Stop the fuzzing about "no war in pvp"

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you play warrior in ranked, you are being selfish by queuing. Stop dragging down your teammates.

I’m TIRED of this attitude against warriors. We’re doing the best we can with the tools we still have. If you don’t want us on your team, then quit, because we’re NOT going away.

No you’re not doing the best you can. If you were, you would not be playing warrior and dragging down your teammates.

While you’re at it, equip a magi amulet with mace/axe since you think it is funny to grief your team.

EXCUSE me?! I play to have fun. I play to win. I don’t play to grief or give others a hard time. Stop blaming your losses on us and start blaming it on the SYSTEM. You think us warriors like this situation?!

Second, you can sit there and lecture me how to play my class, but I tell you this….I win some and I lose some. My win % is 50% and I’m now currently 7-0. And ONCE AGAIN, I say, yes I’m doing the best I can. You only get better when you challenge yourself, challenge your limits.

You play to have fun by making your team carry you. You push the work to your teammates and give them a hard time. They blame their loss right on you because you think it is funny.

Good job on tanking your mmr, by the way. That would make you feel superior.

Are you truly saying that every loss in pvp with a warrior is always his fault?
Geez you cannot let your hate for the warrior profession and other warriors go can you? It’s a shame that some people in these forums think we’re inherently selfish for playing a certain class. What’s more shameful is you and others’ assumption that we intend to sabotage other players.

If I play without amulet, rune, armor, utility, elite skills, traits and an offhand weapon in ranked on purpose, then am I griefing the team?

on an unrelated note, dude. my main class for pvp was warrior. I dropped when HoT hit. i play it a bit in unranked, & 1v1 with it all the time, but I wouldn’t take it into ranked. ranked is serious. unranked is for goofing.

warrior does nothing for the team that matters & it can’t recover from damage. a warrior has to be carried in teamfights, because he cant heal that 12k trueshot, or that phase smash, or the 10k maul. he just can’t, so someone else has to heal him. we even saw warriors reliance on bunker guard pre HoT.

now everything else people are playing in the meta can burst heal, often AOE burst heal. what can a warrior do that a druid can’t, or that a revenant or scrapper cant? remember warrior is trash teir so even non meta builds from actually good elites will destroy it if played at the same skill level. there is no rational reason to dedicate one of your limited 5 team slots to such a bad class.

on an unrelated note, i really miss stronghold

Fixed. Not sure how your post answer my question.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

If you play warrior in ranked, you are being selfish by queuing. Stop dragging down your teammates.

I’m TIRED of this attitude against warriors. We’re doing the best we can with the tools we still have. If you don’t want us on your team, then quit, because we’re NOT going away.

No you’re not doing the best you can. If you were, you would not be playing warrior and dragging down your teammates.

While you’re at it, equip a magi amulet with mace/axe since you think it is funny to grief your team.

imho, this is a MMO your ment to Stick to one proffession as a main, its not a MoBA where u just click a new god every game, some have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into their main proffessions which range throughout everything.

Ranked or not everyone has the choice of what they are, a Good Warrior is More useful then a Bad Mesmer, most FOTMs reroll from their previous mains and absolutely suck with their new choice, im sorry but there is No winning the war, you either get good at 1-2 Proffessions or u are equally bad at them all, sure in ESL its a different story, but no average player has the level of time as they do to perfect everything.

I will still gladly stand by a Warrior or Thief in SPVP in a ranked team, yes they’re not great no they’re not meta but at the end of the day, its Respectful to reliese when someones got the backbone to grit their teeth through tough times and not give up, warriors are still capable in Low – Average MMR, providing your good at the Proffession, they’re only falling off against Equally skilled players so yes, in Solo queue u can still make use of a Warrior.

every proffession gets nerfed and buffed every proffession sees the bottom of Use, poor balancement isnt the Players fault or the Players grief, maybe your the selfish one for expecting them to give their mains up for your game.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

imho, this is a MMO your ment to Stick to one proffession as a main, its not a MoBA where u just click a new god every game, some have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into their main proffessions which range throughout everything.

In PvP, you get upscaled to level 80, and unlock every trait and skills. There is no excuse to not change profession. Even F2P players have two character slots to freely change.

Ranked or not everyone has the choice of what they are, a Good Warrior is More useful then a Bad Mesmer, most FOTMs reroll from their previous mains and absolutely suck with their new choice, im sorry but there is No winning the war, you either get good at 1-2 Proffessions or u are equally bad at them all, sure in ESL its a different story, but no average player has the level of time as they do to perfect everything.

It depends on the mesmer’s skill level. If the mesmer don’t know how to leave spawn, then the mesmer is a better choice. At least, the mesmer won’t feed the enemy team with points.

I will still gladly stand by a Warrior or Thief in SPVP in a ranked team, yes they’re not great no they’re not meta but at the end of the day, its Respectful to reliese when someones got the backbone to grit their teeth through tough times and not give up, warriors are still capable in Low – Average MMR, providing your good at the Proffession, they’re only falling off against Equally skilled players so yes, in Solo queue u can still make use of a Warrior.

You can do that. As long as there is no warriors in my team, its fine. I need warriors on the enemy team. I like free wins.

every proffession gets nerfed and buffed every proffession sees the bottom of Use, poor balancement isnt the Players fault or the Players grief, maybe your the selfish one for expecting them to give their mains up for your game.

I am not expecting them to give up their mains. I expect them to not use warriors in ranked.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in PvP

Posted by: Xula de Neiva.9508

Xula de Neiva.9508

I still play with a friend who’s warrior. I helped him find what could work and he added his own touch to it. He’s really good at it and enjoys it. Warriors aren’t dead. Just like how thieves aren’t either. Even with other “op” metas, there are ways to counter them. You just need to rework your build. New metas always come.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I have gotten my warrior up to ruby rank, with some thief and necro games sprinkled in there. I will continue to main warrior up to diamond rank. Most warrior kills come from enemy players not knowing how to deal with constant pressure.

IMO the only thing that prevents me from killing people more consistently are the passive procs and heals. 8/10 players get baited into an eviscerate. But due to random class mechanics, the do not die as often. Plenty of times I have gotten classes below 30% for health bars to refill, teleports and disengages.

Warrior players just have to focus on mechanics and timing.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Now that it’s been suggested in the thread, I actually am very curious about a Warrior which uses Signet of Might to break through the Chronomancer’s Echo of Memory/Deja Vu. It’s an interesting check, especially when Warriors can have two Sig of Mights and they have such a short cooldown.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

tarcis plays bunker mesmer soooo yeah warrior 0_0 also after the thing he posted about the current meta and he’s playing one

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Warrior was my main for almost a year but I don’t play It in pvp anymore. The only time I lose to a warrior is when I’m busy fighting a 1v1 or 2v2 and a warrior comes in to +1 the fight. I’m sorry to say that it’s just not good enough . It’s possible to fill that slot with pretty much any class and it will make the team stronger.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Pvp is about fun.

wrong. pvp is about winning.

GW2 PvP is about winning at all cost by finding loopholes such as abuse MMR. Even pro players do it

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

OP must hate warriors for starting this thread and have the nerve to say they are ok in pvp right now. Maybe in hotjoin where you zerg and not fully expose warrior’s weaknesses but in real conquest matches, they have become a burden for the team

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

I am tired of this attutide in PvP. I main a thief and reroll Mesmer for ranked. I don’t even play a meta build on Mesmer, I am just aware of the clear limitations my main has vs. today’s meta. Whenever I see a thief or warrior on my team, I think kitten that guy, he is either incompetent/new or a selfish kitten.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

The fact that people believe a class has nothing to contribute just shows the limitations in your own ability to understand the game.

K Pop

in PvP

runeblade.7514

The fact that people believe a class has nothing to contribute just shows the limitations in your own ability to understand the game.

That is why Warriors are in every team in the tournament. Oh wait.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

oh please do tell me, what can warrior do that another class cannot do better?

what role can warrior fill?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It’s quite simple why the warriors and thieves are out of place atm. If you’d watch any of the ESL / League matches you will notice it’s not about pure dps anymore. It’s about bunkering the kitten out of your enemy while every player has a role of SUPPORT, if not heal, then boon-wise. The only reason warriors and thieves are out of any meta team is because they do not give as many boons/heal as other classes can atm.

The damage is still viable and fine, it just lacks support and boons.

Exactly!

