Stronghold Poll

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

So it has been decided that Stronghold belongs to the conquest queue.

That means that if you want to play this new “game mode” you are forced to play the old conquest maps most of the time.

I made this poll concerning this topic.

http://strawpoll.me/3632530

(edited by Marcos.3690)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Not really needed but hey. :p
Anet likes their stats.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

That’s it…who is the daily hero that voted no….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This will obviously be a landslide…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I don’t agree with placing Stronghold in the conquest queue, but I doubt “most of the time” will be accurate! Most likely anytime Stronghold comes up, it will be picked!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t agree with placing Stronghold in the conquest queue, but I doubt “most of the time” will be accurate! Most likely anytime Stronghold comes up, it will be picked!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

No, one guy will pick skyhammer and it’ll get picked.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d prefer to see it separate at launch and then integrate later if it makes sense.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Think of Courtyard as the Stronghold right now in the Unranked queue. Normally, you’d have a Conquest build, but if it gets picked, you have to change your build under two minutes just to be competent in team deathmatch. So imagine having three game modes—you would need to remember three types of builds for each just in case.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Wahoo! Bye frands!

There are 7 other maps. 8 with stronghold.

Even if the vote ratio for stronghold was 100% you would still play conquest most of the time

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

That’s it…who is the daily hero that voted no….

Attachments:

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

I’m glad you made this because if you hadn’t, I would have. As soon as they said Stronghold would be in the same queue as Conquest I was shocked.

Stronghold is going to take completely different strategies and team compositions than conquest. Teams should be able to choose to play stronghold or play conquest. If you were to keep them in the same queue, it would be like mixing up teams who want to play GW1 GvG and HA. It just doesn’t work with specialized team comps.

I urge ArenaNet to rethink their decision. I can’t even express how much of a bad idea this is. If you have your team equipped with Stronghold builds, they should NOT have to switch their builds and game plan/ mind set because a map vote didn’t go their way. There NEEDS to be a separate queue.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

The solution is easy I think.

Once everybody ready’s up, before selecting which map you want to play on, you select which mode you want to play on first, then you choose the map.

As there is only one map for stronghold and team deathmatch, this doesn’t really matter all that much though.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Since they are going to rotate WvW maps each week (so they don’t go stagnant) why don’t they just implement a ‘Wheel of Fortune’ at reset that will pop up for everyone that isn’t in a dungeon. Let the WvW players have the wheel of doom for choosing the weekly map too. Stronghold with Conquest merged Q. Absolutely absurd.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

The solution is easy I think.

Once everybody ready’s up, before selecting which map you want to play on, you select which mode you want to play on first, then you choose the map.

As there is only one map for stronghold and team deathmatch, this doesn’t really matter all that much though.

Which doesn’t solve the main issue, many players will want to play one mode and not the other at all, so will result in people simply quitting or AFKing, when they are forced to play the mode they have zero interest in, frankly I won’t even bother buying the expansion if there is a shared queue, it makes the game unplayable for me.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

GW2 HoT is going to have a massive entry of new & oldplayers.

The queues are going to be really populated so there’s no reason at all to split them.

If they become slower after the first months, there are plenty of solutions:

- Reward players for entering the least joined queue (achievements, reward track progress, etc)

- If we have seasons, players will try to be as hight as possible in both ladders so they can claim the rewards (that’s what happens in WoW 2v2 & 3v3) – Note: each ladder should have different rewards

- If nothing works, mix them

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I will leave everything thats not Stronkhold ;P

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

The queues are going to be really populated so there’s no reason at all to split them.

thats actually a good reason to split them because you wont harm the queue times if there is a good amount of players.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

If conquest and stronhold will be in the same queue i won’t even bother with pvp in the future….. They made a lot of forgiveable mistakes since the launch of gw2 when it comes to pvp…. but this is just utterly wrong…. it’s not even funny anymore.

Someone pls stop this madness and bring us back the Anet that made GW1 PvP.

[Elona Reach]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

thats actually a good reason to split them because you wont harm the queue times if there is a good amount of players.

I actually think mixing them will do more harm to the queue times, as thousands of players already quit the game because of conquest.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

idk if im mixing up things or just misunderstanding, i am pro splitting conquest and stronghold because when i feel like playing stronghold i wanna play stronghold without having to pray that the rng wheel lands on it.

your “there’s no reason at all to split them” confused me.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

This I’m sure is meant to be a joke, but the amount of drop outs for a while after this is released with be immense…

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

idk if im mixing up things or just misunderstanding, i am pro splitting conquest and stronghold because when i feel like playing stronghold i wanna play stronghold without having to pray that the rng wheel lands on it.

your “there’s no reason at all to split them” confused me.

I think he meant no reason to merge, but I might be wrong.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Morwath.9817

This I’m sure is meant to be a joke, but the amount of drop outs for a while after this is released with be immense…

It’s not a joke.
If I will que for Stronkhold and will be thrown into Conq instant alt+f4 incoming.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Can someone do the maths?

- There are 8 maps in total: Nifhel, foefire, Kyhlo, temple, Spirit watch, Skyhammer, Couryard, Stronghold.

- In the current map selection, 3 maps are chosen at random.

- Each player votes 1 of the 3 maps. Let’s assume 90% of the playerbase vote for stronghold.

- What are the odds of playing Conquest? What are the odds of playing Stronghold?

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think queues should have check-boxes for which modes you want to/are willing to play.

You can choose to only queue for a stronghold map, deathmatch (courtyard), or conquest, or any subset.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

That means that if you want to play this new “game mode” you are forced to play the old conquest maps most of the time.

Your poll has been invalidated

1.) It is a straw poll.
2.) It is missing some options. Don’t care is one of the options.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Can someone do the maths?

