The Poll.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Ok, maybe i misread it, but doesn’t

Would restricting queuing for ranked matches to only one or two player groups for Season 5 improve the PvP experience?

read pretty much:
Do you want ranked to be either SOLO/DUO or TEAMS?
If i understood it right, i’m afraid others didn’t, because i can’t see how 80% of people DON’T want to play team pvp.
Sure separate queues SHOULD be implemented, but not have a either/or situation.
I mean if you do this, how do you even put stuff like guild teams and Challengers in that equation?

Would be awesome if we got some clarification on that.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Lol poll doesnt even work on me? It directs me to my account page?

But yeah… This is sad that most players do want to soloQ rather than teamQ…

If they do only one queue for ranked, and it’s only solo/duoQ, then we will lose even more players from PvP. There are players who don’t want to play only salty soloQ, so it would get from bad to worse.

We’ll see what’s gonna happen.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

The results so far are ridiculous. 80% of people want only solo or duo queue as the only option? I swear if this passes they need to ban people that whine about long losing streaks next season you have no more excuses for your awfulness. I’ve never seen a group based games where they have banned queueing as a group (not even a full group 3 or more) in pvp. This is nutty. I am astounded it looks like this is actually going to happen lol. The losers of the world are winning. Also, why isn’t this a poll on login? You would get way more responses asking all players as they log into the game this board is a magnet for the whiners of the world and only a small percentage of the overall player base in general ever comes here. How Mickey Mouse is it that this isn’t a log in poll? This whole thing is rigged garbage. I’ve played tons of MMORPGs over the years and when they poll players it happens IN THE GAME.

(edited by Drussthelegend.2630)

The Poll.

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

They should separate queues, to pure soloQ and then put teams (2-5 players) on other. But to get people on team queue, they should give them something extra, better rewards, more rewards or something to courage players to team up and play even with randoms.

This game is supposed to be social too, not only competitive. Competitive players can go solo, and get their rewards too, but just give better rewards to those who assign a team and play PvP for more than just title. And I don’t mean competitive guild team rewards! I mean rewards for even those PUG teams who uses LFG or have friends from other guilds and want to play PvP with them.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

The results so far are ridiculous. 80% of people want only solo or duo queue as the only option? I swear if this passes they need to ban people that whine about long losing streaks next season you have no more excuses for your awfulness. I’ve never seen a group based games where they have banned queueing as a group (not even a full group 3 or more) in pvp. This is nutty. I am astounded it looks like this is actually going to happen lol. The losers of the world are winning. Also, why isn’t this a poll on login? You would get way more responses asking all players as they log into the game this board is a magnet for the whiners of the world. How Mickey Mouse is it that this isn’t a log in poll? This whole thing is rigged garbage.

I definitely agree the poll should be conducted on login. But like everything in politics, there is a hidden agenda. If their goal was to improve gameplay for the population, a login poll would be a no-brainer. But if you are trying to appease the anger of a vocal minority, than you limit the poll to that group…

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I took it as,

A: [Solo & Duo]———[Team Queue]
Or
B: [Team Queue] (one big pool)

Surely it would be how I interpreted?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It redirects me to my account page.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

The Poll.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I took it as,

Or

Err my understanding is that there are no plans for a team queue if A wins.

YouTube

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

i can’t see how 80% of people DON’T want to play team pvp.

There is likely a much larger population of players who only solo/duo queue without dedicated groups, and end up feeling disadvantaged by large coordinated teams.

I’d like [Solo & Duo]———[Team Queue]

But maybe that is not sustainable with the population.

I’d rather they try “solo/duo only” for a season and see what happens, rather than out right dismiss the idea.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

The Poll.

in PvP

R O C.6574

I took it as,

Or

That probably is how it’s being interpreted, but it’s wrong. Which is why i think there is so much support for it.

