up more build diversity, as atm its S/D or D/D eles and that’s about it (a focus here and there).

If “Not everyone can do everything”, I guess that not everyone can be seen. In relation to Asura (brought up again here and by many other players already), do you have any ideas or thoughts in place on fixing their size? A suggestion was the fun box that makes them large, or a checkbox in the options that normalises character sizes (for friend and foe). This has been a big issue since the launch of GW2 and was even brought up in the BWEs.

Quality of Life improvements:
Shift clicking a spell links that skill in an open text chat (where you can continue to write). Can this be removed when in combat or turned off in the options? While I have all my skills bound where I can easily access them … I live in Aus so every now and then I need to repeatedly press the skill for it to fire (even instant casts). If I happen to be pressing shift at the same time …. well my chat is filled with all sorts of fun and I usually die.

Fast Ground Targets:
There is a bug with fast cast ground targets. If you hover over your character when cast, the ground target can activate on your target not where your mouse is pointing. This is a big issue when trying to use Gyser to heal (as an example).

SoloQ issues:
The dishonourable system implemented, while a step in the right direction, does not infer the wrath of Dhumm on anyone. Many players still leave games, or go afk during matches. Are their any plans to tighten the dishonourable system or put in report afk? Is it possible for the system to be tweaked to 1 leave = 10 minute pvp lock, 2 = 30min, 3 = 1 hour? After 3 it stacks up to 24 hours?

Tickets
The original tournament system (paid tournaments) had a reasonable system in place, you had to pay to play. Is there anyway this could make a return, though modified. Tickets should be easier to come across in standard play and entering a tournament shouldn’t cost very many. This could help to stop people starting alt accounts and trolling pvp (esp on free weekends) and help reduce trolls who want to ruin peoples days with their 5x games wrecked per 24 hours. A win in Solo / Team Q should result in enough tickets to play another match (not some random chance ticket).

There have been many suggestions on how to elevate the leaver situation in solo Q. Such as bringing in another member, or even a volunteer system for the opposite team to leave the match and possibly gain rank. Even a system where losing a 4v5 (when you are down) that prevents your rating from being lost (after all a 4v5 is so unfair it isn’t funny). Another option was a buff or reduction to the lesser or higher team respectfully.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Pls, really pls, fix broken/brainless mechanics on EVERY class:

- CC lock —> immunity CC buff?
- evade skills with perma evade --> evade skills consume endurance?
- instant damage no predictable —> casting time + good animations?
- passive damage effects --> a warning icon?
- auto-ress —> toss elixir r with less % and ranger can’t ress himself if he is downed?
- aoe stealth --> nerf Shadow refuge and combo stealth duration
- animations —> use better animations for many classes (necro anyone?)
- asura – a graphic option where people can see everyone with a standard human model? or re-size asura in pvp.

Other stuff

solo queue issues -> rank decay, don’t let people lose ranks if they stay in 3-4 but punish (heavily) only the leaver. Ready button to solve afk problems?

PvP rewards

Etc.

C’mon.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

TGSlasher.1458

solo queue issues -> rank decay, don’t let people lose ranks if they stay in 3-4 but punish (heavily) only the leaver. Ready button to solve afk problems?

Make a very “special hell” … for leavers and people who talk in the cinema.

Basically … que leavers together, and make the game start with less then 10, if it cant find 10 leavers. That will stick it up em.

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

To SteppenWolf / SotG guests:

While balance is certainly in a bad spot, I would hope that talking about balance doesn’t take up the entire hour. I’m sure that they are aware of the current meta and are making steps to change it. In terms of class balance, the questions I’m most curious are
1) Are there any plans to give classes viable (and powerful) alternative roles? Or will Guardian be the only choice for midpoint bunker until the end of time?
2) Are there any plans to decrease the efficacy of passive play builds? Do you, the developers, think that the power of a passive build should be as high or higher than an active build?
3) Are you being cautious with further updates to avoid power creep? No one likes being nerfed but most would prefer it to a continual leap-frog-power-creep balance system.

