Stealth Bleed Thieves vs Trebuchet in tPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

This is ridiculous. How can a class stealth 80% of the time you are fighting it and then just throw poison and HIGH STACKS OF BLEED at you constantly? I can’t do kitten vs them. Yes, I pack 3 condition removal tools and it’s pointless because they aren’t even out of stealth long enough for me to do anything.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Are you a trap ranger?
No?
Then you dun goof’d.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

That makes no sense…come again?

in PvP

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

That makes no sense…come again?

you can’t F’in target them and they’re burning you with conditions. In other games this is described as hacking. In GW2’s tortured idea of “balance” it’s described as a legitimate build.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

He means that trap rangers are even better at attacking/defending trebs than condition thieves are, which is true. Thieves in general turn the “learning curve” into a “learning right angle,” which is problematic and has probably caused many people to stop playing. There are also some builds/professions that are at a severe disadvantage vs. stealth thieves in a 1v1, because not all builds include AoE or lockdown ability.

All that said, stealth/condition thieves are not gamebreaking. If you don’t have a build that can lock them down and kill them, you should focus on staying alive (they can’t damage you unless you insist on staying in one place) and avoiding 1v1s unless it’s on a point your team controls. Your team will probably win because you’ve negated most of that thief’s effectiveness.

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

This is ridiculous. How can a class stealth 80% of the time you are fighting it and then just throw poison and HIGH STACKS OF BLEED at you constantly? I can’t do kitten vs them. Yes, I pack 3 condition removal tools and it’s pointless because they aren’t even out of stealth long enough for me to do anything.

Let me tell you how to against stealth bleeding thiefs.
- Do not let them be close to your character. The reason why is because they can stealth by using dagger #5, and that’s the only way they can keep stealth. They will remove 1 condition every 3 seconds in stealth so if you run a condi character, you better not let them dagger #5 u a lot. That’s all I can teach you.

btw, stealth bleeding thief is really useless if you do understand what they r doing… it’s a pretty useless build.

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

- Do not let them be close to your character. The reason why is because they can stealth by using dagger #5, and that’s the only way they can keep stealth. They will remove 1 condition every 3 seconds in stealth so if you run a condi character, you better not let them dagger #5 u a lot. That’s all I can teach you.

btw, stealth bleeding thief is really useless if you do understand what they r doing… it’s a pretty useless build.

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

I’m just going to go ahead and say you’re 100% wrong. DD isn’t really used anymore because you have to hit for stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

defeating these builds isn’t about killing them, it’s about making them feel useless.

learn to gain satisfaction from outplaying ppl rather than scoring the killing blow & thieves will take on a new perspective for you.

( 80% stealth uptime != conquest victory )

in PvP

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

I’m just going to go ahead and say you’re 100% wrong. DD isn’t really used anymore because you have to hit for stealth.

D/D might no longer be popular for burst thieves, but what other weapon set allows both bleed stacking and frequent stealthing like the OP was complaining about? The only spammable stealths I’m aware of are finishers + smoke fields and CnD. If you run D/P for the black powder + HS stealth, you don’t have much in the way of bleeds (just utility skills and dodge caltrops). Weapon swap cooldowns rule out black powder → cluster bomb. What am I missing?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

defeating these builds isn’t about killing them, it’s about making them feel useless.

learn to gain satisfaction from outplaying ppl rather than scoring the killing blow & thieves will take on a new perspective for you.

( 80% stealth uptime != conquest victory )

agree.

what is the role of dd condition thief except trolling hard? send ele against that thief, and profit

in PvP

Posted by: EnterRehab.3268

EnterRehab.3268

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

D/D might no longer be popular for burst thieves, but what other weapon set allows both bleed stacking and frequent stealthing like the OP was complaining about? The only spammable stealths I’m aware of are finishers + smoke fields and CnD. If you run D/P for the black powder + HS stealth, you don’t have much in the way of bleeds (just utility skills and dodge caltrops). Weapon swap cooldowns rule out black powder -> cluster bomb. What am I missing?

P/D, #5 is stealth. auto-attack is 1 bleed per hit. Stealth mini-unload is like 5/6 stacks?

See: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlicGW?feature=g-high-lik

Aeilos – 80 Thief – Maguuma [TTK]

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

I guess you are misunderstanding.
First, I did not mention any D/D thief in my post, so I don’t know where is your D/D statement came from.

Second, do not point out others are 100% wrong when you don’t fully understand what they are trying to say.

Third, what I’m saying is about how to against any kind of the bleeding stealth thief, no matter what weapons they are using.

Finally, I know what weapon set is the most popular for bleeding stealth thief, so please, read before reply.

Regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

regards.

Tarcis Rhapsodos.

You use… D/P for bleed Thief then?

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

P/D is awful.
Why? Because the only viable role condi thief can possibly fill is to force a 1v2 on far point to give your team a 4v3 advantage. (Much like bunker Ele)
Without the aoe and evasion of death blossom, you won’t last very long 1v2.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Dairuin.5602

Dairuin.5602

Condi Thief, being low on power, are also VERY slow to actually kill the treb. Especially if they are P/D. Rest assured that the opposing team is relatively gimped by having this sort of thief on their team going after the treb. Staff bunker eles are a similar concept (being extremely hard to kill 1v1) but they kill the treb far faster than a condi thief.

Next time just leave the treb when he shows up, leave him to it and enjoy your 5v4 for the next 2 minutes.

(edited by Dairuin.5602)

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

These thieves seem to just pop up anytime I repair a treb and then harass me for as long as I stick around. Then they kill the treb again. It’s extremely annoying, and I can’t kill them period.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Generally stealth caltrop thiefs are useless bc u cant contest a point in stealth, and they are poo in team fights bc of there low dps.

Going after treb users or defending treb is the only concievable use for them.
Still, pretty useless in organized play all the same i would think. I cant recall the last i lost to a group running a caltrops thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

But D/D can’t stay in stealth so you can easily fight them (unless you’re playing sPvP then D/D all the way, which is probably what you’re talking about anyway), that’s why D/P is the problem, only negative is they don’t have death blossom.
Either way they’re not played in decent tournament matches because they’re not good against roamers or any side point defender, can’t even do decent against a Guardian.