Attachments:

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The results so far are ridiculous. 80% of people want only solo or duo queue as the only option? I swear if this passes they need to ban people that whine about long losing streaks next season you have no more excuses for your awfulness. I’ve never seen a group based games where they have banned queueing as a group (not even a full group 3 or more) in pvp. This is nutty. I am astounded it looks like this is actually going to happen lol. The losers of the world are winning. Also, why isn’t this a poll on login? You would get way more responses asking all players as they log into the game this board is a magnet for the whiners of the world and only a small percentage of the overall player base in general ever comes here. How Mickey Mouse is it that this isn’t a log in poll? This whole thing is rigged garbage. I’ve played tons of MMORPGs over the years and when they poll players it happens IN THE GAME.

This is very much expected result no matter where they poll the players.
The vast majority of players queue solo or duo in this game. So restricting queue to 1-2 players is advantageous to the majority.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Time to get the popcorn ready for this drama

The Poll.

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

Time to get the popcorn ready for this drama

Michael Jackson wants them back, you sneaky thief!

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

They should separate queues, to pure soloQ and then put teams (2-5 players) on other. But to get people on team queue, they should give them something extra, better rewards, more rewards or something to courage players to team up and play even with randoms.

This game is supposed to be social too, not only competitive. Competitive players can go solo, and get their rewards too, but just give better rewards to those who assign a team and play PvP for more than just title. And I don’t mean competitive guild team rewards! I mean rewards for even those PUG teams who uses LFG or have friends from other guilds and want to play PvP with them.

+1 to this

And im surprised people thought the poll was for

1. Solo/Duo and Team Q
2. Remain as it is.

It was explained in LENGTH that the vote is to make it SOLO/DUO ONLY in Season 5

You folks need to read slower. SMH

Reminds me of all those school exams which say at the top “please read the questions carefully” then people rush to finish the test and wonder why they fail.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I couldn’t help but burst out laughing when I saw it.

So I just assume ANet is giving up on the esports scene now since there’s then literally no way for teams to advance together lol.

The Poll.

in PvP

R O C.6574

So does this mean the join party option at the end of a match is going away?

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I took it as,

Or

You thought wrong sorry

Please read what Grouch wrote.

Hi all,

I’d like to take a moment to address some of the concerns posted since last Friday regarding the possibility of solo/duo queue.

The poll we’ll be running this week will simply ask if we should trial a solo/duo queue system during season 5. Assuming the poll passes and Season 5 is solo/duo ONLY, we’ll monitor feedback throughout the season and then run another poll at the end of S5 to ask folks if they’d like to see the change become permanent.

“But Josh, what about people that like to queue as premades, do guild missions, etc?” An overwhelming majority of players already play as solo/duo in leagues, but that doesn’t mean we’re not thinking about the groups and the guilds. That said, unranked arena will continue to accommodate roster sizes of up to 5. Guild missions will still be able to be completed in unranked arena. Assuming the post-season 5 permanence poll passes, we’ll evaluate the need for another environment where teams can compete (based on your feedback).

Hopefully that answers some of your questions!

Season 5 SOLO/DUO only if vote passes

Team Q allowed in Unranked for guild missions etc

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

i can’t see how 80% of people DON’T want to play team pvp.

There is likely a much larger population of players who only solo/duo queue without dedicated groups, and end up feeling disadvantaged by large coordinated teams.

I’d like [Solo & Duo]———[Team Queue]

But maybe that is not sustainable with the population.

I’d rather they try “solo/duo only” for a season see what happens then out right dismiss the idea.

Pretty much this. For a lot of people, for various reasons, it’s not practical to get a full team together.

On the other hand, though, eliminating full teams from ranked altogether is a bit silly – how else are teams going to work at qualifying for the high levels?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

They should separate queues, to pure soloQ and then put teams (2-5 players) on other.

But there can’t be TeamQ without soloplayers (Who gets matched with team of 4? ) and if solo players have the option to avoid teams, why wouldn’t they?

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

There’s really no issue with the poll, Josh already stated that their internal data show overwhelming amount of players in PvP play soloq. It should come as no surprise that the solo/duo queue option is going to win by a landslide.