With that out of the way, I think the most important questions are about viewership and longevity, as balance fluctuates constantly. Please spend the most time talking about the future and direction of the game. For example,
1) What are your plans to increase the playerbase? I believe many of the problems with matchmaking/skill curve (and other issues) would be more or less solved with a larger playerbase.
2) Where is the revamped reward system you’ve talked about for months?
3) Introducing unique finishers to PvP seemed like a great way to create revenue for this portion of the game. Were they successful in that regard and will you continue to find ways to create PvP microtransactions so that PvP can have a higher budget?
4) Are there any plans to redo the scoreboard to provide better information?
5) Any plans to make a smoother introduction to PvP for new players? I have multiple friends who have been consistently frustrated by the massive skill curve in the game and refuse to play. Maybe an increased playerbase is the answer?
6) Would you consider adding a feature that allows a player to normalize all enemy models in order to read cast animations more clearly?
7) Build templates? Please?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! Hope to hear some of these questions addressed.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Can you please bring up stealth. Why blocking attacks doesn’t proc any revealed? Why revealed is only 3s in wvw (not relevant to tPVP but devs never comment on balance outside of this forum)? Why it can be stacked for such long duration and not removed unless it runs out/revealed procced?

It’s not something which is discussed a lot, especially with the current meta, but the nature of the mechanic should be brought up at some point…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/

September state of the game.
If you have any questions that you think should be asked in state of the game than feel free to throw it here!

I will read all the questions and pick the most important once, Of course I would like to pick all of them but that won’t be possible

Ask them about when if ever they going to fix this 10month old bug
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Tournament-chests-and-transferring-between-server-regions/first#post382353

Won’t get chest until you have more EU wins than NA after transfer. In my case I need over 2,600+

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

+9000 what TGslasher said^^

let them burn in hell

in PvP

Posted by: flo.2048

flo.2048

-They need to remove inactive players from leaderboards because they just don’t play to stay top 3 or top 10…

-Ask them about build diversity and build templates.

-Do they have any plans about creating a soloq “fun” mode without leaderboards ? (Without ranking)

(edited by flo.2048)

in PvP

Posted by: Mirror.7125

Mirror.7125

Ask them, when they wanna get PvP out of Alpha. Or when they actually wanna start working on PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I know they don’t want to split the community. How about adding a Heroes’ Ascent type of game? Needs only 1 que, still has:

1. Progression
  2. Goal (hall of heroes)
  3. Gamemdoe variety
  4. Veterans wouldn’t feel that abandoned with a nod to an old format
  5. Bunkers wouldn’t be necessary and unused skills can make sense.

^This would solve many issues. Just allow solojoin. Formats should be maybe deathmatch, conquest, relic run (with the addition that you have to defend an NPC running your relic, these NPCs could be ‘heroes of old time’, so basically ghosts of GW1 players occassionnaly dropping quotes :P ), King of the hill with immortal ghostly hero that deals no damage but claims the midpoint, however, you can knock him down/daze him and remove his boons. Just ideas, but the concept of HA is what this game needs hard.

Are there any plans to add an observer mode for top rated tournaments?

Any plans to reward wins on high-(invisble..)rating? Would solve inactivity

Any plans to remove hotjoin or reduce the glory gained and keep custom arenas fro training grounds that give no glory?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

There Isent Many spvpers playing Anymore only top teams ,

Achievement points and lack of rewards has made spvp Not worth playing , Also Lack of build diversity n game types makes it get boring really fast

The Cold Hard Truth .. from a guy who used to play a lot of spvp

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

In addition to a lot of good stuff in this thread:

Question: When will we see Unrated tournaments be implemented and Hot-Joins be removed ?
Right now, the environment is not really in favor of new players. With a new reward system on the way, ranks can fulfill a different purpose than now. So Hot-Join kind of becomes unnecessary for various reasons when we have unrated tournaments.