Some of the most blatant elite specs and revenants need to be toned down a bit. I hope Arenanet doesn’t buff warrior damage. Warrior has always been capable of some insane bursts and the sustained DPS is good enough. What warrior needs is some added sustain, not too much, but maybe around 10-20 %. Now even if you spec all the defensive traits + utilities, your warrior isn’t that much of a bunker compared to better options and that is a problem. The group utility is mainly just shouts + banners + warhorn. Shout base heal was nerfed in June 2015 trait rework. Warhorn has had multiple nerfs (less vigor, not converting conditions into boons anymore with quick breathing). Warhorn is weak at its current state, making almost all warriors drop it and choose shield instead. Shield is a selfish weapon with no group support.

I would want to see bunker and/or support warrior as one viable choice, not just see warrior as +1 role or burst + flee kind of bruiser.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

If you’re playing for fun, there’s unranked/WvWvW roaming. If you’re playing to win, play something else. Its that simple, honestly. Not a single (successful) top team runs a warrior and some of these guys have playing since launch. If you know something they don’t, I’m certain some disgruntled warrior mains would love to hear your input.

Another thing some of the people defending their use of warrior here have to understand is that they’ll never understand where the actual complaints come from until they reach/observe top tier play.

The meta is meta for a reason, boys.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Some of the most blatant elite specs and revenants need to be toned down a bit.

A bit?
They need to be gutted completely for any core build to be viable again.
It’s not only the boons, it’s also the disgusting amount of free cc on group support skills or incidental cc that just happens for frankly doing nothing at all.
Remember, when you had to time your cc?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Warrior has some of the highest DPS, down body cleave, and rampage is still a reasonable skill.
Warrior works better in smaller fights, and is a counter to necro.
While most classes lose effectiveness in smaller fights, warrior gains it.

Similarly to a thief, you have to build a comp with a warrior in mind. It is not plug and play like the mindless top 4.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Warrior certainly isn’t good right now, but PvP games have far too many variables to blame a loss on having a warrior in the team. The loudest voices shouting about how warriors should never queue ranked are more than likely just bad players jumping at a chance to blame their losses on a scapegoat instead of their own ineptitude.

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

In scrub tier I DID have a Skull Grinder Condi warrior hand me my kitten. Though he was only able to do it the first time when he surprised me. All other warriors have been an ignorable joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Warrior might not be meta but if that is what someone wants to use so be it.

If you don’t like it put in some effort to find 4 people and make a 5 man group of all meta and dominate. There has to be some balancing in the classes, i don’t think anyone will argue that but complaining about people playing what they want when you have the ability to avoid them (group up) then I don’t see the issue.

(edited by Clear.8512)

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Warrior has some of the highest DPS, down body cleave, and rampage is still a reasonable skill.

Similarly to a thief, you have to build a comp with a warrior in mind. It is not plug and play like the mindless top 4.

Most warrior works better against noobs. So does every other class but better.

in PvP

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I think you just got spanked historically by warriors in pvp, and this is your way to achieve revenge, it’s very entertaining to completely disregard your posts as troll, thanks for the laughs, you should consider doing some live standup, where the crowd would laugh at you, not at your jokes.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Dear players and dear Anet.

I’m playing warrior in pvp which is my main. I am still using the gs/hammer build. This build is still good in pvp, tough its not a meta anymore. I am tired of people saying war isn’t meta anymore. Let me set up a few things:

- I am not as brainless as a DH trap guard.
- I am not such a powerful monkhealer as druidù
- I am not a thief who dps ppl to 30% and uses the elite skill to stomp ppl
- I am not a chronomancer who put ppl in a circle, removing their stability and letting them fly in the air.
- I am not a reaper necromancer who got unlimited stability and 2 lives.

Pvp is about fun. It doesnt have to be always META. Stop the fuzz about how bad war is in pvp.

Greetings.
A pvp player.

no

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Will do like the braindead of this forum… but, with the opposite answer.

YES.

To all people that got a closed minds and are waiting for meta builds to come online, please… at least, try to say something more intelligent than NO.

Since I said it 10 dayz ago, I have seen 2 team comping rightly with warrior burns… OMG. Wasted fill TS with insanity that night and he was likely depressed… please stop, ABUSING my cheerleader!

Playing cancers condis aids is so frustrating… err… for the other team. Perhaps people will bring back the condi cleansers (at least more than 1).

I can’t wait to see how it goes tonight… ESL comping? Scrimmage all week for that mesmer nerf…

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

I’m getting the feeling you think thief is OP.

If you could confirm this is not heresy, that’d be great.

I am a main thief and I can confirm that I can easily burst any druid or even celestial cele easily to 30% with the opener, and stomp them from 30% using the elite spell.