I think Anet knows deep down they need to bring back soloq somehow. Players have consistently complained about it since they took soloq out. It’s really now a matter of finding a good way to provide solo/duo queue for majority of the players, while at the same time, find ways to provide that pre-made, competitive experience.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

As usual the squeky wheel gets the greese.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: RoxasEnds.4102

RoxasEnds.4102

So i guess i joined a PvP guild for season 5 for nothing then? i came back into the game after a 2 year haitus to play ranked pvp and reached diamond by playing solo queue where you just hope the players were cooperative and decent and on the occasion with the added benefit of receiving cancer. I had hoped to change that during season 5 by joining a guild so i can choose to solo or go in with a team. I dont care about unranked 5v5s … like ok??

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

people hate premades. Its just how its always been, making this vote unnecessary. Anyway I guess it doesnt hurt, something for people to look at when they complain about no more premades

The Poll.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I honestly think Anet planned on testing duo/solo only in season 5 regardless, they just did the poll so that they could justify it.

However I’m a little concerned that they backed themselves into a corner by promising a vote at end of season about whether the solo/duo should be permanent. Making that promise leaves them with no out if the season goes to hell. (I doubt allowing groups will ever win regardless of how poorly solo/duo only ends up)

YouTube

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I took it as,

Or

You thought wrong sorry

Please read what Grouch wrote.

Hi all,

I’d like to take a moment to address some of the concerns posted since last Friday regarding the possibility of solo/duo queue.

The poll we’ll be running this week will simply ask if we should trial a solo/duo queue system during season 5. Assuming the poll passes and Season 5 is solo/duo ONLY, we’ll monitor feedback throughout the season and then run another poll at the end of S5 to ask folks if they’d like to see the change become permanent.

“But Josh, what about people that like to queue as premades, do guild missions, etc?” An overwhelming majority of players already play as solo/duo in leagues, but that doesn’t mean we’re not thinking about the groups and the guilds. That said, unranked arena will continue to accommodate roster sizes of up to 5. Guild missions will still be able to be completed in unranked arena. Assuming the post-season 5 permanence poll passes, we’ll evaluate the need for another environment where teams can compete (based on your feedback).

Hopefully that answers some of your questions!

Season 5 SOLO/DUO only if vote passes

Team Q allowed in Unranked for guild missions etc

I missed that quote, thanks.

So Premades in Unrank queue only… how is that a good idea?

EDIT
I’m not gonna vote. It should be [solo+duo] and [team queue] options. If I was a player with a team, i’d be put off.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Jesus christ, 78.5 percent actually voted for solo/duo que only? I only hope this were just a few votes and that the poll last a week. Because if we do this. It means the following:

Unranked will now have premade teams in unranked vs people who are a bit more casual. Imagine a new player with his newbie friends getting completely kitten d by an premade team who played in ranked and did the guild challenger league, and this is assuming 3 party players and up fight actual premades.

Also premades who have been practicing for season 5 who actually preffered ranked play or were playing for rewards, Or had a goal set to reach division xyz. Now have to call of thier plans.

Nothing else has been done. In the end the problem has only shifted from one place to the other. Well if u realise that u are teamed up with 2 other players who play with spirit weapon DH’s and Condi Tempest. U’d have only yourself to blame, same counts for complaints in unranked of getting matched with premade teams that stomp the kitten out of your friend party. U have yourself to blame.

U don’t just put an group of players that actually takes the time to practice togeter in a game mode like unranked.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

People who play in premades are a minority though and they’ve had 4 seasons already where they could farm solos so I’m all for having 1 season where the solo players get to have a more balanced playing field.

People talk about team queue competition etc but this must be an EU thing because on NA 90% of the premades are trash and the other 10% are people farming solo q players or stronghold.

Look on the bright side, now people that actually suck can’t complain about premades stomping them

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

People who play in premades are a minority though and they’ve had 4 seasons already where they could farm solos so I’m all for having 1 season where the solo players get to have a more balanced playing field.

People talk about team queue competition etc but this must be an EU thing because on NA 90% of the premades are trash and the other 10% are people farming solo q players or stronghold.

