Teamspeak in Solo Q BAN IT?

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

If macros are bannable, Why isn’t teamspeak?
Its unfair to those who don’t have speakers or a mic + a bad connection.
Is Anet allowing this or whats going on. They are voice communicating when to Q also and owning 2 hard in SoloQ its OP.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

well when youre inside, there is this short queue time where one player can just pop a teamspeak server and your Solo Queue team can log on there.

But what difference does it make? less typing. you can type your comms. people here have suggested efficient ways to do so.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Whys any team use voip? TP CC etc. Call out stun then 1shot. Its unfair you cant do that while fighting. Chain attacks together like that.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

It’s fair, deal with it, spend 5$ and get a mic. Most laptops have a mic built in.

TS, Mumble, Ventrilo are all free.

Plus Arenanet can’t ban TS, it’s not affecting in-game play in any way (doesn’t change or modify files).

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Whys any team use voip? TP CC etc. Call out stun then 1shot. Its unfair you cant do that while fighting. Chain attacks together like that.

Reserved for team queue and syncers. And that scenario is usual in teams who have played together or practiced together.

But the general Solo Que crowd, nah. they just want to log in and play. VoIP is a bonus.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Macros screw up in game play so does Teamspeak in soloQs. Its meant to be solo not talking to 4 team members on voip

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

So why does CS:GO has built in VOIP in solo? Because they want you to play as a TEAM even though it’s solo. THe same with lots of the commands in LoL.

VoIP in gw2 would work the best, because it’s very communication heavy but I don’t see this happening anytime soon.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

WoW had macros and voip.. GW2 has neither so you should get banned if you use any. Its an unfair advantage. Compare more games,, this is GW2.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

lol, ban someone for doing a more effective means of communications, you silly.
Why do you even bring up some people don’t have a mic, if your team is on voice you’ll probably win even if you don’t have a mic.

Also a lot of people are pretty dumb and don’t realize that when you play on a labtop… it comes with a built in mic if you have a camera on it…. just saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Can you imagine the level of trollness if there was VOIP in solo Q? People would be playing random sound clips all day and annoy everyone…Happened all the time in CS.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I hope we get a voice call system eventually, that will solve all this.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I prefer awesomeness commands than voice ip. I have got a large army of anti-socials with me who would appreciate that.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@uber ban someone for macros? Its the same. Id rather play a team with all macros and I had voip vs them having Voip and us using macros. Voip is was more game chaning than macros.
Voip shouldnt be used in SoloQ unfair to those who dont/cant

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

It’s fair, deal with it, spend 5$ and get a mic. Most laptops have a mic built in.

Plus Arenanet can’t ban TS, it’s not affecting in-game play in any way (doesn’t change or modify files).

TS doesn’t affect in game play?

Yea that’s why we all use it right? To make our play better.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

@uber ban someone for macros? Its the same. Id rather play a team with all macros and I had voip vs them having Voip and us using macros. Voip is was more game chaning than macros.
Voip shouldnt be used in SoloQ unfair to those who dont/cant

I don’t know what your talking about, I never used macros. When you say that to me it sounds like botting, where you just move around and you let your computer do all the calculations on when to dodge what combos to lay down, when to lay them down so it actually lands ect. The only time I saw botting, a lot of botting was playing Quake 1, where people could literally keep you in the air with the shaft, it was that perfect, I’m surprised people haven’t carried it to other games that or other games have been doing a very good job at preventing people from botting. Because if you ever played Quake 1, its nearly impossible to keep someone in the air as they jump with the shaft, if you can make a program that does all those calculations in GW2, you’d see people that never die 1v1 because they perfectly dodge everything and land everything, you’d be surprised. Humans can make errors, but bots never make errors.

I haven’t seen anyone in GW2 crazy enough to be called a bot though haven’t seen any bots since Quake1. Quake1 had some sick bots too though, some bots will shoot people behind you while your facing forward, if you have lightning gun and your playing arena with unlimited ammo you literally kill people in mere seconds because they so accurate it never misses and people cant sneak up on you because it shoots backwards too, some crazy kitten, all you have to do is be in range and as soon as your in los and it sees someone zap 1 second 2 second 3 second they dead, also switches guns automatically as well, uses best possible calculation of dealing damage. Only the best bots where those players that could maneuver very well and get in good spots and dodge. The only difference between Quake1 is so many different servers admined by different people, most of the players didn’t know who to contact if someone was botting, so you’d see a couple of people bot all the time. But with GW2 they admin there own servers and people know how to report them, just like all these new games out right now admining there own servers, so this is why you don’t see many people bot anymore because they easily get banned.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

TS doesn’t affect in game play?

Yea that’s why we all use it right? To make our play better.

No, it doesn’t affect in-game play. It affects cooperation and team-play, but in terms of in-game play AKA files or structures removed or remapped as in altering the game in anyway. Then no, TS does not affect that.

ArenaNet jurisdiction does not apply to your computer, but it does however apply to their files.

