Strongest 1v1 Class

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

i wonder if an ele and a thief engage in a 1v1 battle, who’s gonna come out as a victor? what do you think, guys? btw, i saw a spirit ranger lose to a really good ele 1 time in soloq.

Nowadays? Thief. Depending on the build each person runs (and of course the person running it), it could come out differently, but the thief is likely best equipped to come out on top.

Back before eles were nerfed to hell, it woulda been different though.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

there’s no need to be rude. we are just exchanging thoughts and opinions here.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I play as a trap/survival Ranger in tPvP.
Thieves are usually not hard in my build since I do have pretty short cooldown on both traps I’m using. Trap Ranger can be a very interesting fight. When this build is weak if you harass it at range, good ones will always try to force you to play in smaller, restricted area. Most Thieves I see melt vs. me in couple seconds, but there’s a very strong counter a thief can use vs. Trapper. It’s pretty simple. Lay down stolen Healing Seed down on activated traps. It will negate most of the damage at start, before I cover DoTs with other conditions. If you, as a Thief, slowly harass Trap Ranger and remember about necessary cleansing, you may kill even a good Ranger. If you rush in and try to heartseeker/Flank Strike him to death, you’ll melt. Most trappers run at least 2800 armor

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

>>Arganthium.5638

lmao no, a zerker thief will kill a zerker warrior before he even knew what hit him.

As for storngest 1v1 class— Mesmer, easy.

Naturally he shouldn’t die so quickly. He has 8k more health, 7% damage reduction, and the large amounts of passive healing from HS without requiring a cast time gives the warrior a huge advantage. Furthermore, a warr can pop invuln to live at least 4 more seconds, which is absolutely crucial. Warrs also have higher skill coefficients; a level 2 eviscerare does more than a single BS, for example. With the warrior build I’ve been running over the past few days, I’ve run zerker ammie w/ soldier’s jewel and have had absolutely no troubles dealin with burst thieves.

You act like 8khealth and 7%dmg reduction means anything when you’re going full zerker. That’s basically enough to tank one backstab crit from a thief. And i’ll say it as many times as it needs to be said; healing signet is trash on a full glass build.. Why use something that gives passive regen when virtually any opposition even remotely glassy is going to burst the crap out of you. Healing Surge > Healing Signet with full glass build. Blind power and invis is a far better utility than anything a warrior has in a 1v1 when both are going full zerker. It comes down to who manages to get the first few hits in, and a thief is far harder to target than a warrior after his 4 second endure pain is inactive; which a thief can just just disengage from.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

dps guardian hands down.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

i wonder if an ele and a thief engage in a 1v1 battle, who’s gonna come out as a victor? what do you think, guys? btw, i saw a spirit ranger lose to a really good ele 1 time in soloq.

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

In conclusion, they both are victor, as long both play well and one survives

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Valentin.2073

thanks for that video, burnfall.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Burnfall.9573

thanks for that video, burnfall.

you are welcome, Valentin

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

warrior definetly requires least skill to spam stuff and get lucky even if you don’t know anything better than smashing your head on the keyboard

Play one and be my guest, then, I love farming hambows.XD

(except in group fights, where they are a bit more of a concern, but 1v1 I never lost to one yet)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

This is the Spvp forum and Thieves are 10x stronger in WvW. First video the Thief had food and tuning crystal with perplexity runes against an Elementalist who didn’t.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Burnfall.9573

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

This is the Spvp forum and Thieves are 10x stronger in WvW. First video the Thief had food and tuning crystal with perplexity runes against an Elementalist who didn’t.

whose side you are on?

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

whose side you are on?

Neither since I’m pointing out Spvp and WvW are completely different.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Burnfall.9573

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

whose side you are on?

Spvp or WvW, Food or no Food, you can agree that both Thief and Elementalist are Excellent 1v1 class than.

And being Victor, lies in the hand of the player who plays them well.

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

>>Arganthium.5638

lmao no, a zerker thief will kill a zerker warrior before he even knew what hit him.