Look on the bright side, now people that actually suck can’t complain about premades stomping them

Seeing as you knew when you were vs a premade or not, and seeing that most of the time i played vs premades while solo there were mostly duo players everything will be the same. The only issue is that they’re effectively killing ranked pvp. By killing i mean something that actually got worse after hot being made worse yet. So good luck getting the numbers back to 2015 levels. People that do focus on PvP eventually want to get their own team, people that play with Guild mates and friends want their own team, this is far beyond not having a clue, its downright incompetence.
Its not hard, just look at the competition, look at games like DOTA and LoL that have been doing this for way longer, League also tried to go for a mixed queue last season and apparently is now going to retract it for a separate team queue with different rewards. What they (and no other game that i know of) NEVER ever did was remove teams from the play. Because IT IS a team game.

Honestly i don’t believe someone thought this was a good idea and other people actually bought into it.

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

It is pure logic that the solo/duo option wins:

The majority of the playerbase is solo players. Players who just want a quick match after work, players without a guild, players in pure pve guilds …

Now let’s assume the worst possible matchup: 3 solo and 1 duo consisting of 1 guy playing with a rl friend without voice comm against 5 man premade on ts.
Solo players will get constantly outrotated and they die one by one due to being outnumbered every single time. The 5 premade team steamrolls the solos because one or 2 of them are dead or running back all the time.
The solo players don’t see the coordination or strategy of the premade, they think:" These scrubs can only 1v3 me while my team is losing 4v2".

That’s why solo players hate premades and, let’s be honest, it feels terrible to be outnumbered in every fight.

As a solo player, i don’t think solo/duo only is a good thing. Unranked will be unplayable during season since every ts team will be playing unranked. Unraked will get abandoned by solo players, just like courtyard and stronghold before.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Player base: We’re tired of only bread! Many of us usually prefer rice. We would like the option to choose between rice and bread.

Anet: Hmmm… Potato?

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Why can’t we vote to just add a pure solo queue and keep team queue also, that would be a better option, I really don’t see this everyone in a bunch of groups of 2’s thing working very well. And I don’t want unranked flooded with premades anymore than it already is :/

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think the extreme farming and exploitation of s1-s3 are causing a strong backlash.

I’d have preferred to see solo and team queue as it was in the past. Still, given the choice, I voted solo/duo without hesitation.

I’m sick of being farmed.. It’s as simple as that.

Mesmerising Girl

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

This is great! Now I will be able to kill people more reliably without worrying about being countered by weak opponents that are only good at team play. It should be easier to carry as well. It is hard to carry when your up against a 5 man that’s on voice chat.

This is one piece of the puzzle to giving glory to the duelists and letting the weak fall.
I will get you alone more reliably. Fear Me@! RawR!

I really suggest some of you teamers try pve more.

(edited by Cobrakon.3108)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

This is great! Now I will be able to kill people more reliably without worrying about being countered by weak opponents that are only good at team play. It should be easier to carry as well. It is hard to carry when your up against a 5 man that’s on voice chat.

This is one piece of the puzzle to giving glory to the duelists and letting the weak fall.

so good teamplay=/= skill?

im bad at sarcasm

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Sure team play is a skill set, but that skill set is rarely properly matched against equal numbers from the opposing side. In a very big way its cheesy and does not represent skill but instead takes advantage of something the other team cannot.

With this change, personal skill becomes more important. Yes you still need proper team awareness and a basic strategy, but at least the enemy hasn’t been playing with each other and doesn’t have a severe advantage in countering your solo q team. Teaming is OP when you mix them in with solo q. I am reminded by it when I manage to get one of them alone, and I totally melt them.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I think the extreme farming and exploitation of s1-s3 are causing a strong backlash.

I’d have preferred to see solo and team queue as it was in the past. Still, given the choice, I voted solo/duo without hesitation.

I’m sick of being farmed.. It’s as simple as that.

I’m in the same boat. So the vote was of course a no brainer for me at least. Looks like I’ll be making my return to the GW2’s sPvP scene in Season 5.

