Thanks for the rank boost/Gold rates

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Thats all i really have to say, 3x rank for solo Q and Team Arena 5x so some of us can get to those ranks we have been working on faster

new glory vendor OP lol

15s win hotjoin/custom
10s loss

25s win Yolo Q
15s loss

30s win Team arena
15s loss

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

very much appreciated indeed

i always felt like there were more ppl in hotjoin than in tourneys – if people actually can farm rank easier in tourneys it might convince them to swap

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Just to clarify, we boosting the rank points for win chests in SA and TA the end of match rewards will be the same for now.

Also, to clarify, this went live a few minutes ago.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Just to clarify, we boosting the rank points for win chests in SA and TA the end of match rewards will be the same for now.

I just won one and got 250 rank points in solo q. You sure?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

so after the stream i dont understand why they dont give pvp-players gold for previous wins.. no one wanted gold for all games. we just asked for wins. is that so impossible?

and dont come and argue “the economy” u know exactly that a lot of that gold would immediatly go to the new vendor for t3 armors.

somehow a slap in the face for all the pvpler who played the last months trough every hell anet was throwing at them.

Attachments:

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

clint.5681

Im glad i saved those chests

edit: Is this for chests that you get after the change only or what? I didnt get any rank points.
edit 2: ahh of course how could i forget

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

(edited by clint.5681)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Wtf i opened chest but didnt get any rank points?

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I think you get the rank points as you accept the chest (when you click on it above your mini map), not when you open them.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

No you definitely will never get RP from opening chests…
….I hope…
but what about legendary precursors ;/ should I open mah chests or not..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

I think you get the rank points as you accept the chest (when you click on it above your mini map), not when you open them.

Should i cry or laugh?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Should i cry or laugh?

… Weird question, I’m not sure. But regardless you already got the rank points if you accepted the chest. The chests don’t give rank points… o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Nabrok.9023

In the live stream they said not to open chests until Tuesday, because after that you can get luck for breaking down the items.

They also said that luck will have a role in PvP somehow.

All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Of course, they meant the reward at the end of your match (the one that pops up on the right of your screen). Not to be confused with those useless tournament chests that you’ve been hoarding in some desperate hope of finally being rewarded for all those months of having absolutely no gold or valuable items to show for your time.

Those chests… cough will give you luck essences… you’ll have to wait till Tuesday for this awesome reward… or “you could hold on to them forever.” (Hugh Norfolk)

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

The rank points are not in the chests…
They are rewarded at the end of a tournament match you won.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why is the new new glory vendor OP ?

sorry i did not tune into the live stream

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Yep, sorry for the confusion. It’s when you accept the chest. That’s the time you get the bonus rank points and rewards.

You should now get 450 bonus points for a Solo Arena Win and 1000 bonus points for a Team Arena win. This is in addition to the the regular match rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Yeah I’m pretty sure all those people who were saving tons of chests (me being one of them :P) weren’t about to suddenly get a massive load of points lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

In that case, are you ever planning on fixing the region move bug where you don’t receive any chests until you have earned the same amount of chests in the new region?

Getting 1000 tournament wins with no chests just to start earning chests again isn’t a particularly fun prospect.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ya I got 250 for the win, then another 450 when I accepted the chest. This is for solo q.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Nabrok.9023

Yep, sorry for the confusion. It’s when you accept the chest. That’s the time you get the bonus rank points and rewards.

You should now get 450 bonus points for a Solo Arena Win and 1000 bonus points for a Team Arena win. This is in addition to the the regular match rewards.

Yup, I just got 450 for a solo win. Thank you!

All classes

in PvP

clint.5681

I was just playing, but i like some of the items you can get in there even tho the gold costs of the items kinda sucks

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

John, your ’live call’ was well played. Lot of good stuff coming out of this stream so far; looking forward to more episodes and future patches (especially ones that include new game modes).

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

John, your ‘live call’ was well played. Lot of good stuff coming out of this stream so far; looking forward to more episodes and future patches (especially ones that include new game modes).

Thanks! We tried to have some fun while showing off the stuff PvP and skills and balance have been working on. Make sure to catch us in a few weeks (12/20).

in PvP

clint.5681

Yeah the livestream and comment box was pretty entertaining. Next time show the dragon finisher please.

in PvP

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

Why is there such a huge disparity for solo and team arena? It used to be 150 and 200 respectively, and now it is a 60% decrease?

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Pretty happy with this, but I have a couple major problems. First off, I think the gold rewards are a little small for soloq and team q. I thought the hotjoin reward was right on, but I think soloq should be at least 30s for a win and team q at least 50s. I know that you don’t want rewards to be as high as dungeon spamming, but it seems like for team q this would be at most like 1g/hour, when I can make 5g/hr in pve easily. I think that being able to make 2-3g/hr from pvp wouldn’t be unreasonable. The other thing is that 25 skill points is a bit steep for players who are hardcore pvpers, and only do pvp. I have several friends like that, and it is going to be really hard for them to get these skills, even with the tomes for glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Getting 5g/hr in pve does take groups with knowhow, good comps, and good gear. But getting consistent wins in pvp also takes teamwork, skill, and practice. I think that being able to get 2-3g/hr for doing well in team q’s would be nice, and with the current gold rates I can’t see that happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

When are you going to fix the matching? Solo queue totally sucks because of all the new players and I keep losing because of them.