As for storngest 1v1 class— Mesmer, easy.

Naturally he shouldn’t die so quickly. He has 8k more health, 7% damage reduction, and the large amounts of passive healing from HS without requiring a cast time gives the warrior a huge advantage. Furthermore, a warr can pop invuln to live at least 4 more seconds, which is absolutely crucial. Warrs also have higher skill coefficients; a level 2 eviscerare does more than a single BS, for example. With the warrior build I’ve been running over the past few days, I’ve run zerker ammie w/ soldier’s jewel and have had absolutely no troubles dealin with burst thieves.

You act like 8khealth and 7%dmg reduction means anything when you’re going full zerker. That’s basically enough to tank one backstab crit from a thief. And i’ll say it as many times as it needs to be said; healing signet is trash on a full glass build.. Why use something that gives passive regen when virtually any opposition even remotely glassy is going to burst the crap out of you. Healing Surge > Healing Signet with full glass build. Blind power and invis is a far better utility than anything a warrior has in a 1v1 when both are going full zerker. It comes down to who manages to get the first few hits in, and a thief is far harder to target than a warrior after his 4 second endure pain is inactive; which a thief can just just disengage from.

I could respond to all of this, but as this seems to be some kind of opinionated rant on your behalf, I think it would be more effective for us to have a duel. I’ll run my warrior build, and you can run the D/P build of your choosing. Oh, and you have to be able to hold a point or decap a capped one quickly.

Until then, why don’t you link your build then show us how you play?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

My build for warrior or thief?

And why does capping or decapping a point have anything to do with this? The topic is “best 1v1 class” not “Best 1v1 class who can hold a point”

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

And why does capping or decapping a point have anything to do with this? The topic is “best 1v1 class” not “Best 1v1 class who can hold a point”

some ppl must really think … just because you can hold the circle very well = you are very good pvper

it’s just like playing Huttball in Swtor lmao …

BG

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

GW2 is perfectly balanced. There is no strongest.

And this is why I don’t do drugs folks. ^

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Valentin.2073

just based on my observation, this is the tier. 1 the strongest 8 the weakest 1. mesmer 2. necro 3. ranger 4 . engineer 5. warrior 6. guardian 7. thief 8. ele

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

A zerker warrior build that doesn’t run HS.

This game is one of capturing points, not killing people. To think otherwise is to blind yourself to the objective, and, as a result, capturing and keeping objectives should always be used to measure a player’s skill, not killing others. Otherwise, what point would there be in having, for example, bunkers? Incidentally, however, I do think that the warrior is superior at 1v1s in the dueling sense as well, though. It’s just that that kind of test is somewhat irrelevant to the point of the game.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

A zerker warrior build that doesn’t run HS.

This game is one of capturing points, not killing people. To think otherwise is to blind yourself to the objective, and, as a result, capturing and keeping objectives should always be used to measure a player’s skill, not killing others. Otherwise, what point would there be in having, for example, bunkers? Incidentally, however, I do think that the warrior is superior at 1v1s in the dueling sense as well, though. It’s just that that kind of test is somewhat irrelevant to the point of the game.

I wouldn’t run HS with ANY zerker build and I wouldn’t run a zerker build on a warrior in Spvp to begin with, but that’s besides the point. We are talking pure zerker here, aren’t we? Not Soldier/Knights armor (melandru runes) with zerker trinkets.

But that’s evading the topic question. It was “which is the best 1v1 class.” There is going to be advantages to certain classes if you’re confined to fighting inside a small circle even if that class would not win normally. A thief isn’t going to be able to work their magic and hold a point, I’ll give you that. But it’s never what I was disagreeing with.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Can we please give Arganthium personal 7% of damage reduction and 19k base hp, so he will finally become crazy godlike OP duel overlord and stop posting in this thread?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Can we please give Arganthium personal 7% of damage reduction and 19k base hp, so he will finally become crazy godlike OP duel overlord and stop posting in this thread?