Yes thief just that great in this meta because of everything he has against bunkers and how well he can hold point 2×1 forever ignoring any form of aoe.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

warrior has no way to regain health. I cannot come back after spikes. every other meta class can do so easily, or is a necromancer with a second health bar.

my engi and Guardian can heal their health bars multiple times, my warrior can’t even do it once.

warrior is not a viable class at all. only works vs people you eat your combo like an idiot, and honestly anyone who eats combos (especially highly telegraphed warrior combos) will be easy food.

re roll. it’s your only hope.
I done it, an I may miss warrior like hell but at least I get success.

So true. After a Warrior uses up all of his burst-survival gimmicks (Endure Pain, Shield Stance, dodges), he can’t come back from a burst that actually connects. Healing Signet’s active is a joke except for the six seconds of Resistance boon. The other healing skills are just garbage for sPvP, and Vigorous Shouts got devastated in the June 23rd patch. Warriors can’t rely on alternate healing methods (water fields, healing weapon skills) because they just don’t exist for the class. Warrior is the true “kill or be killed” class: if you don’t blast your enemy down with your initial burst combo, you are dead meat.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Warriors have access to more stability than reapers.

Reapers have one skill in DS and the elite.

Warriors have Balanced Stance, Dogged March, Dolyak Signet, and their Elite. Their might be others, but those 4 I know off the bat.

in PvP

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

What if I told you….

Attachments:

in PvP

choovanski.5462

warrior has no way to regain health. I cannot come back after spikes. every other meta class can do so easily, or is a necromancer with a second health bar.

my engi and Guardian can heal their health bars multiple times, my warrior can’t even do it once.

warrior is not a viable class at all. only works vs people you eat your combo like an idiot, and honestly anyone who eats combos (especially highly telegraphed warrior combos) will be easy food.

re roll. it’s your only hope.
I done it, an I may miss warrior like hell but at least I get success.

So true. After a Warrior uses up all of his burst-survival gimmicks (Endure Pain, Shield Stance, dodges), he can’t come back from a burst that actually connects. Healing Signet’s active is a joke except for the six seconds of Resistance boon. The other healing skills are just garbage for sPvP, and Vigorous Shouts got devastated in the June 23rd patch. Warriors can’t rely on alternate healing methods (water fields, healing weapon skills) because they just don’t exist for the class. Warrior is the true “kill or be killed” class: if you don’t blast your enemy down with your initial burst combo, you are dead meat.

they are the opposite of medi trapper, which has a 10k heal on a 24sec cooldown and multiple other sources of healing. even if you eat the burst on medi trapper you can just heal it easily. as a warrior you have no hope.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Unfortunately, every warrior heal skill is bad, and heal signet is the least bad.
If we just got some on par heals to start, who knows.

To those who claim warrior is only good against noobs, I just laugh. Obviously a warrior is not going to go kill a chrono bunker or tempest bunker solo as the heals per second are too high. You go kill the other stuff.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Dear players and dear Anet.

I’m playing warrior in pvp which is my main. I am still using the gs/hammer build. This build is still good in pvp, tough its not a meta anymore. I am tired of people saying war isn’t meta anymore. Let me set up a few things:

- I am not as brainless as a DH trap guard.
- I am not such a powerful monkhealer as druidù
- I am not a chronomancer who put ppl in a circle, removing their stability and letting them fly in the air.

Pvp is about fun. It doesnt have to be always META. Stop the fuzz about how bad war is in pvp.

Greetings.
A pvp player.

If you are having fun in pvp with that build and other don’t it is their problem.

Again, if they don’t like the randomness of soloquing (rank or not) they can stop soloquing and only play premade.

Anyway, what can they do if you decide to play your war? Whine about it? Let them. If you do your best when you play Idc about what you play. This game could actually be more enjoyable if more were like you…

in PvP

runeblade.7514

I think you just got spanked historically by warriors in pvp, and this is your way to achieve revenge, it’s very entertaining to completely disregard your posts as troll, thanks for the laughs, you should consider doing some live standup, where the crowd would laugh at you, not at your jokes.

I wonder how you come to this conclusion.

I want warriors to be on the enemy team. I don’t want any in my team.

If they were good and I see them kicking my kitten , I would want warriors on my team. But they’re not viable. So the enemy team can have as much warriors as they want. Free wins for me.

Until they become viable, I will stick to this.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

The only real use for Warriors I can think of is some sort of glass cannon that uses double Signet of Might and acting as a +1 to a Tempest or another build with support and using that combo to try and take out bunker Mes fast. With a decent amount of sustain based on blocks it might counter it a bit. It’s not an amazing role, but right now War isn’t an amazing class.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAU8ejMdQdHWFCOeAnIGmCq7ICgWX76avHwEICKAA-TpQSABtWGAg9HAA

There are some OK hybrid builds out there but they’re almost purely dueling builds

I get the argument that you are negativity affecting your teams’ chances of winning, at the same time it’s not the players fault for wanting to play their preferred class. Imo it’s on the devs to ensure every class has at least 1 viable build.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

I main warrior. Condi warrior to be exact. While I enjoy goofing around sometimes in unranked for the 10k aoe burn ticks that melt a new-to-the-game team down, I reroll to mesmer, revenant and dragonhunter(depends on what i feel like playing) in ranked PvP. Sorry to say it but warrior might be good at bursting people down, but PvP isn’t really about bursting people down. Any other class can fill my warrior’s role better(except thief which is trash as well) and also bring superior advantages to my team that I couldn’t. Warrior is iconic in pretty much any PvE content(dungeons, fractals, raids) mostly for banners and PS. How is your team going to benefit from your banners or PS if you go full signet yolo to burst people down? How is your team going to benefit from your burst when your sustain is so low, chances are you won’t even be able to land that burst – not mentioning you lose all your team support in order to get to that burst? And so, even IF you would be able to land that burst, even IF you would be able to buff your team with everything you got, it’s pointless. Every other class does it better.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Medi trapper definitely isn’t meta. It never will be due to the damage being able to be canceled with one dodge. Any person still running warrior due to it being their main and favorite class is most likely more useful than any kittened form player that didn’t want to faceroll mesmer and decided to faceroll guard and die over and over and over and over. Just ignore players giving you kitten about warrior in pvp.

Warr simply doesn’t compete with any meta or even simply decent builds at a very low skill level. I’m talking the level of play where skill usage is at least able to be handled with muscle memory. That being said, there are some things that can’t be done on warr. For instance, a warr of a similar skill level to a rev will NOT win. It’s just not going to happen. That’s a huge limitation of what is capable with the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Dont worry you guys can still +1

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

I fought a warr using old spec, and he kicked my kitten , his attacks were well timed and faster than my cast times for most of my skills. Warrs are deadly in the right hands.

and in the next 180 secs, he’ll be useless and a sitting duck while waiting for rampage to recharge :P

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Shemie.4286

Shemie.4286

I don’t fully agree to OP, but I can feel him. I’m very close to Diamond, and I play warrior. I’m not going to re-roll a profession cause people want me to, when I don’t find it fun? Warrior and reapers are the only fun professions for me in the game. I dont play ranked to make people happy and having a good time, I want to have fun. Don’t blame us for playing and loving warriors, blame Anet. If kitten was allowed with no punishment when caught, is it the rapists fault or the corruption? It would probably trigger people to kitten more, hence systems fault, even though a portion is the rapists fault. But in this case, I’m having fun on warrior & reaper. Tell us to quit, tell us to gtfo. But know one thing, y’all suffer from dunner kruger effect.

“It’s never my fault for losing, it’s always my team”

in PvP

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

I fought a warr using old spec, and he kicked my kitten , his attacks were well timed and faster than my cast times for most of my skills. Warrs are deadly in the right hands.

and in the next 180 secs, he’ll be useless and a sitting duck while waiting for rampage to recharge :P

Laugh all you want, but that warrior DID win that clutch fight by blowing his rampage. IF his teamates aren’t completely dumb they’ll stay on the cap ( cuz bunk meta obv) grind up some points.

the finesse of rampage is NOT to blow it at the first opportunity : the finesse is to use is when it’s clutch so you win fights.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

no one is saying rampage is weak, its still by far the most devastating and game changing elite skill in the game, even after the nerf and post HoT.