Edit: Forgot to ask too, can we get tutorial servers ? Like maybe even one of each map with an announcer explaining objectives. While there could be a general tutorial server explaining the various things like Stats, trait-system, skills, etc..

(edited by Lady Sara Goldheart.2764)

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Necromancer was fun to play and felt pretty much balanced before changes this spring/summer, except slight sustain problems with DS.

Necro got boosts on some skills which were not really asked for much. And at shortly after some skills which were considered just OK by most were nerfed pretty much into oblivion. Just because new boosts made some metabuilds incredibly strong.

Is there any plans on addressing the real problems necromancer has now like weakness against burst/focus/dying while exiting DS/LF generation being funny at best.. list could go on..

And most of all is DS “dancing” going to be viable in some form again in future now that most of old traits related to it have been shafted directly or indirectly?

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Plz ask why they think its a good idea to have kitten skyhammer in soloQ

thx

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This thread has a LOT of great suggestions for Anet, but it means that actually spvp is really in a alpha/beta status. Too many things they need to fix/modify to improve this game aspect, only chance to do this in a short/medium range is address many resources to pvp team and create a balance team specific designed for spvp.

If they want to push their competitive game aspect to high level, this game need desperately more resources.

I hope now that gw2 has a great pve players base they can spend more resources in spvp game.

A great pvp game attracts a lot of people/viewers but this aspect needs to be REALLY GREAT, not mediocre.

in PvP

TGSlasher.1458

+9000 what TGslasher said^^

let them burn in hell

“So you two were kissing … that’s very special….”

Quotes from one of the better TV shows, Firefly. I would recommend to anyone

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

will state of the game always be strictly pvp based? just curious

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Regarding Elementalist:

1. Will ele be given greater base vitality/hp? I feel our dps and support is not good enough to warrant the game’s lowest hp AND armor, especially when we can’t take advantage of high vit/toughness condition builds like, say, a necro or engie. As it is condition spam + poison which halves our main sustain (healing) hard counters us with such low hp.

2. Will rtl be reverted or at least fixed? Ele mobility took way too hard of a hit when you effectively doubled the cooldown AND shortened the range in one fell swoop. It is unfair that the squishiest class now has the longest cooldown gap closing and escape when going full melee. Looking at a GS warrior or ranger and it’s night and day. It was also mentioned in the last state of the game that blocks or dodges would not put rtl on long cooldown, but that is not the case, causing rtl to go on long cooldown a majority of the time against good players.

3. Will ele conjures be changed to act like engie kits?

4. Will eles get weapon swap? With weapon swap cooldown tied to attunement cooldown (attunement swapping puts weapon swap on full cooldown) there would not be an issue with us being too versatile. Ironically despite our design as “masters of versatility” we are the least versatile/build diverse class and it has everything to do with being pigeonholed to one weaponset (with no tools to fill in the gap like engie, not that we could use many even if conjures were fixed because we are still incredibly reliant on cantrips/stunbreaks, due to aforementioned low hp).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

in PvP

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

Why questions about balance? Balance is an issue, sure, but not most important.

Real issue is lack of freatures (modes, rewards, real team/gvg ladder), lack of a competitive pvp (conquest is not competitive, balance).

After that, i’ve got a few questions:

1. What’s going to do anet to avoid that massive flight of (pvp) players?
2. Why that dev silence? Do they remember that their game has pvp?
3.Why did they say that they’re aware of feedback but when patch comes they ingore it?
4.Why the’re not any pvp update since june? PAX can’t be an excuse.

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

Question: When will we see Unrated tournaments be implemented and Hot-Joins be removed?
Right now, the environment is not really in favor of new players. With a new reward system on the way, ranks can fulfill a different purpose than now. So Hot-Join kind of becomes unnecessary for various reasons when we have unrated tournaments.

+1

Unranked Arena’s would accommodate small casual friend groups. Those who want to play on the same team and learn the basics of tournament play without having to face top tier teams or be paired with uncommunicative glory farming allies.

Right now, there is no place for people who want to play together with one or two friends!

