[Suggestion]Downstate

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

When you’ve just been downed and you’re trying to rez yourself when you’re being attacked, your heal is interrupted and it’s very difficult to try to revive yourself unless you have a teammate come to rez you or try to anyway.

How about when you’re being cleaved in downstate, your heal cannot be as easily interrupted, but it still has a chance to be interrupted. Then as soon as you have teammates come and revive you, your heal returns to its normal function.

I think something like this would be nice if you were outnumbered on a point or wherever. Also, the downed state bandage skill should have a 3 second cool down rather than 5. (It shouldn’t be coming off its cool down when you enter downstate)

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

If your trying to res yourself when there are enemies around…your doing it wrong. It’s probably better that you just die because the amount of time it will take for you to res isn’t worth it most of the time.

B O I N K

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

probably

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Helllllllll no,downed state is the Wort of the worst kitten mechanics ive EVER seen in any mmo ive played,and really that are more then 25+.If all,Downed state needs to be nerfed so all classes have the same stupid downed state as a warr has,Throw a rock and die.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Downed state ruined this game. People claim it “adds team play” but it doesn’t. What it really does is:

- Allows people to go full glass and try to lulburst everyone so they can scream in vent for raises when they die, and complain about “tank meta” because people can build proper builds that deal some damage and can survive, rather than try to faceroll zerker like 2 shotting people is skill or something.

- On the same token, promotes carrying people.

- Diminishes the value of support, REAL team play, because working hard to keep your buddies up isn’t as easy as bursting down a guy and rezzing your whole team with a stealth stomp.

- Ruined PvE because support nor any other role has a purpose, more zerker spam, and every boss has to have sheer 1 shot mechanics just to ensure anyone can die because otherwise it’d be too easy when you can pick anyone up who falls down. So rather than play support and make sure your team doesn’t lose, you just try to kill everything in 30 seconds and continuously pick eachother up.

That’s the basics anyways… PvE and PvP in this game could have been so much better, and people could have had real roles, but nope. It turned into Zerker smash everything, add condition spammers and “Bunkers” in pvp, who do absolutely nothing combat related other than live for ever and are pro carriers.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

I’ve been saying it since beta, remove downstate and tone down the burst/tank extremes.

You already removed underwater pvp because, well because it was just plain awful. It’s time to make this game worth something and remove the downstate.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Exactly. Tone down Zerker damage scaling, bump their defenses, nerf bunker defenses and bump their damage, bring the stuff closer to the middle and we’re on a good track to a game that isn’t 2 shots versus the immortals.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Guys, just stop.

Downed state is absolutely excellent and creates great gameplay moments and opportunities.

Enough minority qq, go discuss something legit.

/lock

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Downed state doesn’t create good plays. It ruins good plays. 1v2 and 1v3s that SHOULD have happened get totally negated because there’s too much strength in numbers.

Those plays are way more, or WOULD be way more valuable than these “super great plays” where 3 people were on the ground, but 1 guy on your team dies and gets stealth stomped so the whole enemy team pops up. That’s not “great plays”, and entire team of losers just got carried by a lame mechanic.

/unlock.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Sounds like an exciting, memorable shift in the fight. Should have been more careful there, but at least you had an unforgettable experience.

/zip

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

More like a facepalm moment wondering what the devs were thinking. This goes beyond PVP, though too.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: SStelter.4712

SStelter.4712

Downstate is fine, the only possible positive change might be a cap on how many people can rally off of one death.

That’s it.

Notice Us Senpai [SAMA]
All your base are belongg to us [AYB]
Sylvari are people not produce [PETP]

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

snip

Skill should largely determine combat effectiveness to prosper competition by way of success gained through hardship.

Reviving is already too easygoing, lets not make it brainless.

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

Sounds like an exciting, memorable shift in the fight. Should have been more careful there, but at least you had an unforgettable experience.

Perhaps you would be inclined to adding one-hit-kill abilities into the game? Same principal; disproportionately effective ability compared to other in-game competencies.

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Guys, just stop.

Downed state is absolutely excellent and creates great gameplay moments and opportunities.

Enough minority qq, go discuss something legit.

/lock

Nice troll.

Explain to me how adding a completely unnecessary mechanic creates great gameplay moments? In the history of competitive gaming, has there ever been a game that was successful that had such features?