Get TS, Mumble or Vent. If you want to que up for tournaments and win, then use these available means as a method to improve your play.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Neither do macros but the stance on macros is pretty clear.
Honestly I don’t care either way because solo q can never really measure a skill level. Only way to really do that is to compare to others filling the same role as yourself.

So macros, ts, timers, etc, it doesn’t matter. As long as your not glitching around the map.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

If players are able to reach the com level of a premade or a typical pug group then obviously that defeats the purpose of Soloque and obviously its NOT Soloque.

Insert commands aka LoL example.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Solo Q is like hotjoin. Ive never seen anyone their use TS oh wait those awesome zerg. Then that makes solo Q hotjoin I guess.
But come on voip in a soloQ play fair community that Ive heard was supposed to be great!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

It’s rather preposterous to expect ANet to ban people (in fact this game would be mocked relentlessly if they did do this because I have never even heard of something so crazy) for using TS/Mumble/Vent/Skype/etc in a solo queue, because while yes they can be using it to sync solo queue (and if they are they would find another way to communicate anyway because they are already pretty low life), more than likely they are (like me) using it to have general conversations with their friends while playing like a normal person would usually do.

ANet could implement an in-game Voice chat, but that would require heaps of effort and time put in game by the already buckled down PvP staff, and IMO there are far more pressing issues than that at the moment. League and most other competitive games function fine without in game voice chat through the use of pings and text chat (which this game has), so I see no reason to expend resources on developing it in this game

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

i love this thread
master troll
A+

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

/Throws milo under the carpet, then continues sweeping…

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

WoW had macros and voip.. GW2 has neither so you should get banned if you use any. Its an unfair advantage. Compare more games,, this is GW2.

Using your logic…everybody should use the same quality PC, mouse and keyboard. They should also only be allowed to play if all the FPS match exactly.

There is something called “common sense” and “perspective”.

Voip does no modification to the game. It’s just a tool to communicate, and it is universally available to EVERYBODY…plus it is free.

Macros and addons may be free and available to all, but most of them require the actual game program (i.e. GW2) to support it or not. Thus, it’s totally within the game’s discretion to decide if they are fair game or not.

With WoW, they allowed casual gameplay to have mods/addons/macros/etc. However, their official tournaments only allowed communication between players…no mods/addons/etc.

With GW2, they seem to be more consistent with banning most of the same things for casual gameplay as they would for an official tournament.

Why you would contort logic and think Anet is choosing the wrong path of the two is puzzling.

If you want to whine about losing in Solo Q, why would you choose something that you can change yourself.

Just start a Teamspeak and bark out orders…if it’s as easy as you imply.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Would be kind of hard to ban someone using TS or some voip program, because it will be hard to prove it in SoloQ. It would definitely be an advantage if you could get all the randoms to one TS to make it like a premade, though really it defeats the purpose at all of doing SoloQ.

I believe its kind of sad people would even go to these lengths. These kind of people probably want total control of their team, barking out orders like a armchair general and cannot wait till they invent some kind of internet mental manipulation technology so they can control 5 necros at once.

People need to realize that no matter how hardcore some people are about the game and believe in their mind that the game has attained the holy mythical esport seal of approval from baby jesus himself, the game itself is a proven B grade esport title that is mocked and avoided by practically anyone who is looking to make a real name for himself in the wide world of esports.

So what I’m getting at is people should just play to have fun, stop trying to give this game the royal treatment until anet upgrades this from a B-grade to A-grade pvp game.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I don’t agree with the OP. Voip is a good thing.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

I never said voip wasn’t a good thing. But when 5 people are either syncing or have voip and the other team doesn’t thats unfair.
This is Solo Arena not team Arena.
Macros are a good thing as it also helps new players do thing pro players are doing. But cant use those!
Why Voip using a 3rd party app for Solo Arena just so you win? Im confused

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: FlamingForce.6389

FlamingForce.6389

I’m starting to think this Krayiss guy is just mad trolling.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Get a mic and do the same. If you won’t go to the same lengths to achieve coordination, you are the one to blame. This is rather silly to complain about and sounds childish.

If you were missing your right thumb (assuming you are right-handed), I bet you would want everyone else to cut off their thumbs, because you believe the game has to revolve around you solely.

Others don’t have an advantage over you. The reason that you are at a disadvantage is your problem, not Anet’s.

Bad connection? Whose fault might that be?

No speakers and mic? It’s considered very normal to possess these items nowdays. If you can’t afford them, I wonder how you could afford GW2 and a computer to begin with.

OP is either a troll, or a very desperate and young individual that needs a scapegoat other than him/herself, where the original problem lies.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

I’m starting to think this Krayiss guy is just mad trolling.

Oh no, he is just someone who is so jealous of others since he can not have it.. “Oh look at me, I am cool..”..Wait that guy is cooler, so that is not allowed…Duh…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

They should just make the idle time 15s then it would be pretty hard to get in vent in time or they could lock chat until there is only 15s till start.

