Stronghold, Conquest and Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Dunno if asked before, but would Courtyard (TDM) be added to the selectable options aswell and maybe include a few more maps for it?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

Courtyard can get thrown in the trash and kittened on. Worst map in the pool. You can’t even get your daily on it if there’s anything to do with capturing/defending points.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Courtyard can get thrown in the trash and kittened on. Worst map in the pool. You can’t even get your daily on it if there’s anything to do with capturing/defending points.

Thanks for your opinion. Do you think you contributed to the debate?

I agree with you OP. I don’t like TDM that much and I know I’m not the only one, but I wouldn’t be against it having its own queue. It might get huge queuing time however, maybe that’s why Anet is not doing it.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And if they added an option for it you wouldn’t have to play it if you didn’t w ant to.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Nope. Skyhammer is by and far THE WORST.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in PvP

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I been playing op cele ele today when Im playing conquest its pretty face roll splashing aoe every where and the enemy team is forced to stand in it or give up the point.

then I play courtyard and its suddenly a bit harder. there more los and positioning problems. cant just go burning speed yolo into the enemy team and then fgs run away laughing cause they cant leave the ring.

when I played mesmer on courtyard same problem, theres pressure coming from multiple directions and Im thinking more about just surviving then leisurely casting clones all on one spot. stun lock, no where for you to go, no team help cause you went far for the decap.

if we could have strong hold or more tdm maps, the balance wouldnt be as much of an issue as it is right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

I think Anet will completely remove TDM – Courtyard from Unranked/Ranked when Stronghold will come live. Or maybe it will stay only in unranked in Conquest Queue (not a great thing).

Mainly because there is no enough people to support 3 game modes (6 queues).

But Maybe i’m wrong, dunno.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Completely agree with OP here. it would be amazing for courtyard to have it’s own que regardless of que time. I know many players who enjoy pure pvp (deathmatch) and I would play it all the time.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

TDM is a fantastic concept, and I’m so happy A-net introduced it. Me and my friends love it, although admittedly Courtyard could do with several changes to encourage better fights.

What I would love is a couple more TDM maps. I always prefer actual fighting to running around catching blue/red circles, or 1-shot lazers (Skyhammer).

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’m not actually a fan on Courtyard / TDM, though I think I’d appreciate it more if me and my team could build just for that without having me switch pre game (yes, I should get more characters :P)

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Honestly, Courtyard is more fun now that the gameplay is faster. That said, I rather it be best out of 3 rounds with a 3m timer attached.

While we’re dreaming, i’m definitely looking forward to a 3v3, best out of 3, gamemode as well.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld