Svanir needs a nerf! =]

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

The other day a thief and a ranger went for Svanir at the very start. He killed them. They rezzed and, being the beast that he is, he friggin’ did it again. I’m not sure what happened the rest of the match because I went to the beach and tried out the “/dance” emote thing because I had to pee and needed to make another drink. I’m pretty sure we lost though.

p.s. “/dance” works…even has sound effects and kitten

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Saw an ele before who rushed to this beast only to be killed in seconds. Funniest thing ever.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

protip. have ele tornado. have engi pull him into tornado. Watch him fly 20m up. gg.

Bad Elementalist

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I actualy love that, i wish they made them a bit stronger so it take 3 new people to beat him.

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I believe that that map would be more fun without the 2 bosses. Not hard to make a map with just the 3 points and not special annoying mechanic.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Big plays.

I believe that that map would be more fun without the 2 bosses. Not hard to make a map with just the 3 points and not special annoying mechanic.

The svanir/chieftain mechanic is probably the most boring secondary mechanic seing how they barely come into play outside of really close matches and when both teams go for a beast it pretty much becomes a coinflip. You can always get unlucky, not crit a backstab or something and some random burn tick from the oposing bunker guard finishes it off and the other team gets the kill. I even had it once that the parrot from pirate runes stole svanir even though the ranger who summoned it wasn’t even close to it.

Completly removing it would be meh because every map has a secondary mechanic. The best secondary mechanic imo are the buffs on temple since they are the only secondary mechanic that causes actual fights, 1v1s, 2v2s and not some random PvEsports stuff like pretty much all the other mechanics.

They could change the secondary mechanic on forrest. After you get the last hit on one of the beasts there is a thingy you need to communicate for like one or two seconds and it disappears after like 30 seconds and people from the other team can interupt your channeling. Since it’s barely worth it to go for the beasts now and this would make it even less worth you obv would need to raise the points you get from that quite a bit. Just a random idea I got while typing this. :<

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Big plays.

The svanir/chieftain mechanic is probably the most boring secondary mechanic seing how they barely come into play outside of really close matches and when both teams go for a beast it pretty much becomes a coinflip. You can always get unlucky, not crit a backstab or something and some random burn tick from the oposing bunker guard finishes it off and the other team gets the kill. I even had it once that the parrot from pirate runes stole svanir even though the ranger who summoned it wasn’t even close to it.

Completly removing it would be meh because every map has a secondary mechanic. The best secondary mechanic imo are the buffs on temple since they are the only secondary mechanic that causes actual fights, 1v1s, 2v2s and not some random PvEsports stuff like pretty much all the other mechanics.

They could change the secondary mechanic on forrest. After you get the last hit on one of the beasts there is a thingy you need to communicate for like one or two seconds and it disappears after like 30 seconds and people from the other team can interupt your channeling. Since it’s barely worth it to go for the beasts now and this would make it even less worth you obv would need to raise the points you get from that quite a bit. Just a random idea I got while typing this. :<

I don’t know, invis pulling the creatures away from the attacking group (like with engineer magnet) and then crow bar smashing the creature to death has led to a number of clutch turnarounds in games I’ve been in. If you time it right you can make things go in your favor like 80-90% of the time which is much better than a coin flip.

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t know, invis pulling the creatures away from the attacking group (like with engineer magnet) and then crow bar smashing the creature to death has led to a number of clutch turnarounds in games I’ve been in. If you time it right you can make things go in your favor like 80-90% of the time which is much better than a coin flip.

I second that. The other option is sending a thief with the mug trait. It does the exact same amount of damage every time it hits. Or a Mind Wrack. Or a well timed fear. Well, there is actually a lot of methods to make sure you kill the beast.

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I second that. The other option is sending a thief with the mug trait. It does the exact same amount of damage every time it hits. Or a Mind Wrack. Or a well timed fear. Well, there is actually a lot of methods to make sure you kill the beast.

Well you can maybe put odds in your favor by saving a burst for the end but there is still no way of “making sure” you will get it, especially not when multiple people from each team go for the beast because it is game deciding which is kind of the only situation in higher level play in which people ever go for them anyways.

Bullet Punch

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Doesn’t need a nerf.. L2p you can solo it – practice in the lobby.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Sarcasm…the forgotten language

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I guess it happens when people read only title of thread in entire thread.

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I guess it happens when people read only title of thread in entire thread.

My sarcasm detector failed once again
I walked right into that one !

I was like how hard can it be?
I must admit in the practice lobby they seem to be 20-30% easier than in-match. That could probably be fixed and make the practice lobby much harder.

I have seen many interesting failures in taking it down though.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Svanir needs a nerf! =]

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Keep them please. The fun/frustration you have when you steal a Svanir/Chieftain kill, or have one stolen from you, is one of the best things about Niflheim.