Sure team play is a skill set, but that skill set is rarely properly matched against equal numbers from the opposing side. In a very big way its cheesy and does not represent skill but instead takes advantage of something the other team cannot.

With this change, personal skill becomes more important. Yes you still need proper team awareness and a basic strategy, but at least the enemy hasn’t been playing with each other and doesn’t have a severe advantage in countering your solo q team. Teaming is OP when you mix them in with solo q. I am reminded by it when I manage to get one of them alone, and I totally melt them.

Yup pretty much. Now “EVERYONE” has a chance to fight on a near equal playing field. Pre Mades will have to go at least one season without their crutch of being allowed to farm solo players.

Honestly I believe ANet should just make a system like Smite’s VCS. But I’ll settle with this for one season. Who knows how many like my self will return to the PvP scene because of this. My guess is more then the self entitled weak Pre Mades that have to rely on farming solo queuers leaving.

Sorry Pre Mades. No Voltron transfermations allowed for yall in Season 5.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I don’t know why everyone’s angry at teams, sure it’s not fair of them farming solo players but Anet was the ones who decided to remove solo queue and put them all together in one queue and let that happen. We need both queues like we had before, that would be better for everyone, and probably eliminate a lot of anger and hostility from both sides. It feels like we’re all being pit against each other and it shouldn’t be like that.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

This poll is pretty disappointing to me. It’s clear that team queues will no longer be a thing, so anytime you have more than one friend or guild member online that you’d like to party with for ranked queue, you simply won’t have that option.

If the overwhelming majority of players are solo queuing, then I ask: what’s the problem with allowing team queue? You will inevitably lose the occasional match. It’s pretty rare to get matched up against the exact same 5-player premade group repeatedly. You face a premade that’s better than your team of solo q’s, and they win, well shucks. You lost a match. Queue up again and win the next one, and certainly don’t party with the people you just lost with.

Similarly, more often than not when I’m queueing ranked, if I wind up on a full team of solo q’s and we are matched against a guild premade, we win the match. Why does this happen? If you follow the logic in most of the responses to this thread, this shouldn’t be possible. 5-man guild premade teams on VOIP comms will always win against a team of solo q’s, right? Right?

I know I’m being salty, but this is pretty disappointing to me. Rather than try to accommodate both PvP teams and PvP solo queue players, the community would instead choose to kick teams to the curb. You want to play as a group with complementary builds in an attempt to work on long-term (across multiple matches) strategies? Too bad. Go play unranked. If you want to try to work through your league progress, well, you’ll have to do that another time.

Ridiculous.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

@ 77% currently thats a big majority so its pretty much guaranteed its gonna happen.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

lol .
Now you should know why GW2 still losing peoples since HoT patch.
because Teamwork , Team fight always is a Toxic of any PVP , MOBA game.
That why people want to balance from 1v1 but not 5v5.
This game have a good combat system and near 1v1 balance before HoT .Unfortunately, HoT break them all.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

This poll is pretty disappointing to me. It’s clear that team queues will no longer be a thing, so anytime you have more than one friend or guild member online that you’d like to party with for ranked queue, you simply won’t have that option.

If the overwhelming majority of players are solo queuing, then I ask: what’s the problem with allowing team queue? You will inevitably lose the occasional match. It’s pretty rare to get matched up against the exact same 5-player premade group repeatedly. You face a premade that’s better than your team of solo q’s, and they win, well shucks. You lost a match. Queue up again and win the next one, and certainly don’t party with the people you just lost with.

Similarly, more often than not when I’m queueing ranked, if I wind up on a full team of solo q’s and we are matched against a guild premade, we win the match. Why does this happen? If you follow the logic in most of the responses to this thread, this shouldn’t be possible. 5-man guild premade teams on VOIP comms will always win against a team of solo q’s, right? Right?

I know I’m being salty, but this is pretty disappointing to me. Rather than try to accommodate both PvP teams and PvP solo queue players, the community would instead choose to kick teams to the curb. You want to play as a group with complementary builds in an attempt to work on long-term (across multiple matches) strategies? Too bad. Go play unranked. If you want to try to work through your league progress, well, you’ll have to do that another time.

