Tested Dhuumfire nerf - Guess % nerf

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I decided to compare the current Dhuumfire to the post patch version to see exactly what % nerf Anet calculated for this grandmaster trait.

It’s hard to do an efficient analysis using sPvP, so I decided to test the best case scenario for the post patch version.

First, I spent 60 seconds (+/- one second for inaccurate time keeping) hitting the indestructible Target Golem with Dhuumfire traited and was routinely able to get 5-6 procs of burning while spamming scepter 1.

To test the post patch version, I traited for quick LF generation and I did everything possible to build LF as quick as possible (used locust swarm and unholy feast on cooldown).

I swapped to DS everytime I had enough Life Force and it was on cooldown. I also immediately swapped out of DS after just hitting 1 Life Blast, so I could go back and build more Life Force for the next cooldown of DS and Dhuumfire.

Even with this absurd effort that in no way will resemble real life…the average was only 4 Life Blasts spaced between the recharge time of the Dhuumfire.

This crude but conservative calculation means the nerf is over 20% even with a totally unrealistic rotation.

Against the Mist NPCs that fight back, this rotation isn’t even possible and the nerf is more like 50-80% (in addition to it neutering your defenses because you’re having to blow Life Force and fear just to make sure the life blast hits and you get this grandmaster trait to do anything.)

Against real players who dodge, evade, immune, stealth, block, blind, reflect, etc. you can easily imagine the nerf % being a multiple of my target dummy experiment.

Now…maybe I’m missing something…maybe they are going to significantly increase the payoff for hitting a Dhuumfire with Life Blast and/or reduce the internal cooldown. If so, then you would have a more complicated formula for calculating the nerf %.

However, if not, then they probably would be better off just removing the trait altogether and replacing it with something that is actually worthy of grandmaster level.

Either way, it’s peculiar that a passive and widely regarded OP heal like Warrior Healing Signet gets only a 8% nerf…Perplexity runes which aren’t even allowed in sPvP because they are so OP get only a 30% nerf…yet a grandmaster trait gets made active and nerfed at a much higher %.

I would definitely be interested in hearing the logic behind this from Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

If this is true I applaud anet on a job well done

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Time to put those 30 points elsewhere then. Yay for build diversity. Tbh though it might have been better to put the burn on Dark Path and increase the duration a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Well everyone should recognize this nerf is massive. It is the ONLY nerf in the patch which actually buries a build which is borderline in the meta.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

Every single change they made regarding Dhuumfire, starting with it’s implementation, has been a massive poopstorm of errors and poor decisions. This is just a continuation of that. It’s like they have no idea what they want the necromancer to be, so they’re just randomly shuffling things around until something sticks.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

How about increased duration, runes of Balthazar and sigil of smoldering ?

you can make Dhuumfire last for around 7s and 6s burning from Heal

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

The patch isn’t out yet. They introduced a massive wad of power creep with the new stuff so your beloved Dumbfire will have new toys to play with.

I thought Necros hated Dumbfire…

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Why don’t they just remove dhuumfire and unnerf all the indirect nerfs they had to implement as a result of dhuumfire?

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

Nerferino dhuumfire ty

necro

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Now…maybe I’m missing something…maybe they are going to significantly increase the payoff for hitting a Dhuumfire with Life Blast and/or reduce the internal cooldown. If so, then you would have a more complicated formula for calculating the nerf %.

Burnig from Dhuumfire after patch will last 4s base, whereas currently you will only get two tics of burning for 30 in Spite.

Right now you can bump burn ticks from Dhuumfire up to 3 seconds with a single set of runes, while you will be able to get 5 second burns with it after the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

If they plan to do this to dhuumfire they should at LEAST buff the bleeding back to its original state. Why are they taking this away from necros? Necros are fine!

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

If they plan to do this to dhuumfire they should at LEAST buff the bleeding back to its original state. Why are they taking this away from necros? Necros are fine!

Not if you’re playing ele or engi.

in PvP

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

This gonna be a massive nerf. Hopefully lyssa nerf will make up for it but im doubtful. The removal of perplexity runes from the patch also doesn’t help as i imagined they thought the rune set would offset the loss of dhumfire. Its a shame lord rosicky will have to reroll to get no 1 again :P
Necros aren’t strong now and haven’t been since last summer. So all those people saying they deserve it are clearly don’t have any knowledge of the current meta.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

This gonna be a massive nerf. Hopefully lyssa nerf will make up for it but im doubtful. The removal of perplexity runes from the patch also doesn’t help as i imagined they thought the rune set would offset the loss of dhumfire. Its a shame lord rosicky will have to reroll to get no 1 again :P
Necros aren’t strong now and haven’t been since last summer. So all those people saying they deserve it are clearly don’t have any knowledge of the current meta.

Perplexity runes would have made every single condi build unstoppable.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Perplexity runes would have made every single condi build unstoppable.

Agreed!

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

How about increased duration, runes of Balthazar and sigil of smoldering ?

you can make Dhuumfire last for around 7s and 6s burning from Heal

Well, isn’t that something. I guess the OP has to run the numbers again when the patch finally lands.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

i was thinking a slightly nerfed version of perplexity would of been a good addition to the meta. But they do need another something to boost their dps as i feel it may be too low post patch.
Maybe more torment, a condition introduced for the necro but used to greater effect by warrior. Or they could revert to a pre dhumfire necro (kinda wish they would start again from pre dhumfire on all classes).

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

I don’t get the point of the test, also I dont really understand what you did to test it.
You don’t need to test anything, all the numbers are available and you can clearly see, when its gonna be more effective and when its gonna be less effective, to be a bit more concrete: there is a cutoff at some point. It depends on how long it’ll take you to hit a lifeblast, which depends on your opponent obv.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i don’t want healing signet nerfed more, they should now look at dogged march and adrenal healing, it is the combo of 3 passive heals that makes the meta builds OP.

i use a glass cannon war who has healing signet and its not fair that my survival gets nerfed because of the meta clones with adrenal healing, dogged march and healing sig.

also dhuumfire was changed to make it less “dumb fire” that requires nothing except spamming 1 to apply every damaging condition (high bleed stacks, burning and perma poison).

with the new version you will still be able to do some pretty awesome spikes with deathshroud 1+3 (burning and fear/terror) but now you will atleast need to click other buttons.