Actually, 7% extra base damage reduction and 19k base HP is a lot.
Take into consideration that an Elementalist with Soldier Amulet barely match the survivability of a Warrior with no amulet whatsoever.
That means that a Zerker warrior will be more survivable of a Soldier Elementalist.

That is without counting the 8s Condition Immunity, Cleansing Ire, Endure Pain, Shields, Healing Signet and any other goodies Warrior has access to.

True, Elementalist has Protection, but the uptime and the overall effectiveness is nowhere near the higher baseline damage reduction of Warriors.

That compares to pretty much any other profession in the game (I took elementalist because it is the other side of the spectrum),

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

redslion.9675

Actually, 7% extra base damage reduction and 19k base HP is a lot.
Take into consideration that an Elementalist with Soldier Amulet barely match the survivability of a Warrior with no amulet whatsoever.
That means that a Zerker warrior will be more survivable of a Soldier Elementalist.

That is without counting the 8s Condition Immunity, Cleansing Ire, Endure Pain, Shields, Healing Signet and any other goodies Warrior has access to.

True, Elementalist has Protection, but the uptime and the overall effectiveness is nowhere near the higher baseline damage reduction of Warriors.

That compares to pretty much any other profession in the game (I took elementalist because it is the other side of the spectrum),

Remember: a character with protection and 2500 armor has the same damage reduction as one with 3750 armor. And I’ve seen eles with pretty high protection uptime. And they also have vigor. I don’t know about their hps, though.

(edited by redslion.9675)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Remember: a character with protection and 2500 armor has the same damage reduction as one with 3750 armor. And I’ve seen eles with pretty high protection uptime. And they also have vigor. I don’t know about their hps, though.

So what? A character with 300 base extra armor and 8k base HP is still better.
That is the equivalent of 300 toughness and 800 vitality, which means only with Barbarian Amulet an Elementalist can match the baseline vitality of a Warrior, while still being far away compared to a Berserker Warrior in terms of overall devensive capability.

Protection uptime on Elementalist, also, is way lower that you might espect.
Elemental Attunement provides about 6.5s of protection with 30 in Arcana. Assuming you are popping in and out of Earth on cooldown, the protection uptime is about 50% of the time (including the attunement swap cooldown), that with at least 20 points of trait investment. In real time situations, the longer you stay in earth and the longer you don’t pop into earth while it is available, the lower is the uptime, bringing it to about 20-30% in real-time situations. That leads to the conclusion that having baseline higher damage resistance is better than having 20-30% uptime of protection, because as you weight down its benefits with the uptime, you realize that it isn’t that much.

Warriors have Vigor too, I don’t see the point. Warhorn alone, as far I know, provides condition cleansing along with perma-swiftness and perma-vigor. There is also Vigorous Focus, which provides quite an high uptime on stance warriors.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

redslion.9675

That is the equivalent of 300 toughness and 800 vitality, which means only with Barbarian Amulet an Elementalist can match the baseline vitality of a Warrior, while still being far away compared to a Berserker Warrior in terms of overall devensive capability.

Elemental Attunement provides about 6.5s of protection with 30 in Arcana. Assuming you are popping in and out of Earth on cooldown, the protection uptime is about 50% of the time (including the attunement swap cooldown), that with at least 20 points of trait investment. In real time situations, the longer you stay in earth and the longer you don’t pop into earth while it is available, the lower is the uptime, bringing it to about 20-30% in real-time situations. That leads to the conclusion that having baseline higher damage resistance is better than having 20-30% uptime of protection, because as you weight down its benefits with the uptime, you realize that it isn’t that much.

Warriors have Vigor too, I don’t see the point. Warhorn alone, as far I know, provides condition cleansing along with perma-swiftness and perma-vigor. There is also Vigorous Focus, which provides quite an high uptime on stance warriors.

Yes, but we need that slot for other stuff.

And warhorn needs 20 points in tactics to be used that way, other than the fact it doesn’t give much utility for power builds.