I think having some use it and some not defeats the reason to have solo que I mean we want everyone on the same level meta free.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Stealth.9324

15s is too short to do ANYTHING. We want soloQ as a bridge for people to evolve from Hotjoin Zerg, not to make it another Hotjoin with rewards.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Great people are bashing me now. Yet alot of people agree with this + alot more ingame.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Keybindings are unfair. Its not fair that someone can bind keys to their will. Keys have feelings and last time i checked slavery was illegal. Keybindings give some players a unfair advantages anet remove all keybinds to level everyone on the same clicking playing field.
#freethekeys

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Um… Ok let approach this in a different way since my post was deleted for being rude and provoke players. Here go nothing: "Please dear user, if you would kindly count how many people, strictly speaking in this post, would agree with the idea you post and let me know the number. Your effort would be much appreciated. Also please dear user, next time, please don’t confuse “a lot” and “a few” " Thank you for your patience and have a good day, dear sir

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

This is crazy. Why not ban keyboards, gaming mice, energy drinks, comfy chairs and rainbows and happiness while you’re at it.

Anet climbing in your windows, snatching your microphones up.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

I got a better idea “Please ban and delete any unreasonable suggestion and give people who suggest those a warning”….All for a healthier community.

(edited by Stealth.9324)

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWraith.6732

PistolWraith.6732

It’s unfair because someone doesn’t have a mic which he could buy for a few bucks? Is it also unfair that some people have better PCs and higher fps? Is it unfair that an old toaster laptop runs the game 10 fps in PvP while others have high end PCs?

If a soloQ team agree to use voip for more effective teamplay, then they’re better teamplayers.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

It’s unfair because someone doesn’t have a mic which he could buy for a few bucks? Is it also unfair that some people have better PCs and higher fps? Is it unfair that an old toaster laptop runs the game 10 fps in PvP while others have high end PCs?

If a soloQ team agree to use voip for more effective teamplay, then they’re better teamplayers.

It is unfair that you are richer than me. It is unfair that you have so many friends than me. It is unfair that you are more handsome than me, and the list go on an on…. Troll off ._…..

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

This is crazy. Why not ban keyboards, gaming mice, energy drinks, comfy chairs and rainbows and happiness while you’re at it.

Anet climbing in your windows, snatching your microphones up.

I could get on board now that you put it that way.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: youkai.2394

youkai.2394

And how are you going to prove they used TS?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

What about people who used webcam + sign language to signal their stuns?

Don’t think there is a way to prove it even if its a ban-able offense.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

signing takes 2 hands & you couldn’t do that while fighting but make fun of ASL people more…

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

milo.6942

make gw2 into a malware-like software that constantly inspects your computer against your wishes and bans you from pvp while you have teamspeak, ventrilo, skype, mumble, msn messenger, google talk, steam voip, yahoo messenger, aol messenger, oovoo, bria, phoner, phonerlite active while game is running. also it inspects any currently open web browser looking for google hangout or other similar conferencing websites.

completely rational request.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Teamspeak does not directly modify the game files to make game-play easier.

Macros do.

Macro’s give you an unfair in-game advantage.

Teamspeak’s advantage can still be gained if your all in the same room.

Teamspeak does not give you an unfair advantage, because of that.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Milo gets it. Your forgetting a few but ya
Oh great now we got people in the same room screen hoping.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

milo.6942

Teamspeak does not directly modify the game files to make game-play easier.

Macros do.

just as a btw fyi, macros don’t modify game files. then it would be more of a hack.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

15s should be plenty of time since most people have already chosen there position before they even get into a match position call/adjustment and go. If they are hot join well there are just going to zerg anyway. We all understand that you like to rage a bads we do too, but it is counter productive. The hotjoin/bad players will always be stuck in the bottom 30% so the point of education is moot because if your that low in the rankings your in no place to instruct anyone. Now the reason we wanted solo join was to even the playing field by taking the meta aspect out of it so by using ts your exploiting the system we asked for.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Don’t forget to ban people for playing in the same room. Lots of Hubby/Wife evil combo’s, or weekend beers & lan party.

I guess the dev’s could also finish up there VOIP in game, so all could talk/listen to live plans.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This could all be alleviated if YOU had a microphone, and or friends, and if Anet would implement a in-game voice chat.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Don’t know if troll…

I will take this post serious for the time being.

Really though that’s something not only hard to enforced but is rather unreasonable. Is like saying ban players who use a gaming mouse, or a better computer.

Sorry in advance if already said, I didn’t read all the posts.

But I think a better solution to this would be an in game voice communication feature for 5 man groups. It would solve a lot of these problems as well as enhance other aspects of the game.

The real problem is, unlike a MOBA or DotA you can have a general idea of where your going. But it’s a bit different here than having different phases that structure the game from start to end, communication is key thought the entire instance of play, where you have to use more than just body language, it’s evident in something like LoL to know when to push with your ally or when to pull back.

People here are more often roaming for an objective and less having one small group to learn to outplay for a short game of tug of war.

So unless the game types change or there is some sort of shift in the structure (actually it’d kind of be fun if they added that anyways) I think adding in game voice communication is enough to solve a lot of problems for this situation.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”