Ridiculous.

My self and many other solo queuer’s who didn’t play Season 4 warned yall back in Seasons 2 and 3. That the system was just a farm fest for pre made teams against solo queued team. Yall pre mades wouldn’t even reason with us. We told yall that if ANet and yall didn’t reason with us, the sPvP population would go critically low. Because no one wants to lose by default of not being on a pre made team. Yall laughed at us and told us to “L2P scrubs” “Less QQing, more Pewing” and the such.

Here we are AT THAT POINT where the sPvP community has gone so critically low that ANet is now forced to do this. In order to try to maintain what’s left of it. Maybe give it the kick start it needs to start beating again and even grow. Yall lobbied soo hard for pre mades to keep their blatantly unfair advantage. And now you are salty?? LOL well this is what happens when yall close your doors to anyone on the outside to make sure competition is kept to a bare minimal. The masses get so fed up that in the end the predator becomes the prey, and eventually neutralized on so many levels.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

A lot of you are jumping to conclusions. Especially OP.

First of all its 80% agree to try solo que for a season. It can only become a permanent thing if its voted on to keep it that way after the next season.

Second, they have not ruled out ranked team & solo que running side by side. They stated they want to try solo que as its own for a season because it’s been a common request. At one point we had both types of ranked que. It’s entirely possible that could be in the future.

Also, lot of people are tired of team and solo players being lumped together. I know I sure as hell am. There is absolutely no point in 4 rando’s and I vs a premade of 5 on TS. It wastes 7mins + que time of my time and a pip. I’ve heard a lot of other people echo this sediment.

If this goes through the only thing that can happen is anet can learn from it make a better experience further down the road. Not trying it is simply a missed opportunity.

Edit: clarity.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I think the only reason people voted yes is because they want good solo/duo queue experiences, not constantly fighting premades. They literally just need to bring back solo queue. That’s it. Bring that back, and this game will be improved just from that one change. The only answer we are given now is to disallow 3+ queues. It’s Anet’s way (and a terrible way at that) of making solo queue a more enjoyable experience. So what choice do we have? This change will go through and more players will leave PvP, or the game for good.

If they just gave an option on the vote to bring back SoloQ, that would definitely have the most votes.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

A lot of you are jumping to conclusions.

First of all its 80% to try it for a season. It can only become a permanent thing if its voted on to keep it that way after the next season.

Second, they have not ruled out ranked team & solo que running side by side. They stated they want to try solo que as its own for a season because it’s been a common request. At one point we had both types of ranked que. It’s entirely possible that could be in the future.

Also, lot of people are tired of team and solo players being lumped together. I know I sure as hell am. There is absolutely no point in 4 rando’s I vs a premade of 5 on TS. It wastes 7mins + que time of my time and a pip. I’ve heard a lot of other people echo this sediment.

If this goes through the only thing that can happen is anet can learn from it make a better experience further down the road. Not trying it is simply a missed opportunity.

anet has said as long as its a majority theyll try it. it wont become permanent unless a overwelming majority vote on the second vote. this is the first.

im bad at sarcasm

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

I know I’m being salty, but this is pretty disappointing to me. Rather than try to accommodate both PvP teams and PvP solo queue players, the community would instead choose to kick teams to the curb.

Removing teamQ is a “solution” that literally nobody asked for, as far as I know. I wouldn’t blame this on the community.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

It looks like a lot of people are misunderstanding the pvp poll, and they most likely missed Joshs (pvp dev) response on the forums of what they are doing.

Season 5 is a test season to see if solo/duo would work if they added it into the game. Its not here to stay, unless people really like it. Most likely season 6 will go as normal while they gather data to see if pvp improves. Teams can still play together in season 5, but they’ll have to go unranked to do that. What could make this a lot better is; having a ranked que for only solo/duo and another que for teams. But thats not gonna happen, because the population isn’t big enough to support that unless people are willing to wait in really long que times.

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Alimar.8760

Alimar.8760

It’s a good idea in theory. It would balance group skill levels so 5 solo players don’t go up against a full 5 team pre-build.