- There are 8 maps in total: Nifhel, foefire, Kyhlo, temple, Spirit watch, Skyhammer, Couryard, Stronghold.

- In the current map selection, 3 maps are chosen at random.

- Each player votes 1 of the 3 maps. Let’s assume 90% of the playerbase vote for stronghold.

- What are the odds of playing Conquest? What are the odds of playing Stronghold?

with those numbers…
about 33% for stronkhold in unranked, about 54% in ranked

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

1.) It is a straw poll.

In the end we, the community, want to make the game as good as possible. They can hear us, or they can ignore us because its a “strawpoll”

They are the only guys losing/earning money out of this. Anyway, over 90% so far

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

1.) It is a straw poll.

One would think if you didn’t care you just wouldn’t need to weigh in… If you don’t care then obviously your opinion doesn’t matter just as well as the outcome…

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Fishrock.5207

Fishrock.5207

+1 to separate queue.

The issue here is that people will end up making builds that either work well in conquest, or in strong hold, or mediocre in-betweens.

It’s completely different, and this is just treating it badly. :/

GW2 Wiki: Fishrock

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Your opinion isn’t relevant if you don’t care.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Wahoo! Bye frands!

There are 7 other maps. 8 with stronghold.

Even if the vote ratio for stronghold was 100% you would still play conquest most of the time

I think that about Foefire! Man I hate that map but it’s only 1 out of 7! But I end up playing it most of the time!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Where can I go play it right now to make an informed decision?

Everyone here appears entirely too intelligent to make complaint threads and uninformed…………………………………………………Wait, whats that? Its not even out yet? But this thread………………..

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Everyone here appears entirely too intelligent to make complaint threads and uninformed…………………………………………………Wait, whats that? Its not even out yet? But this thread………………..

Um. You don’t need to play it to realize you want to be able to chose what you’re doing. Easy way to prove it, say you hit que and you could either end up in pvp or in a dungeon with 4 others and you had no say about it and was punished if you left, youd quickly realize why this is a bad idea. They are vastly different modes.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Um. You don’t need to play it to realize you want to be able to chose what you’re doing. Easy way to prove it, say you hit que and you could either end up in pvp or in a dungeon with 4 others and you had no say about it and was punished if you left, youd quickly realize why this is a bad idea. They are vastly different modes.

What path do you prefer using when doing a timed rush for the opponents lord?

What is the best comp on this map?

Why would you compare a mode in which your opponent is a player to that of the environment and NPCs, and expect that to be taken seriously?

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Why would you compare a mode in which your opponent is a player to that of the environment and NPCs, and expect that to be taken seriously?

Because you ignored my point just to be a smart kitten . They’re entirely different game modes where people will have timely preferences and don’t want to be forced to RNG their way into what they want to do.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Because you ignored my point just to be a smart kitten . They’re entirely different game modes where people will have timely preferences and don’t want to be forced to RNG their way into what they want to do.

I didn’t ignore your point. I simply pointed out how your point is very uninformed, due to a total lack of experience to make one.

By the way, who are the “people” you are claiming to speak for? Did they vote for you to represent them somewhere or are you being presumptuous in assuming you speak for more then yourself?

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

They said our guilds would have their own leader boards, so I hope queuing as a guild will get you slotted for Stronghold, or else it just isn’t that different from queuing now with teams from your guild.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I didn’t ignore your point. I simply pointed out how your point is very uninformed, due to a total lack of experience to make one.

By the way, who are the “people” you are claiming to speak for? Did they vote for you to represent them somewhere or are you being presumptuous in assuming you speak for more then yourself?

The “people” are the 91% who voted they’d rather them split, I guess you could say. And you say you are getting my point, but you’re not. It’d be like arena and BGs being on the same que in WoW. We’re informed ENOUGH to know that they cater to different play styles and one shouldn’t be forced if someone only wishes to do the other.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

So the plan seems to add Stronghold to a random list? Personally I’m not interested in a pve based pvp match up that requires a completely different build and/or class than the other maps.
If it draws Stronghold I can imagine mass drop outs before the match even starts.
It’s so different, it needs a separate queue. Especially if it supposed to be for guild rankngs.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The “people” are the 91% who voted they’d rather them split, I guess you could say. And you say you are getting my point, but you’re not. It’d be like arena and BGs being on the same que in WoW. We’re informed ENOUGH to know that they cater to different play styles and one shouldn’t be forced if someone only wishes to do the other.

Your not forced. You get a vote at the map scree, and can leave at anytime.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

So the plan seems to add Stronghold to a random list? Personally I’m not interested in a pve based pvp match up that requires a completely different build and/or class than the other maps.
If it draws Stronghold I can imagine mass drop outs before the match even starts.
It’s so different, it needs a separate queue. Especially if it supposed to be for guild rankngs.

That’s just it. Seems as though Strongholders don’t want to conquest. Conquesters don’t want to Stronghold. Best bet is to separate.

Need more “I will not conquest to Stronghold!” sigs imo. :P They’ll get the point. All is vain.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Need more “I will not conquest to Stronghold!” sigs imo. :P They’ll get the point. All is vain.

Here you go.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

Great idea! Stats are a plus in any cause.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I voted yes along with 91% of all the other people.

I think Anet will eventually see sense and put it in its own queue before the expansion comes out. Just takes them sometime for common sense to kick in….

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Same queue = not gonna play it.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Same queue = not gonna play it.

In fact i will ALT-F4 and cause a lot of 4vs5.

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Your not forced. You get a vote at the map scree, and can leave at anytime.

You can vote from 3 random maps, most of the time stronghold won’t be one of them
You can’t leave a pvp match once it has started

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I voted no by accident lol sorry xD

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Stronghold Poll

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I voted no by accident lol sorry xD

You ruined he whole poll! Ugh, start a new one!