However, try to play a GS berserker warrior. The problem with other weapons sets than hambow is that most of the time you can’t use all 3 slots for stances. Few warrs can afford endure pain other than hambow. And you are forced to stay melee, that means you’ll take even more damage. (GS burst needs Bull’s Charge and Frenzy, or Bolas if you want to play risky. Then you have to use stability for stomping/ressing. That leaves you with at most one slot)

And, you know, considering how things were some time ago, base stats don’t make the difference.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

sorrow.2364

And warhorn needs 20 points in tactics to be used that way, other than the fact it doesn’t give much utility for power builds.

However, try to play a GS berserker warrior. The problem with other weapons sets than hambow is that most of the time you can’t use all 3 slots for stances. Few warrs can afford endure pain other than hambow. And you are forced to stay melee, that means you’ll take even more damage. (GS burst needs Bull’s Charge and Frenzy, or Bolas if you want to play risky. Then you have to use stability for stomping/ressing. That leaves you with at most one slot)

And, you know, considering how things were some time ago, base stats don’t make the difference.

Of course you want that slot for other stuffs, as much as any elementalist want the 20 traitpoints invested into Arcana for protection uptime into other stuffs.

Wasn’t Leg Specialist into the Tactic traitline? I think it is quite an useful trait for power builds.

Not every power build runs GS. Actually, the most common power warrior these days are Axe MH + Longbow warriors.
It is nothing fancy going 30/0/0/20/20 Axe+WH/Longbow zerker and you can even have 3 free utility slots while retaining almost perma-vigor (about 80% uptime plus 10s when converting bleeding), perma-swiftness, good condition removal and about 60% AoE weakness uptime.

Warriors were bad time ago because they had no sustain or condition removal whatsoever in a condition meta, not because high HP pool or high toughness did not matter. Right now, warriors have more sustain than any other non-bunker profession and the best condition removal in the game.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Try a 30/0/25/0/15 GS+LB build with ogre runes and zerker amulet w/ soldier’s jewel. Put a force sigil on GS and fire sigil on LB. Healing Sig and the three non-Frenzy stances. I’m sure somebody’s come up with that build before, but it’s the one I’ve been playing on my warrior and it works like a charm.

GS doesn’t need to use 100b to be good; it already has great mobility and relatively quick animations.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Build wars 2 is like scissors paper stone game, but the player skills will determine the sharpness of the scissors, thickness of the paper and size of the stone.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because we’re on the sPvP forums, and except for dueling for funsies, the majority of your 1v1s are going to be on fight. And even if you win 100% of your 1v1s, if you can’t control the point at all while you’re fighting, you’re pretty useless.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

redslion.9675

Try a 30/0/25/0/15 GS+LB build with ogre runes and zerker amulet w/ soldier’s jewel. Put a force sigil on GS and fire sigil on LB. Healing Sig and the three non-Frenzy stances. I’m sure somebody’s come up with that build before, but it’s the one I’ve been playing on my warrior and it works like a charm.

GS doesn’t need to use 100b to be good; it already has great mobility and relatively quick animations.

I used that, it works. Except for the fact you need 100 blades to take down decent bunkers fast with someone else. Or at least have a chance. And Pin Down doesn’t last long enough. 3.6 seconds aren’t much, considering you’ll lose some time in weapon swapping. And, in my experience, you need that spike to take bunkers down.

However, try with 30/0/20/0/20. Or, if you are a real warrior, 30/25/0/0/20. THAT is hard. And that is what I was talking about. Full glass.

What I was saying is: full glass warrior isn’t more survivable than soldier ele. Not talking about not-so-glass.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: RickyMack.5327

RickyMack.5327

you wish dude. thieves are pretty useless in tourneys. only a noob can lose to a thief 1v1. a thief has to work twice as hard to make themselves useful in ranked tourneys and soloq is infested of bad thieves atm.

i encourage you to post that in the thief forum and get back to me

during the meantime, enjoy

So in response to a comment about tPvP you post a video about a thief in WvW? The first fight, while impressive, the thief wasn’t even being focus fired on.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: RickyMack.5327

RickyMack.5327

Thief vs Elementalist

Elementalist vs Thief

whose side you are on?

Spvp or WvW, Food or no Food, you can agree that both Thief and Elementalist are Excellent 1v1 class than.

And being Victor, lies in the hand of the player who plays them well.

There’s a very big difference because spvp is a more balanced setting than wvw. Some pve runes, e.g., perplexity, are extremely imbalanced and aren’t in spvp. Food also greatly impacts the fight, gear could be at a greater disparity, and it’s also a lot easier to farm 25 stacks of a sigil. As such, the people making the wvw vids are more likely to be engaging fights at a more ideal situation. It’s not the same, but it’s highly similar to arguing an ele in exotics is a great class because they can kill a thief in blues.

While it may give some indication of class balance, it’s not very trustworthy material to rely on.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

Because we’re on the sPvP forums, and except for dueling for funsies, the majority of your 1v1s are going to be on fight. And even if you win 100% of your 1v1s, if you can’t control the point at all while you’re fighting, you’re pretty useless.

If the OP wanted to know what class was best at holding a point he would have asked that. I’m only answering his question; whether or not this is the Spvp forums is of no relevance.

He clearly brought up Mesmer, whch is arguably the best 1v1 class, but they’re not as hot in Spvp because of their Inability to hold a point.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

If the OP wanted to know what class was best at holding a point he would have. I’m only answering his question; whether or not this is the Spvp forums is of no relevance.

We’re not looking for the class that can kill other classes the best or the class that can hold a point the best; both of those, by themselves, are two extreme ends of the spectrum. We’re looking for the class that’s the best at doing both of those at the same time. That class is also going to be the one that can cap the most points and decap the most points, two factors that are equally if not more important.

But if you can’t incorporate points into your definition of 1v1’ing here in the sPvP forums, then you are simply missing the entire point of this sector of the game. If you really just want to run around killing people, go to the WvW forums and discuss it there.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

You are not the OP, right? Regardless how you feel, that’s not what he was asking. The OP is asking about a 1v1 class when Spvp is largely a team game. It’s clearly a “What if I was always stuck in a 1v1 scenario; what is the best class for that?”

If you just want to hold a point then bunker down. A good 1v1 class is still going to be able to kill someone 1v1 and take the point, it’s whether or not their teammates come to help that changes things. And to be honest, if your’e a roamer, you don’t need to be capping points. You can just assist whoever needs it and then move to the next point. Capping an unattended point is just icing on the cake. They could also be the ones controlling the gimmicky mechanics, such as the treb in Kyhlo or the Cannon in Skyhammer. So yes, Spvp is not exclusively about holding a point.

Strongest 1v1 Class

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

What is the strongest 1v1 class other than mesmer ? Please don’t answer stupid answers like “4 signet burst thief”, “100b warrior” or “power based rangers”.

Could you please give the build of the recommended class too ?

The OP asked for one thing: the strongest 1v1 class, with mesmer, and “stupid” answers being unwanted. He also asked for the build of anything that was presented.

He didn’t say that he didn’t want to know about what is desirable for a 1v1 build in sPvP; he didn’t clarify anything other than that very specific thing above.

The reality is, that with such little information, we have to make up the rules of the 1v1, because they aren’t all created equal. A 1v1 roaming in WvW is very different than a “fight club” 1v1, which is different from a “proper” 1v1 in a dueling server, which is (generally) different from an organized tournament 1v1, which is different from a practical on-point 1v1. These all have different rules, and end up with highly different builds.

So when we have to make fairly kittenumptions, we use the very little info we have: this was posted on the sPvP forums, leading most people to believe he’s asking about sPvP. So of course people in the sPvP forums reading an sPvP forum thread are going to assume he’s talking about the most common 1v1 you’re going to find.

If OP wants something completely different, he is more than welcome to come and tell us we’re all idiots, and he actually wanted to know the best 1v1 costume brawl setup.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build