This isn’t fun.

If you aren’t going to fix it, then give us the chance to see the ranks on the team and leave if we don’t like it.

Seriously this is horrible!

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Izer.2083

Izer.2083

Maybe adding a penalty to people who leave the match before it end (Something Like a 10 – 15 mins delay before they can joining other server will be good) A lot of people worried about win-loase ratio too much… and the autobalance sometimes don;t work at all…

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Where is the new glory vendor?

I asked in game and was told to read patch notes but there are no patch notes…

in PvP

clint.5681

Where is the new glory vendor?

I asked in game and was told to read patch notes but there are no patch notes…

It comes December 10th

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

so good! thanks so much!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s funny because people are so excited to get money in PvP now and don’t realize to get anything they’re now need gold. Its the illusion of being rewarded, but in reality, if you have any glory saved up, you’re better off just going and farming in PvE to get your pvp rewards, now.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

It’s funny because people are so excited to get money in PvP now and don’t realize to get anything they’re now need gold. Its the illusion of being rewarded, but in reality, if you have any glory saved up, you’re better off just going and farming in PvE to get your pvp rewards, now.

Pretty much, yes.
This also means that if i want to farm and afk pvp, i will afk and farm teamqueue, the rewards are better .
Pvp is not played for rewards, is played for the competition. Trying to lure pve’rs into pvp by rewards won’t work, you can’t force a rabbit to eat meat, even if u hide a carrot inside the meat, it just doesn’t work.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

You shouldn’t be thanking them for trying to alleviate their conscience. They know they are screwing with the loyal PvP fanbase.

Don’t you dare help them sleep at night over the crap they are planning to dump on the PvP players.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Pretty much, yes.
This also means that if i want to farm and afk pvp, i will afk and farm teamqueue, the rewards are better .
Pvp is not played for rewards, is played for the competition. Trying to lure pve’rs into pvp by rewards won’t work, you can’t force a rabbit to eat meat, even if u hide a carrot inside the meat, it just doesn’t work.

When they start offering skins that you can use for PvE but only drop in PvP you will understand how wrong your statement is. People like unique skins. Achievement hounds will be all over the Achievements too. All the need to do is get people playing. I for one am super stoked that there will be shorter queues. Just watch.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why such discrimination against the solo players?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

EnemyCrusher.7324

Most of the solo queue players seem to be entering team queue alone now because it’s much more profitable. Discrimination against solo queue is starting to make it obsolete.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Most of the solo queue players seem to be entering team queue alone now because it’s much more profitable. Discrimination against solo queue is starting to make it obsolete.

I doubt this will keep up when people start to realize that they have a much lower chance of winning against a team of coordinated players. I mean, there are tremendous advantages to picking the class/builds of your team composition, being able to communicate over TS/Mumble/Vent, as well as playing with people that you have played with before.

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

I doubt this will keep up when people start to realize that they have a much lower chance of winning against a team of coordinated players. I mean, there are tremendous advantages to picking the class/builds of your team composition, being able to communicate over TS/Mumble/Vent, as well as playing with people that you have played with before.

While this is true you rarely encounter teams. And sometimes they are just a bunch of friends so they are basicaly random.

And as I said a few days before when you go random in soloQ everyone is cranky because of ranks which is not the case in teamQ so I am also one of those who rather join solo teamQ than soloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i dont understand why soloQ is x3 and teamQ x5

soloQ before was lower rank than teamQ – would they do both x5 than soloQ still would be lower than teamQ but atleast it would be fair

now i go team arena SOLO and dont rly care bout leaderboards and when i win 2 from 5 matches – fine for me cause i have same then i would have with 100% winlose in soloQ whats not possible and would be more like 50% so double the time

thats pathetic and there is no reason why teamQ should get more for same time
i realy dont like how arenanet start to force us to play teamQ – teamQ is not fun for solo players and i simply dont wanaa play or care for a team – i dont wanna have to play when 4 other guyz have time – i dont wanna sit in teamspeak – i just wanna play^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I never use SoloQ, I always used team queue even when rewards were not better.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

John, your ‘live call’ was well played. Lot of good stuff coming out of this stream so far; looking forward to more episodes and future patches (especially ones that include new game modes).

Thanks! We tried to have some fun while showing off the stuff PvP and skills and balance have been working on. Make sure to catch us in a few weeks (12/20).

I just want to thank The Lesh Prince of Bellevue for swallowing that backspace key. :-)

in PvP

EnemyCrusher.7324

Out of about 10 matches, I only encountered 3 enemy guild teams, and my random teams beat two of them. Winning 25% in team queue rewards better than winning 50% in solo queue, so it’s still worthwhile even if you fight organized teams half the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Woah, might I be able to hit 50 from 43 before the big change?

in PvP

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Thanks anet <3

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

I’m playing now team arena too, it’s all advantatges and only one bad thing.
No skyhammer, better rank/gold rewards and overall i had more “high level” matches, meaning people actually watch the minimap and help their teammates.
And the bad thing is just that maybe you will play against an organized team with comunication, but it doesn’t happen too often.

Sad to say it, but solo is now useless to me (and i play solo!!).