So Yes, it’s a good idea for overall player experience and team balance.

But on the other hand, I enjoy playing with friends. Not necessarily everyone built to specifications. But I’ve had the most fun running as a guild/friend team of 3-5 than running solo.

Perhaps add this feature in un-ranked and see how players gauge the experience before adding it to ranked?

IGN: Alimar
Guild Leader of The Tyrians [TT] (Darkhaven)

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I know I’m being salty, but this is pretty disappointing to me. Rather than try to accommodate both PvP teams and PvP solo queue players, the community would instead choose to kick teams to the curb.

Removing teamQ is a “solution” that literally nobody asked for, as far as I know. I wouldn’t blame this on the community.

This is a fair assessment, absolutely. I’m not really trying to place blame on any specific group of players, but in my previous post when I referenced “the community” I was referencing the current vote results, which are coming directly from the Guild Wars 2 community. When I voted a couple hours ago, it was about 77% in favor of solo/duo queue only. I’m sorry that I wasn’t as clear as I should have been, that’s my mistake.

Another recent responder said that the best solution would be to simply bring back solo queue. Leave ranked/league queue as it is and bring back solo queue. I’m absolutely in support of this.

Someone else on a Reddit thread had, in my opinion, a fantastic response to this poll:

It doesnt only eliminate Guild Team leaderboards.
It also eliminates teamplay and will prevent pvp teams that are playing since 4 years together from playing together at all. Making any upcoming Gw2 tournament ridiculous. I mean, where are even 5 man teams supposed to train and get better? Preparing for these tournaments? Farming beginners in unranked? This poll seems to make any tournament and even the world championship completely pointless.
Seeing this Reddit cheering for literally tearing apart groups like my pvp team is somewhat heartbreaking and really sad.
The problem is the matchmaking…. Not the >3 man queues…..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/575uol/player_vs_player_poll_soloduo_queue/d8pupom

^ 100% agree with this.

This poll is pretty disappointing to me.
(…)

My self and many other solo queuer’s who didn’t play Season 4 warned yall back in Seasons 2 and 3. That the system was just a farm fest for pre made teams against solo queued team. Yall pre mades wouldn’t even reason with us. We told yall that if ANet and yall didn’t reason with us, the sPvP population would go critically low. Because no one wants to lose by default of not being on a pre made team. Yall laughed at us and told us to “L2P scrubs” “Less QQing, more Pewing” and the such.

Here we are AT THAT POINT where the sPvP community has gone so critically low that ANet is now forced to do this. In order to try to maintain what’s left of it. Maybe give it the kick start it needs to start beating again and even grow. Yall lobbied soo hard for pre mades to keep their blatantly unfair advantage. And now you are salty?? LOL well this is what happens when yall close your doors to anyone on the outside to make sure competition is kept to a bare minimal. The masses get so fed up that in the end the predator becomes the prey, and eventually neutralized on so many levels.

Reaper, you misunderstand. I mostly run solo queue, or duo queue with a close friend, but every few days we like to queue up as a team with other players or guildmates we’ve played with in the past and see how well we fare. We are in no way, shape, or form part of a ‘professional’ premade or even remotely close to it. We aren’t predatory, and never once have myself or my guildmates behaved in the way you describe. I’m sorry you’ve had that experience, and I agree that the people who casually dismiss solo queue players as being ‘scrubs’ are toxic to the PvP community as a whole.

Just felt I should clarify my stance. I’m typically a solo queue player who likes to team up every couple of days in an ever changing group of 3-5 friends to see how we fare..not because we’re facerolling through solo queue players but because we have fun earning pips together. What’s wrong with that?

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I voted for no restrictions even though I solo or duo queue myself most of the time.

I feel that the latest season I rarely had any problems with solo or duo queue vs 4man or 5man teams. Problems has been matchmaking over all.

I do not like the take away something from people when I beleave it is not a problem.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

The Poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I would like to see solo/duo queue as an option you can choose (or not choose) to crteate a matchup only with solo/duo players.