Solo queue? No, you join alone.
Team queue? No, you will face premade five man teams.
Hotjoin? No, I’d like to refer to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Hotjoin-it-is-time-to-let-go/first

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I have one, maybe two questions.

What does Anet plan on doing about massive drop in players in sPvP?

Why should the players that wish to be competitive in this game, Guild Wars 2, stay competitive, and keep playing?

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: helplesssoul.6920

helplesssoul.6920

please ask:

1. Have you watched Helseths Rants of the week?
2. What do you think about the problems he has stated there? (especially current meta)
3. Do you appreciate Helseth doing such videos?

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

When will Fire, Air and Earth Traits become good?
Living Story has 4 teams, when will PvP get one complete team?
When will the dev team realize that turrets, spirit weapons, gadgets and conjure weapons exist?
How long will it take for the team to fix the turret bugs they only recently found out about?

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Mesmer :

Could you impress on devs to move Deceptive Evasion into the Illusions trait line for 20 points. This would really help the class freeing up traits to give it more survivability/viability. There are other things but i think this would be the quickest and easiest fix.

Asura :

Make the blue heal light at least as large as a humans effect. The other animations are also important but this light effect isnt as linked to the model and again easier to fix.

Burn Procs :

Remove them. This game has a design philosophy (not always adhered to) important in this is dodging dangerous attacks. Now unmissable effects like proc on crits go against this. Change the proc to “Your next attack causes burning for Xsecs” give the player a buff (much like the mesmer’s sword #3) this allows for dodging or landing the burning attack on skill and noticing the effect. Other option includes removing the effect entirely and buff base damage of attacks with animations and cooldowns.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

JUST EXPLAIN NECROMANCERS!! seriously, how long do we need to leave this profession totally unbalanced?..they have more durability than tank guardians and more overall D.P.S than the power based warriors..wrap this all up in a ‘light armour’ w/ enormous HP and give it 1200 range..W.T.H were they thinking?

in PvP

Posted by: Frozire.4972

Frozire.4972

Hey, I suggest you read these two posts:

They pretty much sum up why we are not having a SOTG PvE or WvW.

Lead PvP Content Developer @ GuildWars2Guru.com

in PvP

Posted by: Earlsimmons.7490

Earlsimmons.7490

Duel Arenas….only Deathmatch!
Small Teams, maybe customize Servers without ranking J4F
Simple Ranking System:
Your Team starts with 1000Points. +10 for win -10 for loss

:-)

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Hey, I suggest you read these two posts:

They pretty much sum up why we are not having a SOTG PvE or WvW.

Who and how do I approach someone regarding PvE and WvW SOTG hosts? I actually know of a few people that would love to be able to be apart of something like this for those roles.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I want to know their balancing priorities based on what they “know” about the current meta, how they feel about the effects of adding another condition to the game, and why they somehow think that buffing a damage source that requires only one attribute to be effective was somehow a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Are there any plans for introducing seasons in spvp?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

When I play with a group of players and we lose a game, it almost impossible to identify why we lost. We start asking questions “Were you there? Why didn’t you come? Why was that point capped? What happened over there?” There is no transparency or communication of information about what happened after a game is over. The scores on the scoreboard communicate NOTHING to the players at the end about whether or not they were actually effective and responsible for that outcome. If I can’t identify what went wrong, how can I possibly fix it on the individual level and on the group level?

Now, it takes many games of practice and feedback from other players to learn these skills, so it is very tough for this type of information to come firsthand from Arenanet about how to play conquest. But, what Arenanet CAN do is the following.

Please release a proper post-game scoreboard that displays the following things:
A) How many seconds was each point held by Red, Blue, or neutral?
B) How many neutralizes or caps by each player
C) Total damage and received done by each player
D) Damage done to downstate players
E) Total healing done and received by each player
F) Conditions applied/removed/cleansed
G) Boons applied/removed
H) How many stomps, revives, and deaths by each player
I) Special map mechanics: Treb shots fired, orbs ran, npc kills, etc.
J) Whatever else you can think of or other players can

this

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Why can’t we have free discussions on the forums? Not even about a significant person’s leave. He is called Xeph. He was on SOTG too, maybe you rember

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Well it wasn’t even about his leave. That ‘leave’ part was a very small note.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: shamus.5209

shamus.5209

In fact, he rewrote his post such that only relevant constructive criticism/suggestions remain. Too bad all those posts got deleted without so much as a justification stated.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

1. Can we get more stat customization. The amulets feel very restrictive, pulling you toward extreme glass cannon or sponge with no damage output. In addition, many of my casual PvP friends are frustrated that they can’t carry their PvE/WvW build into sPvP because of rigid stat selection and they end up not playing sPvP. Maybe split it into two rings? And change the Knight’s stat to be the same as in PvE.

2. Will we see newer PvE runes and sigils added to sPvP? In particular, the ones from Queen’s Gauntlet (obviously balance perplexity first) and the former magic find runes.

3. Can you give any additional details about the reward system revamp that was hinted at? Will it make playing rated matches worthwhile compared to hot join, including the downtime between rated matches?

4. Will reward revamp include a revamp of the scoreboard? It doesn’t really reflect team contribution and encourages behavior contrary to playing conquest well. For example, multiple people sitting on an uncontested point until it caps.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

When ranger pets will be able to hit while moving/hit moving targets?
Why rangers biggest issues poor pet ai/pathing , horribile f2 responsiveness and bad scaling due to pet has been ignored for a year now?
When will shortbow animation fix be corrected by compensating it damage?

Someone take time how fast they hop through any ranger questions

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Ranger lacks on depth cause of not being able to synergize well with Pet..We dont see what buffs-cond pet has..Some very usefull skills that pet has are totally RNG (Moas got a nice healing that it totally broken)…
Anet you are wrong in not letting us control another skill in pet bar..Every Ranger want it,noone says thats a bad idea.
I cant understand why you are not doing it..
Yes it will raise the skill floor but Ranger got very low skill floor,it requires raising..

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

0.) STAT CUSTOMIZATION
a) Celestial trinket could use a buff ?

1.) ASURA BANNNNN
a) bad for viewers
b) must for players
c) against Anets own logic —-> Spvp = Fair play , equal armor/stats

2.) ON-CRIT PROCS
a) no counter !!!!!!!!
b) 30% burn from 1 trait ? Great, dont even need a freakin dedicated “flamethrover” anymore
c) MOAR passive play

3.) BURNING
a) burst , too much dmg , should be only bonus for power users …. *hence power/duration traitline
b) 4s = 2-3s + reaction time ….. Too short to cleanse , too long eat the dmg

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

What time is this happening today? How come they dont advertise this? Is it because they are embarrassed by how bad the meta is?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

If I recall, it is usually around reset or an hour after, not sure though.

EDIT: "State of the Game going live at 1PM Pacific (20:00 GMT) with Jonathan “Chaplan” Sharp and Josh “Grouch” Davis"

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

When ranger pets will be able to hit while moving/hit moving targets?
Why rangers biggest issues poor pet ai/pathing , horribile f2 responsiveness and bad scaling due to pet has been ignored for a year now?

^this.

also, some necro-related things:
In a previous SotG you stated that you dont want to allow necros to receive heals while in Death shroud because it could make them too strong.
-Is there any chance that at least Lifesteal (and regeneration, maybe) will be enabled while in Death shroud? That lifesteal, as a relatively unique feature of the class, is countered by using the class mechanic is kinda weird.
-Furthermore, what are your thoughts about enabling heals at least partially while in DS? with , let’s say, a 50% heal-reduction, similar to poison, for example?
-What are your thoughts about the blood magic and death magic traitlines? what changes will we see regarding them?
-When will you remove Protection of the horde as a minor trait and replace it with something that is actually useful?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Thanks a million FishBait. Sounds like a good time to take my lunch

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I m pretty sure i ll regret it if i stay awake for this..and for that i wont! Have fun all hearing the same things again