The downstate has never succeeded at adding any great gameplay moments because it, by its very nature, is designed to ruin good, and more importantly, successful, gameplay. Excellent timing and superior skills are smashed into a giant wall that is the downstate, limiting further momentum your team may have created in the process. Everything comes crashing to a halt when someone goes into the downstate, its like its own stupid little mini-game you have to slog through in order to get back to the action.

At its core, GW2 has a great and memorable combat system. It has a LOT of potential to be a real contender in the e-sports scene. Things like the downstate really hold it back. Think about the other side of e-sports, the audience. Who enjoys watching someone, who by all rights should be dead, lay there in a stupid prone position while his flock of teammates stops everything they’re doing to come and get him back up? All of the action of that teamfight, all of the suspense and adrenaline and momentum is just straight GONE because of some silly feature that was included because no one else had done it. Unique=/=good.

All class balance aside, PvP was fun and engaging when I played, but something I could never get over was how frustrating it was when I 1v2/3 opponents, won (got them to the downstate) and was then attacked and downed by 2/3 people spamming their downstate skills. Or had their friends show up and rez them. OR when one loss in a teamfight resulted in the entire team standing back up again (even when it was in our favor, it was the dumbest mechanic i’ve encountered in competitive games).

It simply has no place in the competitive scene, and will continue to hold this game back from achieving greatness as a game.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Down state is fine for me. I just hate the rally system. 1 person dying shouldn’t miraculously revive 4 downed players. When you rally you already have slight invulnerability—and having all your work diminish due to 1 person’s death is pretty stupid. It’d be more challenging to have 1 person get credit for the rally and then everyone else has to either rally from another person or get ressed. This allow the other team to still finish off other opponents.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Down state is fine for me. I just hate the rally system. 1 person dying shouldn’t miraculously revive 4 downed players. When you rally you already have slight invulnerability—and having all your work diminish due to 1 person’s death is pretty stupid. It’d be more challenging to have 1 person get credit for the rally and then everyone else has to either rally from another person or get ressed. This allow the other team to still finish off other opponents.

This is pretty much my opinion, downed is fine in pvp but rallying shouldnt be allowed, its a great pve mechanic when you screw up, but in spvp sucks

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

This is pretty much my opinion, downed is fine in pvp but rallying shouldnt be allowed, its a great pve mechanic when you screw up, but in spvp sucks

I disagree with it being a great PVE mechanic. All of the bosses need to have large 1 shot mechanics and SUPER high auto hits just to compensate for downed state because people never “just die”, so they have to make stuff as chaotic and as hard hitting as possible or everyone would just keep getting raised forever. If people just died bosses could be more interesting and less one-shotty.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

I disagree with it being a great PVE mechanic. All of the bosses need to have large 1 shot mechanics and SUPER high auto hits just to compensate for downed state because people never “just die”, so they have to make stuff as chaotic and as hard hitting as possible or everyone would just keep getting raised forever. If people just died bosses could be more interesting and less one-shotty.

I was actually talking about leveling, not exactly boss fight, but, you know bosses are suposed to die to players right? Pve is suposed to be easy (especially on this game)

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I was actually talking about leveling, not exactly boss fight, but, you know bosses are suposed to die to players right? Pve is suposed to be easy (especially on this game)

They’re not bosses if they don’t have any sort of challenge. There’s casual then there’s trivial.

Not all bosses are easy, neither. They’re just hard because they have tons of 1 shots because that’s the only way they can design fights around downed state.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

They’re not bosses if they don’t have any sort of challenge. There’s casual then there’s trivial.

And that is how they like them….

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Well, perhaps I stepped out of line then. That’s not my thing, certainly. XD

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

Add me to “would like to see downed state gone” list. A poster above claims that we are minority, but it seems the general consensus is: “downed state should go” all up and down this post…

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t think it’s a minority. Those who definitely want it are as much of a minority as those who want it to go. There’s just a lot of people who don’t care, which mean it likely will never change. It would require a HUGE rebalance of the game, which.. Isn’t anet’s specialty.

Plus, it’d kick all the PVE casuals right in the junk, all their shiny grind armor wouldn’t be able to save them. x.X People would have to play something other than Zerker for once in PVE haha.

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

Lol, people arent getting the minority reference… Allie Murdock said in a thread (can’t remember wich one I think it was about skyhammer) saying that players on the spvp forum were a minority and basically dismissing everything said by them…

[Suggestion]Downstate

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Oh. Well. Funny thing about PvPers is we had to buy everything in the gem store we wanted with real cash because PVPers made virtually no gold to convert to gems. At least we’re paying customers. :P