its just while rampage is in CD, the war is a walking meat shield vs most meta builds.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

played War whole night. Got verbaly abused so many times i stoped counting, if i do great no1 says kitten, if my team lose its WAR FAULT! Even after making play of the game with Rifle shot into zerker into 4 enemies downstated the guy who was obviously missrotating(dunno if this word even exists) Called me trash and reported… Its funny i can go TEMPEST and play like kitten and no1 will ever say bad thing about me nor report me. Just playing war i think earned me atleast 30 reports today from angry kids/

i had to drop many things from build to even be compareable to other classes, Amount of cc/dazez in this game right now is out the chart, also amount of Stability other classes generate is insane. Mby this is where meta comes from ANET, Look at nonmeta classes: Warr(low stability) Thief(no stability) Necro(only on reaper/plague/chill to the bone) Try to win vs bs classes like dh that can basically spam daze and knock.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

(edited by Mefiq.7039)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

played War whole night. Got verbaly abused so many times i stoped counting, if i do great no1 says kitten, if my team lose its WAR FAULT! Even after making play of the game with Rifle shot into zerker into 4 enemies downstated the guy who was obviously missrotating(dunno if this word even exists) Called me trash and reported… Its funny i can go TEMPEST and play like kitten and no1 will ever say bad thing about me nor report me. Just playing war i think earned me atleast 30 reports today from angry kids/

i had to drop many things from build to even be compareable to other classes, Amount of cc/dazez in this game right now is out the chart, also amount of Stability other classes generate is insane. Mby this is where meta comes from ANET, Look at nonmeta classes: Warr(low stability) Thief(no stability) Necro(only on reaper/plague/chill to the bone) Try to win vs bs classes like dh that can basically spam daze and knock.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

If it’s not clear already, the balance devs are trash at their job. I have moved onto other games(I never took this game seriously but you don’t need to be at a “high level of play” to see the obvious deficiencies).

Trash Balance, P2W builds(HoT), blatant pandering to mesmers, I’m glad I didn’t spend more then 20USD on this game.

PvP in general seems like an after thought, there is no open PvP area.

(edited by Stochastic.1398)

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

I started pretty late in the season, but I’ve had no problem rising up in divisions…Of course, Warriors are currently under powered in this meta, but they aren’t useless. If you’re having trouble winning just b/c of a single class being on your team then I don’t think it’s the warrior’s fault that you’re losing.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

choovanski.5462

I started pretty late in the season, but I’ve had no problem rising up in divisions…Of course, Warriors are currently under powered in this meta, but they aren’t useless. If you’re having trouble winning just b/c of a single class being on your team then I don’t think it’s the warrior’s fault that you’re losing.

why not? warrior brings nothing to the team apart from good damage, average single target CC, and poor survivability.

marauders scrapper is better at its job in every respect, and even has AOE heals, AOE stuns, AOE stealth, and other useful things for team fights.

having a warrior in your team is awful. it uses one of your limited slots, this is not WvW you can’t just add more and more people. you can only have 5 people in the team, and putting one of them on a class as bad as warrior is gimping the team.

warrior brings no value and has to be babysat. awful class.

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

why not? warrior brings nothing to the team apart from good damage, average single target CC, and poor survivability.

marauders scrapper is better at its job in every respect, and even has AOE heals, AOE stuns, AOE stealth, and other useful things for team fights.

having a warrior in your team is awful. it uses one of your limited slots, this is not WvW you can’t just add more and more people. you can only have 5 people in the team, and putting one of them on a class as bad as warrior is gimping the team.

Just b/c the class is better doesn’t mean the player is better with that class; and a month of practicing 1 class isn’t going to make up for the skill difference you have with a class you’ve been playing for 2 years.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

@Syde Finally someone writes it out so people can actually read it instead of having to infer it.

K Pop

(edited by Interpret Interrupt.3824)

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Just b/c the class is better doesn’t mean the player is better with that class; and a month of practicing 1 class isn’t going to make up for the skill difference you have with a class you’ve been playing for 2 years.

I’ve played warrior since beta. I don’t get better results in PvP on DH and Druid because I’ve got more playtime on them, I hardly play them. I get it because they are really strong and warrior is really not.

oh, and don’t go say I’m bad- I used to carry with clerics and crusader’s hammer-shouts. and anyway my best results are on engineer/scrapper, unless I’m playing a low condi clear build vs condi. I’ve played engi since beta also, and I’d only say I’m marginally better at it than warrior but my warrior play cannot hold a candle to my engineer play right now. warrior just doesn’t have to tools you need for the current meta.

that’s why warrior needs a surprise, or you not to be paying attention to win- but these are not situations you can reliably create. it’s just such a sub par set of tools to work with.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Haven’t seen any warriors in diamond ranked